Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers (1948 Views)

Atiku Reacts As BBC Exposes Sex-for-grades Nigerian Lecturers / BBC Exposes Buhari Lies About Defeating Boko Haram With Facts And Figures / Who Allowed These Kids To Go Home? Their Teachers Needs To Be Arrested!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Francis5: 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nigeria schools: Kaduna primary teachers fail pupils' exam

Thousands of primary school teachers in Nigeria's northern Kaduna state are to be sacked after failing the exams they set for their six-year-old pupils.

State governor Nasir El-Rufai said 21,780 teachers, two-thirds of the total, had failed to score 75% or higher on assessments given to pupils.
He said 25,000 new teachers would be recruited to replace them.

Mr El-Rufai made the comments at a meeting with World Bank representatives in the state capital, Kaduna.
"The hiring of teachers in the past was politicised and we intend to change that by bringing in young and qualified primary school teachers to restore the dignity of education in the state," he was quoted as saying by Nigeria's Daily Trust newspaper.

Mr El-Rufai said problems with pupil-teacher ratios across the state would also be addressed.
He said some areas currently had one teacher for every nine pupils while in other areas the ratio was one to 100

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41576869
Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Francis5: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
These are the same people who will become your presidents in the next few years. Dead country with half-dead people all over.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by PointB: 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hehehehe

How won't they fail miserably when they have conspired to lower the bar to almost zero.

This is what happens when a child in Zamfara can get admission with a score 5, whereas the counterpart in Enugu is not admitted even if he scores well over 100.

This is doom!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by babatawa(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
iz a simple sturvs..
the teachers were only testing the guv'nor cheesy

1 Like

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Francis5: 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
The north is holding Nigeria back big time, and regardless of what is done, until they know their place and accept to be helped by the south, they are DOA. At the same time, the South needs to assert itself and its rightful position. But I guess division among you southern ''idiots'', especially the Afonja muslims, is your bane, allowing for ''humans'' to be led by ''cows''.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by oz4real83(m): 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
This is why anything called ''quota system'' should be scrapped. Meritocracy should take precedence over quota system.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
It is throughout Nigeria even it is more pronounced in Lagos state where teachers are employed by politicians

2 Likes

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by DanseMacabre(m): 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nawa for this your headline and the news wey follow am o.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Francis5: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Nawa for this your headline and the news wey follow am o.

Read the content, not the headline. This is the reason people like you fail exams.
Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Paperwhite(m): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2017
That is how the products of quota system destroyed Nigeria.Boko(education) is Haram(an abomination) to the average core northerner.Meanwhile the British esp.Lord Lugard will forever remained cursed for yoking me with these barbaric humanity. angry
Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by GameGod(m): 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
So kaduna now represent the whole North? Dumb illiterates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Francis5: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
GameGod:
So kaduna now represent the whole North? Dumb illiterates.

Duh! Kaduna is the most enlightened state in the North. So if it's so in Kaduna, then it's more so in other States. Of course, states like Kwara, Benue, and Plateau have a different mentality from the Mullahs in the other northern states: they may be located in the North, but they are different.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by T9ksy(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Francis5:
The north is holding Nigeria back big time, and regardless of what is done, until they know their place and accept to be helped by the south, they are DOA. At the same time, the South needs to assert itself and its rightful position. But I guess division among you southern ''idiots'', especially the Afonja muslims, is your bane.

Hell no, the north don't your bloody help. Leave them to develop at their own pace.

The "Afonja muslims" are not your problem so why don't you do us all a favour and focus on your own osu worries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Francis5: 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
T9ksy:

Hell no, the north don't your bloody help. Leave them to develop at their own pace.

The "Afonja muslims" are not your problem so why don't you do us all a favour and focus on your own osu worries.

Did you just say I should leave them to develop at their own pace? Have they left me to develop at my own pace? How come I score 200 in a national exam and yet I cannot develop at my pace by being able to attend school with my higher score, but I am delayed because I have to make space to accommodate someone who scored 20 in the same exam?

You are an Afonja hypocrite!! I piss on you.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by GavelSlam: 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
Francis5:

Duh! Kaduna is the most enlightened state in the North. So if it's so in Kaduna, then it's more so in other States. Of course, states like Kwara, Benue, and Plateau have a different mentality from the Mullahs in the other northern states: they may be located in the North, but they are different.
What statistics did you use in making such a sweeping statement?
Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by BMZK: 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
El Rufai is looking into the root cause of education challenges to address the issue in Kaduna.
Accepting and acknowledging the problem is the beginning of the solution.
He tweeted it himself on the public domain for everybody to see so that enemies of progress will not come here to crucify him by the time he starts sacking those good for nothing teachers. There is nothing like "BBC exposes Northern future leaders" as insinuated by the title of this thread.

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by T9ksy(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
Francis5:

Did you just say I should leave them to develop at their own pace? Have they left me to develop at my own pace? How come I score 200 in a national exam and yet I cannot develop at my pace by being able to attend school with my higher score, but I am delayed because I have to make space to accommodate someone who scored 20 in the same exam?

You are an Afonja hypocrite!! I piss on you.

Go and piss on the grave of your forefathers who insisted on One nigeria with the northerners.

Stay in your region and develop at your bleeping pace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Francis5:
The north is holding Nigeria back big time, and regardless of what is done, until they know their place and accept to be helped by the south, they are DOA. At the same time, the South needs to assert itself and its rightful position. [s]But I guess division among you southern ''idiots'', especially the Afonja muslims, is your bane, allowing for ''humans'' to be led by ''cows''[/s].

No need for name calling. Focus on the great point you made. The North must take a back seat and tutelage position for Nigeria to move forward. I have pondered this issue and come to the same conclusion myself.
Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Francis5: 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
T9ksy:

Go and piss on the grave of your forefathers who insisted on One nigeria with the northerners.

Stay in your region and develop at your bleeping pace.

Ode! They don't want to ''stay'' in their region. They want to ''OWN'' their region and develop it at their own pace. Go it?
Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by joeyfire(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
GavelSlam:

What statistics did you use in making such a sweeping statement?

Stats are everywhere. Take WAEC for example. Kaduna leads all other northern states in 2017 coming in 11th place
Re: BBC Exposes Northern Nigerian Future Leaders And Their Teachers by Francis5: 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
joeyfire:

Stats are everywhere. Take WAEC for example. Kaduna leads all other northern states in 2017 coming in 11th place
Don't mind the ostrich. Let them live and die in denial

(1) (Reply)

Atiku To Appoint Davido Youth Minister If Elected President / Proof That Buhari Will Win The Election Without "Rigging" / Uche Nwosu's Congratulatory Message To President That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.