Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) (20855 Views)

The Experience Gospel Concert 2022 Holds In Lagos Today / Anambra’s Largest Gospel Music Fiesta, 'Expression' Holds In Awka(photos) / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by doyinbaby(f): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2017
Mary is dead...she cannot answer prayers.....she cannot forgive sins.....only God answer prayer (if prayed in the name of Jesus)
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Collyno82(m): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2017
doyinbaby:
gbam.....your head dey there.....Mary is dead and long gone
......don't mind all these deluded Mary worshippers....they are difficult to convince
gbam u spoke my mind

1 Like

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Greenrevolt(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy you have solidly thrashed all the roaming catholics that came against you. Pls can you throw more light on what you think to be true on the Woman called Mary? If one is to be advised to join a church of true Christians who solely abide by the word of the God. Which church will you suggest for me? Do I even need to go to church anymore??
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
velai:
The truth is bitter. But accept it.
keep wallowing in ignorance.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Andy2274: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Bro, I believe I can win souls. Muslims, Catholics, pastor worshippers and lazy Christians are those I will strive to convert. Please, if you don't want to be saved, fine, but don't use your own to block others from seeing the Light of His Goodness. If you want to continue in your idolatry, then, so be it. But, don't try to stop others from seeing the truth.

The Catholic Church is evil. The only positives are her unrivaled humanitarian works, her Franciscan monks and Pope Francis. I know that Pope Francis knows the truth. In fact, I believe the Catholic Church knows the truth but are keeping it secure in the library in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City. The Catholic Church may be the richest and most powerful institution in the world but she can never be as powerful as God. When the time comes, the truth would be revealed and the power that your church holds over the world would crumble.
. Haaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa! You are just confusing yourself. Who made you Judge over your fellow brethren? Like your last statement...When God comes, the truth shall be revealed. Why not wait for that time and focus on your own salvation? The Catholic Church is evil....ehhh leave us. We worship Idol...leave us let God be the judge. My prayers is for you not to get high blood pressure because of this issue. Mind you you cannot convert a fly with this your attack. You comment on this topic up till past 12 midnight yesterday and you are at it today. Even the bloggers have forgotten about this post that you want to commit suicide for. Guy chill fight for your salvation because men that are greater than you, intelligent than you and wiser than you have fought the Catholic Church because of this issue but did not win talk more of you. GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST AND HONOUR TO MARY!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
Andy2274:
. Haaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa! You are just confusing yourself. Who made you Judge over your fellow brethren? Like your last statement...When God comes, the truth shall be revealed. Why not wait for that time and focus on your own salvation? The Catholic Church is evil....ehhh leave us. We worship Idol...leave us let God be the judge. My prayers is for you not to get high blood pressure because of this issue. Mind you you cannot convert a fly with this your attack. You comment on this topic up till past 12 midnight yesterday and you are at it today. Even the bloggers have forgotten about this post that you want to commit suicide for. Guy chill fight for your salvation because men that are greater than you, intelligent than you and wiser than you have fought the Catholic Church because of this issue but did not win talk more of you. GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST AND HONOUR TO MARY!

cheesy But it was you that mentioned me and thus brought back to the thread.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
Greenrevolt:
BluntBoy you have solidly thrashed all the roaming catholics that came against you. Pls can you throw more light on what you think to be true on the Woman called Mary? If one is to be advised to join a church of true Christians who solely abide by the word of the God. Which church will you suggest for me? Do I even need to go to church anymore??

The woman called Mary was the woman used to bring Jesus into the world. She served her purpose but it is the purpose for which Jesus came that is expected to take preeminence in our minds. The Bible said God sent His only Begotten Son. Our concern is Christ. Mary would always be remembered as the vessel used to perform this rare case of unconditional love. Our minds should dwell on the sacrifices of Christ, not on how He came into the world. The foundation of Christianity is the New Testament wrought by the sacrifices of Christ, not of Mary or of the Apostles. Jesus was not anymore concerned about Mary as He was about those who walked before God. He was selfless and His sacrifices and unconditional love should be our only considerations, not who bore Him.

