Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US (980 Views)

The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo / Melodious Jamboree In Etsako Central LGA As Comr John Osi Akhigbe Host APC Faith / Army's Official Statement About The Abia NUJ & Soldiers Fracas In Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US by ariesbull: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2017
I think the whole Made in Aba fashion show in the US was not well thought out. No matter the amount of money you put in to promote Made in Aba clothes in the US, the demand for them is unlikely to increase significantly.

First, who are we marketing to? Nigerians, Africans or Americans? Which season’s wears are we promoting: summer, fall (autumn), winter or spring? What type of attire are being promoted-Western or native attire? From what I have seen,they are not promoting Western attire. Of course, we can’t compete there so it makes sense to promote our native attire.

But our attire are generally worn during summer. Nobody living in a temperate region is likely to order a large number of our native attire only to wait for summer to wear them. What you get, however, is that most people will ‘excavate’ their old native dresses during summer to wear. And they are mainly worn on Sundays to church or African events.

What I think Abia State government should do is to aggressively market Made in Aba clothes in African countries. That is a big market we need to aggressively explore. And in this market we can sell Made in Aba Western and traditional attire, shoes, bags, etc. Each time I visit any African country and see the shirts, suits, jackets and trousers they wear I see a huge market for Aba. Our shoes, bags, caps and hats will also sell here. No doubt, some consignments do move to these places from Aba, but there has yet to be a deliberate and conscious effort to formalize the business. Unfortunately, China appears to have taken over this market. But we can still have a good share of it.

I believe that a Made in Aba fashion show in East and Central Africa is more likely to benefit the Aba fashion industry than any of such in the US or Europe. What the Abia ‘Made in Aba ‘cabal’ should do is to permeate African countries to open up more business opportunities for the players in the Aba fashion industry. Striking a deal with the Ministries of Education in some African countries to supply affordable school uniforms will no doubt benefit Aba more than any jamboree in US or Europe.

LINK AND PICTURES https://etimes.com.ng/aba-made/

Re: The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US by CovertWIN(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2017
Way to go peeps, export local content
Re: The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 09, 2017
Igbo amaka grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US by PointZerom: 11:50am On Oct 09, 2017
You are pained that the US rejected the poisoned yam your government exported to them but accepted made in ABA clothes.

5 Likes

Re: The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US by homosapien(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
PointZerom:
You are pained that the US rejected the poisoned yam your government exported to them but accepted made in ABA clothes.

Someone gave an opinion which I belief is logical, and all you can do is to post the above, am sorry for you bro.
Re: The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US by PointZerom: 2:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
homosapien:

Someone gave an opinion which I belief is logical, and all you can do is to post the above, am sorry for you bro.

You should be sorry for yourself b'cos it seems you don't know anything about marketing.

Financial times Africa Summit is going on in London with Osibanjo adrresing them..... why didn't they organize it in Sudan?

Why are African leaders granting interview to CNN instead of radio Zimbabwe?.

You don't know that as they Showcased these Made in ABA cloths in USA, it'll be generally accepted. Pls if you don't know anything about business and marketing keep mute.

A business man that markets his shoes in Lagos Island and the one that marketed his own in his village cannot have the same patronage etc.

3 Likes

Re: The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US by afonjaheadhunt: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
Olodo Op with his Olodo blog, I page view per annum grin

Aba, Nnewi, Onitsha, the best Africa ever exported to the world.
Re: The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US by kettykin: 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
Dead and evil Advice from dead and evil brains, Kudos to the Made in Aba Fair Organisers , more of these should take place annually in all the major fashion capitals of the world like New york , paris , London, Los Angeles , Munich and every other places where considerable number of igbos are found.

Those who thought they could bury igbos with their 97% , 5% policy will die in eternal shame and infamy, abandoned property policy failed , 20 pound policy failed , scorched earth policies failed, 97%/5% policy is faling woefully , operation python dance , Fulani herdsmen policy is failing and backfiring full blast has failed and backfired woefully .
Re: The Abia ‘made In Aba’ Jamboree In The US by Ojiofor: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
They should not forget to build access roads to Aba I think it should be major part of the marketing.

(1) (Reply)

#flashback: The Untold Story Of Nigeria's Civil War - BIAFRA / Now The North Has Dumped SW Pt. 2: To Hell With SGF Position For Igbo / Is This Fake Smile Or What? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.