Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age (18605 Views)

Please How Do I Hustle Hard In 2022? 2021 Was Hell For Me / Fiverr: Ask Me Anything You Wish To Know About Working On Fiverr / Which One Is Better, Working Hard Or Working Smart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
anitank:

Wrong my dear. Privilege plays a better role than opportunity.

If, let's say you got an opportunity to further your education abroad, maybe through an online application you did.....but you don't have the privileges like the finances for visa, ticket, school fees,accommodation etc; no sponsor/benefactor or at least any means that'd make your stay comfortable throughout your education, do you think that opportunity would still play out?

I saw a lot of students during my University days who had to defer their admission because their parents couldn't come up with the tuition. They had the opportunity but didn't have the privilege at the time.

So many other instances, but in all we need to believe and trust in the process that someday all that hardwork would pay off.
Now, you are mixing it up. Having the choice of being educated is more of a chance than opportunity. Having the right support i.e parents, scholarships, self finance makes it an opportunity. You hear people say, they had the chance to do this, but they could not turn it to an opportunity. [b]An opportunity is a set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something. [/b]So, privilege complements opportunity an it is inherent in opportunity. A privilege is a special right or advantage i.e a circumstance. A chance is a possibility of something happening. There is a possibility of everyone being educated, but we all need an opportunity i.e an advantage i.e scholarship, finance which it is a privilege to some. People don't talk privilege as regards success even tho it helped some because not everyone that is privileged maximises the situation. You see children of rich folks not paying attention in school and many other situation. This is because opportunities come with rewards, privileges don't usually do
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by menxer: 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
Those who have attained outstanding levels of success don't follow the conventional rules of society of go to school and/or work hard. A different set of rules is followed by the elites and ultra successful people.

I did an article (check my signature) questioning this same trend but it got taken down by MODs, because it's better we live in ignorance and penury making it easy for the few elites to manipulate and control all the wealth as they deem fit.

Most of us come online to escape the tedium of the life we live. We live in penury because, "we never see past the choices we don't understand."

Poverty and lack are diseases curable by and with a consciousness of wealth creation.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Finstar: 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
majekdom2:
what is hardwork? What is smart work?

Nice question.

If you're working under an enterprise as an employee, you might not really enjoy working smart.in fact, it might not be needed. The only thing that's required is being efficient in whatever you do. When I talk about working hard and working smart, I'm gearing toward business owners who aspires to attain the pinnacle in business.

Hardwork is going the extra mile to achieve better result. Smart work is achieving enormous result with little input. This is only possible if the sim is rich with experience and education.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Gravas(m): 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
Destiny.

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
Finstar:

Nice question.

If you're working under an enterprise as an employee, you might not really enjoy working smart.in fact, it might not be needed. The only thing that's required is being efficient in whatever you do. When I talk about working hard and working smart, I'm gearing toward business owners who aspires to attain the pinnacle in business.

Hardwork is going the extra mile to achieve better result. Smart work is achieving enormous result with little input. This is only possible if the sim is rich with experience and education.
just as I expected... too much talk. you didn't make any sense. I didn't ask for different context.. what is hardwork? What is smart work? Smartwork is just what motivators use in making you people feel happy. They mean both the same thing. Hardwork means effort and endurance, smart work like you said means little effort. Remember that hardwork didn't say the amount of effort to put. You want to achieve enormous result with little input and you think you will not do the "extra" some way. You want a first class certificate and you will not go the extra mile in reading and understanding your courses. How little is the input you can put. Since your smart work is about background, how come the rich and educated don't all have results. How do you expect a poor man to work smart? How come some poor people are doing well? Oga, again, smart work is just another slang of public speakers and motivational speakers. Make una dey use una head, it's not everything you hear you go by!
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Finstar: 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
majekdom2:
just as I expected... too much talk. you didn't make any sense. I didn't ask for different context.. what is hardwork? What is smart work? Smartwork is just what motivators use in making you people feel happy. They mean both the same thing. Hardwork means effort and endurance, smart work like you said means little effort. Remember that hardwork didn't say the amount of effort to put. You want to achieve enormous result with little input and you think you will not do the "extra" some way. You want a first class certificate and you will not go the extra mile in reading and understanding your courses. How little is the input you can put. Since your smart work is about background, how come the rich and educated don't all have results. How do you expect a poor man to work smart? How come some poor people are doing well? Oga, again, smart work is just another slang of public speakers and motivational speakers. Make una dey use una head, it's not everything you hear you go by!

This is where you're getting it all wrong Sir. Hardwork deals with going an extra mile, putting in extra effort. Smart work simply has to do with doing something huge but in a simple way. However, it requires you to know the HOW which is where education comes in.

If you're talking about the rich and educated, I want you to please redefine what education means. If education to you means SCHOOL, then you've missed the whole point. You can't cram unrealistic theories, facts and figures and expect to turn out rich at the end of the day. The real-world operates on an entirely different model.

