Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (275498 Views)

Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:20am On Dec 25, 2017
UKmigrant:
Lets move on abeg grin

I want to introduce you to someone special, She has a big a** and fat thighs just like I love it, her name is Cinderella and yes she is my Xmas chicken.

She likes it hot, but since man's not hot, I'm gonna place her where she belongs - the oven grin cheesy

Details later!

Please dont place her in the washing machine.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Ugosample(m): 10:46am On Dec 25, 2017
humilitypays:
United states is the best country anyone can ever think of traveling to.

After USA, comes Australia, Canada, Japan and others.

UK is a waste of time...at the long run you will discover that you wasted your whole years living in UK.

If you doubt me, check how many relatives or neighbors or people you know that lived in UK that have good investment back home or doing exceedingly well, they are very few and rare but you can count thousands if not millions of Nigerians living in US and doing so well.

Nigerians avoid traveling to UK to live, that country is a wasted land only good for education and maybe holiday visit.

UK will become hell for migrants in few decades to come because their over bloated economy will crash further. Why Because UK has become irrelevant in the comity of nations when it comes to industrial, IT, etc service delivery. UK isn't producing anything highly sort after by the whole world....so soon they won't have what to export and no more colonialism to use to milk other nations and commonwealth will crash on their wicked head!

BREXIT will after them more in the coming years; UK economy will crash and good jobs will become rare and pay will drop while tax will increase.

UK, the most useless country that destroyed Africa angry

Your last statement shows that you said all this based on bad belle.
though U.K. is now de industrialised, the multinationals they own that operate across the world, the big tourism sector, their big banks the premier league as someone said, and even their schools that accept thousands upon thousands of international students among other things all sustain them.

The U.K. is now a service based economy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by postemail: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2017
UKmigrant:
Lets move on abeg grin

I want to introduce you to someone special, She has a big a** and fat thighs just like I love it, her name is Cinderella and yes she is my Xmas chicken.

She likes it hot, but since man's not hot, I'm gonna place her where she belongs - the oven grin cheesy

Details later!

Hi. You forgot to mention the cost of a whole chicken in the UK compared to the 1700 naira we pay for a whole(fresh) chicken in Lagos.

It will be nice if you could take the time to compare food prices in your part of UK and Nigeria; and also the quality. Some say 9ja coca cola is watery compared to the same coca cola in UK. Is this true? How about beer quality? Bread? Etc..

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by humilitypays(m): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2017
Ugosample:

Your last statement shows that you said all this based on bad belle.
though U.K. is now de industrialised, the multinationals they own that operate across the world, the big tourism sector, their big banks the premier league as someone said, and even their schools that accept thousands upon thousands of international students among other things all sustain them.

The U.K. is now a service based economy
UK is not good for migrants. You will end up eating from hand to mouth. Only few Nigerian migrants in UK end up very comfortable and rich and they are top professionals.

I wouldn't advice any Nigerian youth to consider going to UK to live because they won't achieve what they dreamed of at the end.

On the other hand, USA is a wonderful nation every human should endeavor to visit. Its a country filled with viable opportunities no matter your profession or field.

There is no sentiment here...its the obvious truth. UK is living on past glory and in decades to come they will lose that overhyped glory

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Ugosample(m): 11:36am On Dec 25, 2017
humilitypays:
UK is not good for migrants. You will end up eating from hand to mouth. Only few Nigerian migrants in UK end up very comfortable and rich and they are top professionals.

I wouldn't advice any Nigerian youth to consider going to UK to live because they won't achieve what they dreamed of at the end.

On the other hand, USA is a wonderful nation every human should endeavor to visit. Its a country filled with viable opportunities no matter your profession or field.

There is no sentiment here...its the obvious truth. UK is living on past glory and in decades to come they will lose that overhyped glory

I agree tho that the U.K. should be amongst the last places one should look at in the developed world to migrate to.

But I dodmt agree with your premise on their economy 100 %

The USA is obviously better, so you are right

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:

SO funny, some people mistaken being a doctor for being maybe a footballer or some big time job.
Except you're a COnsultant with private practice, those are the doctors in my opinion swimming in money or Consultants in the USA. However, we coming from Nigeria. Even saving 1,000 pounds every month, coming from earning 400pounds per month salary in Nigeria is a big achievement! Infact, my village wants to send me the most beautiful girl to marry after they conduct a pageant this xmas.

I have achieved so much to them, but here am just a black doctor who everybody is second-guessing if i'm competent enough. Anyway, let them keep second-guessing, as long as i'm getting paid

Where are you from?
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 25, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Please dont place her in the washing machine.
No she likes it hot, she doesn't fancy washing machine!
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 25, 2017
humilitypays:

I'll remember your advice in 5 plus years time after I get my UK citizenship grin

According to a recent ranking of top 25 countries to live in the world https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/slideshows/the-25-best-countries-in-the-world

UK is number 3
US is number 7

These rankings are sometimes pointless though from my perspective, because countries like Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Germany usually rank higher than the US & UK, but I'd probably be jobless if I moved to any of these places or at best be doing menial jobs and be an illegal immigrant.

