Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172373 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RtdGeneral: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
Are84:
Good day house,

Please I need your urgent feedback in this.

Is it possible for a married man to get a B1/B2 visa hoping to go on vacation or for tourism alone without his wife and kids?

In case if the VO ask, why are you traveling alone?

Not advisable but everyone with his or her case. Pls make I join my qtn. Is it advisable to explain why ones visa was earlier denied bcus one applied alone and the vo was not convinced enough about one really married. Wil it not amount to one shooting oneself? Now applying with the family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RtdGeneral: 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
Pls on self employed applicants. Will using same phone number as for personal and workplace phone number tennable cuz that is the real state of things.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
fcisca:
I thought there is a question about previous visa denials. He could use that space to come clean and take responsibility for his past insincerity

Yes for U.S visa refusal only.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
RtdGeneral:
Pls on self employed applicants. Will using same phone number as for personal and workplace phone number tennable cuz that is the real state of things.
Thanks

Not sure it will be used in determining the outcome of your application but it's not professional.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:37am On Apr 13, 2018
bbaby84:
Please bear with me if this has been asked or answered before.

Good morning... I have an enquiry on behalf of my friend. We have a cruise party in September, therefore we have to book appointments now as the appointment dates are now in July. My question is that, she is single at the moment but she gets married in July. As at now when we are filling the form she will be ticking single. However, when she's going for the interview she would have been married rendering the information on the Ds160 incorrect. What do we do? Do we fill another DS160 form and not lose the interview date already chosen. Kindly advise.

I love party. Where are you going? I want to come. Drinks and merriment on me. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:39am On Apr 13, 2018
Seye, how u dey bossman? grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Leleky: 3:09am On Apr 13, 2018
FROM THE LOOK OF THINGS, 5 YEARS BAN TO CANADA DUE TO MISREPRESENTATION IS NOT ALWAYS A RED FLAG TO HAVING USA B2 VISA ESPECIALLY AS I PLAN TO APPLY FROM SOUTH KOREA WHERE I'M A RESIDENT AS INTERNATIONAL STUDENT. Any body with counter opinion or experience about this should help and advise me.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lamique(f): 5:54am On Apr 13, 2018
Lamique:
Hello House,i've been a silent reader.I had my interview today and was denied.Please see my transcript below and any opinions on possible reason for denial would be appreciated.Thanks

Where are you going to in the US?
I am going to Houston,Texas to attend the Offshore technology Conference.

How long do you intend to stay?
I intend to stay for 7days

Who is paying for the trip?
My office would be paying for the trip

What company is this?
I work with xxxxx ltd, a company that undertakes supply and maintenance of engineering equipment.

Did you say Supply OF maintenance?
No Sir,I said Supply AND maintenance of Engineering equipment

What is your position?
I work as the Procurement Team Lead.

What is the staff strength of this company?
The Staff strength is 64.

And how many of you would be going for this conference?
Two others besides me.

Are you married?
I am single

Do you have any children?
Yes,i have a son.

Unfortunately you do not qualify for a visa at this point etc etc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 5:59am On Apr 13, 2018
[quote author=Lamique post=66666113][/quote]

You may have done nothing wrong.
A VO has the discretion to grant or deny you a visa.
We can only assume as to why you were denied.
By the way, did you use a agent?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lamique(f): 7:06am On Apr 13, 2018
TheCongo2:

You may have done nothing wrong.
A VO has the discretion to grant or deny you a visa.
We can only assume as to why you were denied.
By the way, did you use a agent?

Yes,an agent processed my application and got me my date way before i stumbled on this thread and got to know better.But even at that,I ensured there was no lie and also said nothing to the contrary during the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blackhercules: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2018
seyewest:
ok but like i said its been since 2016
Go ahead if you still have your details.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 7:32am On Apr 13, 2018
Leleky:
FROM THE LOOK OF THINGS, 5 YEARS BAN TO CANADA DUE TO MISREPRESENTATION IS NOT ALWAYS A RED FLAG TO HAVING USA B2 VISA ESPECIALLY AS I PLAN TO APPLY FROM SOUTH KOREA WHERE I'M A RESIDENT AS INTERNATIONAL STUDENT. Any body with counter opinion or experience about this should help and advise me.

Living in denial, wake up!

