Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age (18603 Views)

Please How Do I Hustle Hard In 2022? 2021 Was Hell For Me / Fiverr: Ask Me Anything You Wish To Know About Working On Fiverr / Which One Is Better, Working Hard Or Working Smart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by kay29000(m): 9:58am On Oct 19, 2017
Work hard, and then visualize your goal already achieved every night...the universe will connect you to the right people, circumstances, or events. That's the secret.

2 Likes

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:02am On Oct 19, 2017
anitank:
The loophole between hardwork and suceess is privledge
yes yes yes!!!
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Amberon11: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2017
No be who work pass dey rich pass. Na who work smart dey rich pass.
maberry:
My brother this job matter done tire person
The worst part na say even people wey dem born with silverspoon go still get mouth dey advise me to work hard

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by madridguy(m): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2017
May God show us way to excel.

Work hard

Work smart

Na favour matter most.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by marwanafrica: 10:06am On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=anitank post=61563553]The loophole between hardwork and suceess is privledge[/quo
And that settles it, sis
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by livinbygrace: 10:12am On Oct 19, 2017
Hardwork does not determine success.
I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.Romans 9:15 and
The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all:Eccle 9:11
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2017
Op just leave this country, this your live life advice is greatly affected by the country you live In. In the western world, if you are qualified for a job you get it! You don't need to know Obama's cousin.

2 Likes

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Machiny: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2017
afroxyz:
Instead of being proficient and dedicated to the works of your hand, you are looking for connection? How connected olamide? Be good at what you do, and leave the rest
what he is saying you surely need an extra hand to lift you to that height you want to get to ...if olamide was not found and sponsored by id cabasa.wil you have heard of him today?...do you know how many more talented young men out looking for their own cabasa?...which some might never find.

3 Likes

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 19, 2017
You are mixing things up because you didn't think deep and perhaps thought success will fall on you from the moon like that. There is no single lie in what they told you. Having connections and a network of people is all part of the "hardwork" and working smart! How easy is it to connect with someone... do you just make friends, yes you can make friends easily with riffs but not easily with individuals you will benefit from. It's a whole lot of hardwork connecting with the right people to help in your career or business. Point is, life isn't a easy or a bed of roses like many see it. Whilst some people believe in luck.. check well, they were prepared for that opportunity plus their hardwork. In my little experience with life, I found out many youth are unprepared, lack information and the network to possibly help them. In my own experience, I didn't even have someone to tell me about life neither was I smart about learning about the experiences of people around me, so, I had to learn from my own mistakes and experiences. Which someway, keeps one on the slow lane. At the moment, that is past, I have learnt to take a cue from the experiences of people around me and also, be always prepared and informed. So yes, whatever you were told is the simple truth!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by MosD: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2017
Truth is; 'working hard' is a misplaced and archaic phrase for this generation. We are in the era of 'thinking hard'

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 19, 2017
grossintel:
Op just leave this country, this your live life advice is greatly affected by the country you live In. In the western world, if you are qualified for a job you get it! You don't need to know Obama's cousin.
you people misunderstand what connection is all about!!! An applicant who has got an internal referral is likely to given an offer compared to one that has none. If they have equal performance. Sometimes, once there is a referral, the position/ opportunity will be closed. It happens everywhere. https://www.nairaland.com/4068336/behind-scenes-dont-bother-applying
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by TheEminentLaity: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2017
You put in a good word brother. To add, all failure is failure to adapt. People who complain a lot are those struggling to adapt. In Nigeria, different rules apply...ways to network, look for jobs, get appointments etc The problem is that we learn western methods through books.

Bill Gates or Zuckerberg example does not and cannot apply in Nigeria, not yet at least. So study Bill Gates all you want, you're not going to thrive in the Nigerian environment and then one starts complaining.

majekdom2:
You are mixing things up because you didn't think deep and perhaps thought success will fall on you from the moon like that. There is no single lie in what they told you. Having connections and a network of people is all part of the "hardwork" and working smart! How easy is it to connect with someone... do you just make friends, yes you can make friends easily with riffs but not easily with individuals you will benefit from. It's a whole lot of hardwork connecting with the right people to help in your career or business. Point is, life isn't a easy or a bed of roses like many see it. Whilst some people believe in luck.. check well, they were prepared for that opportunity plus their hardwork. In my little experience with life, I found out many youth are unprepared, lack information and the network to possibly help them. In my own experience, I didn't even have someone to tell me about life neither was I smart about learning about the experiences of people around me, so, I had to learn from my own mistakes and experiences. Which someway, keeps one on the slow lane. At the moment, that is past, I have learnt to take a cue from the experiences of people around me and also, be always prepared and informed. So yes, whatever you were told is the simple truth!