If you feel you're educated and yet, you still struggle with finance, then you're not financially educated. I'm an entrepreneur and over the years, the difference between a hard worker, a smart worker and a person that couples both have been made distinct.

There's hardwork and there's smart work.. If you believe otherwise, it's okay.. Everyone is entitled to his belief.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by akaahs(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2017
Amberon11:
And this mentality keeps killing us and has placed us light years behind civilization. Why do we feel too entitled? Black americas are the same, they are the poorest group in america because they sit at home do nothing and complain that the govt is racist against them, meanwhile blacks from everywhere else go there and become successful.

You do not need any connections to be successful, Not at all. Your success is not tied to anyone. All that you need to succeed are within your power. Look at ALL the wealthiest people of the world, they had goals and were determined to stop at nothing to achieve it.

There are so many sectors of our economy which are dead. Everyone mustn't have white collar jobs. There are agencies that are willing to assist people in agriculture for just a meagre sum. You can even lease a plot of land for about N10k yearly. Seeds cost less than N5k for a start.The only other things you will need are security and a tank for water supply on the farm and you're good to go.

Pls can u mention d agencies or organisation that are looking to offer loan to farmers?
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
Finstar:

This is where you're getting it all wrong Sir. Hardwork deals with going an extra mile, putting in extra effort. Smart work simply has to do with doing something huge but in a simple way. However, it requires you to know the HOW which is where education comes in.

If you're talking about the rich and educated, I want you to please redefine what education means. If education to you means SCHOOL, then you've missed the whole point. You can't cram unrealistic theories, facts and figures and expect to turn out rich at the end of the day. The real-world operates on an entirely different model.

If you feel you're educated and yet, you still struggle with finance, then you're not financially educated. I'm an entrepreneur and over the years, the difference between a hard worker, a smart worker and a person that couples both have been made distinct.

There's hardwork and there's smart work.. If you believe otherwise, it's okay.. Everyone is entitled to his belief.
is there any success without an extra effort. There is no success without hard work and your so called smart work. Getting education is an extra effort to some because they either have to cut spending and spare their time to get that knowledge... to them they are working hard to get smart !Again, they mean the same thing.

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by kepstone: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2017
yes oooo get your gospel songs on this great platform and promoted for free with other services attached. You know any gospel artist link him to this great platform. www.gtunesrecord.com

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by OMOYIWOLA: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2017
how can i get charcoal coantract
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by OMOYIWOLA: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
can you supply hardwood charcoal to dubai
$300 per ton
50% against document
then call me on 08050610533
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Finstar: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
majekdom2:
is there any success without an extra effort. There is no success without hard work and your so called smart work. Getting education is an extra effort to some because they either have to cut spending and spare their time to get that knowledge... to them they are working hard to get smart !Again, they mean the same thing.

I love how you personalified with "THEY" which means it was merely their own definition or perhaps, view which might end up being wrong. A man once said that the problem of man have always been the problem of definition. We might believe in same thing, but use different terms to relate to them. Let's let sleeping dog lie than waste time arguing on something that leads nowhere.

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2017
Finstar:

I love how you personalified with "THEY" which means it was merely their own definition or perhaps, view which might end up being wrong. A man once said that the problem of man have always been the problem of definition. We might believe in same thing, but use different terms to relate to them. Let's let sleeping dog lie than waste time arguing on something that leads nowhere.

Thank You.
you assertion that some people work hard and not smart means you had a different undershanding. I only was letting you know smart work is a 'slang' to complement hard work. It does not even exist in dictionary. Adios
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by seguun(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
majekdom2:

HARD WORK and SMART WORK don't mean the same...You WORK HARD may not necessarily mean you WORK SMART while you WORK SMART means you definitely WORK HARD too. While one may not include the other, the other always includes both. I hope you get me!
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2017
seguugeen:

HARD WORK and SMART WORK don't mean the same...You WORK HARD may not necessarily mean you WORK SMART while you WORK SMART means you definitely WORK HARD too. While one may not include the other, the other always includes both. I hope you get me!
i understand your point. smart work does not exist in the dictionary. Hard work connotes diligence. Whilst smart work means working intelligently. They both mean working to be successful. They both have the same goal. Smart work is a way of telling people to get intelligent with their efforts. It's a slang by motivtional speaker. It cannot replace the place of hard work or being diligent

