Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,645 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him (56637 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Dedetwo:

I guess Gowon knew Victor Banjo more than Ojukwu did. Gowon flatly rejected Victor Banjo pleas.
Why won't he reject a traitor? A man who was part of the first coup that led to the death of top politicians in the first Republic. Banjo hands isn't clean, have read several accounts on Nigerian civil war. The only people I pity were the innocent civilians killed and young soldiers killed on both sides.

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by cristianisraeli: 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
kimbraa:
Ojukwu wasn't a coward. He intended to fight the war to the end but failed to calculate his stakes which where high. For a secessionist Biafra to have succeeded, they needed foreign allies who were ready to supply them arms and ammunition at any beck and call which Gowon cut off on most sides but Nigeria had the advantage 'cause it already had allies. Britain for example. Who wins a war without arms?. It wasn't wrestling.

Would you have rather let him lo0se and give Gowon the joy of having his head on a spike for felony and other charges?. I guess "No" so he let the agitation die and deprive Gowon the joy of having him executed.

first time way i actually read something from a lady on nairaland and i got chills..kisses for you..no worry na just peck on the side na so we they greet here in macau..lol

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by konoplyanka: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
Deo1986:
The reasons why the key actors in the civil war has refuse to speak on the banjo issue is because banjo has already been blacklisted by the Nigerian side long before the outbreak of the war and instead of sticking to the biafra side like philip effiong, he tried to prove his loyalty to the federal side by passing information to them. Which was his undoing. His children should get over it and come to terms with the fact that their father was a traitor.

What about ifeajuna and others?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Tomoarika(m): 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2017
To me Col Banjo remains the most misunderstood character of that period.

He wasn't a participant of the Jan 66 coup although he could have supported the reasons behind it as he was considered by the young majors (from Wale Ademoyega's account) yet he was punished for it.
Was he ever tried and found guilty as part of the Jan 66 group? No

Now when he was released by his friend Ojukwu, did he really have a choice as to whether to fight for Biafra or not?

What were his real reasons for halting at Ore?

Remember the Midwest region had been declared a neutral territory prior to the Midwest invasion whereby the then Mil Gov Ejoor refused the FG from keeping troops in the Midwest.
With the Federal troops bearing down on the capital Enugu, the attempt to take Lagos could have brought relief to Biafra but this failed leading the FG to declare a full out war against the rebels (as they were called)

Wale Ademoyega claimed in his book that the four; Banjo, Ifeajuna, Alale and Agbam were executed on the charge "Intention to Overthrow" rather than an actual attempt at it which shouldn't have been enough for the sentence.

Banjo could be a scapegoat, a traitor, a victim of circumstances depending on who you ask. Truth is, we may never know which. It's a pity dead men tell no tales.

That period was just a crazy one. May we not experience another like it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Deo1986(m): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
konoplyanka:

What about ifeajuna and others?
Ifeajuna tiil his dieing day lived a life of regret:that the coup did not work as planned. His alliance with Ojukwu was halfhearted. Ojukwu knew this he also knew that men like Ifeajuna, nzeogwu, banjo and others were intellectuals like himself and probably more daring and rugged than him. Since two captains cannot pilot a ship, he sought for a way to do away with those chap

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Throwback: 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
akosanwafo:

No wonder. She needs to brush up on her History. It's clear that she is completely clueless about her father's role in the January 1966 Coup.
Let her study a bit of history and her father's ignoble role, and why no one in the west mourned him, and gave him a pariah status

Then she will not come out to spew this kind of rubbish and make a big fool of herself here. Her father was cunning and ambitious and betrayed his own people and was instrumental to the deaths of other Yoruba military officers in 1966.
You can't whitewash history.

Her father played no role at all in any coup.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Guestlander: 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
Deo1986:
Ifeajuna tiil his dieing day lived a life of regret:that the coup did not work as planned. His alliance with Ojukwu was halfhearted. Ojukwu knew this he also knew that men like Ifeajuna, nzeogwu, banjo and others were intellectuals like himself and probably more daring and rugged than him. Since two captains cannot pilot a ship, he sought for a way to do away with those chap

Now you are talking. All the crap about betrayal was just a smokescreen.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Coolgent(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
ichidodo:
Your Dad was a fuccking traitor.... Go figure.
Just like Ojukwu who is resting in hell right now!

