Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano (19746 Views)

Peter Obi Left Anambra Wallowing In Muds & Dirts- Photo / Peter Obi Left An Infrastructural Comatose State For Obiano – Obigwe / Why Peter Obi Left Apga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by Badonasty(m): 11:49am On Oct 18, 2017
akelicious:
The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has revealed that contrary to the sanctimonious posturing of his predecessor, former governor Peter Obi,

the state was saddled with a huge domestic debt of N127bn when Obi left office in March 2014.

Speaking in the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia on Tuesday, Governor Obiano explained that his silence over the monstrous debt his predecessor sought to tie his hands with had been mainly because he did not want to allow his regime to be distracted at inception so that he would concentrate on the delivering his promise of good governance to Ndi Anambra.
According to him, the N127bn debt came mostly from the 101 road contracts that the former governor hurriedly awarded at the dying minutes of his regime without making any provision whatsoever for them in order to wrong-foot his administration from the very first day.
Governor Obiano further listed other disingenuous designs by his successor to make sure that his regime never really took off as the last minute employment of 6000 workers without provision for their welfare as well as the various hotels and independent power projects which he had no plans to complete.
He however revealed that he has quietly completed 51 out of the 101 roads that Obi saddled him with and assured Ndi Anambra that the remaining 50 would soon be completed too.
Governor Obiano’s revelation came on the heels of the growing inconsistencies in the figures being thrown up by former governor Obi which have left many discerning observers wondering just how much the former governor actually left behind.
They point at Obi’s sudden volte-face from his earlier declaration that he handed N75bn cash to his successor to declare at the flag off of the PDP campaign in Onitsha yesterday that the actual amount he left when he handed over was N48,626bn.
While delivering an address that has been mostly castigated by political analysts as suicidal, former governor Obi was caught on camera saying “when I was leaving this place, we left in savings N26bn. We set aside for important projects, N23,629bn. If you put the two together, it will come to N48, 626bn.”
The former governor’s contradictory accounts of the exact amount he bequeathed his successor leaves huge gaps in the emerging narrative of dubious accountability and an even more doubtful integrity.
This becomes more so in the light of the revelation that in former governor Obi’s so called N75bn handover are embedded all manner of moribund and toxic assets which the former governor cleverly reported as profitable investments in the handover note.
For instance, Obi’s reportage of the 16.5% equity stake in Emenite, a fibre cement roof and ceiling manufacturing company set up by the Premier of the old Eastern Region, Dr M.I. Okpara which was shared between the five states that made up the old Eastern Region as part of the trumpeted investments he had handed over to Obiano is nothing but pure fraud.
Observers also complained that it speaks volumes about Obi’s vaunted integrity to

http://www.akelicious.com/2017/10/breakingpeter-obi-left-me-with-n127bn.html?m=1

And y'all said Obi was frugal
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by edibobo: 11:49am On Oct 18, 2017
Why didn't you raise this alarm immediately he handed over to you? Why waited till now that Obi is supporting another candidate ? He is a confirmed failure

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by positivelord: 11:50am On Oct 18, 2017
and the source of this news is akaliciuos.com abi

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by Kencruz: 11:50am On Oct 18, 2017
Obi is very rich before coming to power. He own next company castle beer, amarula etc.
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by Kobicove(m): 11:51am On Oct 18, 2017
Who do we believe now?
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by BENJOKO: 11:55am On Oct 18, 2017
I know that something was wrong in obi's claim. The silence of Obiano over the months depicts character of a good leader. Obi is a fraudster, but this time around he can't outsmart ndi Anambra. He has dragged his name to the mud. Let him continue jumping up and down, seeking for 3rd term from the back door.
Obi is an expired politician.
Willie remains the best governor in Nigeria.
Vote APGA
Vote Willie
Let's keep Willie working.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by Dearlord(m): 11:59am On Oct 18, 2017
Lol,
Oga take am suffery!
U sure u Neva add ur own join?
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by Awoo88: 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2017
So it took this idiot almost four years to know Petter was lying By the time peter come with facts he will blame journalists for mis quoting him