Misrepresentation is a "very big sin" to the "Oyinbos" and me too. In all we do, we should always be conscious of our credibility. Once dented, it's difficult to be trusted again.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RtdGeneral: 7:35am On Apr 13, 2018
PLEASE, is it advisable to explain why ones visa was earlier denied bcus one applied alone and one feels the VO was not convinced enough about one really married. Wil it not amount to one shooting oneself? Now applying with the family..

Very urgent plzzz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by temyde(f): 7:55am On Apr 13, 2018
No, i was not, although i had a fibroid test result (which i did 2yrs earlier) inside one of the books i took along to read. (Every woman)

Were you pregnant when you were denied entry at the PoE?
It's difficult to understand how travelling to the District of Columbia (DC) instead of Maryland would be construed as misuse of visa. Dulles airport, Washington located in Virginia (another neighbouring state), BWI in Maryland and DCA in Washington, DC are logical airports for travellers to Maryland State.

[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by temyde(f): 7:57am On Apr 13, 2018
No i was not, although i had a fibroid test result (which i did 2yrs earlier) slashed in the middle of one of the books i took along to read (everywoman)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 8:02am On Apr 13, 2018
Very simple ... When she gets married ,fill another D's 160 form and update ur profile by inserting the new D's 160 number in to ur profile ...
bbaby84:
Please bear with me if this has been asked or answered before.

Good morning... I have an enquiry on behalf of my friend. We have a cruise party in September, therefore we have to book appointments now as the appointment dates are now in July. My question is that, she is single at the moment but she gets married in July. As at now when we are filling the form she will be ticking single. However, when she's going for the interview she would have been married rendering the information on the Ds160 incorrect. What do we do? Do we fill another DS160 form and not lose the interview date already chosen. Kindly advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fcisca: 8:37am On Apr 13, 2018
Oh ok.
Thanks for the clarification.
All the best to the OP then

seyewest:

Yes for U.S visa refusal only.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fcisca: 8:42am On Apr 13, 2018
What about getting registered and invited to the event? If the agent got that as well, there is every possibility that he may have packaged some other persons for the same event.

Please stay away from agents henceforth.
Lamique:

Yes,an agent processed my application and got me my date way before i stumbled on this thread and got to know better.But even at that,I ensured there was no lie and also said nothing to the contrary during the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lamique(f): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2018
fcisca:
What about getting registered and invited to the event? If the agent got that as well, there is every possibility that he may have packaged some other persons for the same event.

Please stay away from agents henceforth.

The bolded is very well noted.

As for the registration,i did that myself and had my invitation letter with me but was never asked any details about the conference during the interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2018
Lamique:
Hello House,i've been a silent reader.I had my interview today and was denied.Please see my transcript below and any opinions on possible reason for denial would be appreciated.Thanks

I am going to Houston,Texas to attend the Offshore Technology Conference.

Who is paying for the trip?

What company is this?
I work with xxxxx ltd, a company that undertakes supply and maintenance of engineering equipment.

What is your position?
I work as the Procurement Team Lead.

Two others besides me.

Are you married?
I am single

Do you have any chilworki
Yes,i have a son.

Looks unseen and not clear to me, not really seeing what could have gone wrong. This is the annual OTC in Houston every May, right? You guys didn't discuss travel history? Are you sure of a proper synchrony between your replies and the form filled? Is this your first time with them? Any relationship with Canada? Is your company credible, especially with past experiences with the embassy? I don't think single parenthood worked against you either. Dunno!

But I believe the inner workings of the process has something on you and your application....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mrjoshtower: 10:40am On Apr 13, 2018
Good day To all the gurus in the house.
Please I was able to get through to the embassy and canceled the previous appointment date made by agent, and I booked for July. Now I was not able to get the username and password from him so I can change what ever he prepared me as.
How can i do this?
Should I go on and fill in another DS 160 form.
Won't it affect my interview with the VO.
Pls I need help
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2018
princeofdworld:
Very simple ... When she gets married ,fill another D's 160 form and update ur profile by inserting the new D's 160 number in to ur profile ...

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lamique(f): 10:45am On Apr 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Looks unseen and not clear to me, not really seeing what could have gone wrong. This is the annual OTC in Houston every may, right? You guys didn't discuss travel history? Are you sure of a proper synchrony between your replies and the form filled? Is this your first time with them? Any relationship with Canada? Is your company credible, especially with past experiences with the embassy? I don't think single parenthood worked against you either. Dunno!

But I believe the inner workings of the process has something on you and your application....

My bad,looks like i posted the wrong transcript;i had noticed i omitted the travel history question when i first typed the transcript and added it but failed to copy and paste the updated one here.

