Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (549627 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kamotisha: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
Misoke:

I greet you...my fellow "we plenty for our yard" member smiley

grin
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kamotisha: 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
tyosho:
At Bellong's get together yesterday grin.

Chai...see groove grin
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by jamson: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
bellong:
@All,

Many thanks to you all. I really do appreciate the goodwill messages.

May God bless you and grant your desires in His will.

@Jamson,

Many thanks to your madam for the hospitality on Tuesday night..

It’s the least we could have done, big brother.

More importantly, my wife and I are Zacheusly honoured to have you in our home.

18 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 31, 2017
yinkeys:

Serene environs
Hi
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by sweetgal81: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2017
Please how do l know the cheaper states, l have actually googled and nothing came out of it

bellong:

You will pay school fees. About $4500/year the last I know.

If you are coming on student visa, why not go to state that will be cheaper for you and one you can easily get a job to do.

Forget about South Australia. Of course, if God specifically asked you to choose SA, so be it.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by foreverkind1(m): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2017
sweetgal81:
Please how do l know the cheaper states, l have actually googled and nothing came out of it

Well, you google cheaper schools not cheaper states.
Big cities offers big opportunities, the likes of Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Queensland.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 12:22pm On Oct 31, 2017
sweetgal81:

Go to the website of department for education of each state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by frank043(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
jamson:

It’s the least we could have done, big brother.

More importantly, my wife and I are Zacheusly honoured to have you in our home.

Lolzzz...@the boldened.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by crest2j(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello NL I will like to know the tax % or rate in Australia. For the migrants that are working in Australia.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2017
crest2j:
Hello NL I will like to know the tax % or rate in Australia. For the migrants that are working in Australia.

Google ATO tax table. You will find the tax document.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 4:46am On Nov 01, 2017
tyosho:
At Bellong's get together yesterday grin.
kiss mehn the sky in the first pic is simply beautiful. it has been a very long time since i saw such majestic blue. It would seem australia has everything going for it scenery wise, its architecture and natural environment is so picturesque.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ideamaster(m): 6:31am On Nov 02, 2017
WellEndowed:
Lol@represent Perth. Carry go. Baldivis is such a beautiful suburb. I remember the first time I visited. I couldn't decide which I liked better Morley or Baldivis

Honestly I think Perth suburbs are a lot "cleaner" than Melbourne's lipsrsealed

You and our other ogas and madam's living in Perth have refused to represent. Lol. And then, we wonder why all the new immigrants from the other thread are all going to Melbourne or 'worst case', Sydney. Non of them considering Brisbane or Perth. Haba!

I saw somewhere you said you lived in Kalgoorlie. Any pictures from there? Once upon a time, I tried looking at pictures of Kalgoorlie on Google Street View because I was curious as I had never left Perth to any part of regional WA.

I later went to Bunbury and Busseltton and I was very impressed.

We also need Sujydee to come and share his experience in his part of Regional Nsw.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by nosula: 8:55am On Nov 02, 2017
My fellow Chemical Engineer, Pls exactly how long did it take for IOM to respond 2u wrt ur tickets. I sent my request since Friday and yet to get a feedback. Thanks

kamotisha:
Tyosho,
Thanks for doing justice as usual grin I don dey pack my boxes o.

It's wonderful to have a thread like this.

Oya oga Vinsmuft, 4mula22, catchwind4rmkd....pls report to the diary room here ....come and top up grin

I hope to contribute my own quota soon by God's grace.

Meanwhile, these IOM people take forever to reply mails o sad
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by BagiChris: 10:08am On Nov 02, 2017
nosula:

My fellow Chemical Engineer, Pls exactly how long did it take for IOM to respond 2u wrt ur tickets. I sent my request since Friday and yet to get a feedback. Thanks

Waiting for IOM response is another test of your patience, just like the GOLDEN EMAIL waiting period. Don't relent, the process should not exceed three weeks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Vinsmuft(m): 10:15am On Nov 02, 2017
nosula:

It took them about two weeks before they answered me. I got to know that the IOM in Nigeria simply forwards your request to another office (Ghana I think) for processing and so won't have any info for you until they hear from the processing office. But it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan in place cos they have failed some ppl e.g oga jamson

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2017
@Nosula
Don't restrict yourself to IOM. You might just find other options to be cheaper.
In my case, IOM quoted about N1,300,000 for the four of us.(Johannesburg to Melbourne via Dubai). We however got a ticket with emirates through an online agent for about N750,000 same route with a better baggage allowance of 46kg+7kg hand luggage each as against 40kg+7kg hand luggage offered by IOM.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by nosula: 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2017
Please can you share the agent details.

