Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (23023 Views)

Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? / I Stay In Ph, A Graduate, Pls I Need A Job, I Am Going Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by izaray(f): 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
mechanics:
Maybe the age limit is the problem, for one to get a fresh federal job at that age won't be easy o, because govt will want to start with someone not too old, so he may not tell you the actual problem.
He actually mentioned that to me. Infact dat was his biggest problem. Tnks!

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by madgoat(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
izaray:
A brother of mine got a very good chance yesterday, but rejected the job offer, due to his higher qualitification.

This guy should be close to his late 40's. He was offered a FRSC job yesterday, but the job qualification was meant for an SSCE

or ND holder. And his a graduate of a university, so he rejected the offer. Saying, uniform jobs are not always easy to

man-over after accepting with a lower qualification, then later try to put in his degree, and his considering his age too.

My good people, pls wat's ur own advice on dis Knowing how difficult it is to get a good job in our coutry.

How did he get the job? Is FRSC recruiting? I am interested in frsc job but i am a graduate
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by izaray(f): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
madgoat:

How did he get the job? Is FRSC recruiting? I am interested in frsc job but i am a graduate
Well, majority of our job opportunities in nigeria now is based on who u kno wink Agreed they are not recuriting, but some cabals still have strong connection everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Rajosh(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
What work is your brother doing presently? If nothing, advise him to take the job. Later, when they're doing proper placement, they'll promote him to his deserved rank. Nevertheless, while at this job he can keep searching for better offers. Nobody will stop him from leaving when he wants to.

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Rajosh(m): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
What work is your brother doing presently? If nothing, advise him to take up the job. Later, when they're doing proper placement, they'll promote him to his deserved rank. Nevertheless, while at this job he can keep searching for better offers. Nobody will stop him from leaving when he wants to.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by delerx(m): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
Sorry it's 500-700k per annum For the license
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by madgoat(m): 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2017
izaray:
Well, majority of our job opportunities in nigeria now is based on who u kno wink Agreed they are not recuriting, but some cabals still have strong connection everywhere.

Please i need link oh
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by mechanics(m): 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
izaray:
He actually mentioned that to me. Infact dat was his biggest problem. Tnks!
it's well my sister, maybe you advice him to go into business.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by muaa(f): 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
LastMumu:

Majority does not always equate correctness, history has always shown us that.

Op only posted what she thinks she knows about her brother's situation, she might be right she might be wrong. Her brother might be wrong to not have taken the offer, or maybe there is more to it than we know now.

You can't just immediately call him a fool for a personal decision he took after weighing his options, you don't know what he knows and you are only judging based on what you read here.

How would you feel if you are regarded as a fool for any unpopular decision you ever take?

Your head dey there
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:55am On Oct 19, 2017
Reality is you don't just resign or retire as a military or para military officer unless you get to an assigned years of service. Which most cases is minimum of 10 years. Whether you are promoted or not, you Must remain except you are going AWOL.

Sentiment apart, the intent of immediate/speedy solution to a life long impact can be grave and costly.

The ssce certificate could be regularize before that time, but that is a possibility because many masters holders are recruit in uniform and might even retire in such state.

It is not over yet.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by phemmynaetoc(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
izaray:
A brother of mine got a very good chance yesterday, but rejected the job offer, due to his higher qualitification.

This guy should be close to his late 40's. He was offered a FRSC job yesterday, but the job qualification was meant for an SSCE

or ND holder. And his a graduate of a university, so he rejected the offer. Saying, uniform jobs are not always easy to

man-over after accepting with a lower qualification, then later try to put in his degree, and his considering his age too.

My good people, pls wat's ur own advice on dis Knowing how difficult it is to get a good job in our coutry.

He should start with the job, who knows he might get promoted on the job when they see he is competent or even get a better job during the period. Except he has another option

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 30, 2017
izaray:
So did he accept the job in the end, or he got a better offer?
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by izaray(f): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2017
BenShammer:
So did he accept the job in the end, or he got a better offer?
He rejected it, and up till now nothing yet.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2017
izaray:
He rejected it, and up till now nothing yet.
Hmmm. It is well, something good will come his way eventually. There are simply no jobs out there, that's why I'm surprised when I see people disdaining jobs as not being up to their standard. Truth is, getting a Federal job these days is a near miracle.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by izaray(f): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
BenShammer:
Hmmm. It is well, something good will come his way eventually. There are simply no jobs out there, that's why I'm surprised when I see people disdaining jobs as not being up to their standard. Truth is, getting a Federal job these days is a near miracle.
Yea, his hoping for another one by Jan tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Be A Nurse In UAE / My Funny Job Searching Ordeal Today / Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.