Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives (24573 Views)

N30,000 Vs N50,000 Job. Nigeria Graduates Are________ / New Salary Scale/table Issued On ₦30,000 Minimum Wage / Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by emmasege: 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
Thank your God if Bubu ever pays 30k as minimum wage or even 25k. But for the House's latest talk on the minimum wage, had you guys not gone dumb?.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by hanassholesolo: 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
FrankGiel:
56k for what work!! undecided

I can only agree with this on one condition
The work place is revamped for productivity..

Civil service has the highest amount of unproductive workers in the country.. Many earn money for doing virtually nothing!!
Many workers in the civil service will need to removed.. government is not a pity party association.

Nigerians are productive. They are just not properly motivated.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by seguno2: 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
FrankGiel:

Civil service has the highest amount of unproductive workers in the country.. Many earn money for doing virtually nothing!!
Many workers in the civil service will need to removed.. government is not a pity party association.

What is the productivity of senators and representatives for receiving N29 million from us?
Try to balance your comments.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by dingbang(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
50k is ok at least.. These senators are carting all our monies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by yhemsy62(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
FrankGiel:

And you think those lawmakers earning millions of naira in a month are more hardworking than those people?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by wantagon1: 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
oz4real83:
I will prefer making it a minimum of N500/hour for unskilled and semi-skilled. That will motivate workers to be more productive. Suppose a worker works 10hours a day,it will be equivalent to N5,000 while for 20 days will be a minimum of N100,000. At an exchange rate of N360/dollar,this N100,000 is roughly $278 which isnt too much. Any worker that offers zero hour of work will get zero income. If u go on strike for no justifiable reasons,u also get zero income. Hourly payment is a better option.

I absolutely agree with you. per hour pay will make people more productive.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by ogtavia(m): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
Some see this proposed increment as good news,however,for me,i have mixed feelings, with this increment will likely come an increase in the prices/costs of goods and services that might cancel out the percentage increase leading to inflation which will add pressure to the value of the naira...of course there will be more money in circulation but of what use is having more money with a less than proportional purchasing power....
My point is this, there must be a price regulation/price fixing policy to counter/cushion the effects of the minimum wage increase...

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by oz4real83(m): 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
ikp120:
They will pluck the money from the tree to pay them, ba?
over one million naira is budgetted for newspapers for an average senator in Nigeria. What newspapers are they reading? Is the money for those newspapers plucked from trees? Do u know how much they budget as ''hazard allowance''? Which hazard? If the politicians are having finances for their extravagant lifestyles doing nothing,how about the workers? At the rate I mentioned above,the annual average income will be N1.2million which is a senator's newspaper allowance. This is roughly $3,334 a year!!!
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by ivolt: 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
PissedOffWeed:
reject it abeg!!!!!

My friend in Australia gets paid 10$ per hour for just serving at an eatry!

That's #3500 per hour... He works 5 hours a day due to school

That's 17K a day minimum

This country is so so fuckingly gibberish!!!!!!

Did you ask your friend how much he spends per month(housing, food ect)?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by oz4real83(m): 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
ikp120:
They will pluck the money from the tree to pay them, ba?

See how easy it is for you to say "minimum of N100,000". angry Take your calculator and do simple mathematics before talking outside of reality.

You think you can jack up that cleaner's wages to 100k without jacking up the Doctor's own by the same or almost the same percentage? undecided
what is N100,000,a worker's salary, compared to an average senator's monthly salary of N29,000,000? If it is possible for the politicians,how about the workers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by FrankGiel: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
yhemsy62:
And you think those lawmakers earning millions of naira in a month are more hardworking than those people?
U mistake me for a biased fellow.. Pls go and read what i have written in the past about the corrupt Nigerian senators..
The Nigerian Civil service is a perfect example of how to run the nation to the ground

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by FrankGiel: 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
seguno2:

What is the productivity of senators and representatives for receiving N29 million from us?
Try to balance your comments.
Topic was about minimum wage, I have responded accordingly.. I have given my take on Nigerian senators severally..
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by ikp120(m): 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
oz4real83:
over one million naira is budgetted for newspapers for an average senator in Nigeria. What newspapers are they reading? Is the money for those newspapers plucked from trees? Do u know how much they budget as ''hazard allowance''? Which hazard? If the politicians are having finances for their extravagant lifestyles doing nothing,how about the workers? At the rate I mentioned above,the annual average income will be N1.2million which is a senator's newspaper allowance. This is roughly $3,334 a year!!!
I've updated the comment you quoted.