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by chicoMX(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
Your father was a traitor! He and Ifeajuna negotiated with the NA.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by God2man(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
History of Nigerian military coup.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by ransomed: 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ojukwu Killed Banjo and Babangida killed Vatsa. Beware of friend whom you trust but ready to kill you to cover their evil tracks.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by chicoMX(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
Your father was a traitor! He and Ifeajuna negotiated with the NA.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Deo1986(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
Guestlander:

Now you are talking. All the crap about betrayal was just a smokescreen.
Au contrarie, when one is not fully commited to a cause he is prone sidestepped, those guys prefered a unitrd Nigeria. But they were caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2017
I feel so bad for these kids. Growing up without a father.
Also happened to many Biafra kids. Almost happened to me!
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by ransomed: 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
chicoMX:
Your father was a traitor!
He and Ifeajuna negotiated with the NA.
:::--- The real traitor is the man who led millions of innocent souls to untimely death, ran away to Ivory Coast, came back to wine and dine with his adversaries, received Salaries and benefits from the FG he fought against while families of dead biafran soldiers never received a dime. Kanu is also towing the same path of infamy..

8 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Alao96(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
The truth lies in d mind of Victor banjo... but as we can all see he is dead.... xo madam Na your own story u dy talk
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by akigbemaru: 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
cristianisraeli:
Fifty years ago, the late Lt. Col Victor Banjo, the 16th Nigerian to be commissioned into the Nigerian Army, was publicly executed reportedly on the orders of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, who was then the Military Head of the secessionist Biafra Republic. He was an Ijebu from Ogun State but died fighting on the Biafran side during the Nigerian civil war.
Banjo was before his death, in detention on allegations that he took part in the January 1966 coup, was released by Ojukwu when the war broke out and convinced to lead part of the Liberation Army, which went on the offensive against the Nigerian Army and got as far as Benin, in present day Edo State. Banjo was to declare another republic upon having Benin under his control.
In this interview with Dare Odufowokan, Assistant Editor, his daughter, Mrs. Olayinka Omigbodun, a Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Ibadan, recalls how Banjo’s young family was thrown into disarray upon his arrest and detention. She also lamented what she described as the unjust treatment meted out to her father while explaining why she thinks Ojukwu killed his friend, her father.

How does it feel remembering the events that led to the reported execution of your father (Lt. Col. Victor Banjo)?

First and foremost, I must express gratitude to God for keeping us alive and well all these years. Despite the fact that we lost our father while still so young, God has kept us to see this day. We are four children, two boys, two girls. I am the third. We’ve all been able to go through school and acquire degrees. All of us are alive and healthy.

I thank God for the kind of parents he gave me. Our father died 50 years ago and our mum 20 years ago. She was a widow for 30 years before she also went to be with the Lord. I am proud of them. It was 30 years of struggle and difficulty, but with our late mother determined to fulfil her promise to our dad, we made it.

Why do you think he did that to his friend?

He conveniently blamed Banjo and three other men. Lt. Col Ifeajuna, Alele and one other for sabotaging the Biafran efforts. He needed to tell the people who were losing faith in him something new as a reason for the defeats. His fear about the imminent fall of Enugu was also driving him to do something. So, on trumped up charges, my father and three other men were tried by a Kangaroo court and killed by firing squad in 1967.

The trial did not reveal any evidence linking Banjo with any act of treason against Ojukwu or the Biafran government. In fact, it took a second military tribunal to convict Banjo because the first tribunal stated that the evidence presented to it was insufficient to prove Banjo’s guilt in the case. Unsatisfied and not ready to let my father off the hook, Ojukwu constituted another tribunal speedily.

Apparently, it was a clear case of sacrificing someone as a scapegoat because while my father was looking forward to assisting Ojukwu further with the Biafran war in spite of the huge risk and sacrifice involved for him as a person, Ojukwu was looking for a way of implicating him for sabotage so as to retain the control of the region. Ojukwu betrayed my father by killing him.

And you don’t think his not agreeing in the secession was a reason he got into trouble with Ojukwu?

