Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (275352 Views)

Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by YourFatherLap: 9:18am On Nov 07, 2017
Chai see UK life.... I'm seriously saving...

I go dey there soon... Kpatakpata latest mid next year.

PS: I'm saving all OP's pictures for ginger cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by corpershun: 9:47am On Nov 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Microfinance for the poor, banks for others. There's no point countering my post when you don't live in Nigeria presently.

I on the other hand live in Nigeria and I have needs for credit but cannot get because interest rate is high and not affordable. Please there is no how you can compare the UK in terms of standard of living, welfare and life expectancy to Nigeria. My tailor took loan from a microfinance bank 100,000 naira to repay 150,000 for 6 months. If the monthly repayment money is short of 700 naira, the way those people would come to disgrace you in the shop, you won't wish for your enemy to collect loan.

I hope you are aware the current life expectancy of an average Nigerian is 54 years predicted to 44 years if the country's economic condition continues like this.

My dear the truth is, it is only the wealthy/very rich that enjoy this country, the poor and middle class are left suffering. The road to my street is very bad, my light is rationalised, IKEDC has refused to give me the pay as you use meter due to corruption yet give me exorbitant bill, the waste company doesn't come pick up thrash because of the road, I spend so much on fuel daily, I can't cook so much and freeze as there is no light. Now if all these basic amenities cannot be met, tell me what I am enjoying in the country as a citizen even though I pay my tax both directly and indirectly. I bought pizza for 2400 and the tax deducted was 350; Just Imagine!

OP wonderful thread, I have learnt a lot. You are very fortunate.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Toppytek(m): 10:50am On Nov 07, 2017
YourFatherLap:
boss which country you dey??

I no even know
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2017
blank:

Easy access to credit means that the credit should be affordable. What is affordable about 32% to 40% interest rate? That means for every money you borrow, one-third of the same amount will go as interest. That's what Microfinance banks are charging.

Quit sounding like a broken record. How many banks have you negotiated with, are there not many options available for you to chose what fits ts you need, people even do these things for others at lesser interest rates, such a person to try "Ajor" scheme, it helps.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Quit sounding like a broken record. How many banks have you negotiated with, are there not many options available for you to chose what fits your needs. Between if you need N100K loan you can pm me to get you an interest rate of only 10% people do these things for others and I know someone who does this for a living depending on your location also if the person is in need of only a N100K advice such a person to try "Ajor" scheme, it helps.

I need to raise 100K, do you know any osusu I can join?
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2017
corpershun:

I on the other hand live in Nigeria and I have needs for credit but cannot get because interest rate is high and not affordable. Please there is no how you can compare the UK in terms of standard of living, welfare and life expectancy to Nigeria. My tailor took loan from a microfinance bank 100,000 naira to repay 150,000 for 6 months. If the monthly repayment money is short of 700 naira, the way those people would come to disgrace you in the shop, you won't wish for your enemy to collect loan.

I hope you are aware the current life expectancy of an average Nigerian is 54 years predicted to 44 years if the country's economic condition continues like this.

My dear the truth is, it is only the wealthy/very rich that enjoy this country, the poor and middle class are left suffering. The road to my street is very bad, my light is rationalised, IKEDC has refused to give me the pay as you use meter due to corruption yet give me exorbitant bill, the waste company doesn't come pick up thrash because of the road, I spend so much on fuel daily, I can't cook so much and freeze as there is no light. Now if all these basic amenities cannot be met, tell me what I am enjoying in the country as a citizen even though I pay my tax both directly and indirectly. I bought pizza for 2400 and the tax deducted was 350; Just Imagine!

OP wonderful thread, I have learnt a lot. You are very fortunate.

Quit sounding like a broken record, tell your neighbor to start "Ajor" or tell him to ask people around, he will surely see someone that can loan him N100K at 10% interest rate. Or simply open a thread on a busy forum like Nairaland and ask for N100K loan with 10% interest, if someone doesn't loan him the money at that rate(terms and condition apply), come back here and insult me.

I dislike negative thinkers because you guys are like viruses that infect others with your negativity, your tailor told you such a thing and your brain couldn't figure out solutions for him, the next thing you do is to come to Nairaland to spread your virus.

Who forced you to buy pizza from that outlet? If Ali graduate from school, open pizza shop dey sell, people like you will not patronize him because you want to look rich by buying from a shop that taxes you so high. Can't you make your own pizza? Imagine someone paying N350 tax, your virus is strong.

Go and buy yellow box or save up for solar light, if you open a savings acct for this, in no time you will afford it and you don't need to pay bill any more, these are simple solutions. Also look into saving up for inverters so you can use both solar and substitute with inverter, you won't need to pay bills again and no need for meters, if light is your headache.

Abeg carry your virus commot for here jor.

7 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I need to raise 100K, do you know any osusu I can join?

Where is your location? Go open thread ask for loan bros or start osusu with your friends, family, neighbours or fellow workers, so far you meet the terms you will see someone that is willing to help or try Renmoney.

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 11:36am On Nov 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Where is your location?

Palmgrove, Lagos.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Palmgrove, Lagos.

