Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172207 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
alertness:
Any chance of success for a new applicant on visit visa to the US that has not left the shore of the country before?Any hope?

If you read through the entire thread you will notice that even people with no prior travel history have been given US visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HelenaEdwin: 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
I have an already issued US visa. I am planning to travel in July during my leave. Second time to the US.
My question is: i want to travel with my niece who also have US Visa but hers will be expirying in August 1, 2018 but my plans is to stay one month. From the date of intended trip, her visa expires in 2weeks Should we renew her visa via the dropbox before we travel?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Jephehe: 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
HelenaEdwin:
I have an already issued US visa. I am planning to travel in July during my leave. Second time to the US.
My question is: i want to travel with my niece who also have US Visa but hers will be expirying in August 1, 2018 but my plans is to stay one month. From the date of intended trip, her visa expires in 2weeks Should we renew her visa via the dropbox before we travel?

If its possible renew before going.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HelenaEdwin: 5:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thanks.

If its possible renew before going. [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
HelenaEdwin:

So long as she travels before the visa expiry date there won't be any issue.
The visa expiry date doesn't determine how long you may be allow to stay in the US.
The visa exiry date only determines when can you present yourself at the POE.

The expiry date of the visa has nothing to do with the amount of time they will allow you to stay in the US.
The officer at the POE can give you six months stay which can be well beyond the expiry date of the visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HelenaEdwin: 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ok. Thanks for the information
TheCongo2:

So long as she travels before the visa expiry date there won't be any issue.
The visa expiry date doesn't determine how long you may be allow to stay in the US.
The visa exiry date only determines when can you present yourself at the POE.

The expiry date of the visa has nothing to do with the amount of time they will allow you to stay in the US.
The officer at the POE can give you six months stay which can be well beyond the expiry date of the visa.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
HelenaEdwin:

Check link below of the US State department Website:

The admitted-until date or D/S notation, shown on your admission stamp or paper Form I-94 is the official record of your authorized length of stay in the United States. You cannot use the visa expiration date in determining or referring to your permitted length of stay in the United States.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date.html

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by modernWays: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
TheCongo2:

Possible but very difficult given that your immigrant file is an indication of the intent to immigrate.

There have been cases where people with immigrant application on file had been given non-immigrant visa

Thank very much for the reply, i really appreciate it. I will apply with faith.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Seye, how u dey bossman? grin

Baba I dey oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
HelenaEdwin:

Yes ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
If u get to the poe a day before ur visa expires .. The cb officer will stamp u 6months entrance ....
HelenaEdwin:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 8:03am On Apr 14, 2018
Lola, i see you. Fine girl. grin

Chei, something don happen today ehhn. Chineke! Early morning wahala. I dey come, make i go catch this agoyin first. Hunger dey pepper me.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2018
Jephehe:

If its possible renew before going.
I concur

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Toks06: 3:18pm On Apr 14, 2018
HelenaEdwin:
I travelled with only 2months left but I didn't find it funny/easy.i was taken into an office n grilled 2 good times for about an hour. My luggages were brought n searched n when nothing incriminating was found,I was given to stay past my visa expiry date.i never made the mistake of staying to the date because I knew it was a trap,so be prepared n ready for anything..I'll advise she goes for renewal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HelenaEdwin: 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
Thanks. We will be renewing it. I will even be more comfortable that way even though she is 4 years old.
Toks06:

I travelled with only 2months left but I didn't find it funny/easy.i was taken into an office n grilled 2 good times for about an hour. My luggages were brought n searched n when nothing incriminating was found,I was given to stay past my visa expiry date.i never made the mistake of staying to the date because I knew it was a trap,so be prepared n ready for anything..I'll advise she goes for renewal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by uniquema: 4:03pm On Apr 14, 2018
Was it your first time to use the visa?
HelenaEdwin:
Thanks. We will be renewing it. I will even be more comfortable that way even though she is 4 years old.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by uniquema: 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2018
Was it your first time of using the visa?
Toks06:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2018
Toks06:

Where you a first time traveler to the US at the time? What POE is this too? Was the reason for such scrutiny related to the time you were using the visa or mostly some other reasons from your assessment?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2018
After God ehnn, fear women! Women get all kind of intrigues.

Our CE friend is in court next for ruling on her divorce case. Meanwhile she has already bought ticket in plans to be in Nigeria middle of May. I asked why. She said to get savings on early purchase. She doesnt even have visa yet, her papers are with a traveling agent that help people get visa in Nigerian Embassy.

Im thinking of telling her to stay there and dont bother. No divorce, no visa but yet she don buy ticket. Whatt??

