Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. (16169 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. / Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by anonxxxx: 10:57am On Mar 09, 2010
Hello all i created this topic for the bold ones living with HIV amongst us to come forward and share their experiences,how they ve been managing their lives,staying health and managing the side effects of ARV drugs,for those on treatment,Tips on how to improve our well-being will be welcome.

I will start with myself,i tested positive this January and just commenced treatment,still trying to cope with the effects such as tiredness and nausea.The psychological effects sometimes sets in no doubt.

WE SHOULDN'T BE TOO SHY THEREFORE BEARING IT ALL ALONE TOGETHER WE CAN FIGHT THIS AND BE HAPPY.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by dominique(f): 11:34am On Mar 09, 2010
that's a very bold move you made duscussing your HIV status in a public forum like this.
hope more people will rise to the challenge. . .we're all here to learn.
and please no snide comments!!!
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by dominique(f): 11:40am On Mar 09, 2010
@Anonxxxx

i have a couple of questions (hope you dont mind)

have you gone public with your status?
hope you're not being stigmatized?
do you intend to get married?
if the ARV prevents the virus from multiplying, is there a chance that you'll test negative in future?

hope to hear from you soon.
cheers smiley
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by anonxxxx: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
As i stated earlier i just got to know but i ve registered with an NGO org associated with creating awareness,but am not too active cos i still have a job which i am been paid for to do, i disclose my status to my two sisters and till date we use same plates,cups and spoons because they ve some knowledge abet HIV,for now i will say that i have never been stigmatised maybe because i don't look it one bit(so are others)I intend to get married,infact i went for the test with my fiancee and he has not left me,we ve been counselled and the marriage plans is on.
Lastly been on ARV does not mean one is been cured,it only reduces the viral load and slows down the mutation,once tested positive one can never test negative again unless a miracleous healing takes place.One can get to the a point where the virus is no more dictated,it then means that the virus has been surpressed but not eliminated and when the ARV is stopped or skipped for sometime they come alive again.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by AqRiUsAge(f): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
You're an inspiration to alot of people who suffer in silence. I commend you.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by dominique(f): 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
thanks for the clarification.
i wish you sound health, strenght and courage throughout your sorjoun.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by hope4hiv: 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
Just like dominique and AqRiUs Age mentioned, oh my goodness what an audacious move the PO have made

this topic would go a long way to educate more people tested positive and those tested

negative ,i have met and counselled many hiv postive and during my talk with them a lady

said HIV is not even an issue to be discussed or share with anyone ,she even said that she

will never disclose it to her mother she lives with ,often times she falls sick with fever and

weakness from inside her aged mother runs helter skelter to care for her and the lady knew

its not just a fever but a symton of hiv which her mother efforts can never solve she would have

saved the poor old woman if she disclose it ,secondly she met a man who was intrested in

dating her ,she refused to disclose to him ,along the line they made love together and she

infected the guy and later dumped him ,also i want to point out there is enough campaign and

awareness to educate people on how one can be infected with hiv,so i see no reason why

there is still stigmatisation ,avoidance and rejection .HIV is not a death sentence if managed

very well ,some threatened to commit suicide ,some are imprisoned psychologically ,the fear

of its imminent danger and the fear of the unknown have caused a deadly depresion to some

,Nigerians ,NL we can make a lot of Differences by removing stigmatisation ,it could happen

to anyone ,there was a time someone said oh hiv is the weapon to eradicate immorality ,wait

a minute ,what about those infected through blood transfusion,used blade,sciccors,etc,

ARV is said to have some side effects on the liver,causes Anorexia(lost of appetite)effects on

the brain and other vital organs of the body but it is the Government Approved drug to reduce

the viral load of the virus one thing i want to point out here is this the virus attacks the cd4

cells ,renders the blood immunity powerless ,uses the same cd4 to reproduce itself after it

has taken full control of it ,we are products of nature and cd4 itself has a natural way of

fighting foreign invaders like the virus ,hiv postive can reduce the effects of ARV maitaining a

good health by eating vegetables,taking a lot of fruits like grapes,cucumber,apple and so on

