Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man (2116 Views)

Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi / Throwback Video Of When Obafemi Awolowo Was Convicted For Fraud / The Body Of This Great Man Alex Ekwueme Arrived Awka, Anambra State.[pix] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by ipodstinks: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
Go to the west, the home of the great yorubas, awolowo legacies are uncountable. From Lagos to osun , from ogun to ondo, from oyo down to ekiti. Awoo legacies everywhere. He was a bloody civilian that made a whole military dictator ran away in the middle of the night, dressed up like a sweet 16 to far away yaya toure's nation for years without carrying stick, not to talk of gun despite their initial gra gra. Just an idea, you ended a war. Though, you wouldn't have intervened Awolowo had they not tried to overstepped their boundry. You were a great man. Rest on great man. We love you.

9 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by BankeSmalls(f): 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
I agree he was a great man. But why did he have to drink more than 4 bottles of rat poison just to escape arrest and jail. He is my big uncle but I remember him as the grand patron of all cowards.

12 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by Guestlander: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:
I agree he was a great man. But why did he have to drink more than 4 bottles of rat poison just to escape arrest and jail. He is my big uncle but I remember him as the grand patron of all cowards.

Lame. You should try a few bottles yourself perhaps your own image will grace a Nigerian currency in future.

10 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by BankeSmalls(f): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Lame. You should try a few bottles yourself perhaps your own image will grace a Nigerian currency in future.

Are you saying that the late sage drank rat poison just to have his head on a currency note? grin

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by Guestlander: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Are you saying that the late sage drank rat poison just to have his head on a currency note? grin

Exactly, since he was your uncle you must keep the family tradition alive. Poison, you must drink as well.

11 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by ipodstinks: 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:
Okay, keep believing what your father told you just because great Awolowo simple idea ended your fore fathers hope. Beside, the question you should be asking is why did ojukwu ran away after suyanising your ancestors. grin

8 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by BankeSmalls(f): 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2017
ipodstinks:
Okay, keep believing what your father told you just because great Awolowo simple idea ended your fore fathers hope. Beside, the question you should be asking is why did ojukwu ran away after suyanising your ancestors. grin

My father has a lot of respect for Baba Awolowo, we named the family business after him. Our company produces rat poison too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by Guestlander: 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:

My father has a lot of respect for Baba Awolowo, we named the family business after him. Our company produces rat poison too.

Did your father drink rat poison as well? If not what is he waiting for?

12 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by BankeSmalls(f): 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Did your father drink rat poison as well? If not what is he waiting for?

No, you wan finish the family ni grin

It was only awolowo who drank a healthy dose of rat poison

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by updatechange(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
If he had to drink that poison to make sure he won the case and make all his generation live and enjoy good life then I think he's a brave man (abi u won do case with a dead man?)...lolz he's better than that sophisticated soldier that left his beloved ppl when they needed him most and caused them total famine and death. Instead of him to rather die to liberate his ppl as he promised the coward ran away... and yet another albino is towing his path. God help u ppl
I still find it funny how some ppl still claim his their number 1hero.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by Guestlander: 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:

No, you wan finish the family ni grin

It was only awolowo who drank a healthy dose of rat poison

Your father being Awo's brother will be next while yours will be a time in the future. The technology and the efficacy of the rat poison would have been improved by then.
Your date with ratak must be kept.

8 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by TherWasACountry: 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
But seriously, did Chief Awolowo actually drink any poison or is this some kind of taunt. angryAyam not undastanding

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by Guestlander: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
TherWasACountry:
But seriously, did Chief Awolowo actually drink any poison or is this some kind of taunt. angryAyam not undastanding

The same characters who started the rumors are the same folks who believe that army medical outreach was sent to infect their children with monkeypox.
Nothing exist in a void, if you trade your mind away something else will occupy the space, like ignorance.

10 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by ipodstinks: 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Okay, so you mean that your uncle that died the other day drank rat poison. Ooo, sorry about that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by MyNewJackeT: 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
Awolowowo was a great man but tell me one yoruba man following in his footsteps right now.

But you're following in the footsteps of awolowowo's rival Akintola.

just look at the way you play your politics.
you've all forgotten what awo stood for.
Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by ipodstinks: 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
TherWasACountry:
A man that has a good children, home and abroad with great grandchildren. He was rich and always around influential people then. He died at the age of 78 and not feel any pain till his death. Did not use stick to walk and eat good diet will now die of poison. You should know that his simple idea that killed the dream of all igbo race is what is paining them and making them propagate he died of rat poison. He died the best death. In his sleep. Meanwhile, their runaway dictator died senile, he couldn't even work and couldn't not move out of his house. He died uselessly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by gists: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
ipodstinks:
Go to the west, the home of the great yorubas, awolowo legacies are uncountable. From Lagos to osun , from ogun to ondo, from oyo down to ekiti. Awoo legacies everywhere. He was a bloody civilian that made a whole military dictator ran away in the middle of the night, dressed up like a sweet 16 to far away yaya toure's nation for years without carrying stick, not to talk of gun despite their initial gra gra. Just an idea, you ended a war. Though, you wouldn't have intervened Awolowo had they not tried to overstepped their boundry. You were a great man. Rest on great man. We love you.
You like trouble pass quarrel.
Though I agree Awo is great. Just pick up his books like the voice of reason etc
Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by shallysgirl: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
Awoolloowoo died after he gulped rat killer liquor . Dasall.
ipodstinks:

