Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did (40262 Views)

Nigerian Medical Student Acknowledged For Outstanding Performance In USA / UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation / Lecturer Caught In A Hotel With His Student In Cross River State (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by wokemzine: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2017
eyinjuege:
He could have simply dedicated to miss warreva, and not put the sweetheart part

Yea
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Anijay1212(m): 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
MrMcJay:

Fortunately, you're not in a position to decide but just an online troll.

For your information, in academic and literary work, there are persons referred to as Muses. These are persons particularly women who are sources of artistic and scholarly inspiration.

Unrequited love for Fanny Brawne drove John Keats to write some of his best and most intense poetry.

The story of Charles Dickens and his muse Ellen Ternan was recently dramatized in the movie The Invisible Woman

Maude Gonne inspired several writings of Y.B. Yeats. She did for 20 years before eventually getting married - to him.

Vivienne Elliot was a great source of inspiration to the writings of T.S. Elliot. Unfortunately, they had a whirlwind marriage.

Even Shakespeare's latter sonnets were though to be written to "a dark lady". No one knows her identity, but she was a mysterious woman who held him in sexual and emotional thrall.

There's a reason why the Professor left marking academic theses to attend a wedding party and you also supporting him out of ignorance. No one from your lineage or that of the professor is as intelligent as those men listed above.
Well written Sir.
Unfortunately common sence is so uncommon.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by femalehealth: 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
What's wrong in acknowledging your sweetheart, although he could have said something like, my best friend or dear friend
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Luckyomon(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
I actually understand the angle the prof. is coming from. Dedicating your project to your girlfriend not wife is a big NO.
when I was an undergraduate I dedicated my project to my ex gf but I later regretted because she broke up with me a month later.

now wetin I go tell my wife and children once they see my project. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Dindondin(m): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Prof.

A degree is earned in character and in learning.

This student has proven himself to be bereft of noble character if the source of his inspiration for an academic thesis is something as mundane and immoral as the amorous company of a female bedfellow.

It is one thing to be involved in premarital sexual escapades, it's another thing to celebrate it on the pages of an academic literary work for posterity to see.

Morals have gone extinct.

If I were this Prof, this student will fail.
Gbam!
your brain didnt work well this time.
You n the Prof are wrong. The guy has every right to dedicate his project to anyone.
Your problem is you are still useless

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Enskynelson(m): 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
Luckyomon:
I actually understand the angle the prof. is coming from. Dedicating your project to your girlfriend not wife is a big NO.
when I was an undergraduate I dedicated my project to my ex gf but I later regretted because she broke up with me a month later.

now wetin I go tell my wife and children once they see my project. It doesn't make any sense to me.
The question is, should that be something for the Prof to question him about? Is that really his business?
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Jman06(m): 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
pedrilo:
the school authority did.
As long as the sch certificate to be issued to the student will certify him in hons and character.
U tink say sch na national union of road transport workers?
From the response av seen so far in this thread, the future of this nation is at risk of moral bankruptcy.
You are the one who has a problem! For Crying out loud, what's wrong in a grown up guy having a girlfriend? Why do some Nigerians reason like fools? What moral wrong has the guy done?
No wonder Nigeria is so backward!

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by efonat(m): 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
If it's private, he shouldn't have made it public. Private issues should be kept private.
ceeceeuwa:

Who made him the judge over his private life?

1 Like

Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Shinery0123(m): 10:22am On Oct 17, 2017
proffemi:

Good Lord! Take it easy abeg.
What exactly suggests immorality to you? How does "motivation" equal "premarital sexual escapades"? His sweetheart is his muse (or so he says). Ki ni big deal?

I wish assessors would focus on the technical content of theses and stop wasting time on inanities.
As a rule, other than grammar, I let students do as they please with their dedication /acknowledgement (unless they really go overboard of course).
Exactly o. For God sake this is not the first I will hear professors calling a female student (strictly with the lecturer-student relationship) sweetheart or even a male prof to a male student and vice versa.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by IgedeBushBoy(m): 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
I guess it's BSU. No doubt about it.
Re: Student Acknowledged His Sweetheart In His Seminar & His Professor Lecturer Did by Jman06(m): 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
4Y
mickeyenglish:

i'm really sorry to say this, but I think you are mad, along with most of the opposing commentators/critics.Are you even a graduate or student of an institution? When writing an acknowledgment, you are expected to be as formal and logical as a sane being. Do you even realize that project works are used by successive students as a means of guideline and samples. She's not even your wife, but a girlfriend and even if you are to acknowledge her, it won't be in a manner such as naively displaying your stupidity .. "sweetheart"?? Are you for real! In a research work of an assumed student of an institution . He should have used something much more elaborate like Awolowo's famous appraisal quote for his wife.." My Jewel of inestimable value ".. That would have sounded more convincing to the Prof.
Who do you even think you is supervising your research? A Doctor or assistant lecturer or even motor Park tout or MC Oluomo?? For God's sake even if it's a state university at least have respect for the Professor. If you had tried this stunt in OAU where I recently graduated, my god! Your own don Kpeme. It's not that the prove is an arrogant one but he expects such frugal escapade done elsewhere but not on your research work. What you can't perform in the likes of Harvard, Yale, Oxford and the other Ivy league institut9,that is what you are vehemently defending here. You guys would start screaming how useless and hopeless our institutions are when you are one of the arch perpetrators. Not changing the fact that are schools are shit sha.

Post No Bill.
Id1ot. It's unfortunate that you claim to be a graduate! So acknowledging a lady and addressing her as a sweetheart in the acknowledgement page of a thesis now means escapade? Gush! Do you even know that many university students are married? And that most of those who are not married are matured enough to be in love relationships? Do you think university students are like primary school pupils?
I'll advise you to return that university certificate you are holding because your post above shows that you are not capable of making sound judgements and as such should not be in possession of a university certificate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds / University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure / David Adeyemi Is First African World Student Organisation Appointee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.