Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,616 members, 7,809,260 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (39653 Views)

Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 / Nigeria Is The First African Country To Qualify For FIFA 2018 World Cup Russia / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by twentyk(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jamiubond009:
One day, the loneliness of a 70-year-old widow made her put an ad in the local newspaper that she wanted to marry again. It read: “Husband wanted! Must be in my age group, must not beat me, must not run around on me and must still be good in bed. All applicants please apply in person.” The next day, the doorbell rang, and when she opened the door, she saw a gray-haired gentleman in a wheelchair, with no legs or arms. She said: “You’re not really asking me to consider you, are you? Just look at you-you have no legs!” The old man smiled gently, and replied: “Therefore, I cannot run around on you!” The old lady, still objecting, said: “You don’t have any arms either!” This made the old man smile again: “Therefore, I can never beat you!” Before the next question, the old lady raised her eyebrow and asked: “Are you still good in bed?” The old man leaned back, and with a grin on his face, said: “I rang the doorbell, didn’t I?
this one go kill d old woman ooo...
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by P0intBlank(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
nairamaverick:
Misleading headline, he didn’t blast Oliseh

Nigerians too like fight
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by SmartyPants(m): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
It has been a while since i've seen genuinely competent, technical defenders play for the SE....

The partnership between Troost Ekong and Leon Balogun is one of my favorite things about the Super Eagles these days.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Afam4eva(m): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Sharap.
Oliseh is currently the coach of Dutch second division side Fortuna Sittard. They are second on the log and doing very well. There is a good chance that he'll be coaching in the Eredivisie next season.
Troost wasn't good enough. Why will you blame a coach if he has better options?
I guess his better options did well for the Nigerian team, no wonder he was sacked.

2 Likes

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Fabulous7(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oyebee91:
I miss osaze sad
How does the headline relate to osazeundecided

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by basic23111: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jamiubond009:
One day, the loneliness of a 70-year-old widow made her put an ad in the local newspaper that she wanted to marry again. It read: “Husband wanted! Must be in my age group, must not beat me, must not run around on me and must still be good in bed. All applicants please apply in person.” The next day, the doorbell rang, and when she opened the door, she saw a gray-haired gentleman in a wheelchair, with no legs or arms. She said: “You’re not really asking me to consider you, are you? Just look at you-you have no legs!” The old man smiled gently, and replied: “Therefore, I cannot run around on you!” The old lady, still objecting, said: “You don’t have any arms either!” This made the old man smile again: “Therefore, I can never beat you!” Before the next question, the old lady raised her eyebrow and asked: “Are you still good in bed?” The old man leaned back, and with a grin on his face, said: “I rang the doorbell, didn’t I?
interesting

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
FuckTheZero:
Oyibo boys are still soft though but they have more "sense" than their black counterparts.

is it strong that has won something for african teams? we are physical but oyibo dey show una say no be hard work na smart work...these boys dey learn football. no be talent for them na skill...

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by speedyGonzales: 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oliseh is an arrogant fool in my opinion, people keep believing the myth that oyibo are soft, they are not! He threw out our most capped player because of his ego, instead using him to pass down knowledge to the younger players like Mikel is used now.

2 Likes

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by GoddoskiEttah(m): 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
its football manager can say anything that he want to say, so just forget about that Ekong.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by omoiyamayor(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
Mediapace:
Oliseh will be waiting for you in turkey like
oliseh dey germany
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by rawpadgin(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
FuckTheZero:
Oyibo boys are still soft though but they have more "sense" than their black counterparts.
please can you tell me the black defender that's stronger than nemanja vidic?

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
This guy is speaking of many guys who got ditched because some girl never believed in them succeeding in life.

It's up to them to work their way up and feel good...not really proving anybody wrong.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by FuckTheZero: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
rawpadgin:
please can you tell me the black defender that's stronger than nemanja vidic?
Of course there's bound to be exceptions but in general terms, we all know how African players can "mumu" most times.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by talk2riel: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
Afam4eva:
Sunday Oliseh should go and sit down. He's probably our worst coach ever. You don't become a coach by speaking big grammar on supersports.
but he is doing well with fortuna sitaard in Holland
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Ranchhoddas: 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
Afam4eva:

I guess his better options did well for the Nigerian team, no wonder he was sacked.
Even the best coaches in the world get sacked.
Nobody would have taken Troost into the Super Eagles when Oliseh was coach. A coach would include you in his only when you show you are good enough and not based on sentimental rubbish.

Kevin de Bruyne and Pogba were rejected by Mourinho and Sir Alex respectively. They went out, proved themselves and are now thriving in their clubs.
They did not go talking Ill of their past coaches. It's football and it happens regularly.
What this guy is doing is just sentimental rubbish. Na Bursaspor e still dey play for wey he don dey get mouth, proving that he is emotional (soft) as Oliseh said.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Naughtytboy: 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sunday Oliseh remains a bright and very intelligent coach tactically... his only problems with the Super Eagles were bad Man management (a key skill in coaching), bringing in "his boys" like Paul Onobi and Sylvester Igboun who are bloody average players and then his really Overbloated Ego.

