Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

How Okorocha Got The Name, Rochas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Okorocha Got The Name, Rochas (616 Views)

Nathaniel Samuel: How I Got The Bomb I Took To Winners Chapel Church In Kaduna / How Okorocha’s 2023 Presidential Ambition Cost APC Imo Guber Seat / How Okorocha, Amosun Lost Buhari’s Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Okorocha Got The Name, Rochas by ujoatu(m): 8:46am On Oct 09, 2017
#RochasRevealed
How Ethelbert Anayochukwu Okorocha got the name "Rochas"
He got the name Rochas from one of his teacher's, an Indian by name Mr Jacobs. It so happened that Mr Jacobs was finding it difficult to pronounce 'Okorocha' very well, so he shortened it and added the word "s" to the last five letters hence Rochas, by which he is well known today -
Gerald Okorocha (elder brother)
From the book, Rochas Revealed By Wale Okediran
Ik Ogbonna.

Re: How Okorocha Got The Name, Rochas by ujoatu(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2017
Rochas
Re: How Okorocha Got The Name, Rochas by jerryunit48: 8:53am On Oct 09, 2017
Now we know
Re: How Okorocha Got The Name, Rochas by obailala(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2017
How did he get the name 'Okoroawusa'?

1 Like

Re: How Okorocha Got The Name, Rochas by millik(f): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2017
Rocha also means rock in Brazil.
Re: How Okorocha Got The Name, Rochas by millhouse: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2017
Interesting. And the name stuck since then

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari approves payment of pension to former Biafra police / GEJ : Retire Quietly Or I Expose You / Traditional Rulers Condemn Show Of Force By Nwoye’s Campaign Flag-off That Left

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.