Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,360 members, 7,839,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo (6344 Views)

'The Candidates': Atiku Asked To Define 'Corruption' / Obasanjo: Atiku Associating Himself With Failures- Balarabe Musa / VP Osinbajo Arrives Osogbo Amid Tight Security Presence (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Ijaya123: 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
rozayx5:
Shut it

All talk no results

undecided

Not difficult to identify those other terrible home training and upbringing...
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by tit(f): 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
After stealing $26 billiins this lying pastor is talking nonsense
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by smileyoo: 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
just sweet talks, but africa need sweet actions. start with basic infrastrutures and affordable education for all. african leaders are busy wasting their human resources, by their irresponsible governance, & human resources is the best vehicle for the speedy development of any nation or continent, you can ask the asian tigers.
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
musicwriter:
History determines the future, unless we do something about it. As at yet, we haven't dealt with the past to uninstall imposed values installed by Europeans.

English is still our official language in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, Gambia, Uganda, Botswana, e.t.c as installed by Britain over 150 years ago. The legal system in above countries are still as installed by Britain. What Osinbajo himself studied is law according to Britain, removing any African way of dispute resolution.

French is still the official language in Benin republic, Togo, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, Ivory Coast, e.t.c as installed by France over 150 years ago The legal system in above countries are still as installed by France, removing any African way of dispute resolution.

So, yes, history still determine our future today.

surely africa way of settling dispute needs to incorporated into our legal system....Who carry terrorism come Africa? for all i care Africa has always been a prosperous Continent...from the Malian prosperous empire to Egyptian to asante to oyo empire etc.
We need to trado change some institution to African ways of doing things aibeit refined and polished.

1 Like

Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by musicwriter(m): 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
WiLdFLame:

surely africa way of settling dispute needs to incorporated into our legal system....Who carry terrorism come Africa? for all i care Africa has always been a prosperous Continent...from the Malian prosperous empire to Egyptian to asante to oyo empire etc.
We need to trado change some institution to African ways of doing things aibeit refined and polished.

The line in bold is what they should be doing instead of speaking English on TV.

Left on our own, these institutions through many years of evolution would have been refined and polished over the past years on its own. We no longer remember things like our legal system would've run on a different setting based on African philosophy. In fact, it was already that way, but simply uninstalled by Britain and replaced with theirs.
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Smooyis(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
Very correct Mr VP
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Faeton: 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
At least the masses are gradually grasping that "Real eyes , realise real lies".
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2017
musicwriter:

The line in bold is what they should be doing instead of speaking English on TV.

Left on our own, these institutions through many years of evolution would have been refined and polished over the past years on its own. We no longer remember things like our legal system would've run on a different setting based on African philosophy. In fact, it was already that way, but simply uninstalled by Britain and replaced with theirs.

pls can you share me some study books,articles or so on this school of thought;how this institution were run compare to what we have now pls...mo start research to implement this things
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by musicwriter(m): 7:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
WiLdFLame:

pls can you share me some study books,articles or so on this school of thought;how this institution were run compare to what we have now pls...mo start research to implement this things

Yes, the legal system was already running on African setting incorporating songs in some parts of Africa. In the UNESCO general history of Africa, professor Wole Soyinka talked about art and theater before Europeans arrived and how Europeans destroyed them. He talked about how a special type of song was used in presenting cases before a jury and a lot more.

Do you need e-books or audio books or both? Email: kemeticphilosophy@gmail
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
musicwriter:

Yes, the legal system was already running on African setting incorporating songs in some parts of Africa. In the UNESCO general history of Africa, professor Wole Soyinka talked about art and theater before Europeans arrived and how Europeans destroyed them. He talked about how a special type of song was used in presenting cases before a jury and a lot more.

Do you need e-books or audio books or both? Email:
sent you a mail
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by musicwriter(m): 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
WiLdFLame:
sent you a mail

Ok. Will reply when I get home.
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
musicwriter:

Ok. Will reply when I get home.

thanks sir
One of my father said" Unless we use our resources for research, we won't know our worth as a race. And if we don't, we may continue to be where we are!"
Example...Ogun lakaye was the first god to cast iron...if its spiritual essence was pursued, we should have advanced technologically in African way which will be very dynamic
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
Bolustical:
In as much the VP is apt, we, especially youths, must understand history-where we're coming from and the paths we are threading and our destinations lest some marauders come and mislead us to commit mistakes of the past.

