Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria (32182 Views)

Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier / The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Vicben(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
7ran53nd:
TBH, the first time I heard they do that, I thought the person was adding sugar and maggi to the story until my brother who served in Nasarawa told the same story and another from around that Makurdi confirmed it. Mehn the thing tire me... They said you can never feel comfortable eating in restaurants once you experience it. So I guess its the consequence of having many wives and having so many children they dont even care how the kids survive or grow... SAD
Those are Hausa/Fulani Almajrirs in the far northern states and not in makurdi. you don't get to see such in there. most of your lines are lies

9 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by BafanaBafana: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
grandstar:

So the backbiting is even worse at home?
I don't know what you mean by backbiting. But there is distrust and hatred between them.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by spyg1(m): 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
7ran53nd:
TBH, the first time I heard they do that, I thought the person was adding sugar and maggi to the story until my brother who served in Nasarawa told the same story and another from around that Makurdi confirmed it. Mehn the thing tire me... They said you can never feel comfortable eating in restaurants once you experience it. So I guess its the consequence of having many wives and having so many children they dont even care how the kids survive or grow... SAD
Not in Makurdi Sir. Nobody will allow that in his or her hotel

5 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by JohnsonEmma(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
Point of correction, it is Makurdi and not markurdi. Op take note.

3 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by aristocratic(m): 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
It is well..
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by guiddoti: 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
Sleekydee:
rogue herdsmen nko

ibkayee:

Hmmm

embarassed
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by ibkayee(f): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by hundu: 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
chatinent:

I forgot this part: timidity.
That can't happen in makurdi maybe far north.

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by jospepper(m): 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
potent5:
Another thing you notice is that when you are in a restaurant ordering or eating food, you find guys milling around. Once you touch your 'washing water' as Igbos do midway into your eating, that's the end to your eating o. Those guys go just rush your food because as far as they are concerned, you don eat finish. Lol. Advice: don't touch your washing hand water until you have actually finished eating.
Bros you are talking of the far north. That's where you have the almajiri.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by cheren: 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
chatinent:

I forgot this part: timidity.
That's mischief there is no place in Benue as a whole that you meet such.

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by kulekaa(m): 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2017
Josh44s:
Op Makurdi peaceful? I laugh in Swahili.

Let me help you reconstruct your list by adding up some few things you omitted out of fear.

1. Haven for cultism.

2. Headquarters of HIV.

3. Somebody is _fucking skin to skin somewhere in Makurdi every 5 minutes.

4. Makurdi is the only place you find serial killers in Nigeria.

5.......Let me stop here cause that town is worst than a _shit hole.
thunder fire � u there

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by IAmSkinny: 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
You forget to mention the sea of Okada you will come across. Na Okada the average Makurdi youth the do oo

2 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Sleekydee(m): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
guiddoti:
embarassed
greetings from Olympus
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
potent5:
Another thing you notice is that when you are in a restaurant ordering or eating food, you find guys milling around. Once you touch your 'washing water' as Igbos do midway into your eating, that's the end to your eating o. Those guys go just rush your food because as far as they are concerned, you don eat finish. Lol. Advice: don't touch your washing hand water until you have actually finished eating.
that's a pure lie. I stayed in makurdi for a whole year and can confidently tell u, makurdi people don't mill around restaurants. And don't take half-eaten food. U may be talking of far north bit not makurdi

7 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by maafen: 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
potent5:
Mr. Linus which part of Makurdi were/ are you?

4 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by jospepper(m): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
potent5:
What about the scorching and disorienting sun.
shows you ve not been to most parts of the north like Kebbi, Sakkwato etc. Makurdi sun dey learn work.

5 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by centoke30(m): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
Corpers should tell u about that place nah... make we know whether we go put head there... grin
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by cheren: 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
spyg1:
Where is makurdi located?
You have not been to Makurdi not even your family member that is why you say so. Food is not a problem here.and who will allow his children to do that? and who will allow that in his restaurant?
Don't mind fools that mistake Benue to a core northern state .95 percent of our population can't even speak core northern languages like hausa ,u can redicule us in other ways but food .

6 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by daniwise(m): 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
Their babes are very good in something.They never get tired of the thing.OP did u deliberately skip the thing cheesy lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
Vicben:

Those are Hausa/Fulani Almajrirs in the far northern states and not in makurdi. you don't get to see such in there. most of your lines are lies
don't mind d ok, I stayed in makurdi for a whole year. Know d town inside out. Most of what d guy wrote is gibberish

6 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by IAmSkinny: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
potent5:

Ignorance. Food no be problem for Benue state. Please stop posting trash.

5 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Jonwesley(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
OP and all the collaborators are speaking falsehood here. You are fake, and you are on weed. The Almighty God will judge you for speaking ill of a peaceful, serene town. May you be stricken dumb if you dare quote me.

5 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by aylipple: 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
chatinent:
Markurdi is a place to be. It is the capital of Benue state in Nigeria. It is said to be The Food basket of the Nation.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-iPod9XK9oMw/UESbInC4erI/AAAAAAAACsA/EmkndQ0Hb0A/s1600/farmnet.jpg[/img]
While coming, you will experience these things:
1. [s]You will notice they still use mud huts. It's cultural. Their mud houses are round shaped and a bit dwarfy to normal house sizes.[/s]
2. [s]They sell only roast yam along. You will find people selling roast yam along, they'd be pursuing you to buy it like tomorrow were history.[/s]
3. Garri market. I wonder if this is where they supply garri from to the world. They are good in garri production. You'd notice they sell it much.
4. A police check-point with a military personnel. If you are studious, you will notice almost all police check-points have a military personnel accompanied with them. Maybe, to curb disobedience. You know, the Nigerian police force are not respected here in Nigeria.