About what Church to attend, I am sorry to say that I know of none. Churches have become corporate organizations with flashy pastors as CEOs. These Churches own businesses ranging from publishing houses to universities. Their owners (senior pastors, superintendents, bishops) live the lives of kings, cruising in expensive jets in a country where millions survive on below a dollar per day. These pastors preach terrible doctrines and milk their congregations dry. They are thieves and con men who promise followers divine healing in exchange for seed sowing. These pastors bear strange titles that elevate them above the other sheep and they claim to possess special anointing when the Bible was clear that all saints have been anointed and are thus priests.

In summary, I don't know any Church. All I see are large organizations with motivational speakers and con men claiming to be accountable only to God.

As to whether you should stop going to "church", there is nowhere in the Bible that says you will burn in hell for not going to "church".

As a matter of fact, Jesus placed more emphasis on personal relationship with God. Read this verse:

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (Matthew 6:6)

Then, read what James calls the religion that God sees as the truest:

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (James 1:27)

God bless!!
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Cuteimma1(m): 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

What I am saying is that worshippers of idols need to repent to make heaven.

And you are not an idol worshipper? sidawn Dr dey mumu yourself!!!!
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by ninodaniel(m): 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
all these Mary worshippers are at it again.

Modified.

All these moro.ns quoting me tho.

I used to be naive like you GUYS before I finally saw the light. Coming from a Catholic family, I know what it means being a Catholic.

No where in the bible were you told to bow down to a graven image of Mary. Stop fooling yourselves in the name of honoring her.

You guys worship Mary. Deal with it.

I guess she also answers your prayers.

Mary pray for me.
and if u finally miss heaven all those light dt u saw outside Catholic Church will still b waste. so try to make heaven at last..
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Eagle555: 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
all these Mary worshippers are at it again.

Modified.

All these moro.ns quoting me tho.

I used to be naive like you GUYS before I finally saw the light. Coming from a Catholic family, I know what it means being a Catholic.

No where in the bible were you told to bow down to a graven image of Mary. Stop fooling yourselves in the name of honoring her.

You guys worship Mary. Deal with it.

I guess she also answers your prayers.

Mary pray for me.
NwaEzefuNaMba:

my friend stop being ignorantly stupi.d.

But you worship your pastors and their wives, calling them daddy and mommy in the Lord BUT you don't want to acknowledge the Mother of LORD JESUS CHRIST. The BIBLE said that according to Luke "All generation shall call me ( Mary) Blessed'' Mother Mary is the Mother of the church and the whole universe.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by PastorAji(m): 9:25am On Oct 16, 2017
Know my right from the left I dey laff in Isoko enter fulfude join
Agimor:
Being a formal Catholic doesn't make you know your right from your left.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Sirheny007(m): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2017
monex:

doctrinally the Catholic church does not accord Mary worship, but some people already idolise her without knowing. A Catholic once used an analogy comparing Mary's glory with her Son using the word "nearly". I had to ask him if one could compare a finite, no matter how large, with an infinite.

Mary's Glory becomes negligible (--> zero) when compared with our Lord. This is Church teaching
Thank you my brother for reiterating that point.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Debra911(f): 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
Mpanyi:

And what do you know about worshipping, bowing to images and men. You guys fail to understand the spirit of laws and commandments. When Jacob was told his brothers would worship Him and which they later did, did it mean they had really worshipped him as God? I have many examples to give. And you think you could go into the presence of God in the holy of holies without prostrating before the Ark which contained images of heavenly beings. Images they were 'told' not to make at first instance.

Your type woyld have died in the wilderness when snakes were biting Israelites and the wilderness and Moses had to make bronze snake based on God's instruction, claiming God commanded we make no graven image. For images, not only of holy or biblical figures or what or who they represent, they will continue to be respected in one way or another, be it by bowing, genuflection, prostration or whatever.
For your not talking about church reply or something, I was highly disappointed. You shouldn't run away from that. Not that I am going to do anything with that but because yoy somehow brought it up.

Wao! Nice
@Bluntboy I was expecting you to have an answer to this cogent prove.
And pls stop turning the Bible around for the sake of Christianity. Why would u try convincing someone with this statement
"there is nowhere in the Bible that says you will burn in hell for not going to "church".
Sir one of the commandments says 'Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy'

Or Am I getting you wrong?