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by IJOBA2: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
Guestlander:

IS IT TRUE THAT HE DRANK A RAT POISON

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by Guestlander: 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
IJOBA2:
IS IT TRUE THAT HE DRANK A RAT POISON

It is NOT true sir.
Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by IJOBA2: 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
Guestlander:

It is NOT true sir.
OK SIR
shallysgirl:
WERE YOU THE ONE THAT GAVE HIM THE RATAKgrin

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by ipodstinks: 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
shallysgirl:
Lol, but ojukwu ran away and died senile at the end of his life without any tangible legacy for his zombies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by BankeSmalls(f): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
ipodstinks:
A man that has a good children, home and abroad with great grandchildren. He was rich and always around influential people then. He died at the age of 78 and not feel any pain till his death. Did not use stick to walk and eat good diet will now die of poison. You should know that his simple idea that killed the dream of all igbo race is what is paining them and making them propagate he died of rat poison. He died the best death. In his sleep. Meanwhile, their runaway dictator died senile, he couldn't even work and couldn't not move out of his house. He died uselessly.

Suicide is a complicated this my boy, the millionaire who shot hundreds of people in Vegas, is richer and happier that awolowo. This man was in love with poison, and he drank to his heart delight. grin
Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by BankeSmalls(f): 5:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
TherWasACountry:

The man was not supposed to die that way, going to prison and loosing his possessions frightened him so much that he alone downed 4 bottles of ota pia pia grin

Awolowo currently holds the record of most poison consumed by a human in the whole world grin
Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by ipodstinks: 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Suicide is a complicated this my boy, the millionaire who shot hundreds of people in Vegas, is richer and happier that awolowo. This man was in love with poison, and he drank to his heart delight. grin
;DTell me, how did ojukwu, the marathon king ended boy.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by CrtlAltDel: 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
Seconded…. Ask Ipigs to name 1, just 1 great ipig…. Watch them run nakedd up and down doing the below grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6110033_download_jpeg9e044ea0ed5817381b189680f392bafe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by BankeSmalls(f): 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
ipodstinks:
;DTell me, how did ojukwu, the marathon king ended boy.

The Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Odumegwu Emeka Ojukwu (GCON, BHOS,fpss, mni) died at a ripe old age, with a beauty Queen of beauty Queens beside him, and uncountable children from his other wives praying and wishing him well. The funeral of the Great Ikemba stopped all national activity for 2 months as all government officials relocated to Anambra to ensure he gets a befitting burial. The FG were begging for months to be allowed to bear the cost of his funeral. grin

Now, goanddie grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by ipodstinks: 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:

The Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Odumegwu Emeka Ojukwu (GCON, BHOS,fpss, mni) died at a ripe old age, with a beauty Queen of beauty Queens beside him, and uncountable children from his other wives praying and wishing him well. The funeral of the Great Ikemba stopped all national activity for 2 months as all government officials relocated to Anambra to ensure he gets a befitting burial. The FG were begging for months to be allowed to bear the cost of his funeral. grin

Now, goanddie grin
With a senile nature at the end of his life grin

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by BankeSmalls(f): 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
ipodstinks:
With a senile nature at the end of his life grin

At least he didn't sniff at any bottle of rat poison like some people in history grin

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by Dedetwo(m): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
ipodstinks:

Arrant nonsense!!! A great man indeed who suddenly and controversially died of minor domestic issue. Certain section of Nigeria is known for loudmouth.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by ipodstinks: 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
[s]
Dedetwo:

Arrant nonsense!!! A great man indeed who suddenly and controversially died of minor domestic issue. Certain section of Nigeria is known for loudmouth.
[/s]Emotional cry from piglet. Awolowo is your father's God. Go home and ask him. He saved him from being wasted for fun. His creator will forever be grateful to awoo, even if your father is pretending.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Was And Still A Great Man by ipodstinks: 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
BankeSmalls:

At least he didn't sniff at any bottle of rat poison like some people in history grin
Yeah, I am sure your pupsy is still in pain now because of his nieces that were suyanized by your marathon hero. Their own children would probably have been of little help to you by now. But so unfortunate, they are lying lifeless in an unknown mass grave. Sorry about that. Ojukwu will never rest in peace for doing that to you and your people. grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

If They Call U Pigs Call Them Vultures / Trump's One Yr In Office And Buhari's 3yrs. Blame Game / Return Of Dapchi Girls: Why Are IPOB Yoots And Their Regional Party (PDP), Sad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.