Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru (3665 Views)

Babagana Kingibe Scheming To Succeed Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - SR / Osinbajo More Powerful Than Buhari’s Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari –Tony Momoh / GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by okum1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
WE has received information indicating that Abba Kyari, the Chief of Staff to
President Muhammadu Buhari, is a recipient of the $26 billion contract windfall
in the Nigeria National Petroleum Commission [NNPC].
According to the source, companies linked to Abba Kyari were allegedly awarded
$13 billion contracts by the NNPC Group Managing Director, Dr. Maikanti
Kacalla Baru.
One such company, Brentex Petroleum Services, with Abba Kyari's name on the
company listing as owner, was awarded of $10 billion.
It was also discovered that some other beneficiary companies were linked to
Mamman Daura​, the “​powerful nephew” of the president who controls the
presidency.
Recall that in a leaked memo from Nigeria's Minister of State for Petroleum
Resources, Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu had revealed irregularities in the state-
owned oil giant.
Kachikwu had alleged that US$26 billion contract was awarded without board
and Federal Executive Council [FEC] approval.
He wrote to President Buhari to report on questionable practices by Dr Baru,
including accusations of insubordination.
"I have been unable to secure an appointment to see you despite very many
attempts," Kachikwu wrote to Buhari, who is oil minister as well as president.
The letter appeared to point to Kachikwu's deepening frustration.
The letter states, among other things:
“The legal and procedural requirements are that all contracts above $20m
would need to be reviewed and approved by the Board of NNPC.
“Mr. President over one year of Dr. Baru’s tenure, no contract has been run
through the Board.
“This is despite my diplomatic encouragement to Dr. Baru to do so to avoid
wrongfully painting you as a President who does not allow Due Process to
thrive NNPC.
“Given the history of malpractices and the public perception of NNPC as having
a history of non-transparency, the NNPC Tenders Board (NTB) cannot be the
final clearance authority for contracts it enters into.
“The NTB which is a collection of top level NNPC executives and COOs, with the
GMD as Chairman, cannot continue to be the final approval authority for multi-
million dollar contracts and transactions involving NNPC to the exclusion of the
Board.
“Board members have singularly and collectively raised these issues to no avail.
“The following major contracts were never reviewed by or discussed with me
Board of NNPC:
1. The Crude Term contracts- value at over $10bn
2. The DSDP contracts- value over $5bn
3. The AKK pipeline contract- value approximately $3bn
4. Various financing allocation funding contracts with the NOCs – value over
$3bn
5. Various NPDC production service contracts – value at over $3bn--$4bn
“There are many more Your Excellency, in most of these activities, the
explanation of the GMD is that you are the Minister of Petroleum and your
approvals were obtained.
“However, the correct governance should be that the Minister of the State and
the Board review the transaction and give their concurrence prior to
presentation to you.
“As I many cases of things that happen in NNPC these days. I learn of
transactions only through publications in the media.
“The question is why is it that the Parastatals which I supervise as Minister of
State or Chair of their Board are able to go through these contractual and
mandatory governances processed and yet NNPC is exempt from these?”
So far, no visible action has been taken after Buhari finally granted Kachikwu
audience on Friday, October 6, in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
NNPC's chairperson, Baru, whose governance of the oil giant is clearly in the
memo's firing line, remains in office.
Awarding contract without due process in Nigeria parlance is a euphemism for
saying that the money was embezzled via fictitious contract awards
Having looked into the presidency of Buhari, it seems that the BaruGATE heist is
a tip of the iceberg.
This government allowed many agencies to run without boards for over two
years and one can imagine what took place inside the belly of those
institutions.
President Buhari has severally been accused of selective justice and intentional
neglect of corruption allegations by his officials, one of such being the “grass-
cutter” allegation against the former Secretary to the Federal Government [SGF],
David Babachir Lawal.
www.omovibes.co.uk/2017/10/shocker-buharis-chief-of-staff-abba.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&m=1
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by SalamRushdie: 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
Sarrki

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by madridguy(m): 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Isokowadoo: 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
Goodness God !!

This is Prosposterous

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by aolawale025: 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
That's why he's on the NNPC board.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by clefstone(m): 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
I don't trust the source of this story but make we dey watch and see

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Isokowadoo: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
Gay Madrid don't peep say Somtn

Tieves

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Homeboiy: 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oh Thank u sister faith for the free WiFi u have been leaving on since u bought ur infinix hot 4

I wouldn't have been able to see this great news about our corruption fighter if nor for ur free WiFi

As for buhari n co

Only Nigerians will judge u by 2019
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
clefstone:
We need a more reliable source,but I can bet majority of the people awarded the contracts are close associates of Buhari who don't have the necessary expertise to carry out the contracts.
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by LUGBE: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2017
We are not surprised to hear this, more revelations ahead, smelling thieves kiss

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by ourema(f): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
clefstone:
In addition the English language is so appalling. God help us
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Dedetwo(m): 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
At this rate of embezzlement, APC will be the worst political party ever to have ruled Nigeria. The APC and its jackass leaders have not even being in power for three years yet the marker of political criminality is all over landmark of Nigeria. At least, PDP ruled up to 16 years or less.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by sarrki(m): 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Sarrki

In as much I don't trust the source

I have not hidden my displeasure about Abba kyari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by NASTYNASOSO: 10:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
HMMMMMMM

YOU CANT MISLEAD US WITH YOUR GROSSLY COOKED UP VENDETTA OF HATE

1.The Crude Term contracts HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE ATTACHED TO THEM AND ALL THE PROCEEDS OF THE LIFTING JUST GOES TO THE FEDERATION ACCOUNT.

