Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! (6719 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Coping With A Beautiful, Loving, Helpful But A Nagging-Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by Boboribo: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2010
I just enjoy me sleep. My wife has since adjusted. How are you faring?
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by snowdrops(m): 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2010
Snoring is an impediment to partners sharing/sleeping in the same bedroom. Any partner that snores should seek help to stop or reduce the noise. At least everyone would be able to enjoy a good night sleep.

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by OEO: 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2010
After childbirth, my wife started snoring. I did not see any wrong in that, becos I know I am fully responsible 4 dat as she doesn't snore when we were courting and when I eventually maaried her.

I have learn't to cope with it.

My advice is that, don't always apportion blame to others, check yourself and see where you have contributed to the ill.

Love is all about tolerating and considering what others feeling might be.
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by megaangel: 11:35pm On May 04, 2010
@oeo, u r bein really considerate n dats totful of u,i started snorin sfter child birth as well and i know its as a result of some weight gain,i read galic eating helps with snorin but not eatin excessively,wat i do is tell my hubby 2 jus tap me wen i snore and i take a mor relaxd sleepin position,d garlic is helpin 4real but u dont have 2 eat excess as it has its side effects as well,
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by blank(f): 2:26am On Jun 01, 2010
It used to drive me crazy but i av learnt to live with it.
Sometimes, it still drives me nuts and i av to move to the parlour.
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by whizzykid: 11:16am On Jun 01, 2010
I think its important that one passes the message across appropriately to the partner concerned. Possibly jokingly, so that both parties can enjoy their living together rather than seeing it as a fault of the other. Things like this can bring low self esteem if not properly managed and thats the beginning of malice in the house.
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by Ranoscky(m): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2010
so long as we all are human being, who go say him/she never snore b4?
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by Fancier(f): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2010
I dont snore oooo

but have helped cousin of mine reduce or quite snoring by tapping her whenever she is snoring or pinch the nose a little then she will adjust her

sleeping position. Gradually she became concious of it herself and adjust whenever she is not sleeping in a better positin,
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by blank(f): 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
^^^^^^^

Your own is better.
At least it just takes for the person to adjust.
My husband needs surgery to correct it. When dey told me the cost, i said i go manage am. sad sad
Its not easy cos i am a lighr sleeper so dere r nights i dont sleep well but i av started coping.
If its too much, i leave d room, d only problem is dat 5 mins later, he comes to d parlour to join me. wink
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by Spyker: 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
Honestly, i can't be a partner to someone who snores, that would mean me loosing my sleep since i am not a deep sleeper. So, it is better we have separate rooms to help both of us (me especially) sleep.
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by coschuks(m): 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
the topic is boring, change topic plssssssssssss. snoring or no snoring, wetin concern me. snoring no dey my dictionary
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by bisiaet: 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2010
You may seek a medical help if that will help because so many things can leads to snoring beside you may have a separate room or as she is your wife you just need to accept it and live by it or might even be of help her to overcome it.

Though it is so disturbing but she is your wife yuu must learn how to carry on with her that may be her own weakness and as you know nobody is perfect. God bless
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by leadteam: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2010
Snooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed can be embarassing sometimes especially when ur wife or husband records it on his/her phone. By the way how can it be controlled. I've tried different sleeping positions but no diff. I am plum though,
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2010
We would live in different room.
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by wazobiang: 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2010
i don't know, i'm already asleep before i start snoring. i leave the coping to the rest of the world once i travel to snore land.
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by cibilola(f): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2010
i snore lightly, husband snores loads! sometimes i tap him, kick him, etc etc, i've even tried recording it on my phone grin I don't get offended though,
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by mojounited(m): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
Snoring can be very irritating/annoying to partners (especially those that sleep lightly), I have a friend who finds sleep easily (normally sleeps after lying for just 3 minutes on bed while it takes more than 30 minutes for me to sleep after falling in bed) and snores heavily too.

I do snore sometimes (not regularly though) but this happens after a very hectic day at work but I recently found a way of curbing it - by sticking my tongue to the upper part  of the mouth and making sure that all saliva content in that part of the mouth are sucked out and dry - not squeezing your mouth o; this will help mold/shape the mouth properly and keep it closed throughout the duration of sleep, as some researches reveal that keeping the mouth slightly open and breathing through it (mouth breathers) eventually leads to snoring.

