Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,689 members, 7,851,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! (514 Views)

3 Nigerians At UNGA. Picture Of The Day. Proud To Be A Nigerian. / PMB At ICC: Proud To Be Nigerian By Femi Adesina / Stakerlives: Why I Am Proud To Be A Fulani Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by Oluwaseyi1234: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2017
I have always said that home is wherever I am. I am not attached to walls, or people for that matter. Home is a place in the mind. When it is empty, it frets. It is fretful with memory. Faces and times go by, yet beloved images rise up in disobedience, and make a mirror for emptiness.

There are people who believe that home is where one hangs one’s hat, but these people tend to live in closets and on little pegs. That is why they still go far, looking for beautiful places, while others make their places beautiful.

Home is a lot more than that for me. It reminds me of something Gov. Ajimobi said during his speech on Independence Day last year. He said, “While my dreams and vision for the state may be far from being fully achieved till date, we must, nonetheless, periodically take stock, lest our sworn critics fill in the gap with lies and distortions, and it is with great gratitude to the prayerful help and support of our compatriots, that I recall how we have given the state a new lease of life.”

Goose bumps flooded my skin in celebration and pride, as I caught onto those last words. I knew too well that indeed, this state has been given a new lease of life, but not only that, I was pleased, for I sighed in content that we both shared the same feelings of what home means to us.

Asides our administrative pedigree as the centre of administration of the Old Western Region, which began right from the days of British colonial rule, the central power this city evokes is galactic!

Every Ibadan son and daughter must be proud of his or her ancestry. We should all be proud of how far we have come. I know I am, that is why I salute the forefathers of Ibadan land, especially the Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes, not excluding the people of Oyo State who have made this dream; our home, a reality.

It may take a little while to begin to reap the fruits of our labour, but how great is it that we are already witnessing the impact and seeing the seeds grow and ripen with our very own eyes.

Where my home is, is right here.
Ibadan! Wo! I am beyond proud to call you mine!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by BankeSmalls(f): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2017
I love my Ibadan, but government must arrest all people who have left their roofs to be brown and demolish all brown roof houses. undecided

2 Likes

Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by ishadfurnitures: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2017
The Heritage
Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by cosby02(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:
I love my Ibadan, but government must arrest all people who have left their roofs to be brown and demolish all brown roof houses. undecided
what's it with the colour of the roof??
Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by BankeSmalls(f): 10:58am On Oct 15, 2017
cosby02:

what's it with the colour of the roof??

Not the original colour, rusted and symbolic of lack, degradation and poverty.

1 Like

Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by thesicilian: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2017
Ibadan is the best city in Nigeria to raise a family

1 Like

Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by cosby02(m): 11:45am On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:

I'm sure you dont know the meaning of poverty
Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:
...and you have forgotten that it's part of the beauty of the city. Ibadan is an ancient city. Though, I'm base in Lagos, I am always overwhelm with joy seeing the aerial view of my city. It depicts the honour of an Ancient city. No other city in Nigeria has that heritage. I love Ibadan and will always come to give back to the greatest city that made me.
Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:

That shows how shallow you are. Go to the North and some part of the East then you would understand the meaning of poverty. The brown roofs is our heritage, our value, part of our beauty, and what differentiate us to be known as 'The Ancient City'
Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
Im proud to be from ibadan! our brown roofs is more beloved to me than all potopoto states,though i forsee that we will demolish many buildings in ibadan in future.proudly ibadan larget city in west africa and third largest city in africa!
Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by BankeSmalls(f): 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
abdelrahman:
Im proud to be from ibadan! our brown roofs is more beloved to me than all potopoto states,though i forsee that we will demolish many buildings in ibadan in future.proudly ibadan larget city in west africa and third largest city in africa!

We need to first stop our people from pooing in open gutters, then arrest anyone in Ibadan that goes to bed without taking a bath. We are working on legislation first, you know we are politically sophisticated grin

1 Like

Re: IBADAN, Proud To Call You Mine! by Mynd44: 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2017

(1)

Antics Of Makarfi / Metuh’s Trial: Court Orders Jonathan To Appear On Wednesday / [VIDEO] How Ex-pension Boss Exposed Buhari As A Liar – Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.