Please see below:

I am going to Houston,Texas to attend the Offshore technology Conference.

Have you ever travelled out of the country?
Yes,i was recently on a business trip to the UAE for a training.

Where in the UAE? Dubai or Abu Dhabi?
Abu Dhabi,Sir.

Who is paying for this trip?

What company is this?
I work with xxxxx ltd, an company that undertakes supply and maintenance of engineering equipment.

What is your position?
I work as the Procurement Team Lead

Two others besides me.

Are you married?
I am single

Do you have any children?
Yes,i have a son.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lamique(f): 10:56am On Apr 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Looks unseen and not clear to me, not really seeing what could have gone wrong. This is the annual OTC in Houston every may, right? YES You guys didn't discuss travel history? Are you sure of a proper synchrony between your replies and the form filled? YES Is this your first time with them? YES Any relationship with Canada? NO Is your company credible, especially with past experiences with the embassy? YES (it is partnership-owned company and both partners attend religiously every year but have only ever carried a staff once some years ago.That staff is now married to a US resident but he still resides in Nigeria by choice;been married for 3 years but never relocated though i believe his papers are in order) I don't think single parenthood worked against you either. Dunno!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by alertness(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2018
Codeblues:

Congrats. My advice to new intending applicants is to go through the previous closed threads and this one to enable them armed with the right information.
I can't find it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by njbybrthnly: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thank you very much for this. I really appreciate it.

TheCongo2:

You will need a consent letter from his dad along with the child's birth certificate showing his dad's name.
You may also need your sister death certificate to back up your story.

Also make sure you travel with those documents because you will need to explain to different authorities why you are traveling with a child who isn't yours.
Child abduction is something that is been tackled very seriously
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
RtdGeneral:
PLEASE, is it advisable to explain why ones visa was earlier denied bcus one applied alone and one feels the VO was not convinced enough about one really married. Wil it not amount to one shooting oneself? Now applying with the family..

Very urgent plzzz

Did they tell you that your earlier visa was denied because of the reasons stipulated in your posts or you are just making an assumption?
How can you provide assumption on your new visa application which may not even be correct?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by modernWays: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
Please sir/ma, i need an individual or expert answer to this issue;

Please can someone whose immigrant visa filed have been approved be able to apply for a visiting visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
modernWays:
Please sir/ma, i need an individual or expert answer to this issue;

Please can someone whose immigrant visa filed have been approved be able to apply for a visiting visa.

Possible but very difficult given that your immigrant file is an indication of the intent to immigrate.

There have been cases where people with immigrant application on file had been given non-immigrant visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Afunwaokeke: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2018
Goodday my good people, plz I need an urgent reply to this: if d appointment date that u r getting for ur interview is far, can u buy a closer date from anyone, if yes how n is there anyone here with that kind of contact
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by alertness(m): 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2018
Any chance of success for a new applicant on visit visa to the US that has not left the shore of the country before?Any hope?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by alertness(m): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Welcome to part 3 of this thread, Like the Phoenix, Part 2 must go down for part 3 to be born (Although the info in Parts 1 and 2 remain priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.Part 2 was wonderful. Lots of lovely people offering great advice. Each in their own unique style. You guys rock!!! You know yourselves.

For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

See part 2 here for reference https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

Note:The steps for the whole process is set out step by step. For your own good, adhere. If not, a possibility exists that the final ds 160 number will be different from the one used to book the appointment . Applicants in those situations will neither be allowed to enter the embassy nor will they be interviewed.
In the event of such an occurence, kindly call/email the embassy to sort it out .

Peraventure you wish to change a detail in an already submitted ds 160, fill a new one, submit and call/email the embassy

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html

For video interviews with actual VOs on frequently asked Questions
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/180#47174473

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/s/%23AsktheVOs

For documents : http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

For sample transcripts of some interviews (as posted by the users of this thread) Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/download/4692218

Finally, Lying on your ds 160 or during the interview is misrepresentation and a crime. This thread's aim is not to teach / coach applicants on how to lie. The truth is ALWAYS the best course of action no matter the situation. Please DO NOT ask about how to misrepresent on this thread.

I'm grateful to God that I am alive to create this new part. And for the several friends I have made hereon.

Thank you.
Humbly
LadyGuinivere
Any chance of success for a new applicant on visit visa to the US that has not left the shore of the country before?Any hope?

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.