Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road (23930 Views)

Update On Mile2-apapa Road Construction - Exclusive Images / Governor Sanwo-olu Visits The Failed Portion Of The Mile-2-apapa Expressway(pix) / The Present State Of Apapa Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by nghubs1(m): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2017
A Facebook post by Asimegbe Dominic has caught the attention of NAIJACARLOVERS after he posted a picture revealing the deteriorating nature of the Mile2 APAPA roads in Lagos state.

The Mile 2 APAPA roads connects the nation’s major seaport in Apapa and the ever-busy Murtala Muhammed International Airport, is crucial to the country’s economy.

Recall that the Minister for Power, Works and Housing Babatunde Fashola had in June 2017 said that the Federal Government and Dangote flour mill signed a N4.3 billion Memorandum of Understanding to reconstruct the alleged road.

See photos below

http://naijacarlovers.com/index.php/2017/10/07/the-deteriorating-nature-of-mile-2-apapa-road/

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by nghubs1(m): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Handsomebeing(m): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Terrible. FTC anyway.

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by OmoAtlanta: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
To serve our father land indeed.

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Bolustical: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
We need not play politics with important access roads like this. The FG needs to declare a state of emergency on these roads and set time lines for it.

If it's possible, let these roads be constructed by the private sector and be tolled, so far they are going to be world class quality.

27 Likes

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Aldebaran(m): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Not road worthy undecided sad

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Bolustical: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Difference between the SW and a particular region, no single trace of red potor potor.

15 Likes

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Nwaoma198(f): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
U on bike taking pictures
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by madridguy(m): 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Smh
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by SWORD419(m): 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
This one na small na, visit potor republic, mile 2 pipu will thank God.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by kokan: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
May God help us in this country ooo
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by wolextayo: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Ambode is working grin
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

I wonder what the fate of the residents with cars there is. A friend of mine once got stuck in line between containers on that same road and it took him 4days to retrieve his car.

Containers and trucks are nightmare on that road. Even after Dangote constructs the road, I doubt it will last, due to the amount of trucks that plies and parks on the road.

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Oloripelebe: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by ShawnMcJoe: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
Eh ya
It's a Federal road. If only we have restructured, Lagos State could have fixed a long time ago.

3 Likes

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Rhesusmonkey(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2017
This shows that Nigeria as a nation is cursed big time. Maritime is the 2nd largest source of revenue for Nigeria and yet the road leading to the busiest sea port in the country is like this. I can tell you that container carrying trucks fall on this road almost on daily basis.
I think the one of 4.3 billion which is currently being handled by Ag Dangote is from wharf gate to Area B which is about 2km, but this particular road too ( Apapa - liverpool - coconut - mile 2) has also been given to Ag-Dangote to construct, but the big question is if they can handle the construction??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by humilitypays(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
‎Seriously, Fashola and the entire APC party need to bury their heads in shame. They thought leadership is by negative news, lies and propaganda.

Apapa-Oshodi Expressway is an eyesore to Nigeria's image. What a shame!

Also major roads in Lagos connecting streets and major cities in Lagos are nothing to write home about. Lagos is deteriorating deep inside but they keep painting it so perfect when street roads, inter-L.G.A roads are death-traps!

Even though some roads are for Local governments to construct, Governor Ambode should not abandon them....he should persuade Local Government Chairmen to work on their L.G.A roads and street roads.

Lagos is becoming a mega city and is now the economic center of Nigeria and West Africa, the bad state of Lagos roads; especially roads around Oshodi, Isolo is really speaking bad of Lagos government.

Ambode wake up o....‎

Black man is a mad man! If not for white people, we blacks would have been living like animals, so shameful we can't govern ourselves to greatness, so shameful we cant make our homeland to look cute and organized‎ angry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by mrbillz(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
Last time I passed that route my eye see something before getting to Liverpool under bridge embarassed
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Adadioranma79(f): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
Same road Dangote has taken up the responsibility to rehabilitate, I'm guessing work ll commence soon on it. Earned him 3years tax relief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by cardoctor(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
Na today?
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by collinometricx: 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
this is nothing compared to Benin -ekpoma federal high way... as in that road is a dead trap

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by tsdarkside(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2017
i saw some pictures are old.....
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by afolayanto(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nigeria as a country is more deteriorating.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by hilroy: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2017
You can't have trailers, trucks, heavy duty vehicles plying that road on daily basis and expect the condition of the road not to deteriorate without routine maintenance. This is federal government road, and they should do something ASAP. May be they can tell Dangote to repair it and give him tax exemption for another 10 years undecided

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by obonujoker(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
This bad road for how many years now...
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by SweetJoystick(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
I was there on Thursday, that road is in a terrible mess. Why tankers no go dey fall anyhow?
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by Soso990240(m): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2017
Federal Road. thought they were fixing d Road sometime last 3years.
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by neonly: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2017
I passed tru dat road on Wednesday men bike sef couldn't pass I pity people living nd working on dat axis
I blame buhari for dis sha
Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by sinola(m): 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2017
Adadioranma79:
Same road Dangote has taken up the responsibility to rehabilitate, I'm guessing work ll commence soon on it. Earned him 3years tax relief.

10 yrs tax holiday

1 Like

Re: The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road by jaymejate: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2017
Later , they will come here and be showing us beautiful side claiming Lagos is the best city.. mtchew!
FG lack sense of Responsibility

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Chiefs To Go As Governors Seek New Ideas / Dignitaries At Enugu Hospital To Visit Rangers Player After Fracture. Photos / Osun Governorship Election May End In Run-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.