Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,562 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

What Are The Signs That You Are Wasting Your Life? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Signs That You Are Wasting Your Life? (758 Views)

3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job / 5 Tell Signs That Scream “You Need A New Job.” / 10 Glaring Signs That You Are Being Underpaid (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Signs That You Are Wasting Your Life? by valkaka(m): 3:19am On Oct 14, 2017
1)Dwelling on the past. I don’t know about you, but I can’t time-travel to my past and make it better. Focus on what you can do right now to improve your life. Let bygones be bygones.

2).Engaging in meaningless arguments. Some people will bring you down to their level and defeat you at that particular level. “Pick your “wars” wisely.” — Sun Tzu.

3)Scrolling social media endlessly. Do you think you can scroll to the bottom of your news feed? No. I’ve tried that. It’s okay to catch up with friends through social media but don’t let it consume your life.

4)Deciding trivial matters. If Mark Zuckerberg spends 20 minutes on his wardrobe every day, we wouldn’t have Facebook today.

5)Oversleeping. Sleeping is vital, but don’t overdo it. Even though you’ve worked hard and deserve a rest, oversleeping isn’t the right way to pamper yourself. Substitute oversleeping with hobbies or activities that you enjoy doing.

6)Planning too much. Similarly, planning is important. Failing to plan is planning to fail. But planning too much could be procrastination in disguise. If you spend more time planning than executing, you’re probably planning too much.

7)Spend time with the wrong people. Some people bring you up. Some pull you down. Spend time with the former. “You're The Average Of The Five People You Spend The Most Time With” -- Jim Rohn.

coolThinking about how others think about you. You should value people’s feedback, but don’t live your life with the goal to please people. That’s worse than slavery.

9)Helping extremely negative people. Some people are so negative that they suck all your energy like a black hole. If you’re not careful, soon you will be as negative and helpless as them without even knowing why. don't Sacrifice for nothing. I’ve been there…

10)Trying to change someone. It’s easier to reach the Moon than to change someone. If you feel someone has to change, try to change your views or opinions about them. That’s much more doable and you will feel better too.

11)Attending events that aren’t helpful. Don’t worry, you don’t have to attend every event. No one actually expects you to do so. Take it easy. Overcome that fear of missing out.

12)Worrying about future. Again, focus on what you can do right now to improve your life. Worry does nothing but steals the present moment away from you. If you think you deserve a better future, work on them instead of worrying about them.

Last but not least…
Not paying attention to anything you do. No matter what you do, you’re somewhat wasting your time if you don’t pay attention to it. If you’re reading a book while thinking about the live soccer match, it’s better to simply watch the live match and return to reading with full attention later. Attention is scarce today. If you can focus on one thing at a time, you can go truly far.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Signs That You Are Wasting Your Life? by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2017
valkaka:
1)Dwelling on the past. I don’t know about you, but I can’t time-travel to my past and make it better. Focus on what you can do right now to improve your life. Let bygones be bygones.

2).Engaging in meaningless arguments. Some people will bring you down to their level and defeat you at that particular level. “Pick your “wars” wisely.” — Sun Tzu.

3)Scrolling social media endlessly. Do you think you can scroll to the bottom of your news feed? No. I’ve tried that. It’s okay to catch up with friends through social media but don’t let it consume your life.

4)Deciding trivial matters. If Mark Zuckerberg spends 20 minutes on his wardrobe every day, we wouldn’t have Facebook today.

5)Oversleeping. Sleeping is vital, but don’t overdo it. Even though you’ve worked hard and deserve a rest, oversleeping isn’t the right way to pamper yourself. Substitute oversleeping with hobbies or activities that you enjoy doing.

6)Planning too much. Similarly, planning is important. Failing to plan is planning to fail. But planning too much could be procrastination in disguise. If you spend more time planning than executing, you’re probably planning too much.

7)Spend time with the wrong people. Some people bring you up. Some pull you down. Spend time with the former. “You're The Average Of The Five People You Spend The Most Time With” -- Jim Rohn.

coolThinking about how others think about you. You should value people’s feedback, but don’t live your life with the goal to please people. That’s worse than slavery.

9)Helping extremely negative people. Some people are so negative that they suck all your energy like a black hole. If you’re not careful, soon you will be as negative and helpless as them without even knowing why. don't Sacrifice for nothing. I’ve been there…

10)Trying to change someone. It’s easier to reach the Moon than to change someone. If you feel someone has to change, try to change your views or opinions about them. That’s much more doable and you will feel better too.

11)Attending events that aren’t helpful. Don’t worry, you don’t have to attend every event. No one actually expects you to do so. Take it easy. Overcome that fear of missing out.

12)Worrying about future. Again, focus on what you can do right now to improve your life. Worry does nothing but steals the present moment away from you. If you think you deserve a better future, work on them instead of worrying about them.

Last but not least…
Not paying attention to anything you do. No matter what you do, you’re somewhat wasting your time if you don’t pay attention to it. If you’re reading a book while thinking about the live soccer match, it’s better to simply watch the live match and return to reading with full attention later. Attention is scarce today. If you can focus on one thing at a time, you can go truly far.
angry

Sarrki.... you're guity of almost all.
Re: What Are The Signs That You Are Wasting Your Life? by sarrki(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2017
NgcoboP:
angry

Sarrki.... you're guity of almost all.

I am not ipob member

The above goes with Igbos and online supporters
Re: What Are The Signs That You Are Wasting Your Life? by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2017
cry cry cry
Re: What Are The Signs That You Are Wasting Your Life? by Elthugnificent(m): 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
Interesting read.

(1) (Reply)

Hello!! Do You Have Any Graphics Design, Data Entry, E.T. C Job For Me? / I Saw This I Couldn't Help But Laugh. Though I Had A Mixed Feeling / Verified Nigeria Customs Service Past Questions And Answers | PDF Download Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.