The senators you are talking about, how many are they? The worker we're talking about, how many are they?

You are practically comparing a grain of black rice to the multitude of grains of white rice in a sack of rice.

If a cleaner earns 100k per month, then a doctor earning 180k must earn at least 500k per month. The person earning 200k must earn at least 600k per month. I'm just being lenient with figures because by the time you see the real calculations by percentage, you go kuku faint! grin grin grin
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by Emaopel2015(m): 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
Governments are so dump that they don't know how to plan for possible solution to this issue because they are too wasteful...if other countries can be paying higher salary with higher productivity, why can we plan on this too but corruption is order of the day here
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by loswhite(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
ayourbamie:
U don't want 30k. Stay at home let ppl Wey need job do the work and manage the 30k
illiteracy is the greatest problem in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by seguno2: 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
ogtavia:
Some see this proposed increment as good news,however,for me,i have mixed feelings, with this increment will likely come an increase in the prices/costs of goods and services that might cancel out the percentage increase leading to inflation which will add pressure to the value of the naira...of course there will be more money in circulation but of what use is having more money with a less than proportional purchasing power....
My point is this, there must be a price regulation/price fixing policy to counter/cushion the effects of the minimum wage increase...

Your fears will be needless if we all focus on reducing what we pay our senators, representatives and other political office holders.
Why can't we just do that
Do you know?
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by ikp120(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
oz4real83:
what is N100,000,a worker's salary, compared to an average senator's monthly salary of N29,000,000? If it is possible for the politicians,how about the workers?
How many senators are we really talking about bro? The number of senators is insignificant compared to the number of workers under FG pay roll who ain't even into politics.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by FrankGiel: 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
hanassholesolo:

Nigerians are productive. They are just not properly motivated.
Nigerians??!! Yes I agree
Nigerians in civil service: No.

Let me give u a case study...
The FIRS became autonomous some years back.. Workers salaries were revamped more than 200% in some cases..
Productivity is still the same.. The system is not built to encourage productivity.. Too many people doing the work for 1 person..
Go to ministry of mines, they resume work at 11 am.. That is the story of many of the ministries, yet salaries are being paid monthly..

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by seguno2: 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
FrankGiel:

Topic was about minimum wage, I have responded accordingly.. I have given my take on Nigerian senators severally..

They are interlinked as they are all workers in the same country.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
PissedOffWeed:
reject it abeg!!!!!

My friend in Australia gets paid 10$ per hour for just serving at an eatry!

That's #3500 per hour... He works 5 hours a day due to school
Jst to serve at eatery 10s per day Kai Africa...no wonder d white men ll gap us forever....minimum wage gon no even factor dos in industries cos that shd be d target and it shd be implemented....to me this is the greatest restructuring Nigeria needs

That's 17K a day minimum

This country is so so fuckingly gibberish!!!!!!
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by emmyw(m): 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
yhemsy62:
How can you reason in such an hawful manner? SMH
I Know That An Idiot Like You Will Quote Me. It's Awful Not Hawful. I Don't Know Whether You Took A Psychotropic Drug [Tranquilizer, Sedative, or Antidepressant]
This Morning, Please Stop Quoting Me!

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by yhemsy62(m): 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
FrankGiel:

U mistake me for a biased fellow.. Pls go and read what i have written in the past about the corrupt Nigerian senators..
The Nigerian Civil service is a perfect example of how to run the nation to the ground
I don't believe that

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by seguno2: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
FrankGiel:

Nigerians??!! Yes I agree
Nigerians in civil service: No.

Let me give u a case study...
The FIRS became autonomous some years back.. Workers salaries were revamped more than 200% in some cases..
Productivity is still the same.. The system is not built to encourage productivity.. Too many people doing the work for 1 person..
Go to ministry of mines, they resume work at 11 am.. That is the story of many of the ministries, yet salaries are being paid monthly..

When we start making our senators work instead of celebrating their dance moves we can expect civil servants to also be productive.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by oz4real83(m): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
ikp120:

The senators you are talking about, how many are they? The worker we're talking about, how many are they?

