Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York (57679 Views)

Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix) / Two Brothers Burn To Death In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Auto Crash / 17 Travellers Burn To Death In Fatal Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by stevecantrell: 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
bigtt76:
He probably killed her before the accident and only used it to cover up the crime.

I like this...

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by ikdaddy01(m): 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
when we tell them to go for LOVE they refuse and say....he is handsome, he is rich, he is that....ngwanu! E don happen!!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Lilimax(f): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
smithsydny:
What's his name?
Saeed Ahmed. Na dem embarassed

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by davidadenrele: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pierohandsome:
What were u expecting him to do, to jump into the fire and drag the girl out?
Atleast he should make an attempt to rescue her, girlfriend we are talking about human life here,in a fire and the best comment you could make is what should the guy do?? If the poor lady was your sister will you be saying this rubbish you have no conscience whatsoever!!!! Lord have Mercy i wish iam God for just 1hour some humans will recieved instant judgement without any fair trial.

4 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by 26Clueless(m): 10:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
Oh...Saeed Ahmed d name said it all....he definitely thinks there's rewards on heaven for doing such... I'm sure d girl is non Muslim

Don't Bleep**ing quote me

2 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Toppytek(m): 10:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
Dasherz:

I think You're right in a way. .. a cover up for murder
alibi
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Toppytek(m): 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
bigtt76:
He probably killed her before the accident and only used it to cover up the crime.

you mean the fire was just an Alibi?
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
Lilimax:
Saeed Ahmed. Na dem embarassed
same same people

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
yelanst:
Na the same people wey we know as terrorists. Fine babe dating a terrorist.
nah them ooo

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
heryur:
Google check
EPP me

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Originalsly: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2017
eyinjuege:

You can be sure that man is more American than Arab. There are wicked selfish people everywhere regardless of their nationality or religion.
Because his name sounds Arabic, or Nigerian doesn't mean the news shouldn't be reported. News of reckless people with English sounding names are also reported. They didn't lie on him, or frame his response at the scene.
Everyone who lives there knows it's a crime to flee the scene of an accident.

Maybe stop the taxi, and ask the taxi to call 911 emergency number.
Not a matter of the news being reported... but how it is reported. Eg...the biggest mass shooting in American history by a gunman ...if his name was Saheed Amed.... do you really believe the media would've labeled him the shooter?...and not label him as a terrorist?...and do you really believe the media would be virtually silent on that today? Again...how it is reported and what is implied. On calling 911...you have concluded he never did... nor asked anyone to. Maybe he didn't. ... and under such circumstances when fear and panic step in one generally does not think straight....and I'm talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Topestbilly(m): 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
smithsydny:
What's his name?

Ask Pope Francis ..
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2017
Topestbilly:

Ask Pope Francis ..
his sleeping ryt now
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by 989900: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
[s]Nice!
Operation Save yourself.
Take a minute to look at the burning wreckage and tell me how exactly he was meant to pull her out of there. He probably escaped with his own life by a hair's breadth.
She was already a lost cause...... Anyone so much as goes near that car is suicidal or at best wake up in the ICU 4weeks later with 3rd degree burns.
Unless they had a suicide pact, leaving her in there was the best course of action.
Men are a lot of things, but we're not fireproof. [/s]

3 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by ajl: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pierohandsome:

When an accident happen here, you are not expected to leave the scene but wait for the arrival of a police and an ambulance. He should have requested that the taxi driver help him call 911, and never leave the scene. For the fact that he was on his feet and was able to walk up to a taxi suggest his injury was non-life threatening.

He was probably running away from something or he was not in the right frame of mind. Though he may have an arguement that the sight of his girl friend burning in the car was too much for him to stay and watch. With the sight of that flame he couldn't have done much.

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Origin(f): 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
A lot of people passed that car without helping. Even the person filming or taking pictures. No one there had offered to help him before he hailed a taxi.

