Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari (580 Views)

FG To Construct Coastal Rail That Will Terminate In Onitsha / FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. / American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari by Factfinder1(m): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2017
President Buhari on Friday assured stakeholders from the South East that the region will benefit more from roads and coastal rail projects, which are of critical importance to the economy.

Speaking at an audience with leaders from the region led by the Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, the President declared that 2nd Niger Bridge, the East-West Road and the Coastal rail project, are receiving utmost attention from his administration.

The President said counterpart funding from the Chinese government would substantially fund these projects, which when completed will improve the welfare, well-being and economy of the people in the region.

``I know the Chinese are very competent in handling such projects and we will ensure that we get the money for the projects to take off. I thank you for articulating your demands and I want to assure that we are doing our best for the country. If we can stop people from stealing, then there will be more resources to put into projects that will create employment for Nigerians,’’ the President said.

Responding to allegations of under-representation of Igbos in his government, the President said: "I gave south-east four substantive ministers in the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Investment, Science and Technology and Labour. Seven states in the North got Ministers of State and of the two Ministries headed by your sons, I cannot take any decision on foreign policy and investments without their input,’’ he said.

The President also promised the leaders, comprising governors and ministers from the region, the President of Ohaneze, Chief Nnia Nwodo and representatives from the National Assembly, that he will visit states in the zone soon.

"I want to assure you that I came into government with a clear conscience and I will also leave with a clear conscience,’’ he said.

Source http://ogashub.com.ng/south-east-will-benefit-road-coastal-rail-projects-president-buhari/

Re: South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari by HungerBAD: 7:45am On Oct 14, 2017
True.

I know you mean well for Nigeria,the East inclusive. But these guys will never appreciate anything you do.

They have Ministers,Deputy Senate President, Governors and Heads of Governmental Parastatals,and yet instead of them holding those people accountable, they will leave them and look for their favourite target(Buhari) to pour their misguided hatred on.

Until the rest of us Nigerians gather everything we have worked for and give it to the East for free, they will never be satisfied.

These guys make Oliver Twist look like a learner.

Onyeka Nwelue is a young Eastern writer i respect a lot and follow on Facebook too,and some weeks ago he rightly said something about the Igbo man,and i quote him.

"An average Igbo man can never be satisfied until he has collected what belongs to his neighbour"

Never has a truer word being said.

Kudos Onyeka Nwelue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari by sarrki(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Our Igbo brothers knows

We are all praying for better Nigeria

I believe pmb will do it

Please inform and report any Igbos members to the Python team

Or the nearest police station

They are persona non grata

1 Like

Re: South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari by Factfinder1(m): 8:45am On Oct 14, 2017
Mynd44
Re: South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari by HungerBAD: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2017
Seun Lalasticlacla Mynd44 does Buhari mean well?

3 Likes

Re: South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari by shaneroberts26: 9:23am On Oct 14, 2017
HungerBAD:
True.

I know you mean well for Nigeria,the East inclusive. But these guys will never appreciate anything you do.

They have Ministers,Deputy Senate President, Governors and Heads of Governmental Parastatals,and yet instead of them holding those people accountable, they will leave them and look for their favourite target(Buhari) to pour their misguided hatred on.

Until the rest of us Nigerians gather everything we have worked for and give it to the East for free, they will never be satisfied.

These guys make Oliver Twist look like a learner.

Onyeka Nwelue is a young Eastern writer i respect a lot and follow on Facebook too,and some weeks ago he rightly said something about the Igbo man,and i quote him.

"An average Igbo man can never be satisfied until he has collected what belongs to his neighbour"

Never has a truer word being said.

Kudos Onyeka Nwelue.

Your posts are always immature and senseless.
Re: South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari by Kingsley1000(m): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2017
sai baba till 2023
Re: South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari by Omeokachie: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2017
Trying to climb down his high horse...

Talk is cheap, and we are conscious of the fact that election is around the corner.

Are these projects included in the 2017 budget, or just an after-thought?

How long would it take to build rail lines, the 2nd niger bridge, and the super highways?

Is the intention to include it in the 2018 budget? From the history of this administration, how long on the average does it take to pass a budget?

With less than 1 1/2 years to the end of his administration, the president is suddenly talking about the 'nice to have' projects in the SE that he has refused to visit since coming into office some 2 1/2yrs ago.

Not everyone is gullible to get excited with a man whose first comment was to pledge not to treat sections of the country equally in appointments/projects (97% vs 5%).

We dont need any ground breaking gimmick like the Ogoni clean-up project. Save your sermons and use your achievements to campaign in 2019, not promises which you will quickly deny like the 2015 electoral ones.

1 Like

Re: South-east Will Benefit More From Road And Coastal Rail Projects - Buhari by Bolustical: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2017
When the Igbos that were everywhere during GEJ's administration and the Yorubas were nowhere to be seen, they looked the other way. Ohaneze kept mute, the Igbo intellectual ignored.

Now the Igbos are blaming Yorubas for not speaking up against the so-called injustice. They should even be grateful they are getting appointments despite not voting the President.

Recall that the only state GEJ lost in the South West in 2011 was Osun, not mentioning the fact that it was the same Yorubas that fought for him when Turai Yaradua took over power. When Tunde Bakare, Prof Wole Soyinka and the Save Nigeria Group were fighting for the just cause, there's no record of any Ndigbos outrage against the cabal denying GEJ of the Ag. President.

Igbos like blackmailing others and trying to reap where they didn't sow.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Everything That Happened In Court Today / Biafra:trump To Send Nikky Haley, To Nigeria As Buhari Was Accused Of Genocide. / Another Pdp House Of Representatives Member Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.