Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

I Need Your Advice Please. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Need Your Advice Please. (804 Views)

Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys / My Life Is A Mess Right Now, I Need Some Advice Please! / My Life Is A Mess Right Now, I Need Some Advice Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice Please. by Fongido(m): 5:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hello Nairalanders

Good morning all. Hope y'all slept well.

Please I need your advice and guidance.

I am a OND holder in marine engineering and I was about going back for HND but admission has been suspended due to restructuring exercise going on in the school (Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron).
That's not the topic of conversation.
I started very well let me say in phone things. When I started using phone I knew nothing but my curiosity to know more helped me become the best.
I got to the stage that even people who used to show me one or two things and those I paid money to learn some things had to come to me for help. My highschool teachers were fond of me. I was a solution to their phone problems. Students respect me a lot bcoz of that. People started coming to me to help them fix some things for them. I was a sought after person in it.
It wasn't easy but the passion, curiosity and my determination to be the best helped me overcome many hurdles. At times learning some things were frustrating but I didn't give up. I would forget about food and sleep just to get it done.

But when I finished secondary school and it was time to choose a career path, due to lack of mentorship I think I deviated from what I have passion for to some thing else which is marine engineering. Along the lines it dawned on me that I have made a mistake. While I was still doing my OND I had regrets. At times people who knew how good I was expressed their dissatisfaction of me not going for computer science. I too regretted the whole thing.

4 years spent already since I finished highschool.
I'm very confused now. I want to make a u-turn but it's hard. I want to go and study computer science but I have doubts that Nigerian universities will drill me the way I want. I don't think they have the facilities to teach me practically. I'm thinking of going back and have HND in marine engineering then run some short courses on some computer packages. Some thing too is telling me to just stick to the marine engineering even when I know the passion ain't there.

Please what do you think? How can you advise me? I'm at a crossroads. See me as your younger brother and give me a advise that will help avoid future regrets.

Area of concentration :
1) Should I study computer science?
2) Should I obtain my HND in marine engineering and then migrate to computer?
3) Should I stick to marine engineering and make it work but all means?

I'm a little bit confused about living a luxurious life if I go into Computer.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I plead with the mods to help move this to the front page.
I'll be greatly if my request is given due consideration. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Fct 2018 Batch A, Let's Meet Here / Discussion Platform For Corp Members / Things Corps Members Who Just Passed Out Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.