We know the drill, autopsy to determine cause of depth. Conduct enquiry into cause of accident or fire. Then we'll know what's what.
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by joinnow: 10:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by mofedamijo(m): 11:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
Something is not right,i guess theres more to this,i will be in shock,in tears,dazed,i wont even see the taxi let alone stop it,i will be right there in pains,not bciz am a sissy,buh coz she is human,she has a family,n she is som1 i love.........that guy gat some questions to answer mehn...

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Justiceleague1: 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
Everywhere they go....
....mabad grin

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by One4me: 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pierohandsome:

ajl:

When an accident happen here, you are not expected to leave the scene but wait for the arrival of a police and an ambulance. He should have requested that the taxi driver help him call 911, and never leave the scene. For the fact that he was on his feet and was able to walk up to a taxi suggest his injury was non-life threatening.

He was probably running away from something or he was not in the right frame of mind. Though he may have an arguement that the sight of his girl friend burning in the car was too much for him to stay and watch. With the sight of that flame he couldn't have done much.

He may even have momentarily lost his bearing after the shock of the accident.

People have accident, wakeup to find they are actually still alive, run like mad, fall down and then die immediately after!
What about that? It is called TRAUMA
Was it also criminal negligent?

Just because he could not do anything to save the woman (not his job though because he is not a ParaMedic, l dont think if we reverse the case, any woman will enter a burning car that may explod anytime, to save their boyfriend), doesnot mean he killed her or wanted her to die.
He could have been dead himself.

We should stop holding men to any exagerated level of expectation (just because they are Males) while preaching EQUALITY of Gender and not holding women to the same yardstick

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by arnold123: 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
Explorers:
This is the moment a New York man was caught on camera hailing a taxi to leave the scene of a car crash while his trapped female friend burned to death nearby.

The footage shows Saeed Ahmed asking a taxi driver in the middle of a highway if he can get a ride just moments after crashing his car on in Brooklyn on Friday night.

The video, which was shot by a witness and obtained by ABC7, shows his car engulfed in flames in the background.

His passenger, Harleen Grewel, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene after her charred body was found in the front passenger seat by firefighters at the scene.

Ahmad was allegedly weaving in and out of traffic on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway before his 2007 Infiniti G35 hit a barrier.

He is said to have escaped the burning wreckage before flagging down the taxi to take him to hospital, leaving Grewel behind in the burning car.

Saeed was later arrested at a hospital where he was being treated for burns to his arms and legs following the crash.

Ahmad's father has since said he doesn't know what his son was thinking fleeing the scene of the horror crash.

'I don't know what happened yet, I need to see him, talk to him, find out what happened,' Mohammad Azam told the New York Daily News.

He was charged with criminally negligent homicide, leaving the scene of an accident, aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle and over speeding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4983614/Moment-driver-hails-taxi-flee-New-York-car-crash.html
both of them are perfectly insane
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by xpectme(m): 11:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
Evaberry:
He should be charged for manslaughter

he owed her a duty of care.

men the predators, it's revolting when they try to claim Victims. bunch of big bad wolves
nawa ooo,ur boyfriend break ur heart? dis is not normal

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by One4me: 11:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
Tecno66:
Not really but at least stick around to show concern. No be dog dey born o. Over there, he may still have been arrested if it were a dog not to talk of human being. Haba bros!

Yea, all these fake concern wey una dey show.

of what use is sticking around, just to prove that you are concerned?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by One4me: 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
Originalsly:
What was he supposed to do?...run back into the flames?.... call 911?...did he have his phone? He was,also burnt and needed urgent medical attention. If his name were not Saeed Ahmed... the accident would've taken a different tone ..... the witnesses and ones video taping would've been the villains. What's the subconscious message sent out?....these Muslim people are all heartless.... this man just ran away and left his companion to burn to death ... never lifted a finger to help her ... as if he could have. We swallowed that message and ran with it. That's how we get brainwashed and don't even know....that's how we are trained to hate others and don't even know.
Is he innocent?..no. Should he be charged? Yes....I think manslaughter...and depraved indifference being the main two. Depraved Indifference because he was driving recklessly. ... not for leaving his friend in the car.