,these boost the blood immunity,
secondly i have advised patients to take aloe vera which also is a powerfull natural immune

booster ,Garlic is a strong immune booster too but i want to advise hiv patient who is on ARV

not to eat it because it affects ARV medications.lastly patients should reduce intake of

cholesterol ,fats ,sugar and mineral intake ,the virus multiplies rapidly in an environment that

is fatty,100% coconut oil is another thing you can add to your meal ,i wish every hiv positive s

hopefull life.STOP THE STIGMITISATION ,STOP THE REJECTION AND AVOIDANCE

,ENCOURAGE THEM AND THOSE INFECTED ,HIV IS NOT A DEATH SENTENCE.
I KNOW PEOPLE I ADVISE WHO HAVE LIVED WITH THE VIRUS FOR 9 YEARS NOW

AND STILL FEELING FINE ,YOU CAN MAKE IT,YES YOU CAN ,DONT BE

FRUSTRATED,DONT BE DEJECTED .
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
THERES NO DISEASE WHICH Allah (swt)has not send the cure,its simply abstinency before marriage and fidelity in marriage,
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by masido(f): 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
@anonxxxx ,you are really brave for coming out with your HIV status.
i wish you all the best in life.
Im learning alot from nairaland.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by TOPE20001(f): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
I applaud you for this. . .wow

just quick question
do u remember how u got infected?
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2010
peace and enuff! respect to you anonxxxx, you will leave to see your great grand children. by God,s grace. take mighty care of your self, cheers.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by annyplenty(m): 11:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
but Hope4hiv, you once said you had a cure for HIV.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by EHITZ(m): 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
i pronounce healing upon ur life, even if am not a pastor, i believe someone like who sounds like one who cannot hurt a fly deserve healing, i pronounce it on you now by faith. we love you dear, just learnt a lot from you!!

1 Like

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by tayoast(m): 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
eh yahhh, kpele.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by honeric01(m): 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
May God bless you, please do you mind sharing any mistakes (if any) you made in contacting this illness?
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by akigbemaru: 12:09am On Mar 10, 2010
uplawal:

[size=16pt]THERES NO DISEASE WHICH Allah (swt)has not send the cure[/size],its simply abstinency before marriage and fidelity in marriage,

Carry your Yeye Allah go somewhere, he has all the cure, why can he save Yar Adua. He was transported to Mecca, maybe if he throws stones to devil he may be cured. A lot people will stop going to Mecca, it's just calculated ruse to subterfuge black people. Arabs are so smart, they take the political will of religion and give feeble-minded like you the spiritual aspect. That's why you never find almajiris in Saudi Arabia. Then the funniest thing is, they promise you must visit mecca once in your lifetime, to get to the alujuna. Thank you for bring billions of dollars to arab world every year. But you get that Arab use Abu's money to welcome Abu. Civilization started in Africa and spiritualism was a gift given by God, we sold it to outside world over a pot of potridge or asaro. The outside world refined it and resale it back to us but holds the political part.
Like they say, Orisa to ba le gba mi, o sa se mi bi oti ba mi. Yar-Adua left in November 09, so shobby, but came back so gaunt. Then, the king of Saudi chased him away at last. If Yar would have had an arab color they would make sure he recuperates before chasing him out of Holy Land of peace.

2 Likes

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by shollyaj(m): 12:14am On Mar 10, 2010
The Lord is your strength, I have an Uncle who's been positive for the past 15 years and still very much active, we eat and drink together and he never for once jokes with his Drugs and sure goes for the seminars @ all times @ the LUTH.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by SeanT21(f): 12:23am On Mar 10, 2010
anonxxxx:

As i stated earlier i just got to know but i ve registered with an NGO org associated with creating awareness,but am not too active cos i still have a job which i am been paid for to do, i disclose my status to my two sisters and till date we use same plates,cups and spoons because they ve some knowledge abet HIV,for now i will say that i have never been stigmatised maybe because i don't look it one bit(so are others)I intend to get married,infact i went for the test with my fiancee and he has not left me,we ve been counselled and the marriage plans is on.[/b]Lastly been on ARV does not mean one is been cured,it only reduces the viral load and slows down the mutation,once tested positive one can never test negative again unless a miracleous healing takes place.One can get to the a point where the virus is no more dictated,it then means that the virus has been surpressed but not eliminated and when the ARV is stopped or skipped for sometime they come alive again.