Well, they were friends and friends disagree. They probably must have disagreed on that before then because my father never hid his patriotism. But again, I was told that hours after the execution, Enugu fell. I am a Professor. Human beings are very fickle. We are wont to always look for excuses. For scapegoats; so, my father was simply the sacrifice.

He knew my father was up for one Nigeria. Even before drafting him into the war on his side, he knew my father was a patriot who wanted one united Nigeria. After the war we left Nigeria for Sierra Leone but my mother brought us back because my father, in his letters, had insisted we must be raised as Nigerians. So, his patriotism was never in doubt. Ojukwu merely executed him to cover up his own failures as a leader of the war.

But Gowon later became the Head of State. Why didn’t he release your dad?

After Gowon was installed as Head of State, my father made several overtures to him for his release. But Gen. Gowon refused to release him even though he knew he was not part of the coup. The only concession he gave was that Banjo could be transferred to a prison in Lagos if he so wished. My father rejected the offer.

Even when my father wrote Ironsi from prison in Ikot Ekpene, on June 1, 1966, he was wondering what on earth he did to warrant being imprisoned. He faulted the way he was being treated and asked for justice, fairness and loyalty from Ironsi as a loyal officer. He saw his detention as a grievous crime against him. He pleaded his innocence and asked to be released. There is really no basis for tagging him as a ‘coupist’. I sincerely think setting the records straight is one of the things Nigeria, and the likes of Gen. Gowon, owe us as his family and children.

It is very painful for us not knowing how he ended really. Not knowing where his remains are. Not even the exact date of his death. We only read in the book of a foreign journalist who had witnessed his execution of the date and circumstances. Beyond that, there is little or nothing to prove how he ended. This is very sad.

http://thenationonlineng.net/victor-banjos-daughter-ojukwu-betrayed-father-killing/

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Alexis11: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
Dedetwo:

At least, the enemy knows Ndigbo will put up a determined effort. The real fear of Nigeria and its creator, Britain, is not actually the country of Biafra but a militarized country of Biafra.

grin grin

cheesy. These people will never change grin

These are still the same set of people that will be crying for pity and calling international community for just a python dance...... grin

Clowns cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by WetinConsignMe: 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tomoarika:
To me Col Banjo remains the most misunderstood character of that period.

He wasn't a participant of the Jan 66 coup although he could have supported the reasons behind it as he was considered by the young majors (from Wale Ademoyega's account) yet he was punished for it.
Was he ever tried and found guilty as part of the Jan 66 group? No

Now when he was released by his friend Ojukwu, did he really have a choice as to whether to fight for Biafra or not?

What were his real reasons for halting at Ore?

Remember the Midwest region had been declared a neutral territory prior to the Midwest invasion whereby the then Mil Gov Ejoor refused the FG from keeping troops in the Midwest.
With the Federal troops bearing down on the capital Enugu, the attempt to take Lagos could have brought relief to Biafra but this failed leading the FG to declare a full out war against the rebels (as they were called)

Wale Ademoyega claimed in his book that the four; Banjo, Ifeajuna, Alale and Agbam were executed on the charge "Intention to Overthrow" rather than an actual attempt at it which shouldn't have been enough for the sentence.

Banjo could be a scapegoat, a traitor, a victim of circumstances depending on who you ask. Truth is, we may never know which. It's a pity dead men tell no tales.

That period was just a crazy one. May we not experience another like it.

Exactly. I tend to empathize with Banjo. I'm glad his kids turned out ok.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by oodualover: 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
[s]
ichidodo:
Your Dad was a fuccking traitor.... Go figure.
[/s]
Shameless IBO thing

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Fidelismaria: 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
for what is dead may never die
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by humilitypays(m): 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bolustical:
What do you expect from:

Someone who could sacrifice three million people for his ambition?

Someone who could leave Effiong in the cold to face the music alone only to come and get pardon and contest elections later?

I am very sure no Igbo man can replicate what Fajuyi, Banjo and others did to Yorubas or other Nigerians.
‎To be honest with you, I love Yorubas....I respect great Yoruba men like Fajuyi, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fayemi, Fela Kuti, etc....but from what I read from foreign war journalists about the Nigeria-Biafra civil war of 1967 - 1969, Col. Banjo sabotaged Ojukwu's effort in order to get favour from Gowon so that Gowon could pardon him and free him to return to Nigeria. So Banjo joined Biafra for some hidden agenda....he was on Biafran side to get info for Gowon to facilitate his pardon.

