Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) (35024 Views)

My Poultry Journey... / See The Green Snake I Killed In My Farm Today (Photos) / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by cruxmeggido(m): 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2017
if it attacked the guy with spit then it's not a mamba. I may be wrong but there's just one snake that spits and that's the spiting cobra. The rest are just speculations and if it's a mamba. It's not a black mamba if not....none of you will be writing this story. Trust me.
A black mamba is called black because of its black mouth not it's color. The mouth when opened is pitch black.
At first glance I thought it was a cobra but the head says otherwise. Maybe cos it has been broken.

U know what you are saying jare.

Watch snake in the city n you will know more about snakes.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by jimohibrahim(m): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
Myself2:

Why call the fellow clueless He was just saying what he thought he knew.

So you sabi snakes pass am, so fvcking what

Some people sha

I don't have your time, last time I checked the word clueless means something you have no knowledge about...and please never quote me again, cos you're just showing your stupidity.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by cruxmeggido(m): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
It's a spiting cobra
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by jimohibrahim(m): 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
cruxmeggido:
if it attacked the guy with spit then it's not a mamba. I may be wrong but there's just one snake that spits and that's the spiting cobra. The rest are just speculations and if it's a mamba. It's not a black mamba if not....none of you will be writing this story. Trust me.
A black mamba is called black because of its black mouth not it's color. The mouth when opened is pitch black.
At first glance I thought it was a cobra but the head says otherwise. Maybe cos it has been broken.

U know what you are saying jare.

Watch snake in the city n you will know more about snakes.

God bless you joor. I watch snake in the city too and it's very scary and educative
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by cruxmeggido(m): 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
This is not black mamba. We don't have black mambas in Nigeria. It's either a cobra.

With the current situation in Nigeria una wan add black mamba join our wahala again.

If it were a black mamba, both guys will be dead by now. Black mamba is fuc-king aggressive when threatened, and it can stand to the extent it can bite a grown man on his face. And it's very fast. It has got one of the most poisonous venom, it also bites multiple times. Black mamba will literally warn you by opening its mouth and one bite is enough to say hello to ur ancestors. If bitten, you have just 20 mins to say bye bye to diz world. That's if not taken care of ni o.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Ayiibobo(m): 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
That's a cobra,you should expect to see them more often,because they prey on eggs,..to those saying it's a black mamba,its not,black mambas can't be found in Nigeria,plus they do not prey on eggs
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Ayiibobo(m): 3:16pm On Oct 11, 2017
Tolexander:
Cobra

It is a nocturnal snake that loves swallowing hen's eggs.
It is the snake behind killing of brooding hens at home and in the bush.

Many times killed by inserting a hook and line in a boiled egg tied down. It becomes stuck after swallowing the boiled egg. Banging itself on the ground for the egg to be broken. During the process, the hook gets hooked to its intestine and starts struggling to be freed from the line.

There is a myth about it in Yoruba. They say when it grows to a certain stage, it starts developing comb like a cock, and starts crowing like a cock to attract hens. Though I have outgrown that belief.
what you meant by a cobra with comb is called a crowning crest cobra,there have been sightings of it,but its a very rare species of cobra,......
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
adjoviomole:
This is not black mamba. We don't have black mambas in Nigeria. It's either a cobra.

With the current situation in Nigeria una wan add black mamba join our wahala again.

If it were a black mamba, both guys will be dead by now. Black mamba is fuc-king aggressive when threatened, and it can stand to the extent it can bite a grown man on his face. And it's very fast. It has got one of the most poisonous venom, it also bites multiple times.
you have better chance fighting floyd mayweather than going up against a mamba. Even usain bolt cant outrun it

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by mike4real2(m): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
closerange:

Lol, that is not a Black mamba bro, black mambas are not black coloured, they are usually grey coloured....
The name black mamba is not as a result of their skin color but the color of the insides of their mouth...

Correct you are in the know.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Tolexander: 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
Habeyy:
grin see how my guy analyse the snake Kudos to you bro. You suppose dey work for Wikipedia
lol! Thanks boss cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Myself2(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
jimohibrahim:

I don't have your time, last time I checked the word clueless means something you have no knowledge about...and please never quote me again, cos you're just showing your stupidity.

You were sounding off.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Marcofranz(m): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
seejay80s:
IF U LIKE URSELF JUST BURN THE SNAKE AND BURY IT, DO NOT EAT!!!!
I REPEAT , DO NOT EAT THAT SNAKE, NA UNA DEY BRING NEW DISEASE ENTER NIGERIA, FROM CHICKEN POX TO MONKEY POX, VERY SOON UNA GO BRING SNAKE POX WEY NO FIT GET CURE...
MUST EVERY THING BE FOOD?
Did I tell you I was gonna eat it ?
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Pyroclast(m): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
ProjectNaija:

We don't have black mambas in west africa as they are native to east and southern Africa. So it can't be a black mamba, It's probably a cobra.
I beg to differ, bro. I have personally seen a young black mamba in ibadan. Its mouth(interior) was jet black. Can't ever forget the day cos of the chill I had. I opened its mouth myself out of curiosity. N.B. I didn't kill it myself though, some mechanics did.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by chngebeginwthme: 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
[quote author=Tolexander post=61299856]Cobra

It is a nocturnal snake that loves swallowing hen's eggs.
It is the snake behind killing of brooding hens at home and in the bush.

