Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172263 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
TheCongo2:

Where did you see that? At the embassy?

I agree with @eyinola US B1/B2 visa is far easier to get than that of most European countries especially for people with no job or stable income or people with no money in their account.

I know of a woman who overstayed her visa along with her first son (2003 to 2011 lol) while in the US she gave birth to two others. They returned to nigeria in 2011 and in 2012 they wanted the son to go study in canada even though the parents preferred USA. They assumed the us had banned both mother and son for overstaying but i told them the guy was below 18 and shouldnt be banned for overstaying at such a young age. The parents reluctantly applied for a student visa for the son and he went to the embassy for his appointment. He was issued a two year study visa lol. The mum screamed and screamed and danced cuz zhe never believed he will be granted. The guy told me the VO asked where he was going to study and he mentioned sugarland, texas, The VO then asked if that was the same city he overstayed at and he answered NO. She typed some things and granted him the visa.

in 2015 his mum went to apply for a visa after 4 years in nigeria and she was granted without hitch. She was housewife with no job or income.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kolping: 7:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
Just thought I should provide this information for those applying for non-immigrant visas.

"The United States is an open society. Unlike many other countries, the United States does not impose internal controls on most visitors, such as registration with local authorities. Our immigration law requires consular officers to view every visa applicant as an intending immigrant until the applicant proves otherwise. In order to enjoy the privilege of unencumbered travel in the United States, you have a responsibility to prove you are going to return abroad before a visitor or student visa is issued.

Section 214(b) is part of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). It states:
Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status..."

See - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-gen-faq.asp#

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
Leleky:

Really... Pls confirm if the US visa was given after the ban from Canada. Thank you.
Yes. Yes. And yes. I dont post information I don't verify

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Jeezus!

These VOs have acclimatized and become Nigerians. See how rude this VO is to someone's wife.

"Pass me your passport".

Hey OP, what lie are you talking about. I hate when people take oyinbo's position as a default righteousness and view blacks as the default criminals.

Where is the lie? Her fiance no fit change his mind?

This VO was jealous of the lady's accomplishment and status and confidence....VO looking for gaps to shut her down, and when she found it she never bothered to enquorw further for clarification or perharps other strengths that might overshadow a simple "change in plans" in the couple's itinerary.

Look, if i was this lady's fiancee i will rip the visa out of my passport and take vacation elsewhere. Spain is looking for touriats. Netherlands is looking for tourists.

Crap! This transcript don vexx me well well. angry
There's this thing in law where a judge is given a leverage when he's delivering a judgement. He's allowed to look at a witness ' demeanor and decide if he believes him.
The op had the opportunity to see the applicant's demeanor and reached his own conclusion that the lady's story wasnt straight.
Seriously I don't get this your battle. It's the posters opinion. And the VO's opinion. And if she's someone's wife Nko? They must give her a visa? Meanwhile she's someone's alleged fiancee.... Not wife.

And if I analyze the transcript you have a grievance with, I think the lady tried too much to hinge on another person whereas her ties could have gotten her the visa.
This is my opinion.
I dint even know why I'm talking to an aka gum like you. Stingy somebody tongue tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

There's this thing in law where a judge is given a leverage when he's delivering a judgement. He's allowed to look at a witness ' demeanor and decide if he believes him.
The op had the opportunity to see the applicant's demeanor and reached his own conclusion that the lady's story wasnt straight.
Seriously I don't get this your battle. It's the posters opinion. And the VO's opinion. And if she's someone's wife Nko? They must give her a visa? Meanwhile she's someone's alleged fiancee.... Not wife.

And if I analyze the transcript you have a grievance with, I think the lady tried too much to hinge on another person whereas her ties could have gotten her the visa.
This is my opinion.
I dint even know why I'm talking to an aka gum like you. Stingy somebody tongue tongue tongue

I know you miss me. Me sef dey miss you naw. kiss I no fit sleep for whole week. As i see you so belle dey sweet me gaan. grin

When you become my spouse they had better not try this nonsense with my adorable LadyG. I go take their case go present to Baba for Ijebu. kiss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
Kolping:
Just thought I should provide this information for those applying for non-immigrant visas.

The United States is an open society. Unlike many other countries, the United States does not impose internal controls on most visitors, such as registration with local authorities. Our immigration law requires consular officers to view every visa applicant as an intending immigrant until the applicant proves otherwise. In order to enjoy the privilege of unencumbered travel in the United States, you have a responsibility to prove you are going to return abroad before a visitor or student visa is issued.

Section 214(b) is part of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). It states:
Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status...

See - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-gen-faq.asp#

This is true, I cannot argue against the fact that Americans are very generous and open. I love what they stand for....but these VOs are not representing well.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NanaOne1: 12:15am On Apr 18, 2018
Hello Comrades,

Kindly assist because it is very urgent.
I made a mistake with my address and I also want to add more details about my job and the current projects I am managing but I have already submitted my application and scheduled my appointment. Please how do I update my details. I read from previous post that I should fill a new ds form and I want to know how to update the details in my appointment confirmation with the new ds form

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adeniyi3971(m): 5:51am On Apr 18, 2018
mylora:
Good afternoon and happy Sunday house. Please house, is it possible to get an interview date by first week of May? Can someone point to anyone who can give me an answer?
I'd appreciate an answer to this.
This is urgent.

yes Abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adeniyi3971(m): 5:57am On Apr 18, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adeniyi3971(m): 5:58am On Apr 18, 2018
Mjazzy:
Hello Everyone, My last question on this thread was not fully answered; I tried making a visa interview appointment for my uncle but the earliest date I saw was August. But someone who wants to help and charge a fee says he can make a special appointment for End of April/ Early May, 2018. The event which we require the visa for, is taking place in the second week of May. Is it possible to get a special appointment?

I doubt this. If you want to schedule a visa appointment you can only find available dates on the site. The available date is the available date. my sister there's nothing like special appointment

I stand to be corrected though!! CC LadyGuinevere et all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adeniyi3971(m): 6:24am On Apr 18, 2018
BabaRamota after two wives you still want to marry LadyG as what if I may ask? BabaRamota after two wives you still want to marry LadyG as what if I may ask? grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:52am On Apr 18, 2018
adeniyi3971:
BabaRamota after two wives you still want to marry LadyG as what if I may ask? BabaRamota after two wives you still want to marry LadyG as what if I may ask? grin

Because God is a God of third, fourth, fifth chance.
So BabaRamota can have his third chance grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:32am On Apr 18, 2018
TheCongo2:

grin grin.... bruh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 7:42am On Apr 18, 2018
... Nothing is impossible... What I will advice u is to tell the truth during ur interview .... Let ur dad sponsor u and just tell the consular how u plan ur trip ...be confident and believe ... Don't let anyone discourage you
BarristerAlarig:
Dear Everyone. I am a first time US visa applicant intending to attend an Engineering conference before I go back to school for my HND programme. Currently I work with a bank using my National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology. I am a 21yr old Man. While filling the form DS160 I left the sponsorship bar/space blank. I didn't know if I should use myself with less than 500k in my account or my dad with over 5mil in his account. Which should i useFurthermore, myself and father do not bear the same name. How do I prove he his my father? Can a birth certificate suffice?? Or would a court declaration be better? I am completely confused! I need help on how to make my application believable as I do not intend to run. I just want to attend the conference,get a certificate of participation,learn new stuff,Network and rub the fact that I have been to AMERICA in everyone (or maybe just my friends) faces! My interview date is June 4 . #Help_a_confused_fellow.

P.S- My dad is the actual sponsor.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:46am On Apr 18, 2018
TheCongo2:
embarassed

There's still hope that a lobotomy or head washing by an actual babalawo can help you.... tongue tongue tongue cheesy cheesy
Mad men undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

There's still hope that a lobotomy or head washing by an actual babalawo can help you.... tongue tongue tongue cheesy cheesy
Mad men undecided

anyhow I'm sure BabaRamota will do anything!! he has a genuine love grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2018
adeniyi3971:

grin grin
When God created man He put certain resources under his care and command for survival and happiness. One of the resources is a sweet woman. Life is sweet when you posess a sweet woman. The more sweets you have the better.
LadyG is sweet. cool

The people that write law and say you must not have more than one wife, go and look in their track record and see how many women they have slayed. Nobody can deny me what God gave me. From beginning of time till today, in His eternal and infinite wisdom, in deliberate measure He made women more in number than available population of men.

