Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,342 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community (32661 Views)

Beware Of Agege Young Touts Under Bridge Lagos / Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents / Anambra Residents Chase Herdsmen, Cattle Out Of Their Community (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Samorenews: 12:55am On Apr 13, 2020
Unrest in Lagos state where thrives disturb the peace of the state due to the stay at home law by the Government. Robbers took the advantage on people to robbed them.

Presently in Lagos In Agege the boys over become thier vigilante just to secure the street from robbers .

People can’t have a sweet nice rest ..

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by ambchidodude(m): 12:58am On Apr 13, 2020
May God help us o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Fididiguy(m): 5:27am On Apr 13, 2020
God help us
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by agaliboy: 5:27am On Apr 13, 2020
When will Amotekun start operations na?. Is it after Covid 19?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Victor912(m): 5:28am On Apr 13, 2020
���
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by nairalandbeast1: 5:28am On Apr 13, 2020
That's what happens when u lockdown

People are gonna go wild

This is what Nigeria needed all along

Civil unrest loading

The rich ain't safe

No one is

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 13, 2020
Note: this is never aimed to promote cultism or robbery.. none of the two worth doing...
Even before the lockdown this robbery have Been happening in our own eyes..
But am just worries with the way it skyrocket in times like this that we stay at home...
What is the major factor responsible for this illegal act? Is it for pride, hunger, self defense or what could it be...
The government needs to look inward to curb this (even if we can't end robbery and cultism) it can be reduced and minimal especially in a lockdown like this.. notwithstanding those people must be punished severely, to serve as deterrent to others..
Something in my heart of heart tells me that almost all those caught ain't real-time robbers...
Come to think of it.. how could over 200 Young boys and even girls gather to be robbers, it a huge crowd to get, some people don't don't even have up to half of that member in their churches or mosques (kidding)..
Well I don't say they are all Innocent, they need to face the penalty..
But put your self in a condition that you only have a source of income, (which is a daily hustle earning) which most of these guys depend, then government lock the system down.. ideally give me a practical way to survive?,, even if those guys are begging for food on street, most people will look them like they are jobless and won't even help them at the end after looking them diagustively, how do you wanna survive Hunger is a great weapon,
I remember years back when I was hungry and starving for almost 2days, I almost wanna die (it was that day I practically know hunger can kill for real) practicalize it if you doubt... Stay 3days without eating.
I blame this half-done government..
Imagine!! over 200 youths and teeengers on the street to steal from people,, I tell you 95% of them do it out of hunger not laziness...
Hunger will make you do the extreme of things. Just thank God for the provision you have, and for his sustainability..

My pain is when buhari(I need to hold someone responsible) directed that money should be disbursed to registered or selected vulnerable and poor people, are you telling me that they are the only one who are the citizen of Nigeria.. so buhari is not responsible for others not selected in this group by their local government?. That is partialty!!
Most of these people voted for you BUHARI!! every life of each citizen is your responsibility!, that's the oath you took, no one force you to take the office!!
Now people will say I have personal issue with the president, hell no!!
Practically tell me how has the government be of support to the ordinary man around you during this lockdown in feeding most importantly!! Forget electricity, good roads, or equipped medical consumables, they are important but that's not the priority in the middle of a lockdown like this!!
Fine!!, the boys would face the wrath of the law. But note, if things continue this way: then expect a bigger one in days to coming during this lockdown..
An expecting attackers lolzzz
I just have to pour out my heart on this issue.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by peterd53(m): 5:28am On Apr 13, 2020
Sars no go show now........but if seh na G-boyz, der fada go deh flex muscle

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by walkwithgod(m): 5:29am On Apr 13, 2020
Hunger kills faster than corona virus.

Stay Woke !

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by ssogundele(m): 5:29am On Apr 13, 2020
E go be las las

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by RexTramadol1: 5:29am On Apr 13, 2020
Till they can all identify themselves and know each other's whereabouts, they won't know who the Judas is amongst them
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Ishilove: 5:29am On Apr 13, 2020
We live in a very useless country. So if the lockdown lasts as long as one month, is this what the common man will be facing every night?