Duch1020:
@Nosula
Don't restrict yourself to IOM. You might just find other options to be cheaper.
In my case, IOM quoted about N1,300,000 for the four of us.(Johannesburg to Melbourne via Dubai). We however got a ticket with emirates through an online agent for about N750,000 same route with a better baggage allowance of 46kg+7kg hand luggage each as against 40kg+7kg hand luggage offered by IOM.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
nosula:
Please can you share the agent details.

I used Gotogate.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Phlunter01: 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
I AM SERIOUSLY INTERESTED.

Please i have gone to search on google but it looks like they have country specific sites and i cant seem to find a quote for Nigeria to Australia (Mel/Syd)

Please can you guide us on how to go about it, we are plenty in our yard and we must minimize cost

Thank you

Duch1020:

I used Gotogate.

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by babylove01: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
Phlunter01:
I AM SERIOUSLY INTERESTED.

Please i have gone to search on google but it looks like they have country specific sites and i cant seem to find a quote for Nigeria to Australia (Mel/Syd)

Please can you guide us on how to go about it, we are plenty in our yard and we must minimize cost

Thank you

Duch1020:

I used Gotogate.

Interested too oh!!
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kamotisha: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
@nosula
Apologies I am responding now. I have been super busy. It took them a few hours to respond initially. Then another 1 week plus to get another response. After paying, I waited for almost 2 weeks to get the final ticket. Like others have stated, you have to be patient or try other options. If you are travelling with kids, I advice you opt for a ticket with shorter flight time.
Cheers...

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Teejah80: 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
@Duch1020,please kindly share d link am also interested.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by disectur(m): 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
The way I see it, you're only half right. Nobody chooses Australia as a last resort. It's usually a deeply conscious destiny changing decision. As such, we as Nigerians really have no choice but to pull together. It's a strange land with lots of opportunities and not enough of us. We have no choice but to be a community. If we don't sacrifice love to each other then who will. This thread has opened my eyes to so much I never knew.
I'm 6 days away from exiting Nigeria and this thread has helped me in ways I cant articulate. I can't wait to make brothers and sisters out of everyone here. Sydney awaits.

fighal:
One thing I've learnt so far from this thread is that all the good people from Naija dey Australia..
See the way people dey help each other here..
Chai, be like say na UK dey house the wrong ones o.. Na UK person go arrange to pick u for airport finish, but the person no go show face...
God bless y'all helping each other... Make I still dey do my research sha, but I done dey like Australia small small.... I just love USA shaaaa....

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 03, 2017
ideamaster:

You and our other ogas and madam's living in Perth have refused to represent. Lol. And then, we wonder why all the new immigrants from the other thread are all going to Melbourne or 'worst case', Sydney. Non of them considering Brisbane or Perth. Haba!

I saw somewhere you said you lived in Kalgoorlie. Any pictures from there? Once upon a time, I tried looking at pictures of Kalgoorlie on Google Street View because I was curious as I had never left Perth to any part of regional WA.

I later went to Bunbury and Busseltton and I was very impressed.

We also need Sujydee to come and share his experience in his part of Regional Nsw.

No vex grin. I have always talked about my love for WA though. I studied, lived and worked there. In fact I completed an online program through ECU in November of last year. A few programs here and there at Curtin Uni and even Charles Darwin(NT) cheesy

Let me tell you a little story......I suck at taking photos embarassed I bought a new camera 2 years ago hoping it would tempt me to take photos for where? After looking around for a while I found a pretty good sale at Harvey Norman for a Sony a6000 (Body only). Bought all the lenses you could think of; 18-55mm, 50-210mm, 50mm, 16mm. Ask me how many times I have used the camera. In fact I haven't sighted it in over 18 months embarassed