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2017
After reading all the arguments about hardwork and smartwork, I think it's time for the next post from OP.
Please come forward and continue with what you were saying. Thank you.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by milky3(f): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
grin
Hashimyussufamao:
Besides working hard, they will say only few were born with silver spoon but now am trying to steal one. They say we are the leaders of tomorrow just for us to find these aged men ruling. They say hardwork is the key to succes but it seems our politicians have changed the padlock. Sincerely i'm tired of Nigeria i'm going to Ibadan.
Hashimyussufamao:
Besides working hard, they will say only few were born with silver spoon but now am trying to steal one. They say we are the leaders of tomorrow just for us to find these aged men ruling. They say hardwork is the key to succes but it seems our politicians have changed the padlock. Sincerely i'm tired of Nigeria i'm going to Ibadan.
Hashimyussufamao:
please leave Nigeria for us an go to Ibadan , this got me laffing
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by seguun(m): 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2017
majekdom2:
i understand your point. smart work does not exist in the dictionary. Hard work connotes diligence. Whilst smart work means working intelligently. They both mean working to be successful. They both have the same goal. Smart work is a way of telling people to get intelligent with their efforts. It's a slang by motivtional speaker. It cannot replace the place of hard work or being diligent

Even in some years back you cannot find "SMARTPHONE" in the dictionary. As humans progress in evolution and development of our intellectual capacities, new terms are formed and ideas are postulated.

Different people sell oranges in the traffic for instance in scorching heat, that is hard work already. While everybody sells the traditional/conventional way, a guy decided to be different by probably sealing his oranges in beautiful nylons and stick a kind of label on them. You don't need any dictionary to tell you this guy is SMART. He works hard like every other guy inside traffic...but his smartness stands him out.

So as I said you may work hard while you work smart too but you may not be working smart but only working hard. Invariably everytime you find smartness in a work, it is SMART WORK! If it's just 'typical', my brother! You are WORKING HARD.

1 Like

Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by karlboss: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
MosD:
Truth is; 'working hard' is a misplaced and archaic phrase for this generation. We are in the era of 'thinking hard'
Naso! you just burst my head
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by lereinter(m): 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
9japrof:
In my short life span in Nigeria, working hard is not enough, thinking smart and getting connected to the right people is more than important.

90 percent of jobs in Nigeria is gotten through connection.

But the connection is not gotten just like that, there are prices to be paid.

Attend conferences and events, if you see free ones attend, else pay over the odds to attend, the paid events are better because most free events are not attended by the real people in the society.

Be a social being by attending social functions, attend functions where elites are likely to be there.

Then on a final note, package yourself. I don't believe completely in that statement that says " my goal is to be rich, not to look rich". Bros this is Nigeria, the elite you are trying to connect to, would not accept you if on the first impression he is having at you is that you are poor and needy, that would be the first big turn off.

So package yourself both in dressing and in speech, don't act clingy and needy.

May Jah bless all of us

yu think this is europe where educative conferences are held
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Alphasoar(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
majekdom2:
I am concurring already! wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by afroxyz: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
Machiny:
what he is saying you surely need an extra hand to lift you to that height you want to get to ...if olamide was not found and sponsored by id cabasa.wil you have heard of him today?...do you know how many more talented young men out looking for their own cabasa?...which some might never find.

I understand you. My point is be the best or very good at what you do, then you would be discovered
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by akeensbussy(m): 8:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
princejones:
My case is different because am the redeem of the Lord and a covenant child,what affect others is not permitted to affect me

I know u are a winners member....I have stop saying this word to myself. I will just say my case is different only. the rest I will not say..

because if u say what affected other is not permitted to affect me...Are u saying if good things are affecting others or bad things are affecting others...if the later, are u praying that bad thing should be affecting others....and if it is before, are u saying good thing should be affecting others and they are not permitted to affect u?

There is no basis for all this statement as a christian. It does not make sense at all saying this a child of God.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by AlwaysUltraPad: 7:00am On Oct 20, 2017
Amberon11:
Connection never got Ben Carson to the top. He has always maintained that hardwork and dedication were the key ingredients to his success.
maybe you did not read the book. Go check where he had a stint with an automobile company, the woman the through whom he got that offer. Remember where he said : connection got him in ,but it will take hard work to keep him in the system. This is what this thread is about.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Alphasoar(m): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
maybe you did not read the book. Go check where he had a stint with an automobile company, the woman the through whom he got that offer. Remember where he said : connection got him in ,but it will take hard work to keep him in the system. This is what this thread is about.
They will never agree to it.
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
HsLBroker:
God will connect us to the right people
Merciful God please connect me, physically, spiritually, financially, educationally in Jesus might name.

for educationally connection please visit

www.edx.org
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by pman06(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2017
grossintel:
Op just leave this country, this your live life advice is greatly affected by the country you live In. In the western world, if you are qualified for a job you get it! You don't need to know Obama's cousin.

Pman here from whatsapp
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Alphasoar(m): 11:40am On Oct 25, 2017
tuege:
After reading all the arguments about hardwork and smartwork, I think it's time for the next post from OP.
Please come forward and continue with what you were saying. Thank you.
Are you not satisfied or their argument got you confused?
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Osinachi00(m): 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
HsLBroker:
God will connect us to the right people
Amen
Re: What They Never Told Us About Working Hard In This Present Age by Alphasoar(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
still relevant

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest Igbo Men In 2019 / Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.