Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods (29908 Views)

Canned Foods / Health Benefits Of Eating More Vegetables / Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by highchief1: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
dominique:
To think some people live on canned foods.
if one avoids every thg death will stil come..there's no formula for d life
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by gnykelly(m): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
even those who don't eat it still have all these diseases.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by micflo28(m): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
So is this the end of peak tinned milk or even powdered tinned milk. I think the powdered should pose no health challenge but then OP elucidate on this please.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 25, 2017
Optional09:

I don’t know the person that sheared you but I understood you simply meant “noted” but it was misconstrued.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2017
I no d eat again sef, weda fresh or canned
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by WetinConsignMe: 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2017
Avoid this, avoid that, drink water, don't drink water, get sun, avoid sun, drink coffee, avoid coffee, wine, fats, carbohydrates, protein, cell phone, HAABAA, NA WETIN!!
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by WetinConsignMe: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
kullozone:
After reading this article, some people will remember they ate canned food not too long ago, then start falling sick all by themselves smiley

Very insightful. It is called placebo effect. It is very real.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by WetinConsignMe: 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
Omaa1:
Educative

But not going to be a big issue for us, we don't strive on canned food, we have time for that when you can get good affordable food from mamaput in every corner. Na oyibo wahala jor

PROBLEM: mamaput dey use canned food too to cook
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by WetinConsignMe: 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
TWoods:

The bottomline - canned foods are safe, if not safer than fresh foods.

Not true. Anything processed in a factory is suspect, including water.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by TWoods(m): 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Not true. Anything processed in a factory is suspect, including water.

Based on exactly what evidence?
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
Darmie7:
The americans and canned food can neva be seperated, u name it, can soup, can rice, can beef,
Dats why cancer is dia numba one major cause of death, find out!
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by WetinConsignMe: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
TWoods:

Based on exactly what evidence?

Based on preponderance of circumstantial evidence and common sense. Mention any natural food that factory processing makes better including spring water.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by TWoods(m): 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Based on preponderance of circumstantial evidence and common sense. Mention any natural food that factory processing makes better including spring water.

Perhaps you are referring to Nigerian factories. In that case, i cannot argue with you. By the way, "circumstantial evidence" and "common sense" are not substitutes for actual science.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by WetinConsignMe: 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2017
ednut1:
What chemicals Copy nd paste upandan. No such tin as natural unless u plant am for ur backyard

Spring water is natural, so are everything raised without chemicals including organic meats, fruits and vegetables, grains, fish, etc
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by WetinConsignMe: 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

Dats why cancer is dia numba one major cause of death, find out!

They also have a much higher life expectancy than Naija that does not eat canned. Explain that.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by mu2sa2: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
kullozone:
After reading this article, some people will remember they ate canned food not too long ago, then start falling sick all by themselves smiley
True. The aim of the post is to instil fear and some people will surely succumb.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by kullozone(m): 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Very insightful. It is called placebo effect. It is very real.

Thank you sir
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by nathanccr(m): 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
kullozone:
Ure so on point....lolzzzz
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by WetinConsignMe: 2:11am On Nov 26, 2017
TWoods:

Perhaps you are referring to Nigerian factories. In that case, i cannot argue with you. By the way, "circumstantial evidence" and "common sense" are not substitutes for actual science.

"circumstantial evidence" and "common sense" are big parts of science. That's the only way we know there is dark matter or that we even exist at all. It is all based entirely on "circumstantial evidence" and "common sense"
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by TWoods(m): 3:26am On Nov 26, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

"circumstantial evidence" and "common sense" are big parts of science. That's the only way we know there is dark matter or that we even exist at all. It is all based entirely on "circumstantial evidence" and "common sense"

5 years as a molecular biologist + 7 years as a toxicologist... i think it is safe to say the above is absolutely untrue. Common sense, at best, can give you a hypothesis. It does not replace actual empirical evidence in the lab. The evidence that we exist has zero to do with circumstantial evidence. The fact that you and i are typing here is empirical fact.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by nsien1(m): 3:54am On Nov 26, 2017
Any thing packaged is not save.The op is right.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by ubunja(m): 5:46am On Nov 26, 2017
i never really liked canned foods

since i could never afford them anyways

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by akon4u: 9:35am On Nov 26, 2017
Ok noted
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by WetinConsignMe: 6:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
TWoods:

5 years as a molecular biologist + 7 years as a toxicologist... i think it is safe to say the above is absolutely untrue. Common sense, at best, can give you a hypothesis. It does not replace actual empirical evidence in the lab. The evidence that we exist has zero to do with circumstantial evidence. The fact that you and i are typing here is empirical fact.

U ASSUME u and I are typing this. U have no way of knowing if u r just an immaterial brain wave or just a brain in a jar being fed images. U assume I exist when in actuality I may not. U ASSUME things are as u perceive them.
Re: The Dangers Of Eating Canned Foods by ogedanny: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Harassed By Mopol At Mega Chicken For Taking Pictures / Cost Of Healthy Diet Per Adult In Nigeria (January 2024) / DANMODI RICE Mill In Jigawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.