Note: The above technique is very difficult as it inconveniences the mouth position when trying to sleep but I am only trying to help snorers on NL - what more can I do for my loffly NLanders? lipsrsealed undecided cool tongue

Mouth guards have even been produced to help mold/shape the mouth properly and keep the mouth closed and/or in a better position while sleeping to curb the ever increasing amount of snorers. see link below

http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/snoring/what_can_i_do_to_stop_snoring.php

http://www.ripsnore.co.uk/?gclid=CNTA4MyD_6ECFRkcawodbUAaGA
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by Ranoscky(m): 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2010
All the peeps wey dey pretend say dem no dey snore when sleepin, na una snore pass, una just dey shame to
talk am out.

I have a friend that said i sometymes snore when sleeping, and that he dosen't lyke peeps dat snore wen
sleeping never knowing that he does the worst. he snore's and also talks in the dream when sleeping, but i refused to tell him until he brought up the matter. he even said ever since he was born he has never snore, so i said ok cos i no i'll get him b'cos he goes to bed 1st. later in the night he when he was sleeping, i took my phone, placed it on record and kept it beside him. later sometyme he started snoring and it got to a stage that he stopped and started saying something, and this was what he was saying . . . "MUMMY HOW UNA DEY? HOW DADDY? . . .
HOW DEM CHIKWADO AND VINCENT? HOPE SAY EVERYBODY DEY FINE? I DEY MISS UNA WELL-WELL OO, E JUST BE LYKE SAY MAKE I COME BACK. GREET DEM MY FRIEND'S FOR ME O, TELL DEM SAY I DEY HAIL. OYA NA, I KNOW I CREDIT, I GO CALL U NENT TIME, BYE BYE." . . that was all what he said so when he woke up the next morning, the goodmorning i told him was to play the record for him. do u believe that after hearing everything he never talked to me again. he said that i'm monittoring him when his sleeping. this is someone that said i do snore sometymes when sleeping.   nobody is above snoring, it sometymes happen when someone did not position him/her self well when sleeping, all the partner need to do is tap the person and he or she will stop, thaz all.
Even till morrow, my GF snores but when i tap her she'll stop so i see no be deal on it AT-ALL.

Does that mean if a boy is dating a gurl and the boy snore's when sleeping, the gurl should break up? . . if she's asked what happened why she broke up with her boyfriend, she'll give that as an xcuse? . .  RUBBISH!!!
U NEVER WANT MARRY . . . WAIT UNTILL SAINT COME'S YOUR WAY!
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by mosun22: 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2010
wow, i tot am the only one who doesnt like some that snore, recently i went to ma bf apartment and he snore so lound i had to wake him up and he left the bedroom to the living room,, and i slept better, seriously i cant sleep where people snore
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by Undispu3rd(m): 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
my room mate is an unrepentant snorer. He takes offense if you dare him to adjust. It is so frustrating when he always starts snoring before he closes his eyes.

I tried to let him see reason but it seems he enjoys it. What can I do? I Can never get used to it and vow never to marry a snorer
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by johndavid1(m): 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2010
Undispu3rd:

my room mate is an unrepentant snorer. He takes offense if you dare him to adjust. It is so frustrating when he always starts snoring before he closes his eyes.

I tried to let him see reason but it seems he enjoys it. What can I do? I Can never get used to it and vow never to marry a snorer
just buy a super glue and silled his mouth grin grin grin
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by lastpage: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2010
Funny thing is that the "culprit" does not even know that he/she snores and would sometimes 'swear' to high heavens they dont grin

Like some peeps, l am a very light sleeper and the slightest sound will wake me up and God help me, l may never sleep again after that, for the night.
My 'sweetee' does not snore when we were courting and early marriage (sleeps light too) but the birth of our first child scattered all the "fancy" for us! angry
I can confirm that its that my lovely son that made 'Ma' to start snoring (and he complains of the snoring at times! shocked shocked )

