Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York (57661 Views)

Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix) / Two Brothers Burn To Death In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Auto Crash / 17 Travellers Burn To Death In Fatal Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Explorers(m): 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
This is the moment a New York man was caught on camera hailing a taxi to leave the scene of a car crash while his trapped female friend burned to death nearby.

The footage shows Saeed Ahmed asking a taxi driver in the middle of a highway if he can get a ride just moments after crashing his car on in Brooklyn on Friday night.

The video, which was shot by a witness and obtained by ABC7, shows his car engulfed in flames in the background.

His passenger, Harleen Grewel, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene after her charred body was found in the front passenger seat by firefighters at the scene.

Ahmad was allegedly weaving in and out of traffic on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway before his 2007 Infiniti G35 hit a barrier.

He is said to have escaped the burning wreckage before flagging down the taxi to take him to hospital, leaving Grewel behind in the burning car.

Saeed was later arrested at a hospital where he was being treated for burns to his arms and legs following the crash.

Ahmad's father has since said he doesn't know what his son was thinking fleeing the scene of the horror crash.

'I don't know what happened yet, I need to see him, talk to him, find out what happened,' Mohammad Azam told the New York Daily News.

He was charged with criminally negligent homicide, leaving the scene of an accident, aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle and over speeding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4983614/Moment-driver-hails-taxi-flee-New-York-car-crash.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Libo45: 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
One word: Evil.
How did he even get out??

Maybe he was going to get water from his house to put out the fire. Winch

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by kingzic(m): 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by herdeythoun(f): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Pierohandsome: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
What were u expecting him to do, to jump into the fire and drag the girl out?

36 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by talk2saintify(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
sad

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by talk2saintify(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pierohandsome:

call for help

210 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
He should be charged for manslaughter

he owed her a duty of care.

men the predators, it's revolting when they try to claim Victims. bunch of big bad wolves

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by IamLEGEND1: 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nice!
Operation Save yourself.
Take a minute to look at the burning wreckage and tell me how exactly he was meant to pull her out of there. He probably escaped with his own life by a hair's breadth.
She was already a lost cause...... Anyone so much as goes near that car is suicidal or at best wake up in the ICU 4weeks later with 3rd degree burns.
Unless they had a suicide pact, leaving her in there was the best course of action.
Men are a lot of things, but we're not fireproof.

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by biacan(f): 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
Men are heartless

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by bigtt76(f): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2017
He probably killed her before the accident and only used it to cover up the crime.

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Dasherz(f): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
bigtt76:
He probably killed her before the accident and only used it to cover up the crime.

I think You're right in a way. .. a cover up for murder

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Adukey(f): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
He should have called for help at least.

13 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Friedyokes: 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
Right course of action:
Yes it was the smart thing to do ....to him he assessed the situation ...saw he couldn't help...so then sort to help himself ...could have sustained a blow to the head ...so seeking medical attention was prudent..
Morality:
Are you 4kin kidding me ...he caused the accident through his reckless driving ...basically he killed/is killing her...and he just left the scene like it was nothing... Didn't flag down help for something that was clearly his fault
Analysis:
Situation looks weird
Hypothesis:
various possible scenarios could be the cause
-the accident had more effect than obvious leaving him in shock ...so his fight or flight took over. The latter being prevalent
-the "accident" wasn't an accident at all merely a means to cover up something more sinister
-the guy is an inconsiderate A-HOLE
conclusion
Further more in-depth analysis needs to be carried out before sentence is passed

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Blackhawk01: 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
I would have done the same thing. lipsrsealed sad

3 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
What's his name?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by mofeoluwadassah: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
the guy no one do romieo and julliet things grin

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
lalasticlala..
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by sureteeboy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Nice!
Operation Save yourself.
Take a minute to look at the burning wreckage and tell me how exactly he was meant to pull her out of there. He probably escaped with his own life by a hair's breadth.
She was already a lost cause...... Anyone so much as goes near that car is suicidal or at best wake up in the ICU 4weeks later with 3rd degree burns.
Unless they had a suicide pact, leaving her in there was the best course of action.
I see sense in what you wrote. Nevertheless, he shouldn't have left in such manner. He could have vindicated himself in a little way if he had called for help the moment he escaped from the fire.