If we take and make our assumptions from what was reported ONLY, there is no indication in that report, that he was pseeding, speeding recklessly or was even the cause of the accident. So, dont apportion blame without evidence.
All it said was that he left the scene of the accident.

Now, he could be in a trance or trauma when he escaped the wreckage and needed urgent medical attention thus the need to reach a hospital immediately, since he would not have remembered to pick up his phone from the burning vehicle (that eliminates his ability to call 911).

He is not trained to fight fire and not a Paramedic - That eliminates his ability or responsibility to act like iron man (irrespective of whether it was his mother or girl friend that was in the burning car. Many people have drowned, trying to save a drowning person, with the "Hero-Thought" on their mind. grin ). That nullifies the criminal negligence charge

'Leaving the scene of an accident' presumes that you are alright, uninjured, rational and cognitive, so you are responsible for your thoughts and action. But a person who just survived a near-death accident, in non of the above, in terms of state of mind.
he was just in a survival mode, which is normal and automaic for all humans. That charge is also trashed.

Since it cannot be proved that he caused the accident and he was also "involved in the accident", manslaughter charges will not hold water.
To prove manslaughter, you need to show that he UNINTENTIONALLY caused the accident or killed the person.
Scenario could be: CAr was driving at 50km/h, engine caught fire and brakes failed to hold (brake fluid hose burnt and leaking), car crashed and he lost consiciousness but regained it momentarily in time to escape the fire though he still got burns on him. Prove me wrong on that. undecided

I am sure l am not even half as smart as his Lawyer, the guy would walk free.
Law is not about emotions but about what facts you can prove/disprove in court, based on what the law says.

2 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by chieni(f): 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
should I say men? just like that a life is wasted

1 Like

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by SURElee(f): 11:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kasa! The lady was pretty.
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by coldgate(f): 12:24am On Oct 17, 2017
Pierohandsome:

Call for help dumb ball.

2 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by manitobor(m): 12:34am On Oct 17, 2017
What do you expect? He's a muslim. Wickedness flows in their blood.

2 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Brush1: 12:46am On Oct 17, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Nice!
Operation Save yourself.
Take a minute to look at the burning wreckage and tell me how exactly he was meant to pull her out of there. He probably escaped with his own life by a hair's breadth.
She was already a lost cause...... Anyone so much as goes near that car is suicidal or at best wake up in the ICU 4weeks later with 3rd degree burns.
Unless they had a suicide pact, leaving her in there was the best course of action.
Men are a lot of things, but we're not fireproof.
Wo wo wo ... People around you need to take a distance.

4 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Brush1: 12:50am On Oct 17, 2017
Satansadvocate:

wetin this one dey talk?

Guy wetin dey worry you. Wetin dey work you?? The guy no even try at tall at tall. He no even call 911 self,he just wan run. If na your sister this kind thing they happen to you go just gbaga run leave am like that for inside fire enter taxi dey go hospital bah?? Abi??. To nod your eye just dey hungry me. Why you be like this? At least he should have done something. Maybe call for help. All those people with fire entinguisher will come and try something first within that five minute before emergency come. Nah hell fire the fire be wey the guy no fit enter??

PS:To all the ladies out there,please dont date such a sissy man like this fellow or the commenter am correcting,there love nah just for mouth. They can not take risk to rescue you if you get into life threatening circumstances.
My brother, I fear that guy. Heartless is the word.

2 Likes

Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by ZaBaene(m): 1:26am On Oct 17, 2017
bigtt76:

If she was dead before the fire, do you honestly believe they won't find out?
Re: Man Crashes Car And Leaves Girlfriend To Burn To Death In New York by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 17, 2017
Evaberry:
He should be charged for manslaughter

he owed her a duty of care.

men the predators, it's revolting when they try to claim Victims. bunch of big bad wolves

You HSE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vehicle Climbs Lagos Pedestrian Bridge, One Feared Dead (Video) / 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad / A Tour Of New Afrika Shrine To See Fela Kuti's Bedroom And Belongings (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.