Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,595 members, 7,958,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:19 AM

Mimi Orjiekwe: Charles Billion Refusing Bride Price Refund, I Can’t Stay Married - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mimi Orjiekwe: Charles Billion Refusing Bride Price Refund, I Can’t Stay Married (22626 Views)

Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund / Mimi Orjiekwe Shades Charles Billion For Doing A Condom Advert / Mimi Orjiekwe Remarries, 3 Months After Divorcing Charles Billion For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mimi Orjiekwe: Charles Billion Refusing Bride Price Refund, I Can’t Stay Married by ivolt: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2017
onyeawka80:
oga pls wat u do u mean by legally married? Afta d bride price has been paid tnks

Is bride price the money you pay to buy a wife?
If yes, it is illegal to purchase another human being.

But if bride price is just a symbolic gesture to signify marriage
such as wedding ring. Then it doesn't matter whether a man is willing to
accept it back or not.

1 Like

Re: Mimi Orjiekwe: Charles Billion Refusing Bride Price Refund, I Can’t Stay Married by Akious2k2(m): 10:38am On Oct 11, 2017
abike12:
why not just send someone to enter their house and drop it on the table?
Must the Bride Pride be returned... After all, the payer is not willing to collect it back, at least, according to the story
Re: Mimi Orjiekwe: Charles Billion Refusing Bride Price Refund, I Can’t Stay Married by onyeawka80(m): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2017
ivolt:

Is bride price the money you pay to buy a wife?
If yes, it is illegal to purchase another human being.

But if bride price is just a symbolic gesture to signify marriage
such as wedding ring. Then it doesn't matter whether a man is willing to
accept it back or not.
Bro a Traditional wedding was conducted to dat is tell u dat they were legally married not just bride price only. let me educate in igbo land, once a man pays d bride of a woman, dey are already a husband and wife weda wihite wedding or not. bro u very wrong she cant misbehave if dat bride price is not accepted she knows consequences dat is why she crying publicly
Re: Mimi Orjiekwe: Charles Billion Refusing Bride Price Refund, I Can’t Stay Married by ivolt: 11:37am On Oct 11, 2017
onyeawka80:
Bro a Traditional wedding was conducted to dat is tell u dat they were legally married not just bride price only. let me educate in igbo land, once a man pays d bride of a woman, dey are already a husband and wife weda wihite wedding or not. bro u very wrong she cant misbehave if dat bride price is not accepted she knows consequences dat is why she crying publicly

There are no consequences for courageous and enlightened people.
It is the superstitious nature of an average African that makes
them slaves to oppressive cultures.
Re: Mimi Orjiekwe: Charles Billion Refusing Bride Price Refund, I Can’t Stay Married by onyeawka80(m): 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
ivolt:

There are no consequences for courageous and enlightened people.
It is the superstitious nature of an average African that makes
them slaves to oppressive cultures.

lets face fact and not Education. Culture is culture. Let me tell one of d consequences, Any baby she gives birth to now without the bride price being returned belongs to Mr Diamond. Ask any Igbo man, Phd or enlightened people no reach dis one.
Re: Mimi Orjiekwe: Charles Billion Refusing Bride Price Refund, I Can’t Stay Married by ivolt: 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2017
onyeawka80:

lets face fact and not Education. Culture is culture. Let me tell one of d consequences, Any baby she gives birth to now without the bride price being returned belongs to Mr Diamond. Ask any Igbo man, Phd or enlightened people no reach dis one.

Again, you miss the point, a human(babies included) is not a property
to be owned.
I admit that unenlightened people are hysterical about "consequence" to
the point that they sacrifice their lives happiness for oppressive culture.

There is a clear difference between been civilised and going to school.
Being a professor or PhD holder does not excuse someone from holding
archaic and superstitious believes.

I remember when Stella died and her kinsman were threatening OBJ
with lethal consequence if he refuse to return her corpse. OBJ went
ahead and nothing happened. If he was one of those lilly-livered men,
he would have been forced to abide by useless cultural norms.

I still remember a local story of a commissioner who lost her very young husband, if
she were a nobody, she would have been forced to drink "corpse water" to
prove her innocence. But on sighting her with her security details, none of the
elders could raise the issue of shaving and drinking filthy water.

You either choose to be bound by culture or not.

2 Likes

Re: Mimi Orjiekwe: Charles Billion Refusing Bride Price Refund, I Can’t Stay Married by onyeawka80(m): 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
ivolt:

Again, you miss the point, a human(babies included) is not a property
to be owned.
I admit that unenlightened people are hysterical about "consequence" to
the point that they sacrifice their lives happiness for oppressive culture.

There is a clear difference between been civilised and going to school.
Being a professor or PhD holder does not excuse someone from holding
archaic and superstitious believes.

I remember when Stella died and her kinsman were threatening OBJ
with lethal consequence if he refuse to return her corpse. OBJ went
ahead and nothing happened. If he was one of those lilly-livered men,
he would have been forced to abide by useless cultural norms.

I still remember a local story of a commissioner who lost her very young husband, if
she were a nobody, she would have been forced to drink "corpse water" to
prove her innocence. But on sighting her with her security details, none of the
elders could raise the issue of shaving and drinking filthy water.

You either choose to be bound by culture or not.
I get u clearly. but to her own respect, she cant get remarried without dat bride price been returned or accepted.
pls note am referring to spiritual consequences.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Had A Crush On Rita Dominic / Lesbianism: Rukky Sanda Denies Being Tonto Dikeh's Lover / Adorable Makeup Photos Of Monalisa Chinda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.