5. [s] It looks deserted. The environs look like what Moses trekked in the Bible, no wonder he had to take off his shoes.[/s]
When you are in Markurdi, you must experience these:.

6. Pigs are domesticated. Pigs are domestic animals over there, they go around like pets.
7. You use pigs to pay dowry. Reliable sources confirmed that in parts of Markurdi, pigs are used as part of paying a woman's dowry.
8. You must meet sb who speaks your language. Yes, it's true. Markurdi is in central Nigeria, therefore, almost all tribes may be found there.
9. Admiration. Seriously, they admire new comers easily! Little wonder I made many friends!
10. Seems peaceful. The place is serene. Well, let's say the place I stayed.
11. Phantom Thieves. We were cautioned that they have spirit thieves who would deal your valueable; I mean, Mr Nobodies. Well, theft is everywhere.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=46&t=449&st=0#entry892

Thankfully, some of the points OP listed have been exposed for the lies they are. Which Makurdi did you visit that is "deserted?" or did the word just have a new meaning? What happened to selling of fruits, especially very cheap buckets of oranges along the roadside; yet you say ONLY (emphasis mine) roasted yam? Perhaps you'd do well to inform which part of Makurdi you visited precisely instead of generalizing your assumptions.

8 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
How did this lie make the homepage?
seun and his silly mods must be high on cheap kunu

5 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by maafen: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
chatinent:
Markurdi is a place to be. It is the capital of Benue state in Nigeria. It is said to be The Food basket of the Nation.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-iPod9XK9oMw/UESbInC4erI/AAAAAAAACsA/EmkndQ0Hb0A/s1600/farmnet.jpg[/img]
While coming, you will experience these things:
1. You will notice they still use mud huts. It's cultural. Their mud houses are round shaped and a bit dwarfy to normal house sizes.
2. They sell only roast yam along. You will find people selling roast yam along, they'd be pursuing you to buy it like tomorrow were history.
3. Garri market. I wonder if this is where they supply garri from to the world. They are good in garri production. You'd notice they sell it much.
4. A police check-point with a military personnel. If you are studious, you will notice almost all police check-points have a military personnel accompanied with them. Maybe, to curb disobedience. You know, the Nigerian police force are not respected here in Nigeria.
5. It looks deserted. The environs look like what Moses trekked in the Bible, no wonder he had to take off his shoes.
When you are in Markurdi, you must experience these:.

6. Pigs are domesticated. Pigs are domestic animals over there, they go around like pets.
7. You use pigs to pay dowry. Reliable sources confirmed that in parts of Markurdi, pigs are used as part of paying a woman's dowry.
8. You must meet sb who speaks your language. Yes, it's true. Markurdi is in central Nigeria, therefore, almost all tribes may be found there.
9. Admiration. Seriously, they admire new comers easily! Little wonder I made many friends!
10. Seems peaceful. The place is serene. Well, let's say the place I stayed.
11. Phantom Thieves. We were cautioned that they have spirit thieves who would deal your valueable; I mean, Mr Nobodies. Well, theft is everywhere.
Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=46&t=449&st=0#entry892
OP I doubt if you 've actually been to Makurdi. How did you miss the abundance of fruits : different varieties of Mangoes, the sweetest oranges in Nigeria, beautiful burnt brick houses, beautiful view of R. Benue from the bridge etc.
you are right about the thatch houses though.
My brain was reset one day when I asked for Pounded Yam in a restaurant in the East they were like "What is this one talking about?" one of them even asked me rhetorically how they will make profit if the use expensive yam to make Poundo. I then released that I'm no longer in my beloved makurdi for real. Pounded Yam is common in all resturants in Makurdi all year round with as low as N100.00 you will get a plate of Poundo in my beloved Makurdi

10 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 7:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
potent5:

what you just typed here only defined where you have been eating, I served in benue and I seriously don't think food is their problem, an average Benue man is a farmer........ they may have other challenges but certainly not food

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by ojinuocheibi(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
laurel03:
dr cheap girl nko....dey like kokomycin but hiv for dt place no be joke..
na you get HIV
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by maafen: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2017
Josh44s:
Op Makurdi peaceful? I laugh in Swahili.

Let me help you reconstruct your list by adding up some few things you omitted out of fear.

1. Haven for cultism.

2. Headquarters of HIV.

3. Somebody is _fucking skin to skin somewhere in Makurdi every 5 minutes.

4. Makurdi is the only place you find serial killers in Nigeria.

5.......Let me stop here cause that town is worst than a _shit hole.
whenever a PRODUCT OF FAKE CONDOM speaks you will know by the the nonsense they spew

3 Likes

Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by laurel03(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
ojinuocheibi:
na you get HIV
ur family na dem gt hiv. i sure say u self go don gt Aids.
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by tballeyy(m): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
Odianose13:
All states still have mud houses. So what's significant about that? Only 7 seems significant of all you mentioned.

+ markurdi seems to be closer to the sun than it ought to be. So hot!!!!!
na mars?
Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by seniorkachion(m): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
1. The heat is ever present. You need to keep a tin of dustin powder to deal with prickly heat.
2. The mud huts is caused by poverty. If they had the means, they would all prefer mansions to mud huts
3. The garri is poor quality. When you soak it in hot or cold water it doesn't rise. It also doesn't glue together as quality garri should when prepared as eba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Second Niger Bridge Opens December 15 — FG / Passenger Collapses At Abuja Airport (Video) / The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.