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by ozoemenaca: 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
The truth of the matter is that Obi worked for development of Anambra, he built roads, school, name it and if is possible for someone to go for third term Anambra people would still want to vote for Peter Obi. So Obiano should go and seat down

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by dataking: 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
BENJOKO:
I know that something was wrong in obi's claim. The silence of Obiano over the months depicts character of a good leader. Obi is a fraudster, but this time around he can't outsmart ndi Anambra. He has dragged his name to the mud. Let him continue jumping up and down, seeking for 3rd term from the back door.
Vote APGA
Vote Willie

How much were you paid. They are both rogues. Hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by 8stargeneral: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
Mr willi can u swear for amadioha shrine dat he left u with dat huge debt

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by ivolt: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
Why were you silent all this while?
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by nanotechy: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2017
I am too busy to read another obiano propaganda. 20 other lies can't even begin to diminish Obi's prestige in Anambra. Ndi Anambra felt his leadership. It was audible to the deaf and visible to the blind. Obi is a living legend.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by domchike(m): 12:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
I wonder where d dept comes from wen Anambra St.since 2014 has been recorded a dept free state by the ministry of finance Indices .Abi this man is making way to drain the state
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by omogin(f): 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Liar
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by slimghost(m): 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
May God punish the drunk Obiano for this lie! The foool must account for the money embezzled.
All Anambrarians know Obi saved a lot before he left so this slowpoke should find another lie.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by lucianohase(m): 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
Anambra - We Must Seize the Moment

Address By Mr. Oseloka Henry Obaze, PDP Gubernatorial Candidate on

the occasion of the Flag Off of His 2017 Campaign

At All Saints Cathedral Field Onitsha,  

On Monday, 16th October, 2017

[Protocols]

I thank all those gathered here for the flag off of our 2017 PDP gubernatorial campaign.  As family, friends, supporters of our party and our leaders, you have honoured God, Country and State in joining us today.  In doing so, you have shown you commitment to investing in Anambra’s future and in her posterity. My running mate and partner Lady Chidi Onyemelukwe and I are immensely grateful for this huge show of support. We stand humbled.  

I salute our political forbears, notably Ide Dr Alex Ekwueme for his support and for honouring us with his physical presence.

This is a family gathering.  PDP is a big family and the umbrella is huge enough to cover and accommodate us all.  I salute all those who have shown understanding.  I salute all those who have come to give their support despite past difference.  I beg those who are still holding out, those who still feel aggrieved and those who left our party to return to our hold. I extend my hands of fellowship and partnership to my fellow aspirants; it is time to rally to our common cause and work as a united family.  We encourage those outside, for whom other parties no longer represent their aspirations to join us in rebuilding Anambra and in rebuilding Nigeria.

Today is a day of nostalgia and hope for our party PDP.  It is also a day of change.  For far too long, we have done thing s the old ways; we have not always succeeded and we have paid the price for it in different ways.  

Our party has been out of power in Anambra State for over twelve years.  This is therefore a moment of reckoning.  We are at the cusp where we must seize the moment and win our state back and thus put her back on the national grid. Doing so will give us the voice, the reason and the impetus to serve our people well. Today, we seek to return Anambra back to the stage of prosperity; in keeping with our party manifesto we must return power to the people.

Anambra State is in utter disrepair.  Anambra State is broken. We must fix it.

Anambra people are suffering. Despite the hype and propaganda, our people are no longer enjoying the true dividends of democracy. The Government of Governor Willie Obiano has failed them in more ways than one.  Anambra deserves better. We must therefore change the leadership and political narrative.

Since governance is all about the delivery of basic services, we Anambra is not doing very well.  Poor leadership, fiscal recklessness and lack of transparency and focus remain key challenges for the incumbent government.   

However, we know we have not done so well economically, not because the natural resources do not exist, not because the talents are not there, but because “narrow political considerations have progressively and consistently trumped rational economic thinking and policy in governance”  Such a defeatist mindset must change.

