Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,701 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Armed Robber Hired Vigilantes To Protect His Community Against Other Robbers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robber Hired Vigilantes To Protect His Community Against Other Robbers (543 Views)

Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community / Notorious Armed Robber With Charm Killed By SARS After Gun Battle. Graphic Pics / Armed Robber Hires Security Guards To Protect His Community Against Other Robber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robber Hired Vigilantes To Protect His Community Against Other Robbers by collinometricx: 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
A 42-year-old Daniel Egwe who is also Chairman Celenca Community landlords association located along Badagry expressway,has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for stealing and snatching cars.According to Egwe who single-handedly hired security guards to keep watch in the community, while he is also an armed robber, he went into crime after some top Nigeria Customs officers defrauded him of over N4million.“Yes, I went into crime after some Customs officers swindled me of N4m. I borrowed most of the money they stole and I needed to repay my creditors. I also joined crime because I had been dreaming and yearning to become chairman of the landlord association in our community.I needed money for that. You have to lobby other landlords to vote for you. This included doling out money. I spent money on those landlords that voted for me.”It was gathered that when operatives stormed the community to arrest Egwe, members of the community defended him, and almost prevented his arrest as they argued that he wastoo pious and honest to be a robber.Police alleged that Egwe who was arrested alongside Bademosi Adebayo and Nnamdi Ariwodo, used proceeds from crime to build houses in the community.A police source told The Sun;“According to the community members, the suspect had contributed immensely to reduction of crime in the community. He single-handedly hired security guards to keep watch in the community. He hired guards to keep out armed robbers from the community, while he is also an armed robber.”
Re: Armed Robber Hired Vigilantes To Protect His Community Against Other Robbers by Fistop: 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
Na wa
Re: Armed Robber Hired Vigilantes To Protect His Community Against Other Robbers by whitley(m): 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ghen-ghen
Re: Armed Robber Hired Vigilantes To Protect His Community Against Other Robbers by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
Lol naso
Re: Armed Robber Hired Vigilantes To Protect His Community Against Other Robbers by smardray(m): 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
just like a fly preventing other flies from the spoilt mango it saw first
Re: Armed Robber Hired Vigilantes To Protect His Community Against Other Robbers by 4ward(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
Souse?

(1) (Reply)

deleted / Man Murders Aunt Who Refused To Give Him Rent Money(photos) / 35-year-old Father Docked For Raping Own Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.