Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,220 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (19468 Views)

Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin / The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by emmy1k(f): 8:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
Orobo2Lekpa:
If imported tribes have not destroyed YorubaLand, imported religions can never destroy YorubaLand
. How dO you mean, who are the imported tribes please be specific
Orobo2Lekpa:
If imported tribes have not destroyed YorubaLand, imported religions can never destroy YorubaLand
Orobo2Lekpa:
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nowenuse: 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
muyinet:

Tell me how many death have been recorded this year from ritualist compared to the numbers of death from boko haram and ISIS

Everyone knows Islam is a problematic religion. Can u ever say that about christianity?
The advantages of christianity far outnumber what our useless traditional religions which kept our continent in darkness could not do for us!
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nowenuse: 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]who gave a fhuck where a brainless dunce came from?

This thread is about yorubas and for yorubas.

Brainless dolts are not welcome here.

Yeah, the thread is for only ritualists. Continue. May your god of human rituals locate u and your family members very soon, so you can taste the true joy and sweetness of traditionalism
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 8:20pm On Oct 10, 2017
[s]
Nowenuse:

Yeah, the thread is for only ritualists. Continue. May your god of human rituals locate u and your family members very soon, so you can taste the true joy and sweetness of traditionalism
[/s]

Yeah its for ritualists.
We sacrifice mor0ns.

Your generation top this list of Brainless reta.rds we want to sacrifice.

I'm sure we will be doing the world a huge favour if we sacrifice brainless maggot like yourself. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
lmao cheesy, so you are now ranting about sex i'm not surprised since that's what monkey do...Sex and sleep. If i had a sister, i'd have protected her from monkeys like you to avoid contracting monkeypox. Please leave Ibadan and go back to the forest where you do have sex with gorrilas. cheesy . Btw i heard you are still single at 30 , never mind i forgot no one wants an ugly broke monkey @30. grin grin
but a primate has that common sense of not promoting hatred through speeches, while a sapien like your type doesn't have that common sense. Well I'm not surprised, cos these days, common sense isn't common.

You've got the attention, but you've wasted my time... Do not promote hatred, rather promote love.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 8:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
lmao cheesy, so you are now ranting about sex i'm not surprised since that's what monkey do...Sex and sleep. If i had a sister, i'd have protected her from monkeys like you to avoid contracting monkeypox. Please leave Ibadan and go back to the forest where you do have sex with gorrilas. cheesy . Btw i heard you are still single at 30 , never mind i forgot no one wants an ugly broke monkey @30. grin grin

but a primate has that common sense of not promoting hatred through speeches, while a sapien like your type doesn't have that common sense. Well I'm not surprised, cos these days, common sense isn't common.

You've got the attention, but you've wasted my time... Do not promote hatred, rather promote love.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
again, shut the fhuck up if you don't have anything meaningful to say.
You are mannerless.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nowenuse:

Everyone knows Islam is a problematic religion. Can u ever say that about christianity?
The advantages of christianity far outnumber what our useless traditional religions which kept our continent in darkness could not do for us!
and noone knows christianity isn't one? Do you know the toll of deaths that has been recorded through christianity? My brother, all because you want to adore or praise your religion, you don't need to condemn mine. You have your religion to yourself, I have mine to myself. Shikena!
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
Olu317:
You are mannerless.
like your father.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by codemaniacs: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2017
kk
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nowenuse:

Not true. Yoruba religion isn't about human ritualism alone .Not at all . The Alaafin Oyo was only emphasising the true identity of who are who in Yoruba land. Take for instance ,in the olden days , there are names for different categories of people in Yoruba land. And none can be interchanged with another. And it is obvious some elements here are descendants of kings , Dukes , Chiefs , warriors , Rich, commoners, Farmers, Slaves etc. In fact, Christianity and Islam crashed the classes. Although by our ORIKI IDILÈ, you can identify us all. If indeed, we resulted back to the main way of life, a lot won't like their lineage ancestors . It is a saving grace. From the opinion of some people here, it is obvious some are from a commoners or slave lineage because of their comments has sold them out.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by oodualover: 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nowenuse:
[s]

Shameless traditionalists!

No wonder human sacrifice and rituals is still the order of the day in Yoruba land. You want people to go back to an uncivilized culture of witch craft and human rituals?
Are you guys enjoying the status of South west as the ritualist headquarters of Africa? I pray you or your family member will be used for human rituals. Nonsense

Why did the traditional religion and gods of our fore fathers not save us from European invasion and colonization?

Stop saying rubbish. The colonialists were different from the missionaries, even though they were of same race
Don't forget that these missionaries also gave us schools, hospitals e t c which we and our illiterate fathers benefitted from. If not for them, we would have still been killing twins by now
Can you justify these inhumane practices?[/s]
Ibo boy, why can't you people just mind your business?
Dey swear for una?
Yoruba and Ibos are totally different. Just because you demonize your culture and tradition does not mean Yoruba people should do same.
You people should mind your business!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
like your father.
You can rant on here freely because it is a faceless forum. Honestly, if you meet me, you will prostrate. Do I blame a young blood like you? Of course not. I tell you of a truth there is a negative touch to your life and peace shall elude you. You have a name and identity because you were born. For the fact you have no manner online, then you will know that not everyone you should disrespect
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
[s]
Olu317:
You can rant on here freely because it is a faceless forum. Honestly, if you meet me, you will prostrate. Do I blame a young blood like you? Of course not. I tell you of a truth there is a negative touch to your life and peace shall elude you.
[/s]okay old man.