But despite his flaws, he remains one of Africa's fast rising tactical minds in the beautiful game today. Under Oliseh, we saw massive improvements in one particular area of the Super Eagles that his been lacking for years during the mid 2000s era and early 2010s era...

That area was "setpieces".... wink Nigeria became very dangerous from set pieces such as cornerkicks, freekicks (direct or indirect)... under him, Simon brought his A-game to direct freekicks and scored a beauty. Also we made use of our aerial prowess in Efe Ambrose back then in 2015 under Oliseh...

Truth is he added a dimension to our game which made us more dangerous to play against and Somehow, Rohr is putting that piece together again and I hope he builds on that fervently because if we must hurt teams we must be able to do so in many different ways... relying on just Wing plays and individual brilliance and Mikel's creativity and Iwobi's fluidity or Nacho's clinicality or Victor Moses' one man army " tear them apart" style won't be enough....

Finals and tight games are also won by set pieces... one corner and a header and it is over... case study is Euro 2004 final... and also Nigeria 2009 U-17 WC final.

So Oliseh gave Nigeria that extra edge in making us wickedly clinical and deadly from set pieces... let Rohr build on that in addition to all the great work he is doing already and we will have a Super Juggernaut of a team.

But on Ekong... telling him, Oyibos are too soft for the African game...Hahahahaha... Oliseh was bloody wrong and we have the Oyibo wall to prove it... lol

rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Afam4eva(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
talk2riel:

but he is doing well with fortuna sitaard in Holland
Of course, he's doing well with a division 2 team in Holland. I particularly like how a division 2 team can compare with the Nigerian national team.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Ranchhoddas: 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
omoiyamayor:
oliseh dey germany
Holland.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by muller101(m): 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
Upgradedentity:
O lord, let my enemies be dissapointed when i finally make it in life...
what if ur enemies make it in life before u.

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by muller101(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
Bmaster:
don't think its finish yet, ekong... you still have a long way to go ...
trust me , we need that world cup
hoping against hope
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by sharpwriter(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
comradespade:
After rohr sideline you because his pocket has been watered.

Oliseh will be like
lol... you no well.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by asawanathegreat(m): 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oliseh nor want make u blow but God pass am. Carry go my guy Nigeria na ur starting point.
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by ronaldbecky(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
Mediapace:
LOLZZZZZ
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by slurity1: 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
Mediapace:
Oliseh is a coach in Netherlands and not Turkey
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Legendaryarcher(f): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
Deseo:
Leon Balogun kiss kiss kiss
Are you thinking what am thinking cheesy grin grin
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by SmartyPants(m): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Even the best coaches in the world get sacked.
Nobody would have taken Troost into the Super Eagles when Oliseh was coach. A coach would include you in his only when you show you are good enough and not based on sentimental rubbish.

Kevin de Bruyne and Pogba were rejected by Mourinho and Sir Alex respectively. They went out, proved themselves and are now thriving in their clubs.
They did not go talking Ill of their past coaches. It's football and it happens regularly.
What this guy is doing is just sentimental rubbish. Na Bursaspor e still dey play for wey he don dey get mouth, proving that he is emotional (soft) as Oliseh said.

Where did he speak ill of Oliseh?

What you need to realize is that if Oliseh actually did say such, that was racist!

Imagine a white coach of England telling Rashford blacks are not technical enough. The press and the public would have his head on a spike by sundown!

3 Likes

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by openmine(m): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
Our Oyibo Wall....lol

I think Sunday oliseh was too hard on the ekong....As a coach,ur job is not only to give instructions but motivate and correct where necessary.... Not to demean the poor guy simply because of his colour....

On a serious note,Based on what oliseh said,I can confidently call him a "racist".....why must the colour of a skin determine the person's potential.....?

And yet oliseh will be the first to protest or write a stinker if he was labelled or called a "monkey".....smh

3 Likes

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Oyebee91(m): 6:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
Fabulous7:

How does the headline relate to osazeundecided
shey osaze no be oyinbo ni? sad

1 Like

Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by OtemAtum: 6:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
muller101:
what if ur enemies make it in life before u.
epic cheesy
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by Mediapace: 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
slurity1:
Oliseh is a coach in Netherlands and not Turkey

Yea but Ekong plays in turkey
Re: Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup by SmartyPants(m): 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2017
openmine:
Our Oyibo Wall....lol

I think Sunday oliseh was too hard on the ekong....As a coach,ur job is not only to give instructions but motivate and correct where necessary.... Not to demean the poor guy simply because of his colour....

On a serious note,Based on what oliseh said,I can confidently call him a "racist".....why must the colour of a skin determine the person's potential.....?

And yet oliseh will be the first to protest or write a stinker if he was labelled or called a "monkey".....smh

Africans have some very funny double standards. Imagine a coach not picking you essentially because of your racial heritage... that must have felt really bad for Ekong at the time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayern Leverkusen Mocks Peter Cech After Arsenal 2-0 Defeat / Cristiano Ronaldo Mobbed By Juventus Fans During Friendly (Photos) / Frustrated Arsenal Fan In Abuja With #Emeryout Banner On Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.