Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo (991 Views)

Speakership: I’ll Never Step Down For Gbajabiamila, Says House Member / Again, God Bless Our President Muhammadu Buhari. / "Buhari Is Not Better, He Will Never Return. Osinbajo, Stop The Lies” – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by Tinny23(m): 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2017
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has said that God forbids he ever returns to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP after dumping PDP.

Chief Obasanjo made the statement after a closed-door meeting with the National Caretaker Committee Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmed Makarfi who led a delegation of PDP members to the chief at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta, Ogun state, on Tuesday.

Senator Makarfi in the meeting, reportedly, pleaded with Chief Obasanjo to come back to the party but the former president refused. According to Obasanjo, “I have told the chairman that I was in PDP before but not now. God forbid, when a dog vomits, it will go back to eat its vomit, no,” he said. “I have said no partisan politics for me again and not partisan politics, but Nigeria is my passion until death do us part and anything that concerns Nigeria; the good of Nigeria, you will see my involvement.

“So, the chairman has come to greet me and he will be going. You gentlemen and ladies of the press, you can now go, leave the chairman alone. “I have said that publicly before and I will say it again, for our democracy to thrive and continue to be strong, we need strong party in government and strong party in the opposition.”

Recall that Chief Obasanjo, in 2015, publicly tore his PDP membership card after declaring that he is no longer part of it. Chief Obasanjo also told Senator Makarfi that he will not participate in any active politcs again but must always support any act towards the continued sustenance of Nigeria’s unity.

source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/ill-never-return-to-pdp-again-god-forbid-obasanjo/

Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by python1: 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
The kingmaker has spoken, disgruntled pigs can cool off in the nearest mud.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by nairavsdollars(f): 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
A big slap on Makarfi's face. A man who has been around since the outbreak of the civil war in the late 60s. What value will the old man add to PDP again? That is why Nigeria remains where it is
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by kindklemz(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2017
And?
Wetin wan write self?
Baba just retire na make young people self get chance na, haba!
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by conductorH1: 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
These are the people that ran Fraudgeria down to zoo level. In a sane climate this corrupt he goat who goes about phocking his son's wives should be in jail.

Onyé ara. grin

Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by Grundig: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
Why people still go to obj for whatever reason is beyond me. Sincerely speaking, I question obj's political influence.

Obj hated buruji kashamu so much so that he vilified him publicly and aided his extradition to the US, yet that same buruji kashamu won his senatorial seat in the same state as obj.

Im all for respect but grovelling at obj's feet for political advantage is stretching his clout a bit too much.

Same can be said of tinubu. People will still pay tinubu homage but under tinubu's watch, akeredolu won ondo. Under tinubu's watch Adeleke won in osun.

Political godfatherism sef get limit. I think babangida and abdulsalami understand this very well.
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by Tinny23(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
Grundig:
Why people still go to obj for whatever reason is beyond me. Sincerely speaking, I question obj's political influence.

Obj hated buruji kashamu so much so that he vilified him publicly and aided his extradition to the US, yet that same buruji kashamu won his senatorial seat in the same state as obj.

Im all for respect but grovelling at obj's feet for political advantage is stretching his clout a bit too much.

Same can be said of tinubu. People will still pay tinubu homage but under tinubu's watch, akeredolu won ondo. Under tinubu's watch Adeleke won in osun.

Political godfatherism sef get limit. I think babangida and abdulsalami understand this very well.
and who told you it was under tinubu's watch they all won.... tinubu didn't interfere with those elections... mind you
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by surgical: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
nairavsdollars:
A big slap on Makarfi's face. A man who has been around since the outbreak of the civil war in the late 60s. What value will the old man add to PDP again? That is why Nigeria remains where it is
It shows makarfi is clueless on what to do with his position he has started on a wrong note it is not everybody you appease. not like obasanjo every one that tried it lost , ask atiku &co, if he still tow that same part again he will still fail unless he becomes his own man, they should learn from fayose he took his own destiny in his own hands and today he is a success. PDP should leave obssanjo alone he has nothing to offer the party they can win without him. he has no electoral value. even his own election he was rigged in so what's the fusse about him .
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by Baawaa(m): 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
A word is enough for the wise, Obasanjo know that PDP cannot stand again.
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by yanshDoctor: 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
i wondered how foreign investors will come to Nigeria with militarization and things time of politics. there is no future for this country and oil is a curse.
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by Grundig: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
Tinny23:

and who told you it was under tinubu's watch they all won.... tinubu didn't interfere with those elections... mind you
Bro, Avoid quoting me. Abeg.

Be rest assured I will do the same. Cheers.
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by python1: 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
conductorH1:
These are the people that ran Fraudgeria down to zoo level. In a sane climate this corrupt he goat who goes about phocking his son's wives should be in jail.

Onyé ara. grin
Mynd44, this forum is for Nigerians, why should images/pictures like this be allowed on the site?
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by yanshDoctor: 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
obj doesn't support northern candidate 2019. rather, obj is sorting for a young presidential candidates from either Igbo or Yoruba extraction.

obj has object playing active politic or joining the PDP since he doesn't have a choice or a say on who become the Presidential flag bearer 2019.

the PDP Chairman visited OBJ after he featured in a comic comedy giving his support to young poor igbo boy named dele. obj has said that dele don't need money to win as most pdp believe that only atiku have the money for election.

obj believe a young candidate will win without money and we need to stop this money politics.

OBJ is not going to join PDP if he cannot decide who becomes the presidency.
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
PDP has survived without OBJ and I make bold to say it has all it takes to succeed at any level of interest wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: I’ll Never Return To PDP Again, God Forbid – Obasanjo by Mynd44: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2017

(1)

#flashback: The Untold Story Of Nigeria's Civil War - BIAFRA / Buhari Where Is Northwest In Your Budget(s)? / #anambraresults :APGA In An Early Lead As More Results Flow In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.