Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

BREAKING: I Approved NNPC Contracts, Says Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I Approved NNPC Contracts, Says Osinbajo (502 Views)

NNPC Contracts: Office Of The Vice President Press Release / Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts But Two Loans / KACHIKWU,BARU FEUD: It Was Me Who Approved The NNPC Contracts –osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1)

BREAKING: I Approved NNPC Contracts, Says Osinbajo by AceKid(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
BREAKING: I approved NNPC contracts, says Osinbajo

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says he approved contracts of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) when President Muhammadu Buhari was on medical vacation in the UK.

Ibe Kachikwu, minister of state for petroleum resources, had accused Maikanti Baru, group managing director (GMD) of the NNPC, of awarding contracts without due process, an allegation that the corporation denied.

But in a series of tweets on Thursday, Laolu Akande, spokesman of the vice-president, said Osinbajo approved the contracts as part of necessary actions to deal with a backlog of unpaid cash calls and incentivise investments.

“In response to media inquiries on NNPC joint venture financing, VP Osinbajo, as Ag President approved recommendations after due diligence & adherence to established procedure. Action necessary to deal with huge backlog of unpaid cash calls which Buhari adm. inherited and also to incentivize much needed fresh investments in the oil & gas sector,” he tweeted.

More to follow…

source: https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-i-approved-nnpc-contracts-says-osinbajo

Re: BREAKING: I Approved NNPC Contracts, Says Osinbajo by apuski2(m): 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
LIARS AND THIEVES. ITS A PITY WHERE WE ARE HEADING AS A NATION
Re: BREAKING: I Approved NNPC Contracts, Says Osinbajo by Mynd44: 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2017

(1)

Osibanjo Who Directed Baru To Kachikwu, Also Approved #650bil Without Kachikwu? / Nigeria Does Not Need Restructuring - Lawal Kaita / The Nation Nigeria Sukuk Bond: 10 Contractors Get N100b For 25 Road Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.