Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (275140 Views)

Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by magnificientzaz(f): 11:11am On Nov 08, 2017
yummy shocked
UKmigrant:
Indomie still quenching my hunger...
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by veleta: 11:49am On Nov 08, 2017
@Justwise,please I can't respond to pm on Nairaland,what do I do please?Sorry its off topic
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
veleta:
@Justwise,please I can't respond to pm on Nairaland,what do I do please?Sorry its off topic

Use 3rd party email apps like maildroid or the standard google default gmail app........
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
veleta:

Follow the person first..then try again
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Endlessgrace: 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
I know you are pushing fixed deposit cos thats what counts for you as a banker and treasury bill doesn’t because it belongs to cbn but to be unbiased treasury bills is the better option anyday. Aside the fact that its interest rate is always higher, your interest Exempt from tax unlike fixed deposit.

ladylco:

You really need to understand the principles of these instruments to know which one works for you, also all other considering factors.

It all depends on what you are looking at.

If you are looking at long time financial security, them TBills it is, but when looking at a short time investment returns I will advise you scout for the best FD rate you can get in the market and go for it.

13 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Endlessgrace: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2017
Your comments always crack me up, your level of sarcasm no be here. The funniest thing is most people dont get.keep being u bro and dont stop putting smiles on our faces.

Lexusgs430:

And I was about to ask you if you could spare me some change....

I would not knowingly want to leech or be a parasite, but when Nigeria's economical issues are beyond the powers of the common man. We extend our plea to those we feel might be able or willing to help......

Thanking you in advance. Thank you......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by veleta: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
Thanks @Lexusgs430 and Justwise,will try it
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Endlessgrace: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
I give up�

You are exhausting

Pidgin2:

Quit sounding like a broken record. How many banks have you negotiated with, are there not many options available for you to chose what fits ts you need, people even do these things for others at lesser interest rates, such a person to try "Ajor" scheme, it helps.

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
See trouble o, I never even buy TV, dem don dey warn me ahead grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
Endlessgrace:
Your comments always crack me up, your level of sarcasm no be here. The funniest thing is most people dont get.keep being u bro and dont stop putting smiles on our faces.

Glad you clearly reading between the lines... But as you know, their is always a thin line between reality and fun........

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2017
UKmigrant:

You don't have to buy one if you don't own a computer, laptop, tablet, TV, smartphone (in short any device you can stream from).....
Simply never open your door, when they come knocking.....
NB : TV licencing authority, simply welcoming you to the UK.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
UKmigrant:

Not only TV...... Your smartphone, laptop, tablet, computer etc etc etc
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You don't have to buy one if you don't own a computer, laptop, tablet, TV, smartphone (in short any device you can stream from).....
Simply never open your door, when they come knocking.....
NB : TV licencing authority, simply welcoming you to the UK.....
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2017

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
UKmigrant:
I signed up again to take up more shifts. My employer was very happy about it thanking me o... for work wey dem go pay me for.

These people no no say I dey hustling mode ni, chai cheesy na me suppose thank them sef.

Nah u go tire nah..... Pick up as much as you can, it's either your body begin tell u stories or after you see your total deductions......

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Endlessgrace: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
They knocked tire on my door yesterday, i didnt give them an appointment na.

UKmigrant:
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by rchilee: 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lol nice one @UKmigrant

Meanwhile, this thread is for UK migrant(s) and not to debate life in Nigeria. We are familiar with the current state of the country so madam 'Pidgin' can stay off please.

21 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2017
My lovely colleague got me coffee this morning. This usually puts me in beast mode!

It's been a great day so far. Very light work. Just passing time now watching the clock tick.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
UKmigrant:
My lovely colleague got me coffee this morning. This usually puts me in beast mode!

It's been a great day so far. Very light work. Just passing time now watching the clock tick.

Was this colleague male or female?

NB : On the side note, it's about time your employer upgraded their OS.......

16 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
Endlessgrace:
They knocked tire on my door yesterday, i didnt give them an appointment na.

Open at your peril.......
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by ladylco: 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
Endlessgrace:
I know you are pushing fixed deposit cos thats what counts for you as a banker and treasury bill doesn’t because it belongs to cbn but to be unbiased treasury bills is the better option anyday. Aside the fact that its interest rate is always higher, your interest Exempt from tax unlike fixed deposit.

There are also non tax deductible FDs and that is what I asked that he go for, if you also read my text you will also see that i stated that it depends on the financial instrument that suits your investment objective. You can not be looking at short term revolving investment opportunity and you go for Tbills; what economic sense is that? am not saying that TBills is not a good option, please read all my writeups carefully and have a clear understanding

Tibills is good no doubt but is a long term investment option and also has its features. Besides, give me the current Tbills interest rate and I can confidently tell you that some bank match it in FD rate if not even higher because i study the marker and I can confidently tell you that what he is getting as interest currently on his FD is way higher than what is obtainable on TB; non tax deductible and upfront interest payment. So why spend so much time to get returns?

Abeg lets end this matter, this has been clearly discussed and matter closed, the choice is to whomever is interested. Choose what works for you.

UKmigrant! see what your constant long inactive mode is causing o, please be feeding us frequently with your adventures so that we will not be derailing the thread
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by austino677(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
UKmigrant:
This is the 2nd time a yound white guy will walk up to me and beg for any "spare change"
tell am say buhari hold am wink

13 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
UKmigrant:
This is the 2nd time a yound white guy will walk up to me and beg for any "spare change"

Homelessness + poverty, is a very serious matter in the UK.......
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by justwise(m): 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
UKmigrant:

Take this opportunity to write a letter of complain, you are barely a month in the UK and they have started disturbing you.

Tell them that you just arrived in the UK and moved into that house.. you will receive letter of apologies and they will give you a breathing space.

7 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
justwise:

Take this opportunity to write a letter of complain, you are barely a month in the UK and they have started disturbing you.

Tell them that you just arrived in the UK and moved into that house.. you will receive letter of apologies and they will give you a breathing space.

And by so doing, they now have his full details.

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by finestboy1: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2017
justwise:

lol By the time he buys TV..Them go show him house grin grin
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by claremont(m): 8:53am On Nov 09, 2017
UKmigrant:

Ignore these letters, never ever respond to them. You don't need a license to own a TV, you only need one if you watch live programmes as they are being broadcast. These TV license letters have been following me like 'monitoring spirits' since the days when I was a student, these are standard letters they send to every house in the UK. It's a totally pointless form of tax used to fund the paedophiles and boring programmes in the BBC.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 09, 2017
claremont:

Ignore these letters, never ever respond to them. You don't need a license to own a TV, you only need one if you watch live programmes as they are being broadcast. These TV license letters have been following me like 'monitoring spirits' since the days when I was a student, these are standard letters they send to every house in the UK. It's a totally pointless form of tax used to fund the paedophiles and boring programmes in the BBC.
cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by FKBZ: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Nigeria value system is so wrong, people throw figures around carelessly even when the product doesn't worth it.

I think its better to buy a house and redevelop it than buying a land to build on.

Hi justwise...good job....
I intend to migrate to another country and I need your guidance.. Do not want to use any agent.... Want to do by myself and looking towards next year.... Canada or UK...
How can I contact you
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by rchilee: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
FKBZ:

I intend to migrate to another country and I need your guidance.. Do not want to use any agent.... Want to do by myself and looking towards next year.... Canada or UK...
How can I contact you

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/0

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by justwise(m): 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
FKBZ:

How can I contact you

Unfortunately no, I don't get my contact details involved in nairaland and visa issues.

All the information you need is in this section, all you need is to ask question in appropriate thread and research.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (72) (Reply)

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.