[b]WOW~~what a wonderful man. Will keep you in my prayers. You are very bold for doing this.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by tubabie(f): 12:24am On Mar 10, 2010
@anonxxxx

Your boldness is commendable , I pray you have all the strength and support you need for your journey wink

uplawal:

THERES NO DISEASE WHICH Allah (swt)has not send the cure,its simply abstinency before marriage and fidelity in marriage,
Can you take your hypocritical self off this thread angry  Is HIV only transmitted through se-xual relations?
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by fifi09(f): 12:35am On Mar 10, 2010
You've got a lot of bravery, and I commend you for setting an example to others…. anonxxxx, you're an inspiration.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by ssumpta(f): 1:04am On Mar 10, 2010
Good job for taking good care of urself. Good health is life!
Thank God u have an understanding family and fiancee.
TOPE2000!:

I applaud you for this. . .wow

just quick question
do u remember how u got infected?
honeric01:

May God bless you, please do you mind sharing any mistakes (if any) you made in contacting this illness?
is this necessary? But if sm pple would learn, very well.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by ceasyc(f): 1:32am On Mar 10, 2010
a lot of peeps r living wit dis tin mennnnn its scary
wen i went 2 pastor t.b Joshua's (synagogue) early last yr,
lots of dem ppl living wit hiv/aids stood up wen dey
were asked 2 (looking 4 miracle there and cure)
dey looked so normal - very scary
no offence intended ohhh

some ppl find out dey've got d disease
n try to educate others while some find out n
infect others knowingly/intentionally - spreading it like fire
God dey ohhh

my 1st cuz died from hiv/aids a few yrs ago
guess she didnt no on time or was diagnosed L8

but poster u r 1 courageous gal
kip it up - Jehovah dey by ya side
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by na2day2(m): 2:12am On Mar 10, 2010
anonxxxx:

Hello all i created this topic for the bold ones living with HIV amongst us to come forward and share their experiences,how they ve been managing their lives,staying health and managing the side effects of ARV drugs,for those on treatment,Tips on how to improve our well-being will be welcome.

I will start with myself,i tested positive this January and just commenced treatment,still trying to cope with the effects such as tiredness and nausea.The psychological effects sometimes sets in no doubt.

WE SHOULDN'T BE TOO SHY THEREFORE BEARING IT ALL ALONE TOGETHER WE CAN FIGHT THIS AND BE HAPPY.

bold move but i still believe u can pray for healing from God while u take ur medications
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Outstrip(f): 2:26am On Mar 10, 2010
God bless you. I believe that someone will read your post and this will be all the encouragement they will need to stay on their medication and not say that they are as good as dead. You are truly an inspiration
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by riversman: 2:35am On Mar 10, 2010
STOP this foolishness plizzzz, Its not curable, You can pray to God for strength and the stability to assist and help with awareness, AIDS is no different from Breast cancer that kills as well,, a lotta women die from Fibroid, and all otha kinds of cancer but we cast and bind any HIV+ person

SHAME ON THE NIGERIAN govt for making HIV+ patients seem like society's wasted souls, HIV+ folks are in ur family, in ur church, in ur school, u walk past them everyday,

Lets change the way we think, i know many healthy HIV+ folks and they live the fulfilled life, inspiration to me,

@poster - please keep doing your thing, AIDS is just anotha blood disease and not a matter of irresponsibilty as they make it seem at Nigerian churches, HISSS

1 Like

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by ayettymama(f): 2:38am On Mar 10, 2010
wow

bless i pray God gives ur soul and body the strength it needs to continue life happily

pls dont spread it

avoid having children- unless u can afford healthcare to prevent them from gettin it

educate those arnd abt it

to others lets learn from this- HIV is real and it kills!! esp in africa!! its killin them off and wiping them out!

