Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D (4359 Views)

Nigeria’s Top Politicians With A History Of Spreading Fake News / For The First Time Since The Year 930 A.D, Masjid Al Haram In Mecca Is Silent / Ekiti Lawmaker Elect In Efon, Adegoke Olajide Appreciates Electorate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 4:54am On Oct 13, 2017
A History of Efon-Alaaye Kingdom from 1180 A.D.:
A Study in Militarism Heroism and Adventurism

Start Reading Free Sample Here:
https://read.amazon.ca/kp/kshare?asin=B075NQXPN7&id=VSdoqIWPQHurnn2RuNMvlQ&reshareId=MEH6T54JFSSNK08E43PX&reshareChannel=system

Prince Adebanji Aladejare was born in È̩fòn-Aláayè Kingdom, he was one of the grandsons of Oba Solomon Aladejare I. His book, " A History of Efon-Alaaye Kingdom from 1180 A.D. to Present Day: A Study in Militarism Heroism and Adventurism" was released on July 11, 2017. Moreover, this the first time an attempt has been made to write a comprehensive history of È̩fòn kingdom that is one of the main reasons why the author, Prince Adébánjí Táiwò Aládéjàre considers this book as his Magnum Opus (Masterpiece). Personally, this book has been very insightful and at the same time impactful to me and I hope you also find it helpful. Moreover, the author is an accomplished historian; he attained his first degree in Economics and his Master’s degree in Political Science and International Relations from the prestigious University of Manitoba, Canada. After attainment of the Golden Fleece in Canada, he returned to Nigeria in 1981 and subsequently commenced work on this historical book around 1983.

Spanish-American philosopher George Santayana observed that those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Likewise, it was the author’s subscription to the “School of Thought” that understanding of the past is necessary before one can fully understands the present, or venture into the future that informed his decision to work on this essential and historical È̩fòn book. Furthermore, in this scholarly book, Prince Adébánjí Táiwò Aládéjàre gives us a refreshing new look at the glorious past of È̩fòn-Aláayè Kingdom, her customs including spirituality, indigenous judiciary and pre-colonial administrative system, which could be said has a resemblance of a modern federalism. He also eloquently narrated the numerous wars fought by the adventurous È̩fòn army and elucidated È̩fòn’s interrelationship with other Yorùbá towns and city-states. Moreover, even though it is an established African truism that Character is not innate, the author demonstrated clearly in this book that the gene of militarism, heroism, and adventurism was indeed transmitted from one generation to another.
It is also worthy of note that the progenitor of È̩fòn kingdom, Odùdù-Ọ̀runkú, the first Aláyè of Ìráyè was one of the grandsons of Odùduwà. However, according to È̩fòn history, it is a well-known fact that Ọba (King) Ìjì-È̩mígùn founded the present Èfòn kingdom and not Ọbalúfòn Aláayèmọrẹ́ as it is popularly cited by some historical accounts.

In the 17th Century, È̩fòn Kingdom was the greatest Military power in Èkìtì land. The mighty army of Èfòn vanquished several Kingdoms in Èkìtì. According to È̩fòn Oral tradition, the Kingdom had 12 sub-towns under the suzerainty of the Aláyè of Èfòn. È̩fòn, serving in her role as a suzerain provides military assistance when called upon by the sub-town under its suzerainty. Additionally, È̩fòn also provide military assistance to other Èkìtì countries and allied city-states that send emissaries to Aláyè for military support. At the height of the sanguinary internecine wars of the 19th century, È̩fòn was going to war almost every 6 years. È̩fòn war boys as they are fondly called were famed for being brave, adventurous with remarkable marksmanship. The hard-hitting È̩fòn infantry soldiers are so fearless that they will take the field against formidable cavalry soldiers. Furthermore, since it is said to be a taboo to run from war, È̩fòn army is renowned for using its rugged topography to its advantage and any other tool in her arsenal to outfox and circumvent an invading army. Moreover, descendants of È̩fòn warriors are also warlike and adventurous. During the Second World War and the Nigerian Civil War, È̩fòn indigenes led other Èkìtì towns in the enrollment of strong men into the colonial and Nigerian Army respectively; many soldiers of È̩fòn descent were decorated with Military medals of bravery during the Nigerian Civil War, Military Campaigns in Burma, India and Japan.

In the ancient times, the people of È̩fòn were renowned throughout Yorùbá land and beyond for their remarkable skill in the art of medicine. Actually, the word Èfòn was synonymous to the vocation of Medicine. There is hardly any Yorùbá town in the olden days without an È̩fòn medicine practitioner. Fast forward to the dawn of British Colonialism in the interior of Yorùbáland and subsequent induction of Western Medicine, history has again repeated itself, as there is ample proof to demonstrate that per-capita, È̩fòn is one of the foremost towns in Yorùbáland where many highly skilled medical doctors originate from.

Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 13, 2017
Nice. Nigeria needs more historical works like this.

1 Like

Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 5:25am On Oct 13, 2017
First of all, if you are a lover of great adventure story and history, this is definitely a treat you would need. I have always found it fascinating to understand the story of humankind and how they came to be. This book “A History Of Efon-Alaaye Kingdom” is a must read for all, for it has this wonderful description of the Efon people in Ekiti Nigeria, including their source, their history and their journey to becoming who they are today. As the title suggests, the genre is adventure and history, in which we are taken through a fascinating unraveling of the adventures and histories of the Effon-Alaaye Kingdom and their industry. I will admit that suspense and tension filled me as I read through on the king’s adventure into the forbidden forest, one believed to host malevolent anti-gods. I could almost figure the king and the prophets walk through into the forest, just as if I were with them. What a daring persons! Should I shut “do not dare!”? But I am just a reader. I cannot get to the characters.

Call this book a nourishing piece of information, well contemplated, composed and laid down for us to feed upon, and drinking from powerful and articulate descriptions, fill us with inspiring information about this kingdom. Much has been shared here about the development of the economy of these people, about the daring nature of the people, and dangerous war adventures.
Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 6:38am On Oct 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 13, 2017
Adebanji1950:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlUD4jkfKEI

Does it have a Kindle version? If yes, can you post the link so I can buy a copy?
Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 7:25am On Oct 13, 2017
Check this out: A History Of Efon-Alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D. To Present Day: A... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NQXPN7/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_awdb_FUf4zbVR6HSZJ

That is the Kindle version, thanks.
Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
More pix

Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2017
Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 5:10am On Oct 18, 2017
Adebanji Aladejare - Author

Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 5:19am On Oct 18, 2017
Prince Adebanji Aladejare -Author

Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Adebanji1950: 6:19am On Oct 28, 2017
Author: Prince Adebanji Aladejare

Re: A History Of Efon-alaaye Kingdom From 1180 A.D by Justiceleague1: 7:21am On Oct 28, 2017
My once beloved ppl
cry

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen Any Atiku Campaign Poster In Anypart Of Southwest Region / Lawan Seeks EU Support On Agric Products’ Exportation / Dear Ndigbo Here, Enough Of All These Shameless Threads in this section!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.