23 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Omoluabi16(m): 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Nice!
Operation Save yourself.
Agreed, he couldn't save her. But leaving the site in such 'IDGAF' way was wicked. If he stayed and wail or called emergency, it's different. He's a suspect jare.

54 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by kingreign(m): 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
Evaberry:
He should be charged for manslaughter

he owed her a duty of care.

men the predators, it's revolting when they try to claim Victims. bunch of big bad wolves
feminist spotted

Note: I don't subscribe to negligence, I'm in support of his arrest n prosecution.

3 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Satansadvocate(m): 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Nice!
Operation Save yourself.

wetin this one dey talk?

Guy wetin dey worry you. Wetin dey work you?? The guy no even try at tall at tall. He no even call 911 self,he just wan run. If na your sister this kind thing they happen to you go just gbaga run leave am like that for inside fire enter taxi dey go hospital bah?? Abi??. To nod your eye just dey hungry me. Why you be like this? At least he should have done something. Maybe call for help. All those people with fire entinguisher will come and try something first within that five minute before emergency come. Nah hell fire the fire be wey the guy no fit enter??

PS:To all the ladies out there,please dont date such a sissy man like this fellow or the commenter am correcting,there love nah just for mouth. They can not take risk to rescue you if you get into life threatening circumstances.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Mrtesso: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
kingreign:
feminist spotted.

Seconded.
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by AceRoyal: 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
Very sad!

"Saeed Ahmed" is very heartless, wicked and inhumane!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Mrtesso: 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
I'm just interested in the brand model of taxi he entered. wink

3 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by AceRoyal: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Nice!
Operation Save yourself.
He could have stayed there and tried signaling for help or at least let people around know someone was in the wreckage. Instead of fleeing the scene!
We ain't fireproof, but at least men with functional hearts and brains won't act like this beastly coward did!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by IamLEGEND1: 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
Satansadvocate:

Nah hell fire the fire be wey the guy no fit enter??
Even kitchen fire i no go enter. Wetin go carry me Enter fire when I no be ghost rider... Woman, Save yourself or die. No time for iranu.
PS:To all the ladies out there,please dont date such a sissy man like this fellow or the commenter am correcting,there love nah just for mouth. They can not take risk to rescue you if you get into life threatening circumstances.
Guy, All of us as we dey so, na one life we carry come this world...... I cannot comman go and waste my own on top woman.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by baybeeboi: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
All i have ti say is

4 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Satansadvocate(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Even kitchen fire i no go enter. Save yourself or die. No time for iranu.
Guy, All of us as we dey so, na one life we carry come this world...... I cannot comman go and waste my own on top woman.

guy first reason this thing first and correct that your comment. The guy johnse nah. He behave like those islamic extrimist groups wey just bomb car and was running away from the scene. Guy i no say life precious but the guy over Bleep up. You self no fit do this kind thing. Even here for naija,if person car catch fire,everybody even the owner of the car go they hustle to off or rescue people first. The guy no even try anything self,he just gbaga gbese just like that.

16 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by KendrickAyomide: 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pierohandsome:
sorry, but you are a Foool

15 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by cristianisraeli: 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ahmad's father has since said he doesn't know what his son was thinking fleeing the scene of the horror crash.

'I don't know what happened yet, I need to see him, talk to him, find out what happened,' Mohammad Azam told the New York Daily News.

He was charged with criminally negligent homicide, leaving the scene of an accident, aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle and over speeding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4983614/Moment-driver-hails-taxi-flee-New-York-car-crash.html
[/quote]

he is arab what do you expect,am not suprised and i can guess his religion..lol

13 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by castrol180(m): 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
the guy is a confirm terrorist!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Tour Of New Afrika Shrine To See Fela Kuti's Bedroom And Belongings (video) / Cameroonian Man Excited As He Relocates From Poland To Nigeria For Better Life / 3,000-year-old ‘lost Golden City’ Of Ancient Egypt Discovered (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.