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 19, 2017
Finstar:
I quiet agree with op.. Hardwork doesn't equal success. What makes you successful is your smartness and ability to take hold of an opportunity when they surface. My motto have always been, success doesn't happen by accident. You really have to work hard for it, coupled with smartness.

If success is by working under rain and sun, then these block industry guys should be richest in the world. For me, i'm very lazy.. But I'm financially free today, not because I am hard working, but because I'm smart working wink

Visit www.entmirror.com let's talk business and success.
what is hardwork and what is smart work? They mean both the same thing! Hardwork was used basically in the industrial age, where you have to use agility, power and thinking to perform tasks. Smart work is for the technological age where basically it is more of "critical" thinking. The thing is your brain must be working 100 percent in both situations. Show me a hardworker that isn't working smart, show me a smartworker that isn't working hard!

2 Likes

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 19, 2017
mccoy47:
Hardwork doesn't pay again!
you people mix things up and think smart work I being fraudulent, dubious and being on the fast line.. they mean the same thing!

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 19, 2017
anitank:
The loophole between hardwork and suceess is privledge
put simply, opportunity... There are over a hundred opportunities that come our way daily, wisdom to be able to tell one is the smart work
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 19, 2017
Headlaw:
I would rather work smart than working hard. Hard work can give u food but working smart will give u a fortune #team smart.
another person that is confused... read through the above posts.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Olameen1713: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
O there is a difference between working hard and hard work.

Throw more light pls.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by phanshark(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2017
I hv been thought & mentored that work hard,one day you will be successful. but now being a victim of hard work, I now know the truth. it's not by working hard you get successful, it's by consistently doing wht ever you do in a good spirit & positive mentality. in working hard,you only kill your body & mind for somebody's profit(ask those that dig the underground cable for Mtn or a secretary of a private own company). the truth is,laziness of any form is not good,but be wise in every thing you are doing. learn & study about ur field of profession, be smart on implementing things you learn & trust God for breakthrough in ur work etc,and the rest will be history

2 Likes

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Ogaonos: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2017
Amberon11:
And this mentality keeps killing us and has placed us light years behind civilization. Why do we feel too entitled? Black americas are the same, they are the poorest group in america because they sit at home do nothing and complain that the govt is racist against them, meanwhile blacks from everywhere else go there and become successful.

You do not need any connections to be successful, Not at all. Your success is not tied to anyone. All that you need to succeed are within your power. Look at ALL the wealthiest people of the world, they had goals and were determined to stop at nothing to achieve it.

There are so many sectors of our economy which are dead. Everyone mustn't have white collar jobs. There are agencies that are willing to assist people in agriculture for just a meagre sum. You can even lease a plot of land for about N10k yearly. Seeds cost less than N5k for a start.The only other things you will need are security and a tank for water supply on the farm and you're good to go.

wat u saying wrk in abroad.even in usa check d wealthiest blacks in d usa.they hav white favour or connectn.d things pray 2 God 2 bring helper or open doors of favour.ndgive u knwledge 2 mak moni nd wisdom 2 manage it because in 9ja knowledge 2 mak moni is lacking.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Unionised(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2017
Alphasoar:
Growing up, I have seen things and I have also experienced some. Life is full of mysteries and most of them are accompanied by experiences that each one of us must at one point or the other pass through. It is no doubt we have been preached to, admonished and encouraged in one way or the other.

But nonetheless, it may never settle with us historically except we experience them ourselves to be able to tell the tales that follows.

Every one of us wished success will just locate us and hit us very hard that we may heave a sigh of relieve and say, 'I don hammer'. Our minds were later disabused when they told us that, we can only attain success by hard work and perseverance.

The latter line of principle is generally spoken and widely accepted. But I think there is something so cunningly avoided by many, that we have not been told. Truth be told, Most of all the truths we have been told about life, does not exist. They are mere fables, preached by elites, imposed on the gullible and accepted generally by the ignorant.

Let's get down to what I want to say without wasting your precious time. It is basically this, 'hard work without the Proper Connections in Place, you are most assuredly wasting your energy'. I so believe that as there as so many ways to kill a man which does not even equal the few ways we know to make love, so also are there many ways to 'Work Hard' and they don't equal or lead to success.

Virtually all the things I have gone through have been because; there was somebody that knows somebody that knows someone and so it is for everybody. So in essence, if you have something to offer to people, your prayer should be for you to meet that somebody that knows another person to give you the opportunity to showcase what you've got. A celebrity I followed posted something on his page about how God has helped him to scale through, a fan who has understood the 'LINES' "based on the basis" asked him also to help him get connected to people that will allow him sell what he has.

I am not in any way trying to tell anybody to stop working and start looking for connection. No. You must have worked and mastered and art before seeking relevance. This post and most of my previous post which I will list at the end of this post, do align to one basic principle, "Prepare yourself first before you seek to announce your availability".

