Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,616 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima (11234 Views)

Borno Gov., Shettima Cry At Meeting With Buhari Over Recent Boko Haram Attacks / Saraki: It’s Criminal To Say Nigerians Consume Over 50m Litres Of PMS Daily / Gov Shettima Queries Commissioner For Distributing Shoe Polish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by seguno2: 9:41am On Oct 12, 2017
Despite more money from the federation account since 1960?
What have the northern governors and elites done with all their money?
Stolen and stashed away in Dubai like Buratai and his multi million dollar mansions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by PatriotTemidayo: 9:42am On Oct 12, 2017
Thank God you know. .....

1 Like

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by hatchy(f): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2017
Yes UNPRODUCTIVE population.

1000 Northerner is equal to 1 Southerner in terms of productive indices and usefulness.

That is it!

6 Likes

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by collum(m): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2017
if over 50m northers are enjoying poverty, how many therefore is the total population of the north?

2 Likes

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by totorimi: 9:46am On Oct 12, 2017
In the fullness of time they will be settled financially.
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by GlobalGisting(m): 9:48am On Oct 12, 2017
Why are the northerners poor? Is Africa's richest man not from the North? 70% of the president's that Nigerian has had are from the north. The larger chunk of the Nigerian resources goes to the north. All relief materials by Who/UN etc goes to the north. Until North learns that having billions in the account does not make one rich, they will remain poor. They must learn to use their brains. Until then "FEAR NORTH!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by sonature1: 9:49am On Oct 12, 2017
Nbote:
Northerners and crying foul everytym.. Who's fault is it dat despite all dis years dey are still worse of Dan d rest of d country despite being at d helm of affairs for most part of d years dis country has been in existence. Their leaders use religion to hold dem down and dat is why dey are stuck where dey are. The poor ones are encouraged to attend Islamic skools and learn Arabic instead of acquiring basic western education while d priviledged ones and elites attend d best of skools and even study abroad. And wen dey com back dey continue to lord over d poor ones and d cycle continues... They are happy been in every less privilege list in d country becos d quota system works jus fine for dem..

Learn to write in correctly spelt English...especially when you are writing about EDUCATION.
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by MrHenshaw: 9:51am On Oct 12, 2017
Stingman:
By Joseph Erunke ABUJA—

Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State, yesterday, said over 50 million Nigerians of northern extraction live in poverty. The governor also lamented that the region was faced with five most serious problems, which he enumerated to include low literacy, poverty, poor healthcare, unproductive population and bad economic position. Gov Kashim Shettima of Borno State. Shettima, who is the Chairman, Northern Governors’ Forum, said he relied on recent research data released by experts, which indicated that of the 79.6 million Nigerians living in poverty, over 50 million of them, representing about 70 per cent, live in the 19 northern states of Nigeria.

To this end, the governor entered into a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, with General Electric, GE, to enhance healthcare delivery in all northern states. Signing the MoU in Abuja, yesterday, the governor, who noted that governors of the region were taking very determined steps to rewrite the northern story from different perspectives, regretted that unproductive population in the North had resulted in lack of affordability for the most basic of healthcare services.

Shettima said: “It is a tall and tough task but where there is the will, there is always the way and one of these ways is partnership with General Electric in our very sincere bid to improve healthcare infrastructure in the region.” ‘’As we go towards implementation, we should bear in mind that the lives of many people in Northern Nigeria depend on how quickly we are able to continually improve access to quality and affordable healthcare. “Series of report by the World Health Organisation gives records of high maternal, infant and under five-old mortality in the northern population. “We have since resolved to productively invest on sound and measured basic education. We resolved to have strong bias for girl-child education.” “It is always a pleasure for me whenever I have something to do with General Electric.

This, of course, is for the simple reason that General Electric is sincere in partnerships, committed to pursuing goals and most importantly, very compassionate about supporting us to address key problems bedeviling us in Northern Nigeria. “In three successive years, I have been privileged to have productive affiliations with the General Electric. In October, 2015, I was present when the General Electric presented a cheque of millions dollars to the UNICEF, which at that time, was the highest private sector intervention in support of internally displaced persons in Borno State. “In November, 2016, I was mandated by my colleagues from the Northern Governors Forum to sign an MOU with the General Electric for the establishment of solar plants to generate combined electricity of 500 Megawatts from five States in Northern Nigeria. “In October, 2017, I am here again, to once again, on behalf of my colleagues, sign another MOU with General Electric for upgrade of healthcare infrastructures in Northern Nigeria.

“The Northern Governors Forum is absolutely committed to this partnership and we have supreme confidence in our selfless and versatile Malam Tanimu Yakubu Kurfi, who is heading the Northern Nigeria Global Economic Re-integration Programme which is the facilitator of today’s partnership.’’

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/50m-northerners-living-poverty-gov-shettima/

The problem is Only centred on toxic leadership,very shallow religious and socioeconomic mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by Samabu07(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2017
Upon all the years of having a Military power to rule. These politicians are our problems and not the common citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by Priest69(m): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2017
The poverty class favors them that's y it's been left like that. High povert rate means more funds from FG, international organizations, lower cutoff marks for education etc and all these funds are shared by the elite class who designed it that way.

4 Likes

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by PointB: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2017
Surely the Army should target their vaccination exercise here.
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by asawanathegreat(m): 9:57am On Oct 12, 2017
Una see una selves cow breast or fura no go allow una reason well on how to help una people.

