Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

After Qualifying for Russia 2018 World Cup; Fifa Fine Nigeria $31,000 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / After Qualifying for Russia 2018 World Cup; Fifa Fine Nigeria $31,000 (679 Views)

Adidas Unveils Balls For Russia 2018 World Cup / Chuka Iwobi: Alex Iwobi's Father Celebrates His Son Over Russia 2018 World Cup / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Qualifying for Russia 2018 World Cup; Fifa Fine Nigeria $31,000 by JoshuaKay(m): 7:52am On Oct 12, 2017
World football governing body, FIFA hammer has fallen on erring nations including Nigeria for various offences ranging for crowd disorders, encroachment on field of plays and gay slurs. FIFA in a release yesterday made available to Blueprint Sports yesterday fi ned Nigeria $31,000 for crowd disorder during last month’s World Cup qualifier against Cameroon in Uyo, which the Super Eagles won 4-0. Zambia must pay US$7,000 after their fans threw objects when they played Algeria in Lusaka.

Morocco’s punishment of US$3,000 and a warning was given after spectators whistled during the national anthem ahead of their match against Mali in Rabat. Both Burkina Faso and Senegal were issued warnings for delayed kick-off s in their matches against each other on 2 and 5 September respectively. And South Africa’s Erick Mulomowandau Mathoho had his suspension for a straight red card against Cape Verde increased from one match to two and also fi ned US$5,000. He was dismissed in Praia for kicking out at an opponent after the ball had already gone into touch and missed the return match a few days later through suspension. The increased ban means Bafana Bafana coach Stuart Baxter had to drop him from his squad to face visiting Burkina Faso on Saturday.

Other countries that received FIFA sledge hammer include Germany who were fi ned 32,000 Swiss francs($33,000) because fans chanted Nazi slogans at a World Cup qualifying game in the Czech Republic. “The range of charges against Germany included fans encroaching on the fi eld and setting off fi reworks at the game in Prague,” FIFA said. About 200 German supporters chanted slogans during their team’s 2-1 win and verbally abused one of the scorers Timo Werner. FIFA also fi ned the Czech federation 5,000 Swiss francs ($5,150) for crowd disorder. FIFA’s attempts to crack down on fans chanting gay slurs saw seven national federations fi ned for incidents. Argentina was ordered to pay 65,000 Swiss francs ($67,000), Panama 50,000 Swiss francs ($51,500), and Hungary 20,000 Swiss francs ($20,600).

Source: http://allnews.uodoo.com/en-ng/detail/3168320927591667?uc_param_str=dnfrpfbivesscpgimibtbmntnijblauputoggdnw&app=browser_push&uc_biz_str=action%3Abase.openwindow%7Cparam%3AS.object=infoflow%3BS.token=1002%3BS.scene=1002%3Bl.channel=10069901%3Bend&entry1=push&entry2=auto&msgfrom=&msgid=1739310891752624128&isforce=0

Re: After Qualifying for Russia 2018 World Cup; Fifa Fine Nigeria $31,000 by michiyke2003(m): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2017
I am not surpise about the crowd disorder issue,so Fifa is expecting crowd inorder in Nigeria when our visitors think they are here to misbehave?. They haven't seen it yet because South Africans and other African countries think they can intimidate Nigerians anyhow,you can insult us in your country but if you try it here then you are on your own bcaus we may be divided as a people but will stick together as a country to bully anyone that tries to humiliate us in Nigeria. If not because of the bad leaders this country had produced no African state will dare insult Nigerians letalone touching them.

1 Like

Re: After Qualifying for Russia 2018 World Cup; Fifa Fine Nigeria $31,000 by divinebet: 8:02am On Oct 12, 2017
FIFA nor just know get this one at all see as them bill all the nations, it seems the body needs some cash I think because I did not see any crowd misorder in our match against Cameroun oo
Re: After Qualifying for Russia 2018 World Cup; Fifa Fine Nigeria $31,000 by naijawisdom(m): 8:07am On Oct 12, 2017
indirect way to extort money
Re: After Qualifying for Russia 2018 World Cup; Fifa Fine Nigeria $31,000 by JoshuaKay(m): 8:12am On Oct 12, 2017
divinebet:
FIFA nor just know get this one at all see as them bill all the nations, it seems the body needs some cash I think because I did not see any crowd misorder in our match against Cameroun oo

E con still be like say dem dey fine the countries as dem take get money reach.
Na real maadness dey worry them.
Needless to say, FIFA is greedy!
Re: After Qualifying for Russia 2018 World Cup; Fifa Fine Nigeria $31,000 by JoshuaKay(m): 8:15am On Oct 12, 2017
Hmm, about that still thinking...

michiyke2003:
I am not surpise about the crowd disorder issue,so Fifa is expecting crowd inorder in Nigeria when our visitors think they are here to misbehave?. They haven't seen it yet because South Africans and other African countries think they can intimidate Nigerians anyhow,you can insult us in your country but if you try it here then you are on your own bcaus we may be divided as a people but will stick together as a country to bully anyone that tries to humiliate us in Nigeria. If not because of the bad leaders this country had produced no African state will dare insult Nigerians letalone touching them.
Re: After Qualifying for Russia 2018 World Cup; Fifa Fine Nigeria $31,000 by princealexndre(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2017
I will see how they will fine Russia.... It would be a disaster.

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Writes Letter To His 103-year-old 'girlfriend' On Her Birthday / Champions League Last 16 Draw: Unai Emery Reacts To Real Madrid Vs PSG / Pls I Need An Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.