What am trying to point out is that you must seek to get connected. IN the Bible, Jesus after talking about tax collectors and their seemingly evil ways in Luke 16, he points something very glaring in Verse 9.

Go check it out and seek the meaning of what He was saying.

If you have read this post, don't rush out without telling us your views. We love to hear your own side of the story!

http://alphasoars..com.ng/2017/10/what-they-never-told-us-about-working.html

You fail because you do not have the proper orientation.

This is the INFORMATION AGE!

Long leg or Godfatherism is so 90's.

#Softwork

Ask and ye shall receive....

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Stevengerd(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2017
Won bimi pelu silver spoon, but mo ready lati jikan!
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by gotnel: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2017
Work hard, work smart enough, open your eyes, open your ear, be conscious about the need of your audience and surround .
Work of nowadays is different from what was obtainable yesterday.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by AlwaysUltraPad: 11:20am On Oct 19, 2017
Amberon11:
And this mentality keeps killing us and has placed us light years behind civilization. Why do we feel too entitled? Black americas are the same, they are the poorest group in america because they sit at home do nothing and complain that the govt is racist against them, meanwhile blacks from everywhere else go there and become successful.

You do not need any connections to be successful, Not at all. Your success is not tied to anyone. All that you need to succeed are within your power. Look at ALL the wealthiest people of the world, they had goals and were determined to stop at nothing to achieve it.

There are so many sectors of our economy which are dead. Everyone mustn't have white collar jobs. There are agencies that are willing to assist people in agriculture for just a meagre sum. You can even lease a plot of land for about N10k yearly. Seeds cost less than N5k for a start.The only other things you will need are security and a tank for water supply on the farm and you're good to go.

even Ben Carson acknowledged "connection" in his book, gifted hand.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by anitank(f): 11:29am On Oct 19, 2017
majekdom2:
put simply, opportunity... There are over a hundred opportunities that come our way daily, wisdom to be able to tell one is the smart work

Wrong my dear. Privilege plays a better role than opportunity.

If, let's say you got an opportunity to further your education abroad, maybe through an online application you did.....but you don't have the privileges like the finances for visa, ticket, school fees,accommodation etc; no sponsor/benefactor or at least any means that'd make your stay comfortable throughout your education, do you think that opportunity would still play out?

I saw a lot of students during my University days who had to defer their admission because their parents couldn't come up with the tuition. They had the opportunity but didn't have the privilege at the time.

So many other instances, but in all we need to believe and trust in the process that someday all that hardwork would pay off.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Amberon11: 11:53am On Oct 19, 2017
Connection never got Ben Carson to the top. He has always maintained that hardwork and dedication were the key ingredients to his success.
AlwaysUltraPad:
even Ben Carson acknowledged "connection" in his book, gifted hand.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Finstar: 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
majekdom2:
what is hardwork and what is smart work? They mean both the same thing! Hardwork was used basically in the industrial age, where you have to use agility, power and thinking to perform tasks. Smart work is for the technological age where basically it is more of "critical" thinking. The thing is your brain must be working 100 percent in both situations. Show me a hardworker that isn't working smart, show me a smartworker that isn't working hard!

There are lots of hard workers that are not working smart.. There are also lot of smart workers that are not working hard.

In this age, to stand out, you've to effortlessly couple the two to witness an enormous result.

Hardwork doesn't necessarily mean lifting weights and sweating under the sun.. If that is your definition of hardwork, then it's highly flawed.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
majekdom2:
you people mix things up and think smart work I being fraudulent, dubious and being on the fast line.. they mean the same thing!
bro dont mind em...

most of the inventions, incredible creations seen today were conceived in the midst of HARDWORK,

i have noticed that when the mind is focused during HARDWORK, torrents of IDEAS starts to flow in.

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by princejones(m): 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2017
My case is different because am the redeem of the Lord and a covenant child,what affect others is not permitted to affect me
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
Finstar:

There are lots of hard workers that are not working smart.. There are also lot of smart workers that are not working hard.

In this age, to stand out, you've to effortlessly couple the two to witness an enormous result.

Hardwork doesn't necessarily mean lifting weights and sweating under the sun.. If that is your definition of hardwork, then it's highly flawed.
what is hardwork? What is smart work?
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by luckingto50: 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
The only solution is to divide the country into 3 countries then corruption will reduce and youth will become future again.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by DavidEsq(m): 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
Luke 16:9 highlights connection of this type abi? Now, com here, OP. I said com closer now! Bring ur head closer now.
Take it!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of A Liter Of Diesel In Nigeria? / Taxify Drivers/partners In Ibadan, Share Your Experience Here. / For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.