1 Like

Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Debra911(f): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
BluntBoy:

Bro, I believe I can win souls. Muslims, Catholics, pastor worshippers and lazy Christians are those I will strive to convert. Please, if you don't want to be saved, fine, but don't use your own to block others from seeing the Light of His Goodness. If you want to continue in your idolatry, then, so be it. But, don't try to stop others from seeing the truth.

The Catholic Church is evil. The only positives are her unrivaled humanitarian works, her Franciscan monks and Pope Francis. I know that Pope Francis knows the truth. In fact, I believe the Catholic Church knows the truth but are keeping it secure in the library in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City. The Catholic Church may be the richest and most powerful institution in the world but she can never be as powerful as God. When the time comes, the truth would be revealed and the power that your church holds over the world would crumble.
Bro all I see in what you've typed here is JEALOUSY
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
Debra911:

Wao! Nice
@Bluntboy I was expecting you to have an answer to this cogent prove.
And pls stop turning the Bible around for the sake of Christianity. Why would u try convincing someone with this statement
"there is nowhere in the Bible that says you will burn in hell for not going to "church".
Sir one of the commandments says 'Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy'

Or Am I getting you wrong?

So, keeping the "Sabbath Day holy" means "Going to Church"?

Do you know what it means to keep the Sabbath day holy ?
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
Debra911:

Bro all I see in what you've typed here is JEALOUSY

Jealous of what, sis? Jealous of an evil dispensation? Jealous of idol worshippers? I have been called jealous for saying the truth but it won't stop me from saying the truth. Jesus was a thorn in the flesh of the hypocrites called Pharisees and I shall be a thorn in the flesh of those who pervert the gospel for financial gains. I shall not be deterred and I am willing to die for the truth. My purpose is to save billions from the path of destruction. Give your life to Christ and stop worshipping Mary. God loves you.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Debra911(f): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
BluntBoy:

Jealous of what, sis? Jealous of an evil dispensation? Jealous of idol worshippers? I have been called jealous for saying the truth but it won't stop me from saying the truth. Jesus was a thorn in the flesh of the hypocrites called Pharisees and I shall be a thorn in the flesh of those who pervert the gospel for financial gains. I shall not be deterred and I am willing to die for the truth. My purpose is to save billions from the path of destruction. Give your life to Christ and stop worshipping Mary. God loves you.
You can also carry d Bible around with loudspeaker and preach the gospel, It s also a good idea, some saints have died because of preaching the gospel and their souls are at peace with God, so to die for the gospel is not a bad Idea.

I'm a child of God and I love people preaching about the Gospel, not hating. If people like u would hate the Catholics for wat they do, I'm sure u will also hate our Muslim brothers d more for their choice of worship, u'll also hate Buddhist,...

You kept digging on a particular misery,theologians of the past centuries,who are extremely intelligent than you are have argued and yet they av not gotten an answer.

Well I was not able to go for the marian concert at Benin in which our priest announced in church but my friends went and testified what they saw and shared the video, my priest came back yesterday to tell us his own experience, I have a prove, So wat do you have to tell me about My mother Mary?

Christ Jesus Knew this would happen, he talked about division in the house of God before he sacrificed for our sake at the cross of Calvary. I hate no church, or any pastor cos I see them as God's servant spreading the gospel even wen Catholic priest don't castigate some pastors for wat they do, some pastors will still go ahead and castigate Catholic church, dividing the church of God ,people like you will keep dividing the church of God because of our differs interpretation of the scriptures, Our Muslim brothers and sisters around the world are not divided like we are, Why?

I do ask myself,when Christ was on earth, was there anything like the Bible? Did Jesus carry Bible around or cram Bible scriptures into his head and tackle his brothers and sisters, No, because he himself is the Bible.

I'm not saying this because I'm a Catholic but I love proves; What baffles me most is dat despite different attack at the Catholic church , the church has the highest population round the world, I kept asking myself this question and yet no answer.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Debra911(f): 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2017
BluntBoy:

So, keeping the "Sabbath Day holy" means "Going to Church"?

Do you know what it means to keep the Sabbath day holy ?
Then wat is Sabbath? and again the prove I asked you to give me ,you didn't give me dat. I need a prove from Mpanyi's comment, I want to learn
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2017
Debra911:

Then wat is Sabbath? and again the prove I asked you to give me ,you didn't give me dat. I need a prove from Mpanyi's comment, I want to learn

The Sabbath day is supposed to be a day of rest. God rested on the seventh day after creating all things and the seventh day was supposed to be set aside as a day of rest.