Ehen back to topic. I didn't really like Kalgoorlie-red sand and all-it reminded me of my Father's village in Eastern Nigeria. I also lived in Albany-Loved it there kiss I visited Bunbury once, had a family member who lived there. Loved it. Plus I got goats from there free grin

I don't live in WA anymore though cry but take it from someone who has traveled around for work, WA remains the highest paying state for health professionals. Queensland is worse cry cry

My siblings and I all lived in WA but now they are all in Melbourne...except me cry

6 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by nosula: 6:50am On Nov 03, 2017
Thanks. IOM reverted. Cheers

kamotisha:
@nosula
Apologies I am responding now. I have been super busy. It took them a few hours to respond initially. Then another 1 week plus to get another response. After paying, I waited for almost 2 weeks to get the final ticket. Like others have stated, you have to be patient or try other options. If you are travelling with kids, I advice you opt for a ticket with shorter flight time.
Cheers...
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Albion05: 7:45am On Nov 03, 2017
Please,Mr WellEndowed can you throw more light on Queensland because that's were am heading to. I got struck by what you have just said concerning Queensland. Other people who are in Queensland should help us by sharing their experiences. Please help us by sharing your experience in Queensland!.
WellEndowed:

No vex grin. I have always talked about my love for WA though. I studied, lived and worked there. In fact I completed an online program through ECU in November of last year. A few programs here and there at Curtin Uni and even Charles Darwin(NT) cheesy

Let me tell you a little story......I suck at taking photos embarassed I bought a new camera 2 years ago hoping it would tempt me to take photos for where? After looking around for a while I found a pretty good sale at Harvey Norman for a Sony a6000 (Body only). Bought all the lenses you could think of; 18-55mm, 50-210mm, 50mm, 16mm. Ask me how many times I have used the camera. In fact I haven't sighted it in over 18 months embarassed

Ehen back to topic. I didn't really like Kalgoorlie-red sand and all-it reminded me of my Father's village in Eastern Nigeria. I also lived in Albany-Loved it there kiss I visited Bunbury once, had a family member who lived there. Loved it. Plus I got goats from there free grin

I don't live in WA anymore though cry but take it from someone who has traveled around for work, WA remains the highest paying state for health professionals. Queensland is worse cry cry

My siblings and I all lived in WA but now they are all in Melbourne...except me cry

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 03, 2017
I talk more about WA cos I lived there for years and loved it.

QLD..... I haven't been here long to give an honest review but one thing I would say is "It Most definitely is not my cup of tea. I am counting down already". Employees are so underpaid. I negotiated for weeks to get a pay that was slightly above WAs. ...when I hear Africans here talk about how good the pay is, I am always shook....I asked a few of them if they've worked in other states, they reply with a No...and I all say to myself is "No wonder" grin

Plus I hate the heat angry

There is career growth here sha....but again not my cup of tea

Good luck smiley

Albion05:
Please,Mr WellEndowed can you throw more light on Queensland because that's were am heading to. I got struck by what you have just said concerning Queensland. Other people who are in Queensland should help us by sharing their experiences. Please help us by sharing your experience in Queensland!.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Albion05: 10:11am On Nov 03, 2017
Thanks for the response. Am actually going for MSC in Nursing. Though my mind skip when I read underpaid. ���
WellEndowed:
I talk more about WA cos I lived there for years and loved it.

QLD..... I haven't been here long to give an honest review but one thing I would say is "It Most definitely is not my cup of tea. I am counting down already". Employees are so underpaid. I negotiated for weeks to get a pay that was slightly above WAs. ...when I hear Africans here talk about how good the pay is, I am always shook....I asked a few of them if they've worked in other states, they reply with a No...and I all say to myself is "No wonder" grin

Plus I hate the heat angry

There is career growth here sha....but again not my cup of tea

Good luck smiley

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by rinzylee(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2017
Albion05:
Thanks for the response. Am actually going for MSC in Nursing. Though my mind skip when I read underpaid. ���

@Albion are you are a nurse?? No vex o
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 03, 2017
Albion05:

Focus on getting your PR and then get the Bleep outta there. I hear some health professionals there don't get penalty rates...don't know how true that is. I wouldn't know cos I am on a salary but an Indian told me a few years ago

The union is more active in WA. They fight the government and other health care organizations like crazy for better pay rate. That's why the pay there is good. No be small fight

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.