You are practically comparing a grain of black rice to the multitude of grains of white rice in a sack of rice.

If a cleaner earns 100k per month, then a doctor earning 180k must earn at least 500k per month. The person earning 200k must earn at least 600k per month. I'm just being lenient with figures because by the time you see the real calculations by percentage, you go kuku faint! grin grin grin
according to my analysis, N500 atN360/ is equivalent to $1.4 an hour. Suppose a person works 10hours a day,this is only equal to $14 a day! This isn't too much considering the enormous resources we have as long as we ensure maximum and efficient utilisation of our resources.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by oz4real83(m): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
ikp120:

according to my analysis, N500 at N360/ is equivalent to $1.4 an hour. Supposes a person works 10hours a day,this is only equal to $14 a day! This isn't too much considering the enormous resources we have as long as we ensure maximum and efficient utilisation of our resources. My guy works at $10/hour as a security in the us. Another of my person works $40/h as a nurse. Things will sort out itself with time in other sectors.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by ikp120(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
oz4real83:
I can still recall some months ago when the minister of finance said that FG spends 65 billion on wages every month, which is about 780 billion per annum. Increasing salary by over 455 percent will be increasing it to over 3.5 trillion per annum. Those nations you guys are using as yardsticks, do you really know how much their annual budgets are for just military alone? Or just health alone?

This is funny man grin grin grin
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by wumade: 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
agarawu23:
56,000 isn't too high cos that's not up to 200$ some countries pay per day for 8-10hours
General labour in most developed countries do not pay up to $200/day... please verify your facts! Plus, Nigeria is not even in the league of "developed countries".
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by oz4real83(m): 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
ikp120:
How many senators are we really talking about bro? The number of senators is insignificant compared to the number of workers under FG pay roll who ain't even into politics.
our senators and reps budget over N120billion on themselves and aids every year! They are less than 1% of total population. We can acheive it if we effectively block our losses to politicians and their aids.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by enemyofprogress: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
Make i look for trouble small Lala how much seun dey pay una wey una no dey go strike and dey ban people anyhow? tongue tongue
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by ikp120(m): 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
oz4real83:
according to my analysis, N500 at N360/ is equivalent to $1.4 an hour. Supposes a person works 10hours a day,this is only equal to $14 a day! This isn't too much considering the enormous resources we have as long as we ensure maximum and efficient utilisation of our resources. My guy works at $10/hour as a security in the us. Another of my person works $40/h as a nurse. Things will sort out itself with time in other sectors.
I hope you know that dollars belongs to the nation that you are referring to? Lol grin grin UK, US, Australia, France, Germany, Spain Switzerland, etc are countries using high currencies. Euros, Pounds and Dollars na their currencies o. Hehehehe. grin grin grin This is really funny bro.

I guess you want Nigeria to be the next Venezuela? Nigeria has no "real" income apart from oil, just like Venezuela. The problem with Venezuela was that they were living like US when they weren't even earning close to what US earns.

I hope you also know that private firms will come under pressure? Businesses will fold up because they can't afford the wages OR they will hike their prices to be able to afford it.

Can you see a pattern of problems now? These things WILL happen! It's guaranteed, not under probability.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by ogtavia(m): 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
seguno2:

Your fears will be needless if we all focus on reducing what we pay our senators, representatives and other political office holders.
Why can't we just do that
Do you know?

How sir?
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives by oz4real83(m): 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
ikp120:
I hope you know that dollars belongs to the nation that you are referring to? Lol grin grin

I guess you want Nigeria to be the next Venezuela? Nigeria has no "real" income apart from oil, just like Venezuela. The problem with Venezuela was that they were living like US when they weren't even earning close to what US earns.

I hope you also know that private firms will come under pressure? Businesses will fold up because they can't afford the wages OR they will hike their prices to be able to afford it.

Can you see a pattern of problems now? These things WILL happen! It's guaranteed, not under probability.
just that our currency is almost valueless. If my one naira yesterday can afford goods of 50 naira today,I will be satisfied with my one naira. Even if they increase it to N100,000,the money still can't afford much!!! That is why Nigerians are clamouring for more money instead of clamouring for increase in the real value of the naira! Imagine $1=N365!!! Having just 2 bills of $100 is N36,500!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Never To Say In A Job Interview / WAEC Is Recruiting For Assistant Examinations Officer (audit) / Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.