1 Like

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by platinumnk(f): 2:52am On Mar 10, 2010
riversman:

STOP this foolishness plizzzz, Its not curable, You can pray to God for strength and the stability to assist and help with awareness, AIDS is no different from bosom cancer that kills as well,, a lotta women die from Fibroid, and all otha kinds of cancer but we cast and bind any HIV+ person

SHAME ON THE NIGERIAN govt for making HIV+ patients seem like society's wasted souls, HIV+ folks are in your family, in your church, in your school, u walk past them everyday,

Lets change the way we think, i know many healthy HIV+ folks and they live the fulfilled life, inspiration to me,

@poster - please keep doing your thing, AIDS is just anotha blood disease and not a matter of irresponsibilty as they make it seem at Nigerian churches, HISSS
+1
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by na2day2(m): 2:55am On Mar 10, 2010
riversman:

STOP this foolishness plizzzz, Its not curable, You can pray to God for strength and the stability to assist and help with awareness, AIDS is no different from bosom cancer that kills as well,, a lotta women die from Fibroid, and all otha kinds of cancer but we cast and bind any HIV+ person

aids is not curable by man but God is not man, enough said!
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by sulad82i(m): 3:05am On Mar 10, 2010
@ poster, I commend you for this. I hope God see you and your family through.
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by riversman: 3:13am On Mar 10, 2010
ayettymama:

wow

bless i pray God gives your soul and body the strength it needs to continue life happily

pls dont spread it

Oh no u didnt!!!!!! BIEEETCH are u serious dont spread what?? thats very ignorant and ridic, HISS!!!!

its people like that create the FEAR and madness that spreads the the virus, have u ever thot about "where your husband/bf gets a haircur"?? if u dont have one, trust me guys are very careless with thier hygiene, so dont think HIV+ is only sexually transmitted

I am so SICK of AFRICANS playing that whole religious card blah blah, if u were soo much of a christian why do u use panadaol or tylenol, just stand on faith and u will be healed, Heaven only helps those who are willing to help themselves,

1 Like

Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by Nobody: 3:16am On Mar 10, 2010
riversman:

Oh no u didnt!!!!!! BIEEETCH are u serious dont spread what?? thats very ignorant and ridic, HISS!!!!

its people like that create the FEAR and madness that spreads the the virus, have u ever thot about "where your husband/bf gets a haircur"?? if u dont have one, trust me guys are very careless with thier hygiene, so dont think HIV+ is only sexually transmitted

I am so SICK of AFRICANS playing that whole religious card blah blah, if u were soo much of a christian why do u use panadaol or tylenol, just stand on faith and u will be healed, Heaven only helps those who are willing to help themselves,

Hey its ridiculous, but its fact. If we cant cure it, we can prevent it.

There's the major problem with HIV. . . . if ppl try preventive steps to decrease the spread of HIV, the world will be a better place.

But ayettymama too could have phrased it in a more sincere manner, this is NL. Very sensitive people
Re: Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. by riversman: 3:22am On Mar 10, 2010
like she said, her husband to be is supportive and going thru with it, who told yall that she will actually get pregnant, BTW - 50% of kids born to HIV+ moms have tested negative,

AIDS shuld and must not end ur LIFE nor steal from the JOY pf life,

CANCER to me is worse than AIDS, cos it has no mercy on ur soul, HIV+ is situation that can be maintained,

HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY TELL THE TRUTH TO YOUR SEXUAL PARTNERS abeg make i hear word, if u dont wanna spread it then, close ya legs and be celibate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Vitamin D Reduces Infection And Impact Of COVID-19, Studies Find / COVID-19: BUA Group Donates 5 Ambulances, 20 Hilux Vehicles To Kano / FG Releases ₦6.45 Billion For New Oxygen Plants In 38 Locations Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.