Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo (5981 Views)

Igwe Anugwu Bestows Seyi Tinubu With Nwanedinamba Of Igbo Land-photo / Jaja Wachuku, The Nigerian Statesman Who Saved Nelson Mandela From Dead Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 2:49pm On May 09, 2020

There, in one of his lectures, Wachuku provoked national controversy when he declared Lagos a "no-man's land" – meaning that it was an all-Nigerian city – wherein all Nigerians were entitled to equal rights. Among other responsibilities, Jaja Wachuku was Principal Secretary of the Igbo State Union from 1948 to 1952.

Did you know that during the 1963 Inaugural Conference of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) in Addis Ababa, Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia (1892-1975), literally dropped to his knees and begged Nigeria's Prime Minister The Honourable Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (1912-1966) to plead with his Foreign Minister, first indigenous Speaker of the Nigerian House of Representatives, former Minister of Aviation and Ugo Ngwa [Eagle and Pride of the Ngwa people], Jaja Anucha Wachuku (1918-1996), to accede to the request of Nicolas Grunitzky (1913-1969), Togolese military President from 1963 to 1967, who overthrew and assassinated

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/117885/everydog-has-his-day.html

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Franzinni: 2:52pm On May 09, 2020
I knew he will look like AMU-EBA..

If you dear mention me ehn ....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 2:52pm On May 09, 2020
Let’s learn

2 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Davash222(m): 2:53pm On May 09, 2020
The truth still remains, Lagos is no man's Land.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 09, 2020
Nice one Sarrki, I'm not a fan but I must commend you. You've been creating nice threads lately.

6 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:55pm On May 09, 2020
U no finish the story na
Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 09, 2020
[s]
sarrki:
This is who late Nnamdi Kanu (Rip) took over from

[/s]Don't make me regret commending you.

9 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 2:59pm On May 09, 2020
wizzyrich:
[s][/s]Don't make me regret commending you.

I withdrew my statement

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Dedetwo(m): 2:59pm On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

There, in one of his lectures, Wachuku provoked national controversy when he declared Lagos a "no-man's land" – meaning that it was an all-Nigerian city – wherein all Nigerians were entitled to equal rights. Among other responsibilities, Jaja Wachuku was Principal Secretary of the Igbo State Union from 1948 to 1952.

Did you know that during the 1963 Inaugural Conference of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) in Addis Ababa, Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia (1892-1975), literally dropped to his knees and begged Nigeria's Prime Minister The Honourable Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (1912-1966) to plead with his Foreign Minister, first indigenous Speaker of the Nigerian House of Representatives, former Minister of Aviation and Ugo Ngwa [Eagle and Pride of the Ngwa people], Jaja Anucha Wachuku (1918-1996), to accede to the request of Nicolas Grunitzky (1913-1969), Togolese military President from 1963 to 1967, who overthrew and assassinated

It is very unfortunate you knew very little about the history of Lagos. Sometimes I become very flabbergasted as certain loudmouths talk about Lagos as Yari.ba forgetting there was a time Yari.ba was not mentioned in the same sentence with Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by iaamxavier(m): 3:01pm On May 09, 2020
Only an Igbo man says what every other person is scared of saying

Call it chest beating
I call it balls

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by MrFourSHIRTS: 3:05pm On May 09, 2020
iaamxavier:
[s] Only an Igbo says what every other person is scared of say[/s]

Call it chest beating
I call it balls

I call it land grabbing angry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Man90(m): 3:08pm On May 09, 2020
Obu Onye Obodo.

Umu Igbo ndewonu!!! grin

8 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Captainrambo2: 3:11pm On May 09, 2020
Haile selaise kneeling for who ? Yiu dey craze.

That's Elizabeth and her husband . Oya show me the Nigerian alive or dead she bowed to.

You Kids just come online and talk rubbush

8 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 3:14pm On May 09, 2020
AkpaMgbor:
I didn't know abians bear the names Wachukwu and Jaja...and I've lived over 30 years in that state....the length you e-urchins will go to..does it give you people orgasm? It probably does..today jaja is abian tomorrow he is a Niger deltan...fvcking clowns!

Who knows you even in your compound

You don’t know or ever heard of it does not mean it doesn’t exist

It shows level of ignorance in you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 3:16pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:

Lol

Go take it

Go bring your old man to become a king nah

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by oluwadabira111(m): 3:18pm On May 09, 2020
profolaolu:
It is always osu, okoros and nyamiri, they don't always know their limit, that was why mere Arewa youth threatened them to leave their land then with ultimatum and their Igbo elders were begging like thieves caught stealing yam. They will not bridle their mouth and enjoy the opportunity are getting.
Story story oh

3 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Davash222(m): 3:19pm On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

Lol

Go take it

Go bring your old man to become a king nah
There's already Eze Ndi-Igbo in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by sarrki(m): 3:21pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:

Another deep ignorance

So know sarkin hausawa in Lagos?

Know sarkin Hausa in onitsha?

Know oba Yoruba in kano?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Davash222(m): 3:25pm On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

Another deep ignorance

So know sarkin hausawa in Lagos?

Know sarkin Hausa in onitsha?

Know oba Yoruba in kano?
Your ignorance is top notch that you used 'Know' thrice.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Sunshineg5(m): 3:27pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:
Shebi all the traditional rulers in Lagos have igbo names and wear Hausa attires.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Sunshineg5(m): 3:29pm On May 09, 2020
Davash222:

Abi with his own kingdom

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Omoodua007: 3:29pm On May 09, 2020
Loooool
Only Igbo believes Lagos is no mans land
South south is non existent it’s belong to Igbo land
They also believe they are the richest tribe in Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Omoodua007: 3:29pm On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

See the ugly coward

1 Like

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Sunshineg5(m): 3:31pm On May 09, 2020
Dedetwo:

It is very unfortunate you knew very little about the history of Lagos. Sometimes I become very flabbergasted as certain loudmouths talk about Lagos as Yari.ba forgetting there was time Yari.ba was not mentioned in the same sentence with Lagos.
What is the history of Lagos Igbo boy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo by Smoke55: 3:43pm On May 09, 2020
The Truth Remains That Lagos Is No Mans Land,60 To 70% Of People And Buildings In Lagos Are Own By Housas,igbos,Ss,middle Beltans And Foriegners..So How Possibly Can Afonjaz Claim They Own Lagos?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Boy Commits Suicide Over Peter Obi’s Lost / Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives / 338km East-west Road Fast Nearing Completion- Leadership Newspapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.