Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,862 members, 7,841,242 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him (879 Views)

Obasanjo Wants Buhari Voted Out, Denies Being Neutral - Kehinde Akinyemi / Killings: Gowon Wants Buhari To Deal With Culprits / 2019: North Wants Buhari, Even On Wheelchair –ACF Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by kp3tech(m): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2017
A pan-Niger Delta group, Niger Delta-Northern Youth Coalition Worldwide, has accused the Minister of State, Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, of working to frustrate the reforms initiated by the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Maikanti Baru, and has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the minister.

President of the coalition, Prince Michael Ekamon, at a world press conference in Abuja on Thursday, accused Kachikwu of dereliction of duties if he had waited for over one year to voice his concerns.

“If the claim of the Honourable Minister, that for the past one year he has been accommodating the excesses of the GMD on such serious issues affecting the lives of Nigerians and the economy of this great nation, he should be fired for gross incompetence and maladministration,” Ekamon said.

The coalition also faulted the Minister of State for the leakage of the memo, noting that, “We urge Mr. President to as a matter of urgency investigate thoroughly the leakage of the memo to the press in the interest of his administration.

“The minister’s vituperations against Baru as contained in his letter could not be unconnected to his frustrations since the appointment of the incumbent GMD; otherwise as the chairman of the NNPC board, he would have treated the matter internally rather than doing a memo to Mr. President. Such action smacks of disloyalty to the person of Mr. President.”

They appealed to the president to give the GMD the free hand to carry on reforms in the NNPC, arguing that as an insider, he has the requisite wealth of experience to engineer the reforms as envisaged by President Buhari.

Ekamon stated that since Baru’s appointment to the NNPC, the country has witnessed efficiency in the supply of petroleum products nationwide, appointments of technocrats into the right positions, and renegotiating JVCs’ to Nigeria’s advantage.

https://thewhistler.ng/amp/story/niger-delta-coalition-faults-kachikwu-wants-buhari-fire/
Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by Davidchibike(m): 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
Na dem. Afonja in disguise

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by kp3tech(m): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
Chai... APC...

So they were the "We the South South " creator and I was busy accusing NL.

Fake Groups everywhere.

Lalasticlala frontpage...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by Tolexander: 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
Only God knows how many group we have in Nigeria!
Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by kp3tech(m): 8:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
Only God knows how many group we have in Nigeria!

The corruption ongoin in Niger is terrible... All this groups are Funded by the presidency...

They was an openly fake Niger Delta rally in Abuja last 2 month or so... That was when I gave hope on the government integrity.

They are complete FRAUD.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by psucc(m): 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2017
I wonder how stupid the southerners are! Since the inception of this country you see the southerners being willing tools in the hands of the Hausas.

This is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by Tamass: 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2017
You fools should stop blaming every little thing on the president and look for how to be productive with your lives angry
Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by Kazim88: 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
psucc:
I wonder how stupid the southerners are! Since the inception of this country you see the southerners being willing tools in the hands of the Hausas.

This is pathetic.

What make you believe in ur widest imagination that this paid faceless group are Niger Delta group

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by knightsTempler: 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
Let me just drop this here like it's hot

Herds of evil doers.

"All our brothers and sisters who are ministers and appointees of the 5% and "junior partner" ilk, and who currently labour to sow seeds for a better Nigeria, take heed. When the farm is lush from your exertions and the time for the harvest comes, you may need to start leaking letters to get access..."

What should I do to this Brilliant brother of mine, Kayode Samuel, who churns out such cryptic descriptions of our pathetic lots and disappointing lives.. This is Nigeria's manual of how to get presidential attention, the Ibe Kachikwu model.

Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by yanshDoctor: 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
hahaha.

first time in history i am hearing of niger delta - northern coalition youth group.

this must be the arewa youth or lia Mohammed handwork.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by Tamass: 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
You fools should stop blaming every little thing on the president and look for how to be productive with your lives!
The main problem of nigeria are you tribalistic fellows..that place tribal sentiments before true facts...be shoutiing hausas do this.yoruba do that..i wonder if your thick skulls cant see the main division we have in nigeria is between the rich and the poor...hausa are still suffering,same with yorubas and igbos..at the same time some hausas are enjoying same with yorubas and igbos...then you come on social media and start ranting nonsense..you look for a change,what have you offered as a person?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Coalition Faults Kachikwu, Wants Buhari To Fire Him by PureMe01: 10:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
Tamass:
You fools should stop blaming every little thing on the president and look for how to be productive with your lives angry
if only u called urself a fool,stopped blaming every little thing on GEJ and looked for how to be productive with ur life during past regime...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Abaribe's Surety Bond Frustrated By The Army Invasion.. Ozhekome / If Tony Nwoye Fails Hold Me Responsible- Legal Icon, Oguejiofor Tells The People / Nigerians In Libya Fights Over Bet9ja...instead Of Slave Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.