Then check this...she had the boldness to ask me last night ...."hey, so I need to know where this is going. What are we?"

Ahhh! After God, fear women! I go cancel this her trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
OmoBendel, where have you been bro? You been missing in action. Have you seen my vo? I miss her already. grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
OmoBendel, where have you been bro? You been missing in action. Have you seen my vo? I miss her already. grin grin grin

Lolz! Been around na.... VOs no longer comment on our threads oh. Seems they are now basically on their own threads. #TongueOut cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

Meanwhile, @LadyG, you got a handful now methinks.... Kikikikiiii! This one our guy is thinking of cancelling his planned third wife's trip to naija so, Hian!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HelenaEdwin: 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
No. It the second time
uniquema:
Was it your first time to use the visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2018
HelenaEdwin:
No. It the second time

I believe this is talking of you. But if it's the child's second time and above, worry less about the visa expiry date, as long as you show up at the POE before expiry date, my opinion, though it's always best to just renew. You can worry about other things but not that....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Toks06: 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
uniquema:
Was it your first time of using the visa?
Nope.2nd time..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Toks06: 7:09pm On Apr 14, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Where you a first time traveler to the US at the time? What POE is this too? Was the reason for such scrutiny related to the time you were using the visa or mostly some other reasons from your assessment?
Nope.2nd time..the POE was Chicago o'hare.i believe it was because I had just 2months left on the visa.i entered in November n my visa was supposed to expire on the 22nd of Jan.i was given till 26th Jan(just 2months) but I left on the 16th..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
Toks06:

Nope.2nd time..the POE was Chicago o'hare.i believe it was because I had just 2months left on the visa.i entered in November n my visa was supposed to expire on the 22nd of Jan.i was given till 26th Jan(just 2months) but I left on the 16th..

ORD POE can be quite dramatic. I know of one - experentially - who has turned up at the JFK POE with just two days left on his visa, and it was a breeze passing them, no ish at all, stamped in for 6months. Previous US visas had been used judiciously on a couple of occasions and max time spent in the US had been two weeks though....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:35am On Apr 15, 2018
OmoBendel24:

ORD POE can be quite dramatic. I know of one - experentially - who has turned up at the JFK POE with just two days left on his visa, and it was a breeze passing them, no ish at all, stamped in for 6months. Previous US visas had been used judiciously on a couple of occasions and max time spent in the US had been two weeks though....
I am of the school of thought that one should always Err on the side of caution. It is better to have an "over abundance of visa" than less. Let's not forget, stamped in duration is at the VO's discretion.
He can decide to stamp you in for the visa s duration.
Nwanne, I no dey see broke people. Whatshisname Babaromota is a broke someborry tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 8:31am On Apr 15, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I am of the school of thought that one should always Err on the side of caution. It is better to have an "over abundance of visa" than less. Let's not forget, stamped in duration is at the VO's discretion.
He can decide to stamp you in for the visa s duration.
Nwanne, I no dey see broke people. Whatshisname Babaromota is a broke someborry tongue cheesy

Is that your way of saying you miss me?

So LadyG, were you in shoprite (Palms) getting drinks on Friday? grin.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 9:02am On Apr 15, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
After God ehnn, fear women! Women get all kind of intrigues.

Our CE friend is in court next for ruling on her divorce case. Meanwhile she has already bought ticket in plans to be in Nigeria middle of May. I asked why. She said to get savings on early purchase. She doesnt even have visa yet, her papers are with a traveling agent that help people get visa in Nigerian Embassy.

Im thinking of telling her to stay there and dont bother. No divorce, no visa but yet she don buy ticket. Whatt??

Then check this...she had the boldness to ask me last night ...."hey, so I need to know where this is going. What are we?"

Ahhh! After God, fear women! I go cancel this her trip.
Lol...

Baba Ramota you dey fear? No be you talk say you dey open to anything from her?

In other news,
Our CE friend may be eligible for Visa on Arrival o. You may want to read through this link for more information. I've had a friend come to Nigeria using VOA and I think you should explore this option
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/visaOnArrivalFaq
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 15, 2018
Hi Good day All, I intend going on a vacation to the US. How much will it cost me? From Application fee, Ticket, Visa, Accommodation, Food e.t.c.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2018
Spygadgets19:
Hi Good day All, I intend going on a vacation to the US. How much will it cost me? From Application fee, Ticket, Visa, Accommodation, Food e.t.c.

Where in the US? The accommodation price will greatly depends on the location
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kuploni: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2018
Hello gurus, I applied for usa visa with my wife 3times and we were denied, now am thinking I should apply alone for my annual leave,what is the chances of getting a visa...

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.