So he being part of the Biafran commanders leading the Biafra army to take over Lagos so that Nigeria could surrender and the war end fast since Ojukwu knew Biafra had little resources to sustain a long civil war with British-backed Nigeria side.

How did Banjo sabotage Biafra?

Biafran soldiers had already overran Nigerian soldiers up to Ore and were supposed to head to Sagamu and into Lagos....Banjo being the commander who didnt want Biafran soldiers to capture Lagos delayed the operation by days intentionally and sending signals to Gowon about Ojukwu's Biafra soldiers advance towards Lagos....

Remember, Gowon was already planning to relocate the Nigerian government headquarter to Kaduna but with this alleged tip off from Banjo, Nigerian soldiers regrouped from Kaduna, Kano, Jos, etc with British backup to mount full attack on Biafra soldiers at Ore who then pulled back to Benin....that operation was led by Obasanjo.

So Banjo miscalculated....remember in military, no friend, no brother when it comes to sabotage....its usually firing squad, sadly.

May his good soul continue to rest in peace. Its really sad still.‎

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by oodualover: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
omenka:
We just keep re- opening very old wounds.

Naija I hail o.
IBos are bad
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by adelaja70(m): 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
Alexis11:

grin grin

cheesy. These people will never change grin

These are still the same set of people that will be crying for pity and calling international community for just a python dance...... grin

Clowns cheesy
lmao!!!!!...

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by oodualover: 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
[s]
humilitypays:
‎To be honest with you, I love Yorubas....I respect great Yoruba men like Fajuyi, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fayemi, Fela Kuti, etc....but from what I read from foreign war journalists about the Nigeria-Biafra civil war of 1967 - 1969, Col. Banjo sabotaged Ojukwu's effort in order to get favour from Gowon so that Gowon could pardon him and free him.

So he being part of the Biafran commanders leading the Biafra army to take over Lagos so that Nigeria could surrender and the war end fast since Ojukwu knew Biafra had little resources to sustain a long civil war with British-backed Nigeria side.

Biafran soldiers had already overran Nigerian soldiers up to Ore and were supposed to head to Sagamu and into Lagos....Banjo being the commander who didnt want Biafran soldiers to capture Lagos delayed the operation by days intentionally and sending signals to Gowon about Ojukwu's Biafra soldiers advance towards Lagos....

Remember, Gowon was already planning to relocate the Nigerian government headquarter to Kaduna but with this alleged tip off from Banjo, Nigerian soldiers regrouped from Kaduna, Kano, Jos, etc with British backup to mount full attack on Biafra soldiers at Ore who then pulled back to Benin....that operation was led by Obasanjo.

So Banjo miscalculated....remember in military, no friend, no brother when it comes to sabotage....its usually firing squad, sadly.

[/s]
What were shameless IBO's looking for in the south west?

4 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by McTobe(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
olayinkaboss11:
Ojukwu shouldn't have killed Banjo, cuz a veteran like Banjo and Ifeajuna would have help him to save Enugu from falling to the Nigeria's Army
let's keep sentiments aside can you assign a tactical command like that Enugu front to Officers that u do not trust their loyalty if u are to be in Ojukwu's shoes? Ojukwu suspected betrayal from both Banjo and Ifeajuna, Are they culpable we dont know because we were not there. It is my thinking that Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu would have saved the Enugu front if he were to be alive then, at least Ojukwu trust him, but he doesnt want them so close to him too because even within the Biafra Military the Coupists were also feared and dreaded even by Ojukwu himself. All sentiments aside.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by adelaja70(m): 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
humilitypays:
‎To be honest with you, I love Yorubas....I respect great Yoruba men like Fajuyi, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fayemi, Fela Kuti, etc....but from what I read from foreign war journalists about the Nigeria-Biafra civil war of 1967 - 1969, Col. Banjo sabotaged Ojukwu's effort in order to get favour from Gowon so that Gowon could pardon him and free him to return to Nigeria. So Banjo joined Biafra for some hidden agenda....he was on Biafran side to get info for Gowon to facilitate his pardon.

