Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC (56641 Views)

Prominent Politicians Who Defected To APC After May 29 / 26 Rivers State House Of Assembly Members Who Defected To APC Have Lost / Court Sacks Idongesit Ituen Who Defected From PDP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by lalajnr(m): 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2020
Douye Diri, the flagbearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in November’s governorship election in Bayelsa state, has asked members of the party who left the party to the All Progressives Congress (APC), to return.

He stated this while speaking to reporters, in reaction to the Supreme Court’s ruling, which sacked David Lyon as the governor-elect.

Diri is now expected to be sworn in as the Governor of Bayelsa.

“The members of PDP, who out of one thing or the other got angry and left us to APC, I’m waving the olive branch, please, come back,” he said.

“We have to build Bayelsa state together. I’m also calling on my brothers in APC they are Bayelsans, we cannot continue to be in disunity.

“Being in APC does not remove you as my brother of Bayelsa state. Whether you are Nembe, Okpia, Sabama, or Southern Ijaw, that is the region that God has brought us together and so, I am extending my olive branch even to those of my brothers and sisters in APC,” he said.

Lyon won the elections by polling 352,552 votes, while Diri got 143,172.

However, the PDP and Diri had sought the disqualification of Lyon’s running mate, Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo, for allegedly falsifying his results.

A panel of judges led by Mary Odili on Thursday, voided the joint ticket of Lyon and Degi-Eremienyo and set aside their participation in the governorship election.

The apex court also ordered that INEC should issue a certificate of return to the candidate with the second-highest number of votes in the election.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/02/14/bayelsa-diri-sends-message-to-pdp-members-who-defected-to-apc/amp/

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Kwamecron(m): 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2020
Too early for that!!

We can still come back naa

The judiciary is the problem of this nation.

Jungle the justice pls

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 14, 2020
No violence pls

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by johnmartus(m): 1:47pm On Feb 14, 2020
No way leave that shit if you want peace to reign. Useless man who is your brother.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by daddytime(m): 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2020
Good luck to him and the entire Bayelsans.

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by 175(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2020
johnmartus:
No way leave that shit if you want peace to reign. Useless man who is your brother.

Local man is vexed!

grin grin grin grin

Lolz! Relax. . .either way, you're screwed. Except you're a strong party faithful in APC.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Racoon(m): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2020
shocked Nigeria politics only believe in winner-takes-it-all. Hence it will be difficult to harmonize dissenting politicians.Well the shameless political ashawos will still defect back.Too bad.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2020
Don't mind them, they will run back to PDP and PDP will foolishly accept them.

Will want to see what will play out in IMO, let me see how the HoR members will react

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by foolbuster: 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2020
He needs them for what lies ahead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Perfecttouchade: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2020
I don't seem to understand politics anymore, why calling them back since dey decided to leave when things went bad... What kind of system are we running sef

19 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by akinbode1(m): 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2020
This is a Great turn around......

Congratulations sir.....

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Goldencheese(m): 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
What nobody can do, the Supreme Court can do and do it with finality.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by oloriooko(m): 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
Na hunger dey make person eat wizard food
No be their fault grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
He didn't need to invite them to return to PDP. NIGERIAN politicians are notorious for indiscriminate carpet crossing. They were always going to return.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by ursullalinda(f): 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
Na this ones be the main political Aristo.....fair weather friends.....the worst set of people to associate with in this world.....just watch how they will shamelessly defect back.

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by chrisxxx(m): 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
Let them come and join the line at the rear. They have lost their initial standing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Emeks008(m): 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
Nigeria politicians are full time migrants. Na anywhere Belle face. You will see how most of them will return back to PDP in weeks time.

There suppose to be a law that will stopped Nigerian politicians from moving from one party to another. Let them stay in their respective party n build it.

Political prostitution shouldn't be allowed.

IN OTHER NEWS

Call me today as your resource Man for your Yoghurt/flavored drinks production factory.

I will Formulate a good yoghurt/Flavored drink recipe that will be acceptable anywhere anytime.

You can also reach me if you want to upgrade your yoghurt/ flavored drinks taste to premium tastes.

Call 09034761028.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by TIDDOLL(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
johnmartus:
Guy.... Chilax grin
Lmaoo

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by arantess: 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
Nigerian jagbajantis politics, no ideologies, anywhere belleface

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Renforce: 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
This played like a football match.
Scoring 2 goals from behind and winning the match in 90+ mins

With just 76k You could own our 384wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, Dc fan and 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Onyekachi419(f): 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2020
He ask them to return
But we Dey here they kill ourself over pdp and apc
We are not ready yet.

12 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2020
johnmartus:
abeg no kill urslf for naija politics, easy abegi.

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by realstars: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2020
And the ashawo politicians will wing head back and front again to celibate the rejected stone turn corner stone, to save their political greed.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by OakConsultNG: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2020
Interesting times..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by YungG(m): 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2020
Good one for the state..politics is full of intrigues..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by 9jaWebSolution: 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2020
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Orpe7(m): 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2020
Nigeria with Ashewo politicians
Hobnobbing from one party to the other
No fvcking loyalty

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by pat077: 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
Nigeria politicians have no ideology. They are always after their stomach.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC by Kylekent59: 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
Ashawo decampees

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Al-Mustapha Floats Green Party Of Nigeria Ahead Of 2019 Elections / I Was In The Same NYSC Camp With Dino Melaye - Man Shares His NYSC Certificate / Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.