Many times killed by inserting a hook and line in a boiled egg tied down. It becomes stuck after swallowing the boiled egg. Banging itself on the ground for the egg to be broken. During the process, the hook gets hooked to its intestine and starts struggling to be freed from the line.

There is a myth about it in Yoruba. They say when it grows to a certain stage, it starts developing comb like a cock, and starts crowing like a cock to attract hens. Though I have outgrown that belief.[
/quote]

That believe is true as have seen such snake when am in school..
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by supereagle(m): 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
AreaFada2:

Which colour are they? Nocturnal or diurnal? Identified by zoologists as such?
The green arboreal mamba is different from black mamba. So which mamba are you referring to?

The back is black and the chest grey like colour. It is nocturnal and not arboreal.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by AreaFada2: 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
supereagle:

The back is black and the chest grey like colour. It is nocturnal and not arboreal.

Mamba is not black. Only its mouth is black. Grey to dark brown. No real evidence of sighting in Nigeria. Even the case in Senegal is doubted.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by supereagle(m): 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
AreaFada2:

Mamba is not black. Only its mouth is black. Grey to dark brown. No real evidence of sighting in Nigeria. Even the case in Senegal is doubted.
Snake in the city usually shows it in SA.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by ProjectNaija(m): 9:07am On Oct 12, 2017
Pyroclast:

I beg to differ, bro. I have personally seen a young black mamba in ibadan. Its mouth(interior) was jet black. Can't ever forget the day cos of the chill I had. I opened its mouth myself out of curiosity. N.B. I didn't kill it myself though, some mechanics did.

You assumed it was a black mamba but i can assure you it's not. A simple google search will confirm this for you. smiley
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Ayus4u(m): 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
Marcofranz:
Today i decided to do a little cleaning around my poultry when i came across this reptile. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. literally this is the first time I'm seeing a live serpent as big as this , if not for one guy i met i guess i would have allowed it escape .
Snake lovers in the house what specie is this biko!

snakepox
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Teegirl101(f): 11:37am On Oct 13, 2017
besticality:
Another snake gone. RIP to the black reptile. It looks like black mamba to me

Black mamba has got NO BLACK SKIN, it's noted BLACK cuz of its inner mouth and tongue. Poor snake, only fulfilling nature's call (FOOD CHAIN CYCLE/ECOSYSTEM). imagine snakes going extinct ,rodents will be a terror to manage.
Get more educated by Simon Key, Snake in the City; Nat Geo
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by Jaelluiz: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
That is clearly a spitting cobra, though it looks like a juvenile from the length of the body and the width of the head. I think the OP and his friend were lucky. Confronting a spitting cobra is not advisable as it can easily get its toxin into your eyes from a reasonable distance and without expanding its neck. It can achieve that even in a supine position with only a slight elevation of its head.
Did someone say there are no rattlers in Nigeria? Dont be fooled, there are alot of them in the arid regions of Northern nigeria. Alot to speed up your journey on earth. Black mambas are relatively rare in west africa but we cannot rule out that there is not a single one out there in the whole of the country.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2019
besticality:
Another snake gone. RIP to the black reptile. It looks like black mamba to me
Black mambas aren't black in color
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by PoWConsulting: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2019
FAST SELLING 1,000 Naira only for each Business Plan

GET MODEL AGRIBUSINESS PLANS INSTANTLY!!!

PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

BUY THREE, GET ONE FREE!!!

1. Business Plan on Grasscutter Farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked Fish.

3. Business Plan on the Establishment of a Small scale Mechanized Gari Production Centre

4. Business Plan on Instant Plantain Flour

Our business plan gives a holistic feasibility report of the production and technical plan, market analysis, marketing plan, personnel and labour management and most importantly, the financial plan which is standard and BANKABLE!!!

The model business plan is prepared in word document format (not pdf) to enable you edit it to suit your needs.

Promo valid till July 31, 2019
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by PoWConsulting: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2019
FAST SELLING 500 Naira only for each manual

GET AGRIBUSINESS MANUALS INSTANTLY!!!PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!BUY FIVE, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase five of the following Business Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid mSoap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

2. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

3. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

4. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

5. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

6. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

7. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

8. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

9. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

10. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

12. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

13. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

14. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com

Promo valid till July 31, 2019
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by yemilado: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2019
o boy!
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) by ExcellencyFSA: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
https://www.afrimash.com/product-tag/day-old-chicks/aff/81/
Get best quality day old chicks for your farm. Delivery is nationwide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economical Tree Crops Seedlings Available For Sale. / 9 Interesting Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Rice / Blind & Deaf Rice Farmer In Taraba With A Paralysed Left Hand (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.