1 Like

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 12, 2017
Why is this mofo complaining?
His aboki brothers looted all the money and used it to marry 13 year old girls.

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by chuckdee4(m): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2017
and we think tribalism is our first problem.
The reason this many people are living in poverty is as a result of their very own tribesmen

3 Likes

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by Emmah123: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2017
nurshah:

Poverty rate is o.1% wallahi you are indeed dumb ..very very dumb you are sooo silly that am shocked your kind exist ..clearly you are still in school or failed all your exams or even a drugee

Don Allah get off public forums .tsinane
you mean you can't recognise sarcasm in that comment ? Guy, you need help

5 Likes

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by Osashalom: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2017
Upon the number of presidents from the north so far.... Kwarupt people
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2017
50 million potential voters using stomach infrastructure procedures grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by buJu234: 10:17am On Oct 12, 2017
but why the cry..

u cant eat u cake and have at same time..

while others (like Israel, Ghana, Southern/western/eastern/middlebert Nigerians etc) including Islamic countries (like Turkey, UAE, Jordan, Lebanon, Iran, Oman, Indonesia, malaysia etc) were pursing advance knowledge; human development; education etc. they (Northern Nigerians) were pursing outdated Islamic knowledge & nepotism.

so today others are now reaping the fruits of their investment; they also Northern nigeria are reaping theirs which more of POVERTY..

simple as ABC; if they want to see wealth among the masses not the few elites let them change their strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by tishbite41(m): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2017
haha, dis is no news. it is an open secret. embrace Christianity and all will b well

1 Like

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by Adebowale89(m): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2017
they think fixing their people in ministries and govt agencies will make them wealth region before?

northern had many leaders who had governed this country than all southern regions join together and are still in abject poverty and Nigerians still expect this people to contribute to Nigeria development

tell me how would a region that refuse to developed theirselves would developed a whole nation? we really do have a long way to go with northern ruling this country
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by teflonjake(m): 10:23am On Oct 12, 2017
THEY WERE BORN INTO POVERTY, SO THEY SHOULD LIVE IN POVERTY......DONT GO AND WORK
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by PBundles(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2017
So true, Ive said all along there are no differences in religion or tribe in Nigeria, just the haves vs the havenots. The politicians have created an enemy among the ppl called tribalism and as long as stupidly focus on that, we wont see that they are robbing us blind. A poor Northerner suffers the same as a poor Southerner, dont be fooled.

saraki2019:
only te poor are maginalize
it is time we wake up
not only south east
not only in south west
not only in south west
not only in north
but all over nigeria
the ploiticians are united
they are all the same
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by thunderbabs: 10:24am On Oct 12, 2017
Fa Fa Foul...and who's responsible for dt?

Na we say mk dey no gree sit down for school?
Na we say mk d northern governors since independence not improve the lives of its pple?
Na we say mk una carry religion for head over education?
Na we say mk dey tk cattle rearing as more important to education?
Na we say mk una dey crave for fower and fower alone.....................?
Plz,............i dont have any phuck to give

Plz, you re responsible for ur problems most of the time.
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by kings09(m): 10:28am On Oct 12, 2017
zionmade1:
its a lie
North has the highest rate of wealthy people. Poverty rate in the north is 0.1%. Its only in SE that poverty rate is high thats why they need free medical care from python dancers.
Shettimma this is hate speech, u have crossed the national deadline and i hereby declare operation mosquito dance on borno state. How can u say that the owners of one nigeria live in poverty.

Na sarrki work i dey learn ooooo. being a zombie can be so sweet, no wonder sarrki has sworn to be an eternal zombie

up apc
sai buhari
sai chanjii
Madridguy sef follow . no forget am
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by newoffer: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2017
Lazy pipu. Una people don empty d country
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by borntosuccess(m): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2017
i think d army needs to give dem dat vaccine,ndi ala
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by borntosuccess(m): 10:32am On Oct 12, 2017
zionmade1:
its a lie
North has the highest rate of wealthy people. Poverty rate in the north is 0.1%. Its only in SE that poverty rate is high thats why they need free medical care from python dancers.
Shettimma this is hate speech, u have crossed the national deadline and i hereby declare operation mosquito dance on borno state. How can u say that the owners of one nigeria live in poverty.

Na sarrki work i dey learn ooooo. being a zombie can be so sweet, no wonder sarrki has sworn to be an eternal zombie

up apc
sai buhari
sai chanjii
why ar u pained na he jst said d truth
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by ACE1010: 10:32am On Oct 12, 2017
Who caused the poverty in the first?? Your guess is good as mine!!! wink wink wink wink
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by Nbote(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2017
sonature1:

Learn to write in correctly spelt English...especially when you are writing about EDUCATION.

So long as u understand my point, I really don't have any bleeps left 2 giv about wat u think. Remind me again wen U get ur punctuations ryt and wen I nid 2 draft u a formal letter.
Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by blowjob: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2017
BORN TO RULE DEY SUFFER,NORTH,DULL BRAINS,... angry angry

1 Like

Re: Over 50m Northerners Living In Poverty — Gov Shettima by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 12, 2017
I will keep on saying this . Northern NIgeria is The reason Nigeria is backward.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Despite Fight, Corruption Still Thrives In Nigeria, NBS Says / Vat Hike Will Impoverish Nigerians - Take It Back Movement / Drop In Power: How Is Power Supply In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.