Anyway, there was a time l fell ill and was operated on. On discharge, l slept and snored so loud it woke me up! Yes, l heard it in my sleep! grin grin

A few days later, my wifey said l should try not to snore and l said l would try but l guess my system wasn't in good shape yet and she complains again so l said "nna, no be only me dey snore now, u sef u be olympics champion! grin
As expected, she said "lai-lai, l dont snore!
To cut long story short, l stopped snoring after about two months! shocked but my wifey still snores so l asked her whether she still thinks she does not snore and as she said she has never snored so, l did something wrong: I recorded/videoed the evidence!
I dont think that was right, shouldn't have done it but it has also helped us to seek ways of assisting ourselves.

There is this small, silicone, C-shaped rubber that was patented in U.K. I bought it after reading the reviews and u just stick it into the two holes (nostrils) and thats it!
First, its made of silicone, very soft that you would hardly notice its there
Second, the ends are rounded and there is no risk of injury or discomfort at all
Thirdly, due to its C-shaped (like the nose-rings some use for fashion), u just need to stick it in when it time to really say good bye to your worldly worries and really have a nice sleep.

Its helped so much that l hardly hear any snore in my house and l keep two extras for anyone that l encounter, who snores and wont let me sleep grin grin  (Sharrap, l am referring to family members/friends, such a 'duurrtee' mind you have wink )

Best of all, its so cheap l agree that the "most wonderful things in life are free"! (less than 5Pound, 5Dollars or 5Euros!)

So, for those of you up there complaining about snoring, go get one for your spouse/friend and stop complaining

BTW: Dont ever argue when told you snore, you actually wont know cos u do it only when u'r completely fagged-out and fast asleep.
I guess thats what child-birth does to women at times?  
Sorry, my sisters, its one of those things .
And anyone can start snoring at any time, even YOU!
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by johndavid1(m): 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2010
lastpage:

Funny thing is that the "culprit" does not even know that he/she snores and would sometimes 'swear' to high heavens they dont grin

Thats very correct!!
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by cold(m): 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2010
Do we have two mods flexing muscles?How come there are two topics on the same issue on the homepage on the same day  
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by johndavid1(m): 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2010
cold:

Do we have two mods flexing muscles?How come there are two topics on the same issue on the homepage on the same day  
Because you snore grin grin grin
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by cold(m): 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2010
john david:

Because you snore grin grin grin

Of course i do especially when heavily sedated by alchohol but wat has that got to do with having the same topic posted twice on the home page.Somebody is sleeping on his/her job.
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2010
Solution

Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by lagoschic2: 8:12pm On Jun 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Solution

EVIL grin grin grin
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by blank(f): 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2010
@ Lastpage, wish u could say the name of that stuff and where to get it so dat i can sleep well again.
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by alienYOUTH(m): 11:33pm On Jun 01, 2010
Funny this topic shld come up cos this phenomenon has bn plaguing me for sometime now.

i snore like california on fire embarassed, my wife comments tho but luckily she's d type that falls asleep as soon as her head hits d bunk; on d other hand it usually takes sometime b4 i catch dat comet 2 dreamland. What intrigues me is dat i'm not "fat" and i dont drink/smoke so i wonder why i snore (tho my mum snores so maybe it's hereditary)

I believe when it comes 2 couples, there just has 2 b a compromise somewhere, i dont usually sleep well when i'm in d same room wit my wife cos i'm always cautious of snoring, besides, my wife likes d hard bed, i prefer d soft one so i mostly sleep wit d kids where i can snore up a storm and they wont even comprehend wassup.

Maybe there culd be some home remedy for us here in 9ja that wuld work aight, as for d garlic, i believe dat solutn is worse than d problem. tongue
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by cold(m): 12:40am On Jun 02, 2010
This is all the help you need-http://www.helpsstopsnoring.co.uk/
Re: How Is Your Wife Or Hubby Coping With You Snoring! by vasill(m): 4:46am On Jun 02, 2010
pls can anybody in d houz, kindly show me what 2 do when I need 2 send a topic. Plzzzzzzz.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Is Flirting.... / I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... / I'm Pregnant Again!! Need Moral Support!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.