Changing the leadership and governance narrative in Anambra is simple.  We must borrow and implement international best practices related to governance.  For now the Obiano Government talk the talk but do not walk the walk.  What this means is that Ndi Anambra continue to suffer; we suffer from poor infrastructure, unsanitary environment,  high taxes and levies, youth unemployment, falling educational standards, etc. Our housing deficit and challenges are not any lighter.

I have committed myself and my administration to a single four-year term in office - 2018-2022.  It will be four years of intensive and productive hard work.  Our focus will be primarily on human development capital anchored on education.  We will thus commit 26% of our budget to education, with 10% going to parochial and privately owned schools.  We will in that context offer free education from kindergarten to JS3.  We will also tackle youth unemployment through vocational training and certification.

Why do we need change? Our present government has failed in instituting known good attributes of governance which include “macroeconomic discipline and balances; providing physical and social infrastructure; raising savings and investment rates; and providing good governance.” The government has been financially reckless. It has in less than four years, squandered over N455 billion in budgeted and appropriated funds; N75 billion in state savings and investments and N60 billion in borrowings.  Yet there is nothing on ground that is commensurate with such Public expenditure.  Yet we are told that Willie is working and the People are Happy.  No! our people are sad, disenfranchised and hungry. Willie Must Go!

We have been called to service.  We stand ready to serve, with humility and diligence.  We must remember that “A leader is not just a person of character; but character, by definition, is leadership.”  We have been given a unique opportunity.  We must make good of this chance.  We must seize the moment.

Simply put, Anambra deserves better than what it is getting in terms of leadership, development, and wealth and job creation.  Anambra deserves better than what it has experienced in the past three years in terms of investments that are far from regenerative.   Beyond cliches, if Anambra is an oil producing state but we are not earning revenue, it means the system is broken.

If we have spent over N455 billion in appropriated funds, in four years, frittered away over N75 billion in savings, and borrowed over N60 billion in foreign and domestic loans, yet do not have commensurate infrastructure for those expenses, then the system is broken.  If we have dropped from number one ranking in national examinations to sixth and seventh positions respectively, then the system needs to be fixed.  

If our social and development infrastructures are crumbling due to lack of maintenance, then we face a crisis that needs to be fixed. If our established social welfare safety net for the aged has become moribund, then that system is broken.  

Those who say the system is not broken are gratuitously clever by half.  I say the system is broken, it needs to be fixed urgently."  PDP must fix it.  Let us get to work.  Let us go out and win the 18 November election for our children and posterity.  Let us kick this uncaring government out and bring back sanity and accountability to governance. Willie is walking! Willie is going!! Going, Going Going , Willie is Gone!!!

God bless you.  God bless Anambra. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by EneJnr: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
lenghtinny:
Politicians are the most unreliable creatures on earth

I dey tell u
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by aalangel(f): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
My two favorite Anambra Governors, please don't quarrel. You're the best Anambra has ever had since inception.....remember Abulu, Ezeife, Mbadinuju, Ngige.....nothing from them.
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by 4Play(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
domchike:
I wonder where d dept comes from wen Anambra St.since 2014 has been recorded a dept free state by the ministry of finance Indices. Abi this man is making way to drain the state

If you read the article it says the debt is the cost of road construction/reconstruction projects.

Such costs are not normally included, in calculating the size of a government's debt, as they can choose to discontinue the contracts. If we were to include such debt for every government, the debt stock will multiply astronomically.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by bestview: 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
Did you listen to Obi's statement at the PDP flag off at Onitsha? Did you also read this report from Obiano properly?

slimghost:
May God punish the drunk Obiano for this lie! The foool must account for the money embezzled.
All Anambrarians know Obi saved a lot before he left so this slowpoke should find another lie.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by shaibu123: 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
Obiano should show ndi Anambra town by town what will make them to return him back to the government house.End of story

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by Orobo2Lekpa: 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
aalangel:
My two favorite Anambra Governors, please don't quarrel. You're the best Anambra has ever had since inception.....remember Abulu, Ezeife, Mbadinuju, Ngige.....nothing from them.

