Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** (1242 Views)

Into The Badlands Official Fan Thread / "Star Trek" Actor Jon Paul Steuer Has Died At The Age Of 33. / Why Star Trek Discovery Might Be More Appealing To Newer Fans Of The Franchise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
fans of cbs new series, star trek discovery, come in here for discussions....
I think the first two premier episodes were awesome it really draws from the start trek lore....
Sonequa Martin-Green's portrayal of Michael is on point.... The visuals are on point..... The fight scenes are okay.... as a star trek fan am really loving this series.... I recommend the orville too if you want to see a hybrid of star trek and seth mcfarlane style comedy.....

what are your opinions on star trek discovery?

Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
nice series
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Evaberry:

honestly I prefer the star trek movies to star wars, in my opinion sw is overrated.... apart from lucas' original trilogy every thing else has been weak and effect driven in did like rogue one though it was awesome.... I
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
Kingrapha:

honestly I prefer the star trek movies to star wars, in my opinion sw is overrated.... apart from lucas' original trilogy every thing else has been weak and effect driven in did like rogue one though it was awesome.... I

Shame

shame.

shame

I don't even know what to say to you. seriously Star trek to SW. bruv There's no compsrism jhur.

Smh
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2017
Evaberry:

Shame

shame.

shame

I don't even know what to say to you. seriously Star trek to SW. bruv There's no compsrism jhur.

Smh
unpopular opinion i know..... its just mine..... rogue one is cool though
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
I do hear about star trek, what is it all about?
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Iamsheye(m): 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
Patiently waiting for Episode 4
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
MaritzaNL:
I do hear about star trek, what is it all about?
where do I start? you can wiki it or watch the recent trilogy
star trek 2009
star trek into the darkness 2014
star trek beyond 2016

it generally a sci fi story set in the future where humans and aliens alike are part of a federation... it has a space setting.....

I recommend the books also...
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
Iamsheye:
Patiently waiting for Episode 4
thoughts on Michael?
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
Kingrapha:
where do I start? you can wiki it or watch the recent trilogy
star trek 2009
star trek into the darkness 2014
star trek beyond 2016

it generally a sci fi story set in the future where humans and aliens alike are part of a federation... it has a space setting.....

I recommend the books also...
It has a book too, interesting!
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
MaritzaNL:
It has a book too, interesting!
books sister..... lots of books...
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Iamsheye(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
Kingrapha:

thoughts on Michael?
dunno ooo,but I just like her sha,i wonder ppl are always surprised seeing her
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
Iamsheye:
dunno ooo,but I just like her sha,i wonder ppl are always surprised seeing her
she doesn't really portray that vulcan vibe but she's alright....
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Iamsheye(m): 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Kingrapha:
she doesn't really portray that vulcan vibe but she's alright....
Have not watched any previous star Trek except the recent movie so I don't really know much abt vulcans,but do you think it was right

as in wat they did by carrying her to jail

Have you watched Inhumans??
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2017
Iamsheye:
Have not watched any previous star Trek except the recent movie so I don't really know much abt vulcans,but do you think it was right

as in wat they did by carrying her to jail

Have you watched Inhumans??
if you read the books you'll understand.... federation has strict rules every officer must comply to. normally she'll be court Marshalled but her actions led to a feud and possibly war with the klingons... judgment was harsh though...

just read the reviews of inhumans and they are not looking pretty....
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Iamsheye(m): 8:13am On Oct 07, 2017
Kingrapha:
if you read the books you'll understand.... federation has strict rules every officer must comply to. normally she'll be court Marshalled but her actions led to a feud and possibly war with the klingons... judgment was harsh though...

Okay now I get it

Don't worry abt the reviews, just go and watch it, it's only episode 1-3 dats out
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2017
Iamsheye:
Okay now I get it

Don't worry abt the reviews, just go and watch it, it's only episode 1-3 dats out
ill check it out sha.....
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by bufness(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2017
Kingrapha:

inhumans is crappy, too much hype
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
bufness:
inhumans is crappy, too much hype
I know right can't believe it was shot with an IMAX film it looks crappy....

1 Like

Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Iamsheye(m): 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2017
Is there anything wrong with this Inhumans why don't you guys like it
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
Iamsheye:
Is there anything wrong with this Inhumans why do you guys not like it
inhumans shot with an IMAX film vs a short film zack snyder shot with an IPhone!!!!! the cinematography for inhumans is poor.

Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Iamsheye(m): 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Kingrapha:
inhumans shot with an IMAX film vs a short film zack snyder shot with an IPhone!!!!! the cinematography for inhumans is poor.
me i know even understand all this your story but give it time am sure it will improve
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
Iamsheye:
me i know even understand all this your story but give it time am sure it will improve
hope so, I like the story though....
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Iamsheye(m): 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
has anyone watched e4
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
Iamsheye:
has anyone watched e4
I have it..... but I've not found time to watch it yet....

have you?
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Iamsheye(m): 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
Kingrapha:
I have it..... but I've not found time to watch it yet....

have you?
have not even downloaded​ it sef
Re: Star Trek: Discovery Fan Thread **** by Kingrapha(m): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Iamsheye:
have not even downloaded​ it sef

lemme watch it first.... it releases every Sunday though on cbs access

(1) (Reply)

Watch #bbnaija And Bollywood On COHAB TV / 10 Nollywood Story Ideas That Filmmakers Want / Netflix Has These TV Shows?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.