My friend dont make me get on the pulpit and preach this afternoon. Let me enjoy this amala and ewedu with ponmo in peace abeg. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
TheCongo2:

This is the best transcript on this thread this year so far. It can only be surpassed when my personal vo say "Yes I do" to me. cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BarristerAlarig: 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
princeofdworld:
... Nothing is impossible... What I will advice u is to tell the truth during ur interview .... Let ur dad sponsor u and just tell the consular how u plan ur trip ...be confident and believe ... Don't let anyone discourage you

This is exactly what I plan to do. If I don't get it, UK here I come. US visa especially a visit visa isn't a do or die affair especially when you don't intend to do anything illegal. Thanks again for your advise. I appreciate it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BarristerAlarig: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

This is exactly what I plan to do. If I don't get it, UK here I come. US visa especially a visit visa isn't a do or die affair especially when you don't intend to do anything illegal. Thanks again for your advise. I appreciate it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Morokunyo: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Seyiwest, Omobendel lady G and other experts in the house please I need your help.
My family of four intend vacating in the US (Hubby,2kids and I) I work with a Federal Government Agency and my hubby work with an organization that gives perdiem for annual travels. Please while filling my DS form I put hubby as sponsor on my form, would it have been better if i put self considering my net income is about 160k and hubby about 450k (apart from perdiem). Though it is stated that i earn the figure. Should i fill another DS form and indicate self sponsor and what is the procedure for filling a new DS form? Form has been submitted and appointment is in few days. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Mad men undecided
LadyG, If you see the bad thread babaramota created ehn. The thread was meant to denigrate and vilify my tribe. The mods deleted the thread.
If he can do something like that then what gives him the right to criticize the US Embassy?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ShowYourCertificate: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
Weldone guys. This is a great thread.

Please I have a question. I have a valid Visit Visa and have been travelling with it. In my last trip I met a lady whom I fell in love with and proposed (She said Yes smiley). And we have began the Fiancee Visa application process with UCSIS.

Now I want to see her in the States as we miss each other so much. Her work won't allow her come visiting me here in Naija thus I want to visit the States with my Visit Visa one more time before finally waiting till I get my Fiancee Visa. Will I be denied at the POE (the immigration guys now have my name on their database as one applying for Fiancee Visa) or will I just be questioned to ascertain if I actually have the intention of returning back to Nigeria.

Please I need you guys help. I have already booked my flight. I need to know my fate so I can decide on whether to go on with the trip or not. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NanaOne1: 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hello Experienced people in the house, kindly respond to my request. Thank you

NanaOne1:
Hello Comrades,

Kindly assist because it is very urgent.
I made a mistake with my address and I also want to add more details about my job and the current projects I am managing but I have already submitted my application and scheduled my appointment. Please how do I update my details. I read from previous post that I should fill a new ds form and I want to know how to update the details in my appointment confirmation with the new ds form

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2018
ShowYourCertificate:

Please I have a question. I have a valid Visit Visa and have been travelling with it. In my last trip I met a lady whom I fell in love with and proposed (She said Yes smiley). And we have began the Fiancee Visa application process with UCSIS.

Now I want to see her in the States as we miss each other so much. Her work won't allow her come visiting me here in Naija thus I want to visit the States with my Visit Visa one more time before finally waiting till I get my Fiancee Visa. Will I be denied at the POE (the immigration guys now have my name on their database as one applying for Fiancee Visa) or will I just be questioned to ascertain if I actually have the intention of returning back to Nigeria.

Please I need you guys help. I have already booked my flight. I need to know my fate so I can decide on whether to go on with the trip or not. Thanks.

I hope this is not Baba Ramo cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by omobaronke: 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hello Fam! Please has anyone one used or booked on jumia travel for an international flight? How was it. Would appreciate reviews. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ShowYourCertificate: 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
cosade:

I hope this is not Baba Ramo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who is Baba Ramo?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by signature2012(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
ShowYourCertificate:

So as far your Visa is still valid,you are very good to travel.As for POE,I see you having no ish.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by SexyDuby(f): 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hello,
Please there's a name rearrangement mistake on my US visit visa appointment form.
My name on the form appears to have my first and second name as my surname and I just realised I can't edit the page as I've saved and scheduled an appointment already.
All other info on the DS-160 form is correct as on my passport and payment receipt.
My question is I hope I won't have any issue on the day of interview as the name rearrangement is only on the appointment schedule form.
Please kindly help if you've had similar issue and what did you do to resolve.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
NothingDoMe:
LadyG, If you see the bad thread babaramota created ehn. The thread was meant to denigrate and vilify my tribe. The mods deleted the thread.
If he can do something like that then what gives him the right to criticize the US Embassy?

Where the thread, point me to it. There is a BabaRamota....and a babaramota....a pretender. He must have done this, not me.

This is travel section no bigotry here. Do you hear me? Which one be "my people"? angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
NanaOne1:
Hello Experienced people in the house, kindly respond to my request. Thank you

Fill another DS160 form and write the embassy to update or you will update it by yourself in the appointment page/profile.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NanaOne1: 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2018
Many thanks Seye
seyewest:

Fill another DS160 form and write the embassy to update or you will update it by yourself in the appointment page/profile.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.