Can you shut the fhuck up now? cheesy
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by CioAngels(f): 9:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
Kabiyesi sir, i see this as hypocrisy, don't worry sir, they will come back to their root when the time comes, they hide under the night to patronize the tradition and coverup during the day. My take is that, on matter how good we are in Bible and Qur'an, this two will not and cannot replace tradition.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by CioAngels(f): 9:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
ShitHead:
He himself is an assault to the culture. He should first raise alarm on himself.
What did he do?
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Kakamorufu(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

When the Christianity over enter my head sometime ago, I changed my surname after one rubbish deliverance like that. I was in the process of making it legal before sense returned cheesy
thank God for u o. I had a classmate back then in primary school. her surname was JESUTIMILEYIN. �

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
gregyboy:
on my own opinion i feel all religion are real no one is fake there is a resting place after death and there is a devil called esu who reside in hell when you do wrong our traditional culture aint that bad they are some laws we have to adjust in it i guess even the God's. will understand perhaps even the Christian adjusted the bibles and removed some books. sometimes i dey reason am say god nor go fex for we ultering d bible by Christian then our own traditionalist god osanobua will not also get angry ...as for me religion as tiya me ehenn...dont even know which is d real religion to serve..thats y sometimes i feel like going back to my root with. ur alter at d back of your house and pray to osanobua for everything..if we take a look at history closely you will get to see that witches were not a good thing rite from time if were caught using their powers against someone you will be summoned by the enogies and d edonwerie it still baffules me y Christian feels our traditional worship were the cause of it and Christianity was d solution right from d time we accepted it it never reduce but increase but with d our traditional religion we could easily controll them with traditional prayers

Esu of the yoruba religion is different from satan or devil of the Bible...Ajayi made a mistake mixing them together in his translation
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by gregyboy(m): 11:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
WiLdFLame:

Esu of the yoruba religion is different from satan or devil of the Bible...Ajayi made a mistake mixing them together in his translation

esu in benin is devil i don't know of Yoruba
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Exactly!! It must have shown you that I worship shuku okuko bambiala angry

Nah, I've seen that already.

It showed me much more.grin.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Vivere: 12:26am On Oct 11, 2017
Nowenuse:
Stop saying rubbish. The colonialists were different from the missionaries, even though they were of same race. Don't forget that these missionaries also gave us schools, hospitals e t c which we and our illiterate fathers benefitted from. If not for them, we would have still been killing twins by now
Can you justify these inhumane practices?

Twins were never killed in Yoruba land. They were deified and honoured as mini-gods, and purveyor of blessings. Go figure.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 5:11am On Oct 11, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Nah, I've seen that already.

It showed me much more.grin.

Congrats on your discovery. Hope you achieve something worthwhile and better yourself with it angry

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 5:13am On Oct 11, 2017
Vivere:

Twins were never killed in Yoruba land. They were deified and honoured as mini-gods, and purveyor of blessings. Go figure.

I'm sure the guy wasn't talking of Yoruba land where till today twins and their mother are practically treated like diety even by Christians and Muslims cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 11, 2017
gregyboy:

esu in benin is devil i don't know of Yoruba
When as Esu laalu ogirioko a Yoruba term become Benin term?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by gregyboy(m): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2017
WiLdFLame:
When as Esu laalu ogirioko a Yoruba term become Benin term?

we share so many worlds with yoruba igbo delta so i dont see why this word surprises you
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by gregyboy(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2017
[/color][color=#990000]
Nowenuse:

Nowenuse:

Nowenuse:

you think like who is not educated religion does not bring development to a place instead it restrain it. a country without religion will tend to be more developed than the one that have religion. religion restrain you from development like the way you dress,dont watch movies not to get corrupted, is wrong when you use the bible in your ipad to read verses in church,dont fight wars i.e dont make bombs .so with this it shows that religion restrains you from all forms of development. d white were developed because they outgrown the intoxication of religion it was never religion that brought development to them

note: most scientists are atheist
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 11, 2017
gregyboy:

we share so many worlds with yoruba igbo delta so i dont see why this word surprises you
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by muyinet: 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
ivolt:
The first and most effective step in subjugating a people
is making them hate their culture and identity.
Islam and Christianity have[b] almost[/b] succeeded in this regard.

We all know that there were some toxic culture that needs to
be eliminated but that does not mean that ALL the aspect of
culture must be destroyed because some parts are not palatable.

Almost ke!...are you kidding me? they have succeeded already...the stage they are now is criminalizing the few people who would not succumb to be brainwashed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Common Name In Your Tribe? / Male Lion Was Sterilized And His Lion Wives Killed Him / Ijaw Women Of America Elect New Executives With Deborah Abbey As President And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.