I have answered u
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 11:45am On Nov 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Where is your location? Go open thread ask for loan bros or start osusu with your friends, family, neighbours or fellow workers, so far you meet the terms you will see someone that is willing to help or try Renmoney.

Renmoney aka shark loan providers?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by blank(f): 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Quit sounding like a broken record. How many banks have you negotiated with, are there not many options available for you to chose what fits ts you need, people even do these things for others at lesser interest rates, such a person to try "Ajor" scheme, it helps.

You mentioned easy access to credit and microfinance banks is why i had to call you out. How is "ajor" a credit system? Obviously, you have run out of "facts" that you pulled out of your hat and have started stretching reality. For your information, it is Renmoney that charges those ridiculous interest rates.

Again, i ask, how is "ajo" a credit system that it qualifies as easy access to credit?

You definitely have had no experience in obtaining credit in Nigeria which is why you are at liberty to yarn dust.

20 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by sutelk: 12:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Quit sounding like a broken record, tell your neighbor to start "Ajor" or tell him to ask people around, he will surely see someone that can loan him N100K at 10% interest rate. Or simply open a thread on a busy forum like Nairaland and ask for N100K loan with 10% interest, if someone doesn't loan him the money at that rate(terms and condition apply), come back here and insult me.

I dislike negative thinkers because you guys are like viruses that infect others with your negativity, your tailor told you such a thing and your brain couldn't figure out solutions for him, the next thing you do is to come to Nairaland to spread your virus.

Who forced you to buy pizza from that outlet? If Ali graduate from school, open pizza shop dey sell, people like you will not patronize him because you want to look rich by buying from a shop that taxes you so high. Can't you make your own pizza? Imagine someone paying N350 tax, your virus is strong.

Go and buy yellow box or save up for solar light, if you open a savings acct for this, in no time you will afford it and you don't need to pay bill any more, these are simple solutions. Also look into saving up for inverters so you can use both solar and substitute with inverter, you won't need to pay bills again and no need for meters, if light is your headache.

One question for you? What are you looking for in this thread, what's your mission?
Correct me if I'm wrong but its like your mission is to discourage everyone that has any intention to better his or her life by moving to the UK cos all your posts are loaded with bitterness and lies, like say no be this country all of us de.
If you ask me you are the chief virus of this thread, I'm beginning to agree with the poster that said you were deported.
Abeg carry your virus commot from this thread make those of us when port see road. You are free to stay behind in naija nobody is forcing you to follow us.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
YourFatherLap:
boss which country you dey??

The UK
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Marriott1980(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Microfinance for the poor, banks for others. There's no point countering my post when you don't live in Nigeria presently.

But you counter other peoples post even when you don't live abroad. OK im getting you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by skylane: 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

what about the tax he pay as a nigerian? All the ppl who stole billions 4rm ur countrys account where are they? As a citizen of nigeria is he supposed to provide electricity 4 himself when we hav a supposed running Government? What abt ppl dat can't afford solar? What abt roads do u know nigeria has one of the highest motor accidents in the world cos of bad road? What abt education sector,spend 10 yrs to get admission spend anoda 10 yrs to graduate,stop all this things u are saying please,u 4 sure know that that's not how is supposed to be,

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by skylane: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2017
sutelk:

One question for you? What are you looking for in this thread, what's your mission?
Correct me if I'm wrong but its like your mission is to discourage everyone that has any intention to better his or her life by moving to the UK cos all your posts are loaded with bitterness and lies, like say no be this country all of us de.
If you ask me you are the chief virus of this thread, I'm beginning to agree with the poster that said you were deported.
Abeg carry your virus commot from this thread make those of us when port see road. You are free to stay behind in naija nobody is forcing you to follow us.

God bless you broda,easy business n credit,Southafrica has more millionaires than nigeria
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by YourFatherLap: 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
justwise:

The UK
correct...

Senior man abeg i go need your WhatsApp contact if you don't mind ...

I'm planning to come to the UK next year.. I need guilds
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
Indomie still quenching my hunger...

19 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
UKmigrant:
Indomie still quenching my hunger...

Upgraded looking indomitable indomie.........

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Gerrard59(m): 6:46pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thanks at the moderator for hiding some posts. That Pidgin lady is a nutcase! I'm surprised she's being given attention.

@OP, to think we ate similar meal. cheesy
Apart from the beans.

6 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
YourFatherLap:
correct...

Senior man abeg i go need your WhatsApp contact if you don't mind ...

I'm planning to come to the UK next year.. I need guilds

I do mind, i don't get my number involved with nairaland and visa stuff, feel free to ask your question here or in any other thread here

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Malayy(m): 8:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
That pigeon is just a witch..
I wish the mods can give her a long ban..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by damoceile: 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
YourFatherLap:
Chai see UK life.... I'm seriously saving...

I go dey there soon... Kpatakpata latest mid next year.

PS: I'm saving all OP's pictures for ginger cheesy
Oga make i tag along.. To leave this hell hole dey hungry me no be small abeg..... Madam Pidgin2 don't come and preach that stay in Naija something to me oo undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (72) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.