Read these verses:

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates.

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. —  Exodus 20:8-11
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Debra911(f): 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
BluntBoy:

The Sabbath day is supposed to be a day of rest. God rested on the seventh day after creating all things and the seventh day was supposed to be set aside as a day of rest.

Read these verses:

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates.

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. —  Exodus 20:8-11
OK Nice Bible passage. So on this resting day people chose to go their places of worship and bless God for the blessings during the week shldnt go because of the Illicit behaviours of our men of God, because it is also written that Christ Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
Dear Debra911, I am on my way home and I am driving. When I get home, I will answer your questions. Do bear with me.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Debra911(f): 7:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
BluntBoy:
Dear Debra911, I am on my way home and I am driving. When I get home, I will answer your questions. Do bear with me.
I also need you prove on Mpanyi's comment
" And what do you know about worshipping, bowing to images and men. You guys fail to understand the spirit of laws and commandments. When Jacob was told his brothers would worship Him and which they later did, did it mean they had really worshipped him as God? I have many examples to give. And you think you could go into the presence of God in the holy of holies without prostrating before the Ark which contained images of heavenly beings. Images they were 'told' not to make at first instance.
Your type woyld have died in the wilderness when snakes were biting Israelites and the wilderness and Moses had to make bronze snake based on God's instruction, claiming God commanded we make no graven image. For images, not only of holy or biblical figures or what or who they represent, they will continue to be respected in one way or another, be it by bowing, genuflection, prostration or whatever.
For your not talking about church reply or something, I was highly disappointed. You shouldn't run away from that. Not that I am going to do anything with that but because yoy somehow brought it u "

If we keep arguing on this I won't do whatsoever tonight cos U won't agree to my views and I won't either, I just noticed u've been on this topic since Saturday.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2017
Debra911:

I also need you prove on Mpanyi's comment
" And what do you know about worshipping, bowing to images and men. You guys fail to understand the spirit of laws and commandments. When Jacob was told his brothers would worship Him and which they later did, did it mean they had really worshipped him as God? I have many examples to give. And you think you could go into the presence of God in the holy of holies without prostrating before the Ark which contained images of heavenly beings. Images they were 'told' not to make at first instance.
For your not talking about church reply or something, I was highly disappointed. You shouldn't run away from that. Not that I am going to do anything with that but because yoy somehow brought it u "

If we keep arguing on this I won't do whatsoever tonight cos U won't agree to my views and I won't either, I just noticed u've been on this topic since Saturday.

What was the Ark of the Covenant? It was a chest that contained, among other possible things, the tablets containing the old covenant/testimony. It had a gold lid and this lid was called the mercy seat where God sat and addressed Moses. Other things that could have made up the ark were just mere ornaments to decorate the throne of God on the chest. Those who bowed to the ark were not bowing to it but to God who sat on the ark. The same cannot be said of the statue of Mary.

Also, the Ark of the Covenant is not relevant to Christians because God no longer dwells in things made of stones or gold. He now dwells in our hearts. Our bodies have become His temples.

Now to the issue of the bronze snake. I believe I had answered it. The bronze snake served one purpose.

Read these verses:

"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him" (John 3:14-15)

After serving the purpose, albeit not as sufficient as Jesus's sacrifice, the snake incident became history. It did not become a Jewish practice. Or perhaps you can show me other places where the snake incident was replicated by the Jews. Do you know why it didn't become a practice? Because it was idolatry. If God had allowed it to continue, the Israelites would have identified more with the snake than with God and the image of the snake would have taken preeminence in their lives. That is why idolatry is terrible. Look at how wise Solomon was and yet couldn't stop himself from falling to the temptation of idolatry.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by BluntBoy(m): 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
Debra911:

OK Nice Bible passage. So on this resting day people chose to go their places of worship and bless God for the blessings during the week shldnt go because of the Illicit behaviours of our men of God, because it is also written that Christ Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath.

I didn't say anyone should not go into a church building. I only said that "not going to church" will not land you in hell. If you think it will, show me Biblical evidence.
Re: 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) by Casemiro(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
listen to
Sancta Maria by Enya,

Thank me later
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament / What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady / Church Of England Appoints Woyin Dorgu As First Black Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.