According to me, the best country to live in is your own country, in our case, Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by imconfused(f): 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ukmigrant,
100 likes so you need to live up to your word and show the payslips.
Or say you decided to go back on your word by choosing not to show it again.. smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by suxes2005(m): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
UKmigrant:
If I get a 100 likes, I'll share my last two payslips so people like pidgin2 can be inspired grin

104 likes.

Don't forget to post the pay cheque asap ��

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2017

8 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Daeylar(f): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2017
UKmigrant:
Come on, I'm not really gonna share my payslip grin Let me ask Cindarella first though, if she's ok with it, then I might.

Oh! she's still busy in the oven tanning her hot body grin
Payslip! cheesy
I don't want to miss this grin
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by suxes2005(m): 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
UKmigrant:
Come on, I'm not really gonna share my payslip grin Let me ask Cindarella first though, if she's ok with it, then I might.

Lol you don scam us ! Chei �

My regards to her. Tell her if she needs a more caring guy, she can talk to me.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Where are you from?
Nigeria
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
UKmigrant:
I'll remember your advice in 5 plus years time after I get my UK citizenship grin

According to a recent ranking of top 25 countries to live in the world https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/slideshows/the-25-best-countries-in-the-world

UK is number 3
US is number 7

These rankings are sometimes pointless though from my perspective, because countries like Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Germany usually rank higher than the US & UK, but I'd probably be jobless if I moved to any of these places or at best be doing menial jobs and be an illegal immigrant.

According to me, the best country to live in is your own country, in our case, Nigeria.

Those countries are very rich. Although, you might not be able to get a job easily. Germany for instance is definitely an enviable and very beautiful country
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
UKmigrant:
Lets move on abeg grin

Details later!

Cinderella meet Angelina............ Your cousin popularly referred to as a Turkey.........

6 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
UKmigrant:
If I get a 100 likes, I'll share my last two payslips so people like pidgin2 can be inspired grin

108likes undecided
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:
Nigeria

Which part?
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Inkredible(m): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
UKmigrant:

You want us to protest here?

Uncle show us the payslip o..

8 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Which part?

yoloba aka afonja
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
Inkredible:

You want us to protest here?

Uncle show us the payslip o..

The payslip is shy

6 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by damoceile: 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
There is a very bad trend in this country that Nigerians have taken up, I call it the "single motherhood menace"

A significant number of Nigerian ladies I have seen here are single mothers, some of them have two kids for two different men.

One was even flirting with me the other day! she told her friend that she should hook her up with me, she should tell me that she is a citizen grin I wonder who tell her say I need paper shocked I don run from their gathering since then.

And even if I need, I no see young, fresh mulatos eh! Na after 2!

Bros how you fit help me get her number biko.... Or better still her mail bag abeg
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ha..mak pidgin2 and timesup234 and/or their surrogates catch u.
™author=damoceile post=63600282]

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by timesup234: 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
elfmann:
Do people still travel to the UK? You mean to tell me UK embassy still get applicants from Nigeria? I long forgot such place exist

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Beautyaddy: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
elfmann:

I see you just like trouble.

Why don't you just let "sleeping dogs lie" undecided
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Beautyaddy: 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ugosample:

I agree tho that the U.K. should be amongst the last places one should look at in the developed world to migrate to.

But I dodmt agree with your premise on their economy 100 %

The USA is obviously better, so you are right

I still don't understand the comparison of both countries.

The US in size and economy is far far bigger than the UK. It should be obvious that most opportunities in the UK will be geared to first favoring its citizens than any foreign immigrants.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientists to know that.

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by damoceile: 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
elfmann:

Trouble sleep yanga wan go wake am, I no dey oo.....

Nah wetin I need as Christmas gift from UKmigrant I dey ask from am... I hope he does a Santa for me...
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Ridwan1821: 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
Wow. This thread is inspiring, Kudos to @UKmigrant. I've learnt a lot so far. I wish you success in your endeavors over there.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Hardeybohwarley(m): 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ridwan1821:
Wow. This thread is inspiring, Kudos to @UKmigrant. I've learnt a lot so far. I wish you success in your endeavors over there.
How did you get to know this thread. Welcome
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Beautyaddy:

I see you just like trouble.

Why don't you just let "sleeping dogs lie" undecided
I never take all these to heart.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
timesup234:
Do people still travel to the UK? You mean to tell me UK embassy still get applicants from Nigeria? I long forgot such place exist
Kikikikiki
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 25, 2017
postemail:

Hi. You forgot to mention the cost of a whole chicken in the UK compared to the 1700 naira we pay for a whole(fresh) chicken in Lagos.

It will be nice if you could take the time to compare food prices in your part of UK and Nigeria; and also the quality. Some say 9ja coca cola is watery compared to the same coca cola in UK. Is this true? How about beer quality? Bread? Etc..

Uncle you can lie oooo 1700 can get you a bony old layer this Christmas. My mum bought two Christmas parents stock chickens both 11k

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (72) (Reply)

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.