You can't add Ngige to that group. He was a real action governor. road builder

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by ignatiusez: 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
BENJOKO:
Vote APGA
Vote Willie

Truly, how much were you paid? Liar!! All the roads in Ukpor started by Peter Obi where abandoned by Obiano! I honestly wonder what he has done in 4years to deserve another term.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by bestview: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
Why did Obi stay 8yrs and still yet could not complete ordinary road?

ignatiusez:

Truly, how much were you paid? Liar!! All the roads in Ukpor started by Peter Obi where abandoned by Obiano! I honestly wonder what he has done in 4years to deserve another term.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by bestview: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
BENJOKO:
Vote APGA
Vote Willie

This is a statement of fact.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by Lerio(m): 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
[quoteauthor=hezy4real01 post=61534532]I am confuse! You mean the same Peter Obi that we were clapping for @ The Platform chai....... lol[/quote]
Clearly thats all lies because election is round the corner. Obi came to The Platform for over two years and talked openly on what he did but they didnt respond then. If u notice, Obiano keep mentioning on how Obi started contracts and u cant start a work without paying for it.
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by bayawah: 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
I no blame you. Your not from anambra state that's why your saying that obi is a liar. We will see who laugh last. Obi or Obiano. The 6000 workers this man is talking about was employed as part of the strategy Obi used to put this ungrateful being in power and obi said that the money obiano will use to pay them is already dia for 2 years that is after 2 year that obiano will start paying them.

Peter Obi, the greatest liar in Nigeria.

1. I have one wrist watch; fat big lie- already busted

2. I dont have property any where- Ikoyi apartment is worth N250,000,000.00

3. Fashola deported Igbos because he does not love igbos- Big lie, Peter Obi deported people from Anambra before Fashola.

Lies upon lies.

Obiano too, the king of MOU. grin
1000 MOUs 2 projects grin grin grin

[/quote]
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by lucianohase(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
WHEN WE SAY OBIANO HAS DESTROYED ANAMBRA STATE

When we say that Gov. Willie Obiano has destroyed Anambra State, it is not only by squandering over 100 Billion (adding Set aside money), left for him or the debt of over 80 Billion Naira he has plunged the State into, but also in his attitude towards infrastructure.

Under Mr. Peter Obi, Anambra conceived the plan that would have enabled her complete the dual carriage road from Onitsha to Amansea by now and get refunded by the Government.

On coming to office, Obiano abandoned the Amawbia Round About-Amansea portion of the dual carriage road and plunged all the money set aside for the project into collapsing and unplanned flyovers. Today, the dual carriage road on Umunya axis is a no-go-area.

In the attempt to avoid that portion, trailers and tankers now ply the old road and use various by-passes to re-connect the Dual Carriage road. If not that the road from Nkpor to Amawbia was strongly built by Mr. Peter Obi, it would have been damaged completely by now.

But all the by-passes to the dual carriage road, built without tankers and trailers in mind, have become their alternative routes. They are all in bad shape by caring weight not envisaged before their construction.

Imagine the Amawbia by-pass and the load it carries – See pics.

This is as a result of Obiano’s cluelessness. Had he used the money wasted in three collapsing fly overs to fix the dual carriage road, all the by-passes would have remained.

Have you seen the damage Anambra is suffering under Obiano?

We need Mr. Oseloka Obaze to set Anambra on her feet again.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by bestview: 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
As much as I don't want to talk down of Obi, it is very clear that Obiano understands governance better than Obi. Obiano's 3yrs in office is quite remarkable in the areas of infrastructure, security, IGR, influx of investments etc.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by Bigframe: 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
brainpulse:
I knew the guy must have embedded a lot, If he could rent that Ikoyi's resident for hundreds of millions and travelling around the world.

Oga do you know Obi before he became governor? Go and find out and stop talking rubbish.
Re: Peter Obi Left Me With N127bn Debt – Obiano by bestview: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
Below is the largest commercial poultry farms in the entire SE. It is one of the products of numerous MOUs signed by Obiano. Today Anambra is almost self-sufficient in poultry products. Obiano is just the best in the SE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Charles Soludo: Court Issues Criminal Summons Against Ex-CBN Governor / Gerrard Building: North-West Govs Visit Scene, Sympathise With Victims’ Families / Tony Anenih Undergoes Heart Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.