I like too my brother but how would you feel if an Ibo man lead another tribe to take over or overrun Enugu? Una no know Roads to Kaduna, Kano, Plateau, Benue ni?

5 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

Ojukwu was a coward and a self centred person, if Ojukwu wasn't a coward he would have surrendered himself and won't leave his people in the hands of death. Ojukwu fled to Ivory Coast via Sao Tome and Principe. As for Banjo, was a traitor and a double agent. Every double agents in this life always die mysteriously. Banjo wasn't different from Ashraf Marwan a double agent that worked for both Egypt/Israel.

People should take side of anyone in Nigerian civil war, have read different account both side were fighting for power, money and influence.
Cowards don't go to war with their enemy. Ojukwu loved his people, and was fighting for their liberation from a country that doesn't give a fùck about the lives of its citizens but kept screaming the "One Nigeria" mantra when sectional killings was going on. When the Igbos were massacred in Lagos and northern Nigeria, what did the government do?.

Some of you still think Ojukwu was fighting for a personal course.

I read from a silly lady that the Igbos didn't loose properties so they should stop saying their properties where stolen. At that era, it was said that Igbos were the most educated in Nigeria and occupied most government parastatal in the country but after the war, the federal government stole their money and gave Igbos who had money in banks a flat sum of twenty pounds. Isn't that stealing? Some of their landed and housing properties where claimed by Hausas and Yorubas. Yet, someone will say they didn't loose anything.

The "No man's land" that Lagos State is called didn't start today. Igbos were the ones running that state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by humilitypays(m): 7:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
oodualover:
[s][/s]
What were shameless IBO's looking for in the south west?
Remember in those days, once u capture the capital city of the country or state u are fighting with, u have won the war because they will most likely surrender.

So Ojukwu's calculation was that since Biafra doesnt have enough resources to sustain a prolonged civil war with Nigeria backed by UK/US/Egypt, he wanted the fastest way to win the war so that Gowon will call for cease fire and‎ allow Biafra to go.....so they planned to take over Lagos through military strategy with less battle or assault; which Yorubas misunderstood as Igbos trying to take over Lagos....nope....Biafra never planned to take over Lagos...it was just a military calculation by Ojukwu to end the war fast not to take over and occupy Yoruba land.

Igbos have never seen Yorubas as a threat or problem....they only condemn Yorubas for always aligning with Hausa/Fulani to persecute other Soutthern Nigerian tribes‎
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by Adebowale89(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
one would only realized the nemesis of the failed actualization of Biafra. Nigeria govt sacrifice blood, so also Biafra govt led by ojukwu did

banjo get his reward because all Yorubas never go against one Nigeria, so he tend to fight against his people in the first place

if he's not against one Nigerian as her daughter painted, why did he joined Biafra army? what was his motive? to preach unity to biafrans thru militarian approaches?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by humilitypays(m): 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
Adebowale89:
one would only realized the nemesis of the failed actualization of Biafra. Nigeria govt sacrifice blood, so also Biafra govt led by ojukwu did

banjo get his reward because all Yorubas never go against one Nigeria, so he tend to fight against his people in the first place

if he's not against one Nigerian as her daughter painted, why did he joined Biafra army? what was his motive? to preach unity to biafrans thru militarian approaches?
Banjo was jailed by Nigerian government for allegedly involving in the 1966 coup....Gowon refused to release him after he took over....the civil war broke out, Ojukwu released both Awolowo (before the war) and Banjo.

Banjo knew his release is not by Nigerian government but by the new Biafra government where he was serving jail term....so for him to return to Nigeria, Gowon will jail him back....or even execute him....so he needed to use the war to his advantage, he stayed back and decided to fight for Biafra in a cunning way so that he can be getting firsthand military info which he sent back to Gowon so that Gowon could see him as a patriotic Nigerian and pardon him to return to Nigeria a free man with all his properties, military ranks, etc in tact.

But luck ran out of him....Ojujwu led Biafran gover‎nment got to know about his secret after the Biafran soldiers lost Ore and Benin!

Hope u get it now He was in between two deaths, thats how odd life can be to some people, sadly‎

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him by lawani: 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
It shows that col ojukwu believed he could have used his small liberation army to take over forcefully the midwest and west esp lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election / Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC / Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.