My God, who did we offend to be cursed by such a useless government?

And then again, these borntroway idiots who were idle even before lockdown are using the present situation to do what comes naturally to them. How can you go around robbing people that are in the same situation with you? If people should use their frustrations and set you on fire, people will be shouting 'jungle justice'

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by DamselQueen: 5:29am On Apr 13, 2020
It is well

May the power that raised Christ from the dead bring you out from any lockdown unhurt, may the same power make you to trample upon serpent, scorpion, failure, poverty, covid 19 and other plagues victoriously, may you be the victor and not the victim of this season's challenge in Jesus mighty name.

Good morning and a Happy Easter Monday

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Solumtoya: 5:30am On Apr 13, 2020
The Government is our problem.
The Police is a bigger problem.
We, the people, are our biggest problem.
May God help Nigeria. Amen.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Damsonkc(m): 5:30am On Apr 13, 2020
This is where regional/ state police would have been good.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by xreal: 5:30am On Apr 13, 2020
Thief wey dey steal from the poor.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Iceyjayz: 5:30am On Apr 13, 2020
This country sha
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 13, 2020
These thieves are heartless..robbing low income areas at this tough times.
Let them go yo vgc or lekki to rob na.

Bunch of fools.
I trust Nigerians to disfigure them for life if anyone is caught

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Digitalstarlite: 5:31am On Apr 13, 2020
D gunshot was just too much and bottle breaking and uproar of ppl shouting...Sanwolu sud put effect d distribution of enough food and money cos if Care is not taken...only God dat knows...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by mosho2good: 5:32am On Apr 13, 2020
This stay at home� makes my brain think fast.......na so I create COVID-19 anthem & pledge for you guys... Check it out������

KITCHEN ANTHEM!!!
Arise 0 kitchen pots�
We children� want to eat�
Prepare us rice �and stew
And help us fry plantain�
The meat �on top must not be small
And make sure it's so sweet�
And add magi and salt
Some curry, thyme and nutmeg
We can't wait to eat����

KITCHEN PLEDGE!!!

I pledge to my kitchen, my best place
To be cooking, boiling and frying
To serve my stomach the best of meals
To defend the meat and fishies
And uphold our species and aroma
So help me pot.���

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:33am On Apr 13, 2020
Very pathetic country where a poor man robs his fellow poor man.

I don't even have any issue if you rob but the problem I have is injuring them.... They kill some, they injure some...

Any thief caught, I mean armed thief oo, not petty thief shud be killed if possible.

Yes, let them be killed.... No one has monopoly of killing people any how, if u r caught armed as a thief, then u r to be killed

But but if u r caught as a petty thief with no harm, be given to the police..

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by BCISLTD: 5:33am On Apr 13, 2020
Thieves among thieves...they will soon start havoc as a pretext to breaking into shops and looting....no be agege again...highest criminal hideout...Awon werey

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:33am On Apr 13, 2020
Yet no one is able to see the revolution coming...
We are now our security soon we shall demand to control our resources and form a new government

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by xreal: 5:35am On Apr 13, 2020
ProfDview1:
Gunshot at iyana ipaja ooo.. God save us oo

You mean right now?
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 13, 2020
xreal:

You mean right now?
No... Yesterday night ooo..
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by sweetlo: 5:37am On Apr 13, 2020
Good
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Moji12(f): 5:38am On Apr 13, 2020
Same here at abesan ipaja. Guys and lanlords stayed up till 5:30 doing burnfire, to be continued tonight. I v never experienced this before in my life. It is well.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by nsiba: 5:38am On Apr 13, 2020
E
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by henryadex(m): 5:39am On Apr 13, 2020
Ijoko is not saver

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14-Year-Old Anna Morik Killed In Southern Kaduna By Fulani Herdsmen Buried (Pic) / Ezeobi Chiamaka Roseline: Missing 18-Year-Old SS3 Student In Anambra / South African Mother Of 3 Accuses 2 Nigerians Of Raping Her In Cape Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.