Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist (22739 Views)

1st Birthday Of Nathaniel, Faith And Prince Godswill Edward Celebrate Son / Obasanjo & Goodluck Jonathan At 85th Birthday Of Gabriel Igbinedion Thanksgiving / Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
aint nobody hate igbo. yall the ones who hate everybody lolzz

bros make you sef reason the matter ? which igbo man in the history of this world has a name olaudah equiano ? that one sound like igbo name to you ? walahi
equiano is hw dem whites den spelt ikwuano (ikwu-ano) . olaudah is simply olauda (ola-uda)

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
of course. i can show you many afonjas in the village in ogun state
LMAO ok

Please respect the legacy of Mazi Olauda Ikwuano.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
giftq:

LMAO ok

Please respect the legacy of Mazi Olauda Ikwuano .

chei you haf take style change his last name to igbo. thereby admitting the name wasnt igbo in the first place lmao. you see as you cast yourself ? grin
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
chei you haf take style change his last name to igbo. thereby admitting the name wasnt igbo in the first place lmao. you see as you cast yourself ? grin
What does "Eboe" in this document refer to ==>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
equiano is hw dem whites den spelt ikwuano (ikwu-ano) . olaudah is simply olauda (ola-uda)
brah, the whites did not spell the name. he wrote that name himself when he wrote his book. chei you see how the lie is slowly unravelling ? lmao

now that you realise the name is not igbo you are trying to change it yourself to ikwuano lmaoooo. the man himself wrote equiano on his memoirs
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
giftq:

What does "Eboe" in this document refer to ==>
i dont doubt the fact he spoke some igbo. just how you get some benin people who live in igbo-land today and speak igbo. so i am not disputing that he had contact with igbo people
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
brah, the whites did not spell the name. he wrote that name himself when he wrote his book. chei you see how the lie is slowly unravelling ? lmao

now that you realise the name is not igbo you are trying to change it yourself to ikwuano lmaoooo. the man himself wrote equiano on hiss memoirs
ignorance has no cure, enjoy yourself. he's Eboe and dere is nothing dat can b done abt it. shalom

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
ignorance has no cure, enjoy yourself. he's Eboe and dere is nothing dat can b done abt it. shalom
mayne that nigga was bini. shalom wink
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
He was not even born in Africa. He just wrote down what he heard from other illiterate slaves to make his own fame

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
i dont doubt the fact he spoke some igbo. just how you get some benin people who live in igbo-land today and speak igbo. so i am not disputing that he had contact with igbo people
What evidence do you have that he spoke Bini language?

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
Google was nt celebrating cultism so he can't b Bini

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
giftq:

What evidence do you have that he spoke Bini language?
well i never met the man myself so ermm lol. however the historians say he is bini. thats exactly how it is written in the books. they say BINI
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
aribisala0:
He was not even born in Africa. He just wrote down what he heard from other illiterate slaves to make his own fame
he's Afonja
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
Google was nt celebrating cultism so he can't b Bini
Lmao so bini is only known for cultism ? walahi make benin boys catch you
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
well i never met the man myself so ermm lol. however the historians say he is bini. thats exactly how it is written in the books. they say BINI
which book says Benin?

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
You are yet to provide any shred of evidence proving that he knew or spoke Bini language, or answered a Bini name

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
Lmao so bini is only known for cultism ? walahi make benin boys catch you
Na dere me dey, nthn dey sup

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2017
giftq:

You are yet to provide any shred of evidence proving that he knew or spoke Bini language, or answered a Bini name
no mind am, hin come enjoy hinsef for nairaland
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
aribisala0:
yeah there is also that angle to the story. some say he was born in the carribean and some say he was born in virginia or georgia. its like how the founder of the hebrew israelites rabbi matthews claimed to be from nigeria to get fame. its something spiritual about nigeria that makes people of old always lay claim to it. even the guy who mentored moses mosiah garvey moved to nigeria. duse ali. all the revolutionaries of this world are connected to nigeria. malcolm x got his name omowale when he was in nigeria. they all come to nigeria. nigeria is the spiritual ground of the world. we dont understand what we have
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ngozi123:

You have to shut that nonsense down immediately or else they’ll continue to push their propaganda and some may start to believe it to be true. This is exactly what they did with regards to the Igbos in the South-South.

Very true my dear. On previous threads, i tried hard to silence the benin lie. Its good to shoot it down early.

Had equiano not spoken igbo language and narrated igbo culture in his book. We would be in trouble today arguing his tribe. The benin scholars never claimed him. It is the yolobats, unable to find an educated yoloba slave before equiano, that manufactured and propagate the benin lies.

Thank God he narrated his culture which clearly is igbo. Else, we would be arguing endlessly with envious and vicious yolobat.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
giftq:

olaudah is a bini name. reason am na
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Pigsandidiots: 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
Drogbs:
see the illiterate yoruba dunces trying so hard to distort history, when facts stare right in their weed induced faces that the man Olaudah was pure and undiluted Igbo(he even documented it in his writings, and all archives and database collections about his life that are easily accessible on the freaking internet also pointed out his "Eboe" tribe...an anglicized old way the British people referred to the Igbos..heck even some yorubas on these site mischeviously call Igbos "Eboes"winkmy God...if I didn't have some intelligent yoruba friends, I would have long concluded these people are the dumbest numbskulls right after the IQ metric of cave dwelling Neanderthals:.tufiakwa
Why are you so pained like this? Spit

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pigsandidiots:
This is the dumbest question ever heard. The igbos that speak Yoruba or Hausa, where do they learn them?

So a benin man would leave his own language and wtite igbo in his biography and narrate igbo culture and tradition.. Shame

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
which book says Benin?
all the history books bruv
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
all the history books bruv
u must b a prolific author n writer. bt u can't revise well documented history.
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
which book says Benin?

Yoloba books.

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
u must b a prolific author n writer. bt u can't revise well documented history.
lmao. anyway the point is he is nigerian. a nigerian of benin extraction so we all claim him as ours. he is a true son of the soil. a nigerian son
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
sukkot:
lmao. anyway the point is he is nigerian. a nigerian of benin extraction so we all claim him as ours. he is a true son of the soil. a nigerian son
carry go, u don chop belle full.
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by tishbite41(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
Fineman87:

Yoloba books.
lmao
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
Fineman87:

So a benin man would leave his own language and wtite igbo in his biography and narrate igbo culture and tradition.. Shame
cc sukkot Leez

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
giftq:

cc sukkot Leez
well he did mention the igbo as well as the benin connection. he was embracing all the places that molded him. but olaudah is benin name. if his name was tochukwu then i for say he is igbo
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by sukkot: 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
carry go, u don chop belle full.
lmaoooo grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Fayemi: “I Am Going To Resign My Appointment As Minister In The Next 2 Weeks" / El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce / Tambuwal: I Withdrew From Presidential Race In The Larger Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.