Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son (44179 Views)

Martha, The Pregnant Lady Commits Suicide After Husband Caught Her With A Pastor / I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test (part 2) / Obituary Of Benue Woman And Her 3 Children Who Died In Accident (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by 9jatatafo(m): 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2017
TheTrueApostle:
Who is impregnanting the girl?
I need answer to this question.

As I can happily volunteer

The young mother said she has a guy who regularly shines her Congo and the it is the guy who fathered the second son and responsible for the one unborn. Also the guy cannot claim ownership of the kids according to their tradition
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by stonecoldcafe: 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2017
“My first son’s biological father denied him. My second son’s biological father who is a student at Keffi is married. He is equally responsible for this very one l’m carrying, but he cannot come and claim them. So, there is no problem. I’m good to go.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin Oh dear Lord. LOL
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by Ojuororun(m): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
these life is a journey everybody will surely make his own history at the end time
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by babapressy(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2017
Terrible things
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by Mujtahida: 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
See them prejudiced posters crying 'weird' 'weird' as if this is different from sperm donors and surrogate mothers in the Western World. This is even better cos it's meant to provide succour to the old widow and legitimacy for the children.
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by Awoo88: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2017
LUGBE:
Wonders, shocked

When you taught you have heard it all
I thought only the Igbo's have this can of tradition So tiv too dey do am
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by myproperty(m): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2017
LexngtonSteele:
I learnt Benue girls can ride you till you scream "Jesus, Allah & Osanobua" in the same sentence...

Is it true? This story seems to confirm that. For the young girl,

it's a Win Win scenario, she can be promiscuous and her kids would inherit a fortune.
Come to Abuja and see for yourself the Tiv women.
If you see 30tiv ladies(un-married) that came to Abuja from their village about 20+ of them have given birth in the village.
If you go to any angwan Tiv(exclusive place we're the Tiv's reside and it's synonymous with prostitution) you would see married women in open prostitution and most of them their husband are in the village while some comes and visit them.
Some hussles and take money for family upkeep in the village.
The husband knows the wife's profession and any child got in that process belong to the husband.
Some people would think I am lying ask anybody of angwan Tiv in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by casnido2: 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
Can someone who had the time to read tru b kind enough to explain what this tread is about?
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by degyoniro(m): 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2017
she said she have a boyfriend presently and haija Mary did not know... am not getting her tho
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by LexngtonSteele: 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
This is very interesting, my bro.

I haven't "sampled" a Benue gal, but these talks of promiscuity and STDs make me very scared undecided

Kai, some husbands are even complicit in prostitution cry

myproperty:

Come to Abuja and see for yourself the Tiv women.
If you see 30tiv ladies(un-married) that came to Abuja from their village about 20+ of them have given birth in the village.
If you go to any angwan Tiv(exclusive place we're the Tiv's reside and it's synonymous with prostitution) you would see married women in open prostitution and most of them their husband are in the village while some comes and visit them.
Some hussles and take money for family upkeep in the village.
The husband knows the wife's profession and any child got in that process belong to the husband.
Some people would think I am lying ask anybody of angwan Tiv in Abuja
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by ndat(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
TheTrueApostle:
Who is impregnanting the girl? I need answer to this question.
As I can happily volunteer
read well...... apostle
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by williamdeluxe(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
I dnt knw wat to say
bt I wil say diz...
I stil dunno wat to say
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by chigoizie7(m): 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
This is not new. Some Igbo communities do it as well .
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by Uhomanbulus110(f): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2017
Wonder shall never end this madness
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by Relationship56(m): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
we keep seeing different different things everyday...what a world! You can read See The 5 Big Mistakes Men Make About Women here=> http://www.frabidel.com/blog/see-the-5-big-mistakes-men-make-about-women/
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by modupeleke(f): 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2017
Is there tradition in the site of our maker? oro aye yi a, otojusumi......
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by hilroy: 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
This is very common in Igboland
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by CioAngels(f): 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
Juliet congratulations you are happy, but don't let people know who is responsible for the pregnancy aside your God sent mother in-law.
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by Tunbolity(m): 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
The lawyer is wrong with his opinion, such culture has been declared repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience by our courts even since the 50s and 60s. Unfortunately, I can't remember the locus classicus case related to this but the facts of this case are that; a woman left her husband whom she did not bore a child and married another man without returning her bride price. She bore two kids for the new husband. The ex-husband in claiming the custody of kids that do not belong to him because she failed to return his bride price as the custom demands, he sued at customary court and won, and the case dragged till Supreme Court where he lost
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by darlenese(f): 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
fucking spree for her .
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by juman(m): 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hmmm

Religion frown at it.

Thats why they say if you travel far, one would see squirrel with hunch.
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by kayusely70(m): 5:12am On Apr 01, 2020
Bizarre!
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by bukatyne(f): 7:27am On Apr 01, 2020
Why are people acting all surprised?

I know Igbo also has this culture.
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by Ndipe(m): 2:20am On Oct 17, 2021
Tradition die hard. I have heard of such cases. Someone told me of his landlady who married a woman for her husband. I have forgotten the reason why she did it.
Re: Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son by frozen70(f): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2021
Islie:

She’s done nothing wrong – Lawyer, village head

http://sunnewsonline.com/woman-58-marries-27-yr-old-lady-to-bear-children-for-late-son/

This is an old practice, nothing is wrong with such marriage, so far the kins men are willing and ready to go with her to ask for her hand in marriage

Secondly, any child she must have had before belongs to her new husband family

Any other child she will have as she gets married also belongs to them, irrespective of who pregnants her

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marrying A Guy That Is Short.. / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Girl born with an Arabic inscription in Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.