2.The AKK pipeline contract HAS BEEN ONGOING FOR A LONG TIME AND THE CLIENTS ARE THE ONES TO BEING THE FUNDS.

3.Various financing allocation funding contracts with the NOCs WHO TOLD YOU THAT THE IOCs GET FUNDING FROM NNPC
THE IOCs FUND THEIR PROJECTS AND GET REIMBURSED SUPERVISED BY NNPC TO OPTIMISE JV AGREEMENTS

4.Various NPDC production service contracts WHO TOLD YOU THIS ? I AM OFF

THIS THREAD IS NOT WORTHY OF MY COMMENTS IT IS MEANT TO CONFUSE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW THE OIL AND GAS INSTITUTION OPERATES IN NIGERIA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 11, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
HMMMMMMM

YOU CANT MISLEAD US WITH YOUR GROSSLY COOKED UP VENDETTA OF HATE

1.The Crude Term contracts HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE ATTACHED TO THEM AND ALL THE PROCEEDS OF THE LIFTING JUST GOES TO THE FEDERATION ACCOUNT.

2.The AKK pipeline contract HAS BEEN ONGOING FOR A LONG TIME AND THE CLIENTS ARE THE ONES TO BEING THE FUNDS.

3.Various financing allocation funding contracts with the NOCs WHO TOLD YOU THAT THE IOCs GET FUNDING FROM NNPC
THE IOCs FUND THEIR PROJECTS AND GET REIMBURSED SUPERVISED BY NNPC TO OPTIMISE JV AGREEMENTS

4.Various NPDC production service contracts WHO TOLD YOU THIS ? I AM OFF

THIS THREAD IS NOT WORTHY OF MY COMMENTS IT IS MEANT TO CONFUSE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW THE OIL AND GAS INSTITUTION OPERATES IN NIGERIA

As much as I don't trust this source and by extension the story, this stories alleged to be Baru's reaction part of which you have re-echoed here is a lot of crap. So you mean people take up contracts without any financial gains? Are they Santa Claus?

Nothing sounds more stuppidd than "ALL THE PROCEEDS OF THE LIFTING JUST GOES TO THE FEDERATION ACCOUNT". Where does the cost of liftinG ccome from? Won't staff b paid? Won't equipment be used? I just go on and on

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by unnamebo: 6:36am On Oct 11, 2017
check my picture for more

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by emperorAY(m): 6:51am On Oct 11, 2017
D level of corruption perpetrated by dis govt is one of a kind
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by philchudi: 6:53am On Oct 11, 2017
Nigeria is in deep trouble
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by NASTYNASOSO: 6:54am On Oct 11, 2017
faceURfront:

As much as I don't trust this source and by extension the story, this stories alleged to be Baru's reaction part of which you have re-echoed here is a lot of crap. So you mean people take up contracts without any financial gains? Are they Santa Claus?

Nothing sounds more stuppidd than "ALL THE PROCEEDS OF THE LIFTING JUST GOES TO THE FEDERATION ACCOUNT". Where does the cost of liftinG ccome from? Won't staff b paid? Won't equipment be used? I just go on and on
HMMMNN

INSTEAD OF YOU TO SEEK KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU LACK YOU ARE HERE RANTING.
YOU THINK YOUR CONFUSION AND SUB STANDARD EDUCATION IS ENOUGH FOR YOU TO THROW COMMENTS ON WHAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF.
YOU ARE A NOBODY IN THE OIL AND GAS TERRAIN, AS SUCH YOU DONT DESERVE MY TIME FOR ARGUMENTS.
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 11, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMNN

YOU THINK YOUR CONFUSION AND SUB STANDARD EDUCATION IS ENOUGH FOR YOU TO THROW COMMENTS ON WHAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF.
YOU ARE A NOBODY IN THE OIL AND GAS TERRAIN, AS SUCH YOU DONT DESERVE MY TIME FOR ARGUMENTS.

Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 11, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMNN

Rather than dispute what he just asserted, you went into default..
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by obailala(m): 8:03am On Oct 11, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMNN

You know you could have simply just answered his question without resorting to insults?... It was a valid question, how can a company execute a job and not take any profits?
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Ideyontop: 8:43am On Oct 11, 2017
I just recently taya for this administration. What have we done to ourselves?
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by magoo10(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2017
this is monumental corruption at its peak

After getting away with Babachir lawal 'the grass cutter' they still went on giving contracts to government officials which is clearly against the ethics of government.

Buhari and his bunch of looters have no integrity after all.

Zombies should come and defend this
More revelations loading......
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by TheKabal: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2017
Ideyontop:
I just recently taya for this administration. What have we done to ourselves?

I call people like you 'government hold my destiny'.
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Ideyontop: 8:52am On Oct 11, 2017
TheKabal:

I call people like you 'government hold my destiny'.

I bind you in Jesus name!!!! Na your destiny government hold no be my own.
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by sinistermind(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2017
We want a more reliable source.... But TBH, i am not surprised
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by Nbote(m): 10:24am On Oct 11, 2017
Despite d source not been credible enough, I won't b surprised if its true considering how nepotistic dis govt has been so far. Little wonder d Minister of state was bypassed simply becos D minister himself (PMB) is d chief Orchestra of d govt Opera of corruption
Re: Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Received $13b Contract From Nnpc’s Baru by codedguy1(m): 11:41am On Oct 11, 2017
The tendency to believe all these stories emanating from this govt is high because of the nepotistic, tribalistic and bigotry that oozes out of this govt.

If jubrin loses the next election I hope the cabal will allow him concede.

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen : Origin And Solution / Akwa Ibom Vs Anambra State / Lagos State Igr More Than Se, Ss, Se, North.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.