Nigeria has no future to look up to, just darkness n nothing more.
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by musicwriter(m): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
WiLdFLame:

thanks sir
One of my father said" Unless we use our resources for research, we won't know our worth as a race. And if we don't, we may continue to be where we are!"
example...Ogun lakaye was the first god to cast iron...if its spiritual essence was pursued, we should have advanced technologically in African way which will be very dynamic

We were already doing all that and were already advancing ahead of Europe. Europeans were only able to catch up and overtake us during the many years of slavery and colonialism.

Gold was invented in Africa. We were the first to mine gold.

The first technological wonder, the pyramid was built in Africa by Africans.

The most beautiful artworks in the world were first created by Africans. Our masterpieces are all over European museums. Europeans have nothing to show in their own museums, except stolen arts from Africa.

The first university was in Africa, in the Waset temple, formerly North Susan now Egypt.

The science of Astronomy and geometry was first studied by Africans. That's exactly what was used in building the pyramid.

The list is endless.

White people did not invent anything good before us. It was only after our defeat that history was re-written and anything suggesting black power erased from the history books.

Including religion and gods you cited. All the so called western religions; Christianity, Judaism, Islam, evolved from tradional African religions.

There're books on all these and I will send them. We (black people) have been on this earth for millions of years before the emergence of any other race. We invented agriculture, all the arts and basic sciences.

You can begin by reading Why Europeans Were Able to Conquer Africa And the Rest of the World http://www.africason.com/2017/09/why-europeans-were-able-to-conquer.html
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
musicwriter:

We were already doing all that and were already advancing ahead of Europe. Europeans were only able to catch up and overtake us during the many years of slavery and colonialism.

Gold was invented in Africa. We were the first to mine gold.

The first technological wonder, the pyramid was built in Africa by Africans.

The most beautiful artworks in the world were first created by Africans. Our masterpieces are all over European museums. Europeans have nothing to show in their own museums, except stolen arts from Africa.

The first university was in Africa, in the Waset temple, formerly North Susan now Egypt.

The science of Astronomy and geometry was first studied by Africans. That's exactly what was used in building the pyramid.

The list is endless.

White people did not invent anything good before us. It was only after our defeat that history was re-written and anything suggesting black power erased from the history books.

Including religion and gods you cited. All the so called western religions; Christianity, Judaism, Islam, evolved from tradional African religions.

There're books on all these and I will send them. We (black people) have been on this earth for millions of years before the emergence of any other race. We invented farming and all the arts and sciences.

You can begin by reading Why Europeans Were Able to Conquer Africa And the Rest of the World http://www.africason.com/2017/09/why-europeans-were-able-to-conquer.html

I think a political party of Africanism ideologies, oodua ideologies should be created, amass great political power to correct d wrongs, doing things in our own way more refined and polished..make babalawo no dey proud to disclose his herbal process shrewded in human egocentric mystery; for d benefit of all,religion refined.am of this school of thought.you see majority of we who are christians or muslims still go backdoor to our ancient religion for answers to problems. any effective way to connect to God to solve problems beyond our human capability is a true way. let our religion be more refined and propagated like how the islam and christianity propagated theirs...the cult around the ogbonis and other traditional frat demystifyied to more open source like the budha,christianity,shintoism(people wey practice dis sef, dre life better pass other wey carry popular religion for head like galla) etc or what do you think?. lets wrong what has made Africa savage in the world's view and i think that would be through politics-cent-enlightenment. i am of this school of thought.
look at the yoruba " akosejaye" names in yoruba idiosyncrasies carries spiritual essense/meaning etc
will love, if you enlighten me more on this
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by musicwriter(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
WiLdFLame:

I think a political party of Africanism ideologies, oodua ideologies should be created, amass great political power to correct d wrongs, doing things in our own way more refined and polished..make babalawo no dey proud to disclose his herbal process shrewded in human egocentric mystery; for d benefit of all,religion refined.am of this school of thought.what i see majority of we people who are christian or muslin still go backdoor for the our ancient religion for answers to problems. any effective way to connect to God to solve problems beyond our human capability is a true way. let our religion be more refined and propagated like how the islam and christianity propagated theirs...the cult around the ogbonis and other traditional frat dimystifyied to more open source like the budha,christianity,shintoism(people wey practice dis sef, dre life better pass other wey carry popular religion for head like galla) etc or what do you think?. lets wrong what has made Africa savage in the world's view andi think that would be through politics-cent-enlightenment. i am of this school of thought.
will love, if you enlighten me more on this

As I said I'll send you books about all these.

