Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Veil Banned In FUNAAB University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Veil Banned In FUNAAB University (2668 Views)

Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed / Meet Akinyele Tobiloba, The Overall Best Graduating Student In FUNAAB / Types Of People You Will Find In Funaab Night Classes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by youngvc1: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2017
The management of the Federal University of Agriculture (FUNNAB) has struck a big blow to Muslims
by placing a ban on the use of Naqob (face veil) worn by female Muslims. this happened yesterday,
16th October, 2017 when the school erected a bill board with pictures of nude, tattooed, immodest
dressing of ladies and placed veiled Muslim lady at the centre, tagged as banned.
I wonder when all these discrimination against Muslims will come to an end. We continue deceiving
ourselves, saying we are all Nigerians and Muslims are being treated as second class citizens most
especially in all government establishments where Christians are having upper hand.
It was gathered that before now, Muslim sisters in the school have been facing series of challenges;
some were barred from entering lecture hall, taking test and doing the exam, especially in the
recent past semester.
In his remarks, the school’s acting Vice Chancellor, when contacted, reported that the ban of veil,
tagged as immoral is a decision of the University Senate at its 211th statutory meeting. The
Muslims of the institution complained that, despite of being a government school, it was hell for
Muslims.
Tagging our Allah’s given dressing code immoral and lousy is humiliating to all Nigerian Muslims. We
must all rise up to defend our Islam from this sworn enemy that never wants us develop. They
have made us known and realised the extent of their hatred toward our Islam. it is time to
mobilise and defend our Islam from this Christian enemy.
Source: https://schoolgossip.com.ng/veil-banned-in-nigeria-university/

1 Like

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by awa(m): 9:54am On Oct 18, 2017
Hmm...certainly there is going to be a fight somewhere because of this decision taken by the University.
I hope the Management handles this in the best possible way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2017
Nice move

I see nothing wrong with it.
If they must cover their head,they should use scarf or small hijab

Alot of crime is being perpetrated with these their so called face veil.

If they are too big to obey the school rules,then they should go to an Islamic school!!!

Religion has blinded alot of people in Africa and it still remains one of the biggest problem we are facing in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by zionmade1: 10:31am On Oct 18, 2017
How do u know wen a ninja impersonates another ninja?
Since they were born to cover everything that made them human, why going to school in the first place?

4 Likes

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Yea I have a right to know who I am dealing with in a class for security reasons. How can you be wearing a full face veil when something isn't wrong with you. Now op before you go on an anti christian tirade. Remember that even chad a Muslim country has banned full face burqa. Why can't you just wear the one that shows the face and spare us this unnecessary campaign against funaab.

7 Likes

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by raysplashinfo(m): 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
Although I'm a Muslim, I'm in full support of the Banned of veil.
we weren't in Islamic Country, Nigeria is a multi-Religious Country.
and also for security reason, student has to know who they are in lecture hall with..

6 Likes

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by olasaad(f): 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
CEEcey:
Nice move

If they are too big to obey the school rules,then they should go to an Islamic school!!!

Religion has blinded alot of people in Africa and it still remains one of the biggest problem we are facing in Nigeria.

So FUNNAB is now a christian university?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Xerox01(m): 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Lmao ....... FUNAAB *university* abi OP
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Neyoh90(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
my fabulous funaab in the news again. I hope MSSN and the school mgt settles this amicably. #ALUMNI
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by oneolajire(m): 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
Under-dressing and over-dressing hammered in Funnab
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Isokowadoo: 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
Any Muslim Who Doesn't Agree Shud Withdraw

1 Like

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Isokowadoo: 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Western Education Is Sinful in Da First Place
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Vivere: 12:19am On Oct 19, 2017
CEEcey:
Nice move

yes, o. They can go to any of the universities that are set up by Islamic associations. No one will disturb them there, from wearing full-face veil with only open slits to allow the eyes peep through, to the outside world.

When sensible people wear the hijab, this is how they look - approachable and cute - unlike those who cover the entire face and look like masquerades.

1 Like

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Vivere: 12:44am On Oct 19, 2017
I fully support FUNAAB's stand on this issue. The school is supposed to be a citadel of learning, and not a religious enclave. As a person would you feel safe with people walking around dressed like this?

Or would you feel safer with people wearing the hijab, the way these other ladies wore it in the pictures we can see down here??

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Vivere: 1:23am On Oct 19, 2017
Who wore it better or shall we say, which hijab is better?

This one? A;

Or this one? B:

Click likes for A and shares for B.

2 Likes

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by UmmHaneefah(f): 2:20am On Oct 19, 2017
Vivere:

yes, o. They can go to any of the universities that are set up by Islamic associations. No one will disturb them there, from wearing full-face veil with only open slits to allow the eyes peep through, to the outside world.

When sensible people wear the hijab, this is how they look - approachable and cute - unlike those who cover the entire face and look like masquerades.
. This is your opinion and I will not argue with you. The picture you put up there is not hijab my dear. The Qur'an has a clear definition of hijab.You say they are insensible and look like masquerades? it's still your opinion, but, if only you knew, these women are queens �. Until today, I thought FUNAAB is a federal university, now I know it's a "Christian university". May God give you understanding and guidance.
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by adeptniyi(m): 4:52am On Oct 19, 2017
I always fee insecure when I see anyone wear that because I watch a lot of suicide bomber movies and I know they can operate anywhere.

There are too many bloody red labels attached to this islam religion, no matter how you paint it can't never ever be colourful in our faces again.

2 Likes

Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:50am On Oct 19, 2017
Brb
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by sanandreas(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2017
I don't look them twice. The dressing style is not just good
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Vivere: 9:05am On Oct 19, 2017
UmmHaneefah:
. This is your opinion and I will not argue with you. The picture you put up there is not hijab my dear. The Qur'an has a clear definition of hijab.You say they are insensible and look like masquerades? it's still your opinion, but, if only you knew, these women are queens �. Until today, I thought FUNAAB is a federal university, now I know it's a "Christian university". May God give you understanding and guidance.
Do you know the meaning of the word 'security'? Even countries that have large Muslim populations have banned the masquerade looking outfits. And FUNAAB enacted that law in the interest of its students and teachers, due to security concerns, because they wanted to be aware of the identities of all those on campus at a glance. They never mentioned anything about Christians in their notice. So why are you reading meanings that do not exist into their words?
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by UmmHaneefah(f): 11:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
Vivere:

Do you know the meaning of the word 'security'? Even countries that have large Muslim populations have banned the masquerade looking outfits. And FUNAAB enacted that law in the interest of its students and teachers, due to security concerns, because they wanted to be aware of the identities of all those on campus at a glance. They never mentioned anything about Christians in their notice. So why are you reading meanings that do not exist into their words?
In your words "they can go to any of the universities that is set up by Islamic organisations" this means FUNAAB is set up by Christian organization.
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
UmmHaneefah:

In your words "they can go to any of the universities that is set up by Islamic organisations" this means FUNAAB is set up by Christian organization.
No. Who told the university is set up by Christian organization? We have igbe worshippers, atheist in that school too.
Re: Veil Banned In FUNAAB University by Outofsync(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
Why not, at first, investigate the reason for them banning the veil before concluding it is due to religious persecution

Pfft....

(1) (Reply)

List Of Public Universities In Germany That Are Tuition Free / What Many Didn't Know About Covenant University / Some Selected Pictures From Federal University Of Technology, Minna. ( Futmx)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.