But, if you're asking what we should do, I will tell you what needs to be done is change the system of education given us by white people and replace it with one we create, where knowledge would be what we approve as knowledge, and not what Europeans approve as knowledge. This's the easiest and fastest way to create Africans who know all these things. And when we learn differently we will think differently. The education we inherited from Europeans is in itself a remnant of slavery, and as far as I am concerned that's our biggest challenge.

Adolf Hitler was a mind controller and he said "let me control the textbooks and I will control the mind of the nation".

Only education can be used to change the way a people think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2017
musicwriter:

As I said I'll send you books about all these.

But, if you're asking what we should do, I will tell you what needs to be done is change the system of education given us by white people and replace it with one we create, where knowledge would be what we approve as knowledge, and not what Europeans approve as knowledge. This's the easiest and fastest way to create Africans who know all these things. And when we learn differently we will think differently. The education we inherited from Europeans is in itself a remnant of slavery, and as far as I am concerned that's our biggest challenge.

Adolf Hitler was a mind controller and he said "let me control the textbooks and I will control the mind of the nation".

Only education can be used to change the way a people think.

Pinpoint!! Love this...na long overhaul be this must be oo...new subjects, new curriculum, new mode of teaching...physics and chemistry..how this go take be...lolz..cant agree less sir
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by NSK4U(m): 9:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kaslyni:
And what precisely did he lie about?
no 1 is......OUR PRESIDENT IS HALE AND HEARTY
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by Kaslyni: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
NSK4U:

no 1 is......OUR PRESIDENT IS HALE AND HEARTY
He never used the words 'hale and hearty' he merely said jubrin the sudanese was 'recuperating fast and will soon return' which eventually happened
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by CoolAmbience(m): 12:44am On Oct 17, 2017
chloride6:
Nigeria doesn't not need all these clean energy cars or wherever.

All this talk about entrepreneurship is tiring.

We don't need entrepreneurs, we need infrastructure. We need electricity, we need decent housing, healthcare, education , roads, security as we as justice system.

Give me all this and take away any billions I may or may not make.

Entrepreneurship is a coded way of Goverment saying we should all sort our self.

Entrepreneurship is the only way out for Africa. As much as govt. has a key role to play, especially in enabling businesses with right, clearly thought-out and consistent policies; the infrastructural inadequacies as you mentioned them, serve to further underscore why entrepreneurship is critical to Africa's development.

It means that we have got too many problems, cutting across sectors, and we need to solve them to improve living conditions around the continent. Entreprenuership looks at finding solutions to societal problems regardless of daunting odds. It merely acknowledges prevailing challenges but never makes excuses of them.

I wish you were there to here the Dangote story by Alh. Aliko Dangote as well as other super inspiring stories.
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by chloride6: 1:02am On Oct 17, 2017
CoolAmbience:

Entrepreneurship is the only way out for Africa. As much as govt. has a key role to play, especially in enabling businesses with right, clearly thought-out and consistent policies; the infrastructural inadequacies as you mentioned them, serve to further underscore why entrepreneurship is critical to Africa's development.

It means that we have got too many problems, cutting across sectors, and we need to solve them to improve living conditions around the continent. Entreprenuership looks at finding solutions to societal problems regardless of daunting odds. It merely acknowledges prevailing challenges but never makes excuses of them.

I wish you were there to here the Dangote story by Alh. Aliko Dangote as well as other super inspiring stories.

Am sorry but I have to disagree with you. The concept of entrepreneurship is most certainly not new to us and even predate colonialism.

Entrepreneurship will only thrive and succeed to the level that the present infrastructure will support it to.

How does entrepreneurship provide security? How many entrepreneurs have come out of Syria in the last one year? Mark Zukerberg is as successful as the American Infrastructure allows him to be. If Mark was born in Nigeria, he wouldn't be the 6th richest man in world.

Our people are poor because we have an infrastructural deficit. Will entrepreneur provide public schooling?

Will entrepreneurs provide health,?

Have a nice day.
Re: Past History of Failures Does Not Define Africa's Future--VP Osinbajo by luckyogor(m): 7:39am On Oct 17, 2017
Forget about the past,talk about the present,they are still failing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn / Amid Fears Over Insecurity, Makinde Accuse Journalists Of Stoking Ethnic Tension / Breaking